• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

Katsuragi

Forget Rusty, I want that sticker thingy.

The sticker app is incredibly charming. I gave it a try on my Japanese 3DS and was blown away by it. I just hope Nintendo will include some of its other franchises as well. Currently the stickers seem to be limited to the Mario and Animal Crossing series.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Of course it's still TBA, they're not gonna reveal when the N3DS is coming out in Europe before the 1st ND of 2015 ;)

NB: I don't know anything, but that's the only scenario that makes sense and explains why they haven't even given us a month for MH4U.

Back OT: I wonder when they plan to actually announce Rusty for Europe... it's been rated by the ACB for months already.

Yeah, I'd say Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be released alongside New 3DS. I thought Majora's Mask 3D as well, but it'll probably come out later. Heck, I think Europe will get the New 3DS MH4U bundle as well.

Weng

I think I already asked this months ago, but I'd like to see a complete list with all the GBA Virtual Console releases so far (possibly with dates) for both Europe and US. The fact is that I feel like GBA's VC releases have had a good pace so far, but my impression could be wrong.
PAL
NA

I think I already asked this months ago, but I'd like to see a complete list with all the GBA Virtual Console releases so far (possibly with dates) for both Europe and US. The fact is that I feel like GBA's VC releases have had a good pace so far, but my impression could be wrong.
Here you go: JP NA EU
Asking Google and Wikipedia would have gotten you these faster XP

edit: Heh, I guess I shouldn't speak about speed... XD

maxcriden

I have 1gb free and the second Mario Kart DLC for May... I can delete the Swapper (already beaten 100%, very good game) but I don't want to be uninstalling and reinstalling everything :(

I didn't buy guacamelee when it was on sale because of its size and now I regret it. I'll buy me a nice HDD this Christmas and forget about sizes of games.

Child of Light is a steal at that price, so anyone on the fence should buy it! (And start the game on hard because the normal level is very easy)

Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle to uninstall and reinstall but the fact that HDs don't grow on trees* means I'm more likely to save my pennies and go through the minor hassle, even if it would make things a bit easier at times. Trying not to spend tons on games so it's just an extra purchase I don't really need to make at this point. :)

*except the HD tree inside terrisus's house of course

I'll be sure to pick up COL if it's on sale here in NA, thanks for the recommendation! :)

Good news: F-Zero GP Legend and Fire Emblem : The Sacred Stones are coming reaaaaal soon to the EU eShop.

No idea for the exact date, but since Nintendo's already sending out review codes for those... shouldn't be too far off ;)

Really good to see that GBA VC support continue in full force.

Javier

Doesn't F2P have some sort of legal issues in Europe? If it's anything like Rusty's Real Deal, I can see the sticker app getting released in America but not in Europe.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It'd be amazing if we got the sticker game this week, but I'm keeping my expectations in check & hoping for Jan. or Feb.

daydream

Banned
Doesn't F2P have some sort of legal issues in Europe? If it's anything like Rusty's Real Deal, I can see the sticker app getting released in America but not in Europe.

Unless I'm not up to date, I think it's more about nomenclature (so you can't *call* it free-to-play if it has IAP). There are certainly no restrictions on releasing an F2P title.

Chrom

If anybody's interested, Cypronia (developer of Angry Bunnies, Color Zen) is currently giving away download codes to all of their games via Facebook. Like/Share/Comment and you'll get what you want.

Zeeman

If anybody's interested, Cypronia (developer of Angry Bunnies, Color Zen) is currently giving away download codes to all of their games via Facebook. Like/Share/Comment and you'll get what you want.

What's worthwhile from their catalogue to request? Is Color Zen better on 3DS or Wii U?

I think I'm entirely over the concept of selling my social cred for trinkets. I'll like and share what I actually like and want to share.

That's why you make a throwaway Facebook account!

zigg

I think I'm entirely over the concept of selling my social cred for trinkets. I'll like and share what I actually like and want to share.

zroid

Banned

might as well eh... get some free DDP and Club N coins out of it at the very least

Chrom

What's worthwhile from their catalogue to request? Is Color Zen better on 3DS or Wii U?

I honestly can't speak for all of their games, but Color Zen might actually be the only one I'd consider recommending checking out (as well as Color Zen Kids). Going off the demo, it's a neat puzzle game with an interesting concept.

As for 3DS vs. Wii U, it's basically a handheld vs. console preference, but for what it's worth, redeeming the Wii U one should give you additional DDP points. Just something to keep in mind!

Edit: Damn, I'm slow.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I thought about requesting Angry Bunnies because it costs more (ie more DDP) but even I'm not going to sink that low! :lol

actually I hope these codes get delivered before the new year >.>

Li Kao

Mmh going to give the whole 3ds thing another attempt. Not that I don't like the console but there is so much source of entertainment nowadays that I admit I never really used the little thing.
I was thinking about a self pre-christmas gift of Super Mario 3D Land and Fantasy Life, what do you think ? The horrendous shit that is Seabeard on iOS gave me the feeling that I may like life simulation, but the choice between Fantasy Life and Animal Crossing is difficult. Fantasy Life looks nicer and a little more focused than AC, but then AC is seen as the king of the genre, decisions, decisions...

Oh and as my 3DS saw so little use I must finally decide on a location for the NNID. The thing is, I don't know if selecting Canada (for the credit card) now after having bought some games many moons ago with location set to USA will result in a good thing. That and my club Nintendo account is set to USA too. Don't want to lose digital games or points in the process.

daydream

Banned
Mmh going to give the whole 3ds thing another attempt. Not that I don't like the console but there is so much source of entertainment nowadays that I admit I never really used the little thing.
I was thinking about a self pre-christmas gift of Super Mario 3D Land and Fantasy Life, what do you think ? The horrendous shit that is Seabeard on iOS gave me the feeling that I may like life simulation, but the choice between Fantasy Life and Animal Crossing is difficult. Fantasy Life looks nicer and a little more focused than AC, but then AC is seen as the king of the genre, decisions, decisions...

Fantasy Life is Rune Factory with MMO trappings, so mostly an RPG. If you want full life-sim, go with AC (although I think Disney Magical World is a legitimate alternative, standing sort of between FL and AC).

It's times like this I wish my fake facebook didn't get banned.

maxcriden

Ughhhh Nintendo announce the Christmas sale pls I know you don't want to go to work on Christmas ;__;

I want your X-Mas sale to make me feel like this:

nintendo-64-emocionante-xd-o.gif

n64-o.gif

Mind explaining how it works?

Called the customer support line, where there's a specific option to select to transfer content from one system to another. After this, I explained my situation to the rep and he asked me for my NNID and the serial number from the new 3DS. (He paused for a moment and said, 'Ok, let me your serial number from your old 3DS,'--I told him no need I had it written down.) He then restated back to me what I wanted him to do, which I confirmed for him. He then asked to verify by either telling him my Club Nintendo login or telling him a few purchases I had made on my old 3DS...he told me the more obscure the better, so I told him Shin Megami Tensei IV, a couple GameGear VC games and a few G-Style indie games. He said OK and then asked if I had DSiWare content tied to the console, which I did and he said OK, we'll recover that as well.

He restated my aim again, by saying "So you want to merge NNIDs and then migrate the old NNID to your new 3DS with ______ serial number, from your old 3DS with ______ serial number and the DSi content associated with it?"

I said yes, he told me I would receive an email within 24-48 hours detailing the last step I needed to take and to keep an eye out for that. I said ok, hung up and then ended receiving three emails shortly thereafter.

-One saying they were deleting my NNID
-A Second, about 2 hours later, saying that my issue had been resolved and to log back in.
-And a third asking me to take a survey, which I did.

maxcriden

This why delayed email send times were invented. :p

Sick, sick world we live in. There's only one cure:

(But seriously, why the hell doesn't SafeSearch work properly? I really do not want to see these results, blegh.)

(Also, the Dr. Luigi image is my subtle hope for a big Nintendo Direct around this time like we got last year (NES Remix, Dr. Luigi, Hyrule Warriors) and a year before that in January (the mega Direct).)

Zeeman

Sick, sick world we live in. There's only one cure:

(But seriously, why the hell doesn't SafeSearch work properly? I really do not want to see these results, blegh.)

(Also, the Dr. Luigi image is my subtle hope for a big Nintendo Direct around this time like we got last year (NES Remix, Dr. Luigi, Hyrule Warriors) and a year before that in January (the mega Direct).)

Yeah, I'm hoping for some sort of eShop game announcement that's now available.
Give me SNES Remix

GulAtiCa

So my current thought process is to submit my Game stuff to PEGI by Sunday Dec 28th. So that gives me a little less then week to confirm what I'll name the game.

Current contenders:
ZaciSa's Tower Defense
ZaciSa's Crayon Defense
ZaciSa's Defense of the Crayon Dimension!
ZaciSa's Scribble Defense
ZaciSa's Sketch|Draw Defense (not a fan)

I think I like "ZaciSa's Defense of the Crayon Dimension!" most so far, just for the absurdity of it all. :lol

Any options, comments, suggestions, likes?

maxcriden

So Emily Rogers just tweeted the following:

Aw yiss
mother
fucking
pinball

Nice! How does Emily Rogers have this info but nobody else? It must've just been put on the NA site or something? Or does she have inside info? Either way, neat to see these releases, though I really want DKC more than any of these since...and I've got SMA2 on cart...I don't think I'll play any of these others...this is good news overall, of course, though!

Just now getting around to playing Guacamelee on Wii U. Awesome game. Anyone a fan of Metroid should get this.

Wii U eshop has newer sales. Darksiders 2 is on sale for 7.99

Top Bottom