• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

sörine;144427240 said:
I guess. But really Nintendo's not the reason I can't play Final Fantasy III or Bomberman '94 on my Gamepad and I doubt that would change even if they were clearer on Virtual Console scheduling and direction.

Konami and Square Enix actually deserve the bitching though. Trash tier the both of them.

Nintendo could be helping other companies in getting them to do more releases and sales. How is it Sony and Microsoft don't seem to have this problem? Nintendo just seems to do everything in a bubble and the third parties they have left; don't seem to care about them too much.

Sony and Microsoft seem to "push" other companies to join in on sales. Look at Steam as another example.

GulAtiCa

Took a little longer then I originally thought, but ZaciSa's Last Stand has earned me back all development costs and is in profit now. :)

I was thinking of creating a thread, detailing the process since there still seems to be so much confusion about this...

Nintendo has set a record with me. I lost my 3DS a while back and just got a new one from my girlfriend. I called customer service and asked to merge my two NNIDs and move the old stuff on to the new console. This conversation took less than 10 minutes. The rep, named Ricky, have me the usual 24-48 hours timeframe ...it took less than three.

Nintendo CS continues to be the best.

sörine

Banned
Nintendo could be helping other companies in getting them to do more releases and sales. How is it Sony and Microsoft don't seem to have this problem? Nintendo just seems to do everything in a bubble and the third parties they have left; don't seem to care about them too much.

Sony and Microsoft seem to "push" other companies to join in on sales. Look at Steam as another example.
It's not like you can buy Bonk's Revenge, Bomberman '94, Secret of Mana or FF3 on PS4 or Xbox One either.

In fact Nintendo does both a better job with bringing over 3rd party Japanese games and rereleasing retro games. What you're crying about is actually the reverse, people bitch and blame Nintendo all the time when we don't get Dragon Quest localizations or TG16 games yet when the same happens on PlayStation or Xbox systems with games being left in Japan almost no one points fingers at Sony and Microsoft.

GulAtiCa

How's that card game coming?

Putting it on hold for now. Am still adding new small games (like checkers) to it. But might not come out for a while. Currently concentrating on getting ZaciSa out in Europe (PEGI for now, but will start USK process in Jan), the sequel for an Spring/early Summer launch. Also working on a pyshic-based puzzle game currently too for a NA/Europe release in Feb/March.

TheMoon

I was thinking of creating a thread, detailing the process since there still seems to be so much confusion about this...

Nintendo has set a record with me. I lost my 3DS a while back and just got a new one from my girlfriend. I called customer service and asked to merge my two NNIDs and move the old stuff on to the new console. This conversation took less than 10 minutes. The rep, named Ricky, have me the usual 24-48 hours timeframe ...it took less than three.

Nintendo CS continues to be the best.

NOA, right? They are seemingly very forthcoming about this, as we've heard from numerous people now.

sörine;144433003 said:
It's not like you can buy Bonk's Revenge, Bomberman '94, Secret of Mana or FF3 on PS4 or Xbox One either.

In fact Nintendo does both a better job with bringing over 3rd party Japanese games and rereleasing retro games. What you're crying about is actually the reverse, people bitch and blame Nintendo all the time when we don't get Dragon Quest localizations or TG16 games yet when the same happens on PlayStation or Xbox systems with games being left in Japan almost no one points fingers at Sony and Microsoft.

I don't think you clearly read what I wrote...what I was referring to was that MS and Sony have a lot of sales. We all know Nintendo frowns upon devaluing their brand [rightfully so]; which most likely is the reason that Nintendo doesn't entice companies to do massive salves from various companies all at once.

sörine

Banned
I don't think you clearly read what I wrote...what I was referring to was that MS and Sony have a lot of sales. We all know Nintendo frowns upon devaluing their brand [rightfully so]; which most likely is the reason that Nintendo doesn't entice companies to do massive salves from various companies all at once.
I did read it, you also said releases. And that's all I've been talking about, I don't really care about sales.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Team Top Hat makes one post and you guys discuss it for two pages. If it bothers you that much just ignore it, it's only one post per week unless you engage.

You know that's not a necessarily Good thing right?

Nintendo has their hands firmly in the videogames business. They are not disappearing anywhere.

I can't confidently say the same about Sony or MS.

sörine

Banned
Team Top Hat makes one post and you guys discuss it for two pages. If it bothers you that much just ignore it, it's only one post per week unless you engage.
We should be bitching about Konami and Square Enix every week anyway. Sega gets a temporary pass since they're brining the rest of those 3D Remasters.

I'm considering the following stuff on sale right now, any suggestions?

Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games | $3.99 until 01/01, then $7.99).

Chain Blaster (G-Style | $2.99 until 12/31, then $6.99)
Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios | $3.49 until 01/01)
Tappingo (Goodbye Galaxy Games | $1.99 until 01/01, then $2.99)
Grinsia (Nicalis | $4.99 until 01/05, then $10.00)
The Legend of Dark Witch (Circle Ent. | $2.79 until 01/08)

Chain Blaster is probably a definite, Grinsia seems less appealing now that I have an iPad and Kemco has plenty of SNES-style JRPGs to scratch that itch, but if it's really good I can grab it. Dark Witch is probably definite too, but I wish Circle would consider actually using the 3D on the 3DS at some point (assuming this doesn't based on past purchases).

sörine;144436894 said:
We should be bitching about Konami and Square Enix every week anyway.
I hate to say it, but Konami has put out some good VC stuff, they are just squandering away the amazing TG16 library (which does deserve ire).

Square-Enix is trash-tier as usual.

maxcriden

Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games | $3.99 until 01/01, then $7.99).

I haven't played a ton of Armillo, just the first world so far, but I really enjoy what I've played of it. It really scratches that 90's collectathon 3D platformer itch. Unlike those games, though, there's more actual platforming to it from what I can tell so far. It's a charming game with a surprising amount of content. It controls pretty seamlessly, too. It has a certain charm to it that's hard to put my finger on. I'm really glad to have tried it out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Chain Blaster (G-Style | $2.99 until 12/31, then $6.99)
Tappingo (Goodbye Galaxy Games | $1.99 until 01/01, then $2.99)
Chain Blaster is a decent shmup, but just know going in it's more based around a score attack structure, & the only other ship you unlock only takes about a few plays. For $3, if you're fine with a shmup that has a stronger focus on score & how long you last, I'd say go for it.

Tappingo, while stayed rather easy for the most part, was still enjoyable. One of those cheap, laid-back games you buy when you want something simpler, but you still want to feel like you're thinking & making some kind of progress.

I haven't played a ton of Armillo, just the first world so far, but I really enjoy what I've played of it. It really scratches that 90's collectathon 3D platformer itch. Unlike those games, though, there's more actual platforming to it from what I can tell so far. It's a charming game with a surprising amount of content. It controls pretty seamlessly, too. It has a certain charm to it that's hard to put my finger on. I'm really glad to have tried it out.
I generally dislike 3D collactathon platformers, but I'll see if I can find a video before making a final call.

Chain Blaster is a decent shmup, but just know going in it's more based around a score attack structure, & the only other ship you unlock only takes about a few plays. For $3, if you're fine with a shmup that has a stronger focus on score & how long you last, I'd say go for it.
Who plays shmups for something other than score attack?

Did 1001 Spikes ever get a patch on 3DS? On the fence if I should get it or not. I remember some versions were really broken at launch. Just don't remember which ones.

Did 1001 Spikes ever get a patch on 3DS? On the fence if I should get it or not. I remember some versions were really broken at launch. Just don't remember which ones.
I don't think so. There was also a promised content patch (and a 3DS port of Tempura of the Dead) that never happened.

The 3DS version is fine though, it has a crash issue with the hidden characters but it happens once and then you can finish the game with them without other problems.

I don't think so. There was also a promised content patch (and a 3DS port of Tempura of the Dead) that never happened.

The 3DS version is fine though, it has a crash issue with the hidden characters but it happens once and then you can finish the game with them without other problems.

Oh that's not too bad I guess. Still a inconvinience. I'll probably end up picking it up though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Everybody buy ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE™!

For me:

Maybes:
Rayman® Legends (Ubisoft) €14.99 / £11.99 / CHF19.70 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft) €9.99 / £6.49 / CHF13.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

Only because I saw them at retail for the same price.

Definitive buy:

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF7.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Toki Tori 2 + (Two Tribes Publishing) €2.99 / £2.49 / CHF3.99 until 07.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

Undecided:
Child of Light™ (Ubisoft) €4.89 / £3.89 / CHF6.90 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Stick it to the Man™ €3.99 / £3.49 / CHF5.25 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
AERO PORTER™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE™ (LEVEL-5) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 04.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Does Splinter Cell have better loading times than on disc?
Goddamn it's a 20GB download... that won't fit in my Deluxe and I'm out of HDD drives to spare atm.

zroid

Banned
I need to get Toki Tori 2, still don't know why I haven't picked that up yet. I think I wanted to last time it was on sale but put it off too long and forgot.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
was that game good? Mario Party thats single player focused seems like a nightmare.

-Coming from a guy that played a shitload of the singleplayer in MP1 to get coins to unlock all that shit.

jholmes

I considered Demon's Crest but I'm not sure if it'd be too punishing.

It's not super hard. The levels are short and it's really all about beating up on bosses, and there's unlimited lives and tons of checkpoints. It can get tough but it's very fair.

What is Live a Live? I've seen that name thrown around a bit on GAF threads.

The HULK HOGAN RPG!!!

34417-Live_A_Live_(Japan)_[En_by_Aeon_Genesis_v2.0Deluxe]-3.png

Chopper

Took a little longer then I originally thought, but ZaciSa's Last Stand has earned me back all development costs and is in profit now. :)
That is fucking awesome.

Does that include the costs of going into Europe? Cos I am going to buy that shit right up, no matter what you call it.

ZaciSa's Crayon Conflict ftw.

maxcriden

Congrats!!!

returntosender.wav

sadterrisusmbone.gif

Definitive buy:

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF7.00 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

I'm psyched to see what you think of SKAHBOR.

was that game good? Mario Party thats single player focused seems like a nightmare.

-Coming from a guy that played a shitload of the singleplayer in MP1 to get coins to unlock all that shit.

I don't think I ever played MPA, but as someone who played a lot of MP + MP2 solo and found it varying degrees of fun and/or kind of lonely and strange depending on the day, I definitely understand your reservations about a SP-focused MP experience. Anyway, here are some reviews if that helps:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/game-boy-advance/mario-party-advance

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I think I already asked this months ago, but I'd like to see a complete list with all the GBA Virtual Console releases so far (possibly with dates) for both Europe and US. The fact is that I feel like GBA's VC releases have had a good pace so far, but my impression could be wrong.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Oh, awesome!

Hopefully, one day we'll hear about the amount of copies your game sold.

I'm so eager to get more news about digital sales, aren't I? :lol

Orgen

Ahh, I'm in the same HDD-waffling boat. Haven't bought one yet...just keep deleting and re-downloading stuff :) Anyway, my pleasure; happy to help!

I have 1gb free and the second Mario Kart DLC for May... I can delete the Swapper (already beaten 100%, very good game) but I don't want to be uninstalling and reinstalling everything :(

I didn't buy guacamelee when it was on sale because of its size and now I regret it. I'll buy me a nice HDD this Christmas and forget about sizes of games.

Child of Light is a steal at that price, so anyone on the fence should buy it! (And start the game on hard because the normal level is very easy)

L~A

Good news: F-Zero GP Legend and Fire Emblem : The Sacred Stones are coming reaaaaal soon to the EU eShop.

No idea for the exact date, but since Nintendo's already sending out review codes for those... shouldn't be too far off ;)

Jethro

Good news: F-Zero GP Legend and Fire Emblem : The Sacred Stones are coming reaaaaal soon to the EU eShop.

No idea for the exact date, but since Nintendo's already sending out review codes for those... shouldn't be too far off ;)

Somehow related. They are sending out review codes for MH4U too, although it's still tba.

L~A

Of course it's still TBA, they're not gonna reveal when the N3DS is coming out in Europe before the 1st ND of 2015 ;)

NB: I don't know anything, but that's the only scenario that makes sense and explains why they haven't even given us a month for MH4U.

Back OT: I wonder when they plan to actually announce Rusty for Europe... it's been rated by the ACB for months already.

Top Bottom