• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

daydream

Banned
Yeah, A Link to the Past is awful, what were they thinking with that word play? I tried the game once but the cheekiness of the title really soured the whole experience. Better stay away from it, guys.

The name ensures that I'll never get it.
Just sounds so incredibly stupid.

"Ittle Dew" is another game that I completely dismiss due to the name.
Seriously, I don't know what they're thinking with names like those.

Thanks for showing me a cool little puzzle game I now have interest in buying.

It's a petty thing to dismiss a game just on name alone. If that was the case, I'd dismiss Metal Gear for how stupid sounding it is.

Ya know, Earthbound is a stupid name.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tomorrow is Duck Hunt, Mario Party Advance, & Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 on Wii U VC, then Super Mario Bros Deluxe on 3DS VC. Not to mention a 3DS sale for all the Guild 01 & 02 games.

It's rather good for a holiday. Guess one could consider it a Xmas gift from Nintendo.

terrisus

I know, right? Like "Chrono Trigger". Pfffft.

What's wrong with Guacamelee?

It's universally praised as well. You'd skip amazing games just because of the name?

Wonder if he bought a Wii.

Thanks for showing me a cool little puzzle game I now have interest in buying.

It's a petty thing to dismiss a game just on name alone. If that was the case, I'd dismiss Metal Gear for how stupid sounding it is.

Ya know, Earthbound is a stupid name.

Yes, I'm aware it's a foolish and silly reason.

But, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to get off my lazy ass and buy the Hyrule Warriors DLC
Hey speaking of HW DLC, from what I've heard, the pre-order costumes are now available on the eShop for everyone to purchase for the low price of $0.99. & that's for the bundles (OoT, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, & Ganondorf bundle), so you get a Link & Zelda outfit based on said games, while Ganondorf bundle gives you outfits based on OoT & TP.

Yuterald

lol I bought all DLC recently for both Pikmin 3 and Hyrule Warriors. Got the Mario Kart 8 shit back when it was first announced too. Trying to make the most out of the DDP for sure. So hyped for Shantae tomorrow!

Hey speaking of HW DLC, from what I've heard, the pre-order costumes are now available on the eShop for everyone to purchase for the low price of $0.99. & that's for the bundles (OoT, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, & Ganondorf bundle), so you get a Link & Zelda outfit based on said games, while Ganondorf bundle gives you outfits based on OoT & TP.

Not out in America. Surprised? :D

maxcriden

With Christmas Eve in full swing and Christmas tomorrow, I wanted to ask y'all about your favorite holiday memories playing Nintendo games. So, what are your favorite childhood and more recent holiday Nintendo memories?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Earliest I can recall was the fact I got a SNES for Xmas when I was about 6, which is how I got into gaming.

Earliest Nintendo memory was getting my NES with Super Mario and Duck Hunt when I was 9. But those two weren't the first NES games I played, because there was also Contra sitting under the tree. Talk about the best way to introduce myself to the NES! I didn't even know the game existed until I played it on that wonderful day.

With Christmas Eve in full swing and Christmas tomorrow, I wanted to ask y'all about your favorite holiday memories playing Nintendo games. So, what are your favorite childhood and more recent holiday Nintendo memories?

Me in 1996-1997(I can't remember which Christmas but it was Christmas)

pZXNzYG.gif

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The name ensures that I'll never get it.
Just sounds so incredibly stupid.

"Ittle Dew" is another game that I completely dismiss due to the name.
Seriously, I don't know what they're thinking with names like those.

Pheeew... you wrote that up just barely on time to make the 2014 top10 list of @NeoGAFshitposts, congrats! :p

Ah...right. I don't know, exactly. I suppose because...I dunno, haha. I didn't think it through and didn't realize the seller was Canadian (it's not a done deal yet anyway). I think I must've just figured since (mostly?) the same games were available it would work somehow.

It's going to be pretty much impossible to find a way to trade it for a US one, though, right?

Hey Max, I'm looking for Canadian eshop credit. Can you point me the direction of the seller in question (assuming it's a gaffer)? Thanks.

sörine

Banned
I had an NES before it but my fondest memory is probably Christmas 1991 and getting a Super NES. We got F-Zero, Sim City and Actraiser with it but my sister and I spent all day playing Mario World.

terrisus

I don't have as many specific to Christmas, since my birthday is December 12, and so most of the major stuff happened then.

In particular, getting my SNES for my 9th birthday in 1991 was definitely amazing.
I have a friend whose birthday is October 1, though, so he got it then, right after it came out. So, I had been playing it a bunch before I got my own.

Getting my SNES was still unbelievably amazing though.
23 years later, and I'm still in love with it.

Probably the main Christmas thing would be 1997, the year after we got the internet at home, when my mother let me go onto Funcoland's website and order a bunch of stuff from there to get for my birthday and Christmas.
And that was back when you could order just about anything there. Earthbound, Chrono Trigger (had them both already, but just for examples), whatever.

So, that year I had a whole bunch of NES and SNES games - which had been on my "wishlist" for years, and which I finally had the chance to get - to open, which was awesome.

tebunker

Banned
Christmas Eve 1989, 10 years old, with my mom on an emergency last minute run to Sears to get a gift for my sister, 2 year old than me. No lie we go in and she gets her a Gameboy with a bunch of other stuff, imagine my 10 year old self wondering why not me? However, I feel good knowing that she is getting a cool gift and maybe I will be lucky enough to use it on occasion.

Next day as we are opening gifts, turns out that I got a Gameboy too. My mom had just gotten a Christmas bonus and wanted me and my sister to be able to play together. It was pretty sweet.

It's also much more sweet looking back because I know we did not have a lot of money back then, so for my mom to get us both Gameboys, which were the hot Christmas thing, is pretty damned amazing.

As for tomorrow's update, a sale would be cool, I would grab $10 and drop it in the account to also get that last DDP credit.

Javier

How can people make money by offering a free eShop game? The question is inspire by that free Card Game available. It's also over 1GB in size, why would it have such a big foot print for a simple game as that.
In the case of Lucadian Chronicles (the card game you mention), only a portion of the game is free. You have to pay (I think $7?) to unlock the whole game.

Glass Joe

Not revealed but if it's anything like black Friday, be ready to be disappointed. NOA doesn't know how to do sales on their own games.

I don't remember Xmas day sales being a thing last year. And what would be the point, since all the gift-giving would be done? I suppose they could try to get new owners interested in the eShop though. And no surprise, we're getting 3 VC games which is a lot by Nintendo standards, so you switch over to something else to complain about.

I do hope that Euro Ubisoft sale comes to the US with similar prices. Or that some other companies include some sales (the eShop's getting pretty boring with the same indie games on sale over and over).

Less than 12 hours until the surprise release of the DKCs?! Here's hoping!!

Eh, as mentioned, 3 VC games in one week already. None of them ever released before (though I don't know who would choose the GBA version of Mario World instead of or in addition to the SNES one). Hopefully they'll plan the trilogy for the new year! Jan 1st is a Thursday too!

More eShop sales going on in NA:

[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $39.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV - $14.99 thru 1/5 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Winter Sports - Feel the Spirit - $5.99 thru 1/11 (was $9.99)
[Wii U] Darksiders II - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Jeopardy! - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Wheel of Fortune - $7.99 thru 1/6 (was $39.99)

Out of the top 3 which one do you all think is the better game? I haven't played either of those series before.

zroid

Banned
Well I finally played Woah Dave... it's fun but man it is the quintessential "99 cent game"

even for a pure high score arcade game there's not much to it

Draconian

Is the eshop down for anyone else? I keep getting an error saying there's high amounts of traffic or something. I'm trying to decide what I want to buy in order to get my last DDP code.

Experien

Is the eshop down for anyone else? I keep getting an error saying there's high amounts of traffic or something. I'm trying to decide what I want to buy in order to get my last DDP code.
Tried to jump online now and all I could do was load eshop and DL a free theme :/

Experien

Although I have it and wasn't floored by Darksiders 2 on PS3...I lost my save and very tempted to get it on Wii U at that low price.

How poorly does it play?

Nintendo is going to ruin Christmas for me if I can't get Duck Hunt tomorrow. All of my family will miss out on it's greatness until next year.

ohlawd

What makes that one stand out above the others?

I couldn't tell ya.

I like DSO the best cuz it's an SRPG and the addictive demon fusion of SMT is super amplified as grinding money for more demon fusing is crack.

story is cool, the dub is great and value proposition is off the chain with multiple endings. Replay value is infinite, pretty much. I've played through the game multiple times to reach 150+ hours (half of that was spent on getting 100%) and it still feels totally fresh.

IV and Untold are great games too. I would just buy all of them if I were you (15 bucks each is the lowest these games will go so might as well... no, Atlus, don't start putting these games on sale for $10 -_-)

I couldn't tell ya.

I like DSO the best cuz it's an SRPG and the addictive demon fusion of SMT is super amplified as grinding money for more demon fusing is crack.

story is cool, the dub is great and value proposition is off the chain with multiple endings. Replay value is infinite, pretty much. I've played through the game multiple times to reach 150+ hours (half of that was spent on getting 100%) and it still feels totally fresh.

IV and Untold are great games too. I would just buy all of them if I were you (15 bucks each is the lowest these games will go so might as well... no, Atlus, don't start putting these games on sale for $10 -_-)

Thanks for the response! :)

Same thing happened last year. It was down for practically a week. Good job Nintendo. I'm gonna be pissed if it's truly down that long again with DDP ending.

Robin64

Doubt it'll be down too long this year, there's no Pokemon Bank absolutely fucking everything up. (Fingers crossed though)

Top Bottom