• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

Wish the Wii U eshop was updated earlier in NA...my family and I kinda have a third shift schedule and we just opened some gifts. Got $20 eshop credit, which would be perfect to use on Shantae ^_^

Crimson Shroud at that price is a steal. But right now i don't have a 3DS. Is there a way i could buy the game now and later activate it when i purchase the 3DS?

Thanks for any answers.
In the case of Lucadian Chronicles (the card game you mention), only a portion of the game is free. You have to pay (I think $7?) to unlock the whole game.
Gracias Javier.

That's an interesting way to attract customers for an eShop game. It most have some pull since it appears in the Wara Wara Plaza when i start the system. i asume the criteria for been there is due to significant amount of traffic in the Miiverse community.

Crimson Shroud at that price is a steal. But right now i don't have a 3DS. Is there a way i could buy the game now and later activate it when i purchase the 3DS?

Thanks for any answers.

Short answer, no. Unless Nintendo someday to create a unified account system where you can buy them on a web store, and access them on multiple devices, something like that is not likely. Purchases are tied to the system you make the purchase from still.

TheMoon

any wii u eshop exclusives not made by wayforward that ain't shovelware?

i already got nano

no roms, pls

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails & Stealth Inc 2 & Toki Tori 2+ (also on PC but better on Wii U)

Short answer, no. Unless Nintendo someday to create a unified account system where you can buy them on a web store, and access them on multiple devices, something like that is not likely. Purchases are tied to the system you make the purchase from still.

None of this is true, btw, except for the part where you cannot buy the game without a 3DS.

There is a unified account system, you can buy certain games from Nintendo of America's website (but limited to first party Wii U games at the moment) and purchases are NOT tied to your hardware but to your NNID account. Please stop parroting this misinformation. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply Hyrule Warrior.

i was aware of the things you pointed out BUT...
There is a unified account system, you can buy certain games from Nintendo of America's website (but limited to first party Wii U games at the moment) and purchases are NOT tied to your hardware but to your NNID account. Please stop parroting this misinformation. Thank you.
That's why i asked. i heard previously, that Nintendo had an online store, but if the selection is as limted as The Moon points out then sadly im out of luck.

However, for educational purposes let's say the online web store had the 3DS game i wanted but i don't have a 3DS yet. If i purchase the game what would the outcome be? Do i get a download code for later activation or on the other hand, as soon as i buy the 3DS later and link it to the account the game will automatically appear in the device for download?
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails & Stealth Inc 2 & Toki Tori 2+ (also on PC but better on Wii U)
Tokitori 2? Why is better on Wii U?

Also if you have experience with Stealth Inc, how does it compare to something like Mark of the Ninja?

TheMoon

Thanks for the reply Hyrule Warrior.

i was aware of the things you pointed out BUT...

That's why i asked. i heard previously, that Nintendo had an online store, but if the selection is as limted as The Moon points out then sadly im out of luck.

However, for educational purposes let's say the online web store had the 3DS game i wanted but i don't have a 3DS yet. If i purchase the game what would the outcome be? Do i get a download code for later activation or on the other hand, as soon as i buy the 3DS later and link it to the account the game will automatically appear in the device for download?

Tokitori 2? Why is better on Wii U?

Also if you have experience with Stealth Inc, how does it compare to something like Mark of the Ninja?

Check this thread for details / history on the DetectiveGAF finding out about the NOA web store thingy.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911336

Currently you can buy a game and choose to either get a code that you can redeem or log-in with your NNID and have the purchased game download directly to your Wii U in standby. This is currently, as I said, not available for 3DS games.

Like here: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/FgqKyqqYqgF2zNVct7wzwAVuaXjPWhnD
There's a BUY DIGITAL button. That starts the process.

As for Toki Tori 2+, it's better on Wii U because of Off-TV play and Miiverse for puzzle help.

Stealth Inc. 2 is a completely different game than Mark of the Ninja. It's a puzzle-platformer type of game where you enter challenge rooms and compete for the best time to clear those on online leaderboards and you navigate a Metroid-style map and you find can find little stuff in the overworld to help you along on your way to more challenge rooms. It also has an co-op mode and an insane level editor.

Watch these dev walkthroughs:
Stealth Inc 2: Uncovered Part One - Exploration & Overworld: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xMc6qv-5M
Stealth Inc 2: Uncovered Part Two - Gadgets and Gizmos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JwOSwZB_-M
Stealth Inc 2: Uncovered Part Three - Two Player Co-op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq7u8zaFZGM
Stealth Inc 2: Uncovered Part Four - Level Editor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHnOF5AaGag

Yuterald

Merry xmas all! Yo, that shop needs to update! Need my holiday Shantae fun. Been holding out for the U release since it dropped and I need that Library track blasting through my sound bar stat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This week's updates:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – Embark on a new adventure with Shantae, the hair-whipping belly-dancing genie. After losing her magic, Shantae teams up with the nefarious pirate Risky Boots in order to save Sequin Land from a curse. As a pirate, Shantae gains new weapons to advance her quest, slay monsters, battle epic bosses … and hopefully get her magic back in the process. Click here to watch a trailer for this game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Duck Hunt – Grab your Wii Remote controller! It’s duck season and your trusty hunting dog is ready to scour the open fields. Test your sharp-shooting skills as your targets take flight in this legendary NES classic. Be quick to knock them out of the skies, or your canine companion won’t hesitate to make you the laughing stock of hunters. Need a change in scenery? Best your score against clay pigeon targets instead.
Mario Party Advance – Bowser has crashed the party and scattered all of Party World’s mini-games and Professor E. Gadd’s Gaddgets around Shroom City! Play as Mario, Luigi, Peach or Yoshi and move around the board to complete special challenges or help the locals solve their problems.
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 – Everything from the original Super NES game Super Mario World is here in this Game Boy Advance remake, giving you all 76 levels with a host of unforgettable characters and challenging platforming game play. You can also play the timeless arcade classic Mario Bros.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe – Battle Bowser’s vile henchmen through 32 levels in the Original 1985 game mode. Move on to collecting special Red Coins and Yoshi Eggs in Challenge mode. Then, try to unlock a secret mode that’s waiting to be found by super players like you! Every mode will give you the chance to beat your own score – there’s a lot more to do than just saving a princess.

Top Tips for New Nintendo System Owners

New owners can make the most of their new Nintendo 3DS or Wii U systems by checking out our “Welcome” checklists! We’ll introduce you to either the Wii U system or the Nintendo 3DS system with 10 fun starting tips. The checklists can be found at http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/get-started or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/get-started – they’re both filled with handy links to detailed information.

World StreetPass Holidays

World StreetPass Holidays: Dec. 24-Jan. 4 – Celebrate the holidays and ring in the New Year with StreetPass tags from all over North America and Europe. Just take your StreetPass-enabled Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system to a Nintendo Zone location during the holidays and you may trade Mii characters and certain game data with other fans in faraway states and countries. For more information about how to use StreetPass via StreetPass Relay Points visit here. To find Nintendo Zone locations near you, please visit here.

Nintendo eShop Sales

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Get your holiday season started off right with LEGO! Save up to 50 percent on select LEGO games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze, The Legend of Korra: A New Era Begins and more games from Activision are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Toki Tori 2+, Swords & Soldiers and more fun games from Two Tribes are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 8.
Stick it to the Man, Pure Chess and more games from Ripstone are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1.
Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale, WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE and more games from Level 5 are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 4.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest and Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay from GameMill are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 20.

More Nintendo eShop Discounts

Check Out Deals on Other Great Games! – Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under “Price Drops” to find out more about these great deals. Visit www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more information.

Also New this Week
Spy Chameleon (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Toon Tanks (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
PUZZLEBOX setup (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Also that Level 5 sale was placed in the wrong location, should be under 3DS, not Wii U.

ohlawd

merry xmas, everyone

question, if I buy Shantae and I think it's worth 22.99 here instead of 19.99, will I get 229 points for DDP?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there any way to gift a game directly to another person on the eStore?

Or any way to buy a game myself and gift it to someone else?
Only select 1st party games that also have retail versions can be bought online & then are given to you as a code, so you could give the code to someone else if you wanted.

It doesn't apply for Virtual Console, eShop exclusive, or 3rd party games at the moment, though.

Zeeman

merry xmas, everyone

question, if I buy Shantae and I think it's worth 22.99 here instead of 19.99, will I get 229 points for DDP?

When I redeemed an NES Remix code from Club Nintendo, it was priced at $16.49 CAD as opposed to $15 US, and I got 164 DDP points from it.

The Wii U as a console has been struggling in sales for 2 years and you're wondering why there's no discounts?

Perhaps if they did discounts more people would come. Would you be enticed to an ecosystem where everything is always MSRP?

Also good guy NOE discounted Mario 3D World.

TheMoon

Perhaps if they did discounts more people would come. Would you be enticed to an ecosystem where everything is always MSRP?

I'm sure people don't buy a Wii U because Nintendo rarely discounts their own games on th eShop. That must be the reason! We finally figured it out!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When I redeemed an NES Remix code from Club Nintendo, it was priced at $16.49 CAD as opposed to $15 US, and I got 164 DDP points from it.

It's the price you paid unless you redeem it from a code, then you get the current full price value of the game. Very handy for squeezing out a bit of extra free money from Club Nintendo and VERY nice when deals like the free Mario Kart 8 or Platinum Rewards game happen.

Katsuragi

This week's updates:

Stick it to the Man, Pure Chess and more games from Ripstone are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1.

I guess this means that Knytt Underground is on sale as well! I hope people will give it a try. It's a really fun and immersive game.

I don't believe Microsoft or Sony runs any online discounts on their first party stuff either.

Also discounts are going to hurt Nintendo's bottom line. They've already pushed the sale price of their bundles down, ran club Nintendo and DDP promotions, etc. They can't afford to also cut into their publishing revenue as well.

I'm sure people don't buy a Wii U because Nintendo rarely discounts their own games on th eShop. That must be the reason! We finally figured it out!

I hear it all the times that Nintendo is too expensive. When you're known for never dropping prices it does but a damper on things

The length and excuses you guys go to, to defend Nintendo is astounding sometimes. Nintendo is losing a ton of market share and yet they continually have the highest prices around on their games.

We all are here because we love Nintendo, but that doesn't mean we can't see their wrongdoings

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Another way to look at it is that in the lead up to SSB 3DS Nintendo did a whole bunch of first party sales...and then did nothing for the Wii U version, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, The week before Christmas, Christmas. Maybe the first round of sales didn't meet their expectations.

zroid

Banned
DUCK HUNT

man I am going to a family Christmas dinner tonight, tempted to take the Wii U along just to play Duck Hunt with them :lol

DUCK HUNT

man I am going to a family Christmas dinner tonight, tempted to take the Wii U along just to play Duck Hunt with them :lol
I'm doing this , well people are coming over here.

Thoughts on Stick it to the man? Looks interesting but I never hear anyone talk about it

terrisus

Huzzah, $20 eShop card for Christmas.
In addition to the $35 eShop card I received from my GAF Secret Santa, I'm just rolling in eShop credit.

It will all go quickly enough.
So much great stuff.

P.S. Why in the world would anyone buy Super Mario Advance 2 when one could be playing Super Mario World on the same console? >.>
I mean, I have it for GBA, but in that case it offered the advantage of being portable. But now... I just don't see the reason.

Huzzah, $20 eShop card for Christmas.
In addition to the $35 eShop card I received from my GAF Secret Santa, I'm just rolling in eShop credit.

It will all go quickly enough.
So much great stuff.

P.S. Why in the world would anyone buy Super Mario Advance 2 when one could be playing Super Mario World on the same console? >.>
I mean, I have it for GBA, but in that case it offered the advantage of being portable. But now... I just don't see the reason.

What's the difference between them?

Alright GAF, help me out please. I bought my youngest brother a 2DS and some eShop cards, and I already created a Club Nintendo account for him as a family member under my own account. How do coins work on a family account? I have 600 coins already.

Will he simply buy eshop games and have them registered to his sub account, and the coins go into the main account? Or will we have two separate lots of coins?

Please and thanks, happy holidays.

maxcriden

Luigi doesn't just look like Luigi, he's got the proper physics, too. So that's pretty neat.

(Also, disappointed in the lack of sales.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just remember Yoshi can now eat those dolphins, something which was only possible in the original Super Famicom version but not the SNES one.

As for today, probably just Duck Hunt & Weapon Shop for me. I'd rather focus on DDP at the moment, and for some reason, SMB Deluxe feels like something that'll be on sale or Club Nintendo.

Tesseract

Banned
master reboot ain't exclusive

guess i'll get scram kitty and call it a day, the rest look like turds. nintendo's got like no exclusives, lol. they should port 3ds games to u's eshop.

terrisus

Experien

Alright GAF, help me out please. I bought my youngest brother a 2DS and some eShop cards, and I already created a Club Nintendo account for him as a family member under my own account. How do coins work on a family account? I have 600 coins already.

Will he simply buy eshop games and have them registered to his sub account, and the coins go into the main account? Or will we have two separate lots of coins?

Please and thanks, happy holidays.
While I don't have a family account, that is how I heard it works, pool all thr coins into one place.

Edit: also WayForward usually does shovel ware stuff but TMNT Danger of the Ooze is a great Metroid game with full cast voice over and lots to explore. It took me about 5 hours to complete at 97% so standard Metroid length?

Top Bottom