• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

P.S. Why in the world would anyone buy Super Mario Advance 2 when one could be playing Super Mario World on the same console? >.>
I mean, I have it for GBA, but in that case it offered the advantage of being portable. But now... I just don't see the reason.
Think of it this way: if you as a kid had gotten the GBA version as a present on Christmas morning back when it came out, wouldn't you get all nostalgic on seeing it pop up on the eShop today? I prefer the SNES version as well, but I understand why they're releasing this one too and I know it's going to do well. Besides, I dunno, I think Virtual Console should ideally, eventually, contain every single thing ever made.

Will he simply buy eshop games and have them registered to his sub account, and the coins go into the main account? Or will we have two separate lots of coins?
You will share one single pool of coins. That's the purpose of family accounts.

master reboot ain't exclusive
guess i'll get scram kitty and call it a day, the rest look like turds. nintendo's got like no exclusives, lol. they should port 3ds games to u's eshop.
"With such strong opinions, this must surely be a person of great intelligence!" Is that what you think people will say after you express yourself this way? It used to be that when I saw people say "there are no wrong opinions," I told them about racism, homophobia, communism, fascism, and other isms and phobias. Now I've got another thing to tell them about!

terrisus

Think of it this way: if you as a kid had gotten the GBA version as a present on Christmas morning back when it came out, wouldn't you get all nostalgic on seeing it pop up on the eShop today? I prefer the SNES version as well, but I understand why they're releasing this one too and I know it's going to do well. Besides, I dunno, I think Virtual Console should ideally, eventually, contain every single thing ever made.

Yeah, I mean, I think it's good for them to put up as much stuff as possible...
And I see your point about people who might have nostalgia for/be used to that particular version.

But still, the SNES version is just perfect :þ

Amalthea

Banned
While I don't have a family account, that is how I heard it works, pool all thr coins into one place.

Edit: also WayForward usually does shovel ware stuff but TMNT Danger of the Ooze is a great Metroid game with full cast voice over and lots to explore. It took me about 5 hours to complete at 97% so standard Metroid length?
I really hope it is, TMNT Radical Rescue is one of the most underappreciated Turtles games and I'd love to see more of that.

maxcriden

master reboot ain't exclusive

guess i'll get scram kitty and call it a day, the rest look like turds. nintendo's got like no exclusives, lol. they should port 3ds games to u's eshop.

You'll enjoy SKAHBOR. Also, if you 100% it, you get a free Skor bar.

cHKrAra.jpg

Experien

I really hope it is, TMNT Radical Rescue is one of the most underappreciated Turtles games and I'd love to see more of that.

Fully explorablr environment, ability unlocks, shrukiens = missiles, pizza box is like an E Tank but you to activate it to get health and no revive from death, light leveling up to give you more powerful attacks. When a turtle dies, you have to go find and save them to get them back.

Also, the title screen while make NES fans squeee

Don't get me wrong, it isn't the best Metroid around but I loved it and felt nice to not get a awful turtles game that was given some love.

Tesseract

Banned
holy hell, is this shit necessary?

it's an opinion, necessitation ain't a factor

You will share one single pool of coins. That's the purpose of family accounts.

"With such strong opinions, this must surely be a person of great intelligence!" Is that what you think people will say after you express yourself this way? It used to be that when I saw people say "there are no wrong opinions," I told them about racism, homophobia, communism, fascism, and other isms and phobias. Now I've got another thing to tell them about!

strange projection, this

zroid

Banned
Wii U eShop updated as well... Shantae is $22.39 in Canuckistan (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻┻

also there's a free CrunchyRoll app...

jholmes

Wii U eShop updated as well... Shantae is $22.39 in Canuckistan (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻┻

also there's a free CrunchyRoll app...

Well, looks like I'm putting my money where my mouth is and buying a subscription!

daydream

Banned
Didn't know that.

Well shit. The exclusive situation on the eStore sucks if the only exclusives are first party.

And here I thought indie would be the way to save the Wii U.

Games should be available to as many people as possible (the business side of things is a different beast, of course).

Also, quality has never dictated success, unfortunately, like every entertainment market ever has proven.

Totally different games I believe. Going to pick up Toki Tori 2 now, I love the first one in any case.
Really? Even more reason for someone to chime in with their opinion about which games is better. 2 looks a bit more polished at least XD

Edit: Pushmo is Nintendo published. Correct? So slim chance for that to ever get a discount.

What's the opinion of Nano Assault Neo? i didn't consider the Iridion games great shooters, did Shin'en improved the quality in this case?

TheMoon

Didn't know that.

Well shit. The exclusive situation on the eStore sucks if the only exclusives are first party.

And here I thought indie would be the way to save the Wii U.

notsureifserious.gif

it's an opinion, necessitation ain't a factor

It's not about the opinion, it's the attitude that came with it.

Toki Tori 2 is it a lot better thab the first one? It's on sale also.

It's a completely different game.

Really? Even more reason for someone to chime in with their opinion about which games is better. 2 looks a bit more polished at least XD

Edit: Pushmo is Nintendo published. Correct? So slim chance for that to ever get a discount.

What's the opinion of Nano Assault Neo? i didn't consider the Iridion games great shooters, did Shin'en improved the quality in this case?

Where have you been when people kept praising Toki Tori 2 as one of the best games of 2013 last year? :)

maxcriden

You guys probably don't want to know this or care about it (not ragging on y'all at all, this is just the kind of thing that most won't care about), but I found Toki Tori's ending really abhorrent and honestly vile for a game with an art style geared at kids.

Robin64

If you're still waiting for your Facebook code, check your "Other" messages. Mine came from a guy I wasn't friends with, so it went in there with no notification.

Wichu

EU owner here eyeing up Bravely Default as I missed that last year. I'm also probably going to get Attack of the Friday Monsters (I already have Crimson Shroud). Anything else that's a must-buy?

terrisus

You guys probably don't want to know this or care about it (not ragging on y'all at all, this is just the kind of thing that most won't care about), but I found Toki Tori's ending really abhorrent and honestly vile for a game with an art style geared at kids.

That's definitely strange to hear.

The failure to deliver on the promise of a level editor for the Wii U version and the advertising of the Steam version with the feature through Wii U turned me off to the game (as I went on about in another one of these topics), so never really spent any significant amount of time with it.

Would definitely be strange to see an ending like what you describe in a game like this though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh now I gotta see this on YouTube.

Got Duck Hunt and Weapon Shop de Omasse. I might wait a bit on Crimson Shroud since it's been on sale quite a few times.

TheMoon

That's definitely strange to hear.

The failure to deliver on the promise of a level editor for the Wii U version and the advertising of the Steam version with the feature through Wii U turned me off to the game (as I went on about in another one of these topics), so never really spent any significant amount of time with it.

Would definitely be strange to see an ending like what you describe in a game like this though.

I think he means Toki Tori. As in the first one. I don't recall anything "abhorrent" / "vile" in the ending to the second one.

edit: watched on YouTube. Yup, it's about the first game, not the second.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So basically, in Toki Tori 1's ending,
CANNIBALISM, AS HE'S COOKING UP THE EGGS OF HIS BRETHREN!

....haha, wow, that sure was an interesting twist.

Chrom

Just finished compiling everything that went on sale today on the eShop in NA:

[3DS] Aero Porter - $2.99 thru 1/4 (was $4.99)
[3DS] The Amazing Spider-Man - $14.99 thru 1/1 (was $29.99)
[3DS] The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $19.99 thru 1/1 (was $29.99)
[3DS] ATV Wild Ride 3D - $5.49 thru 1/8 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale - $2.99 thru 1/4 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Bomb Monkey - $1.99 thru 1/8 (was $2.99)
[3DS] Bugs vs. Tanks! - $2.99 thru 1/4 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Crimson Shroud - $2.99 thru 1/4 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Demon King Box - $2.79 thru 1/15 (was $3.99)
[3DS] Edge - $1.50 thru 1/8 (was $1.99)
[3DS] escapeVektor - $3.49 thru 1/8 (was $6.99)
[3DS] European Conqueror 3D - $0.99 thru 1/15 (was $3.99)
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven - $9.99 thru 1/4 (was $19.99)
[3DS] The Legend of Korra: A New Era Begins - $19.99 thru 1/1 (was $29.99)
[3DS] LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - $22.49 thru 12/31 (was $29.99)
[3DS] LEGO The Hobbit - $13.99 thru 12/31 (was $19.99)
[3DS] LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey - $10.00 thru 12/31 (was $29.99)
[3DS] The LEGO Movie Videogame - $10.00 thru 12/31 (was $19.99)
[3DS] LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids - $20.99 thru 12/31 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Liberation Maiden - $2.99 thru 1/4 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Moon Chronicles - $6.99 thru 1/8 (was $8.99)
[3DS] Mutant Mudds - $5.99 thru 1/8 (was $8.99)
[3DS] Pure Chess - $3.99 thru 1/1 (was $7.99)
[3DS] SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 thru 1/1 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Quell Reflect - $2.79 thru 1/15 (was $3.99)
[3DS] The Starship Damrey - $2.99 thru 1/4 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $19.99 thru 1/1 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $14.99 thru 1/1 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Weapon Shop de Omasse - $2.99 thru 1/4 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Wipeout Create & Crash - $14.99 thru 1/1 (was $29.99)
[Wii U] The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $24.99 thru 1/1 (was $49.99)
[Wii U] The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition - $19.99 thru 1/1 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Edge - $1.50 thru 1/8 (was $1.99)
[Wii U] Knytt Underground - $6.49 thru 1/1 (was $12.99)
[Wii U] LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - $37.49 thru 12/31 (was $49.99)
[Wii U] LEGO The Hobbit - $20.99 thru 12/31 (was $29.99)
[Wii U] The LEGO Movie Videogame - $15.00 thru 12/31 (was $29.99)
[Wii U] Pure Chess - $3.99 thru 1/1 (was $7.99)
[Wii U] Rock Zombie - $4.99 thru 1/15 (was $6.99)
[Wii U] Rush - $1.50 thru 1/8 (was $1.99)
[Wii U] Stick it to the Man - $4.99 thru 1/1 (was $9.99)
[Wii U] Sword & Soldiers - $1.99 thru 1/8 (was $2.99)
[Wii U] TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition - $4.99 thru 1/8 (was $7.99)
[Wii U] Toki Tori - $1.50 thru 1/8 (was $1.99)
[Wii U] Toki Tori 2+ - $5.99 thru 1/8 (was $14.99)
[Wii U] Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $14.99 thru 1/1 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Trine 2: Director's Cut - $9.99 thru 1/15 (was $19.99)
[Wii U] The Voice - $24.99 thru 1/1 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Wipeout Create & Crash - $19.99 thru 1/1 (was $39.99)

tl;dr: Level-5! Renegade Kid! Two Tribes!

Chrom

If you're still waiting for your Facebook code, check your "Other" messages. Mine came from a guy I wasn't friends with, so it went in there with no notification.

Thanks for the heads up, I never thought to check there. I haven't gotten a message yet, but I'll be sure to keep my eye on there too.

daydream

Banned
So, is CrunchyRoll not available in Europe? Can't find the app on the eShop. Licencing issues?

Also, Spy Chameleon impressions would be appreciated!

Felt like that was pretty effed up for a cute kid's game. ;__;
This is getting a bit confusing.

i have seen various people in the board praising Toki Tori 1 and 2, mostly than not for it's gameplay. Suposedly very well designed and deep.

There are games for all ages with a pretty inocuos art style. But the way Max is painting the game here seems like the target audience is kids?

Other questions:

When Child of Light was discounted what was the price?

Chances for Pushmo to be discounted are pretty slim?

Finally, it is amusing how im been palyed here XD Every time i ask about the Toki games i get shotdown with the same answer: "Different games sir!"

Ok, which ones is more polished or has more deep gameplay or provides better value?

maxcriden

This is getting a bit confusing.

i have seen various people in the board praising Toki Tori 1 and 2, mostly than not for it's gameplay. Suposedly very well designed and deep.

There are games for all ages with a pretty inocuos art style. But the way Max is painting the game here seems like the target audience is kids?

Other questions:

When Child of Light was discounted what was the price?

Chances for Pushmo to be discounted are pretty slim?

Finally, it is amusing how im been palyed here XD Every time i ask about the Toki games i get shotdown with the same answer: "Different games sir!"

Ok, which ones is more polished or has more deep gameplay or provides better value?

The gameplay in both games is pretty complex, for sure. I was impressed with the gameplay although I preferred the level-based design of the first game. It was just the story ending of the first game I found distasteful.

I don't know if Child of Light has been discounted in NA. I was hoping for it to be as I'd like to pick it up ASAP but it's UbiSoft so it's gotta be discounted sooner or later.

Pushmo World has never been on sale IIRC but it's well worth asking price. One of my favorite Wii U games.

Um. You do realize that it's a silly/jokey ending, right?

Yes. I do. It just really put me off. As I said, I don't expect *anybody* to share my opinion! :)

I bought the Hyrule Warriors DLC bundle. Now, I need one more thing to get my last DDP code. Should I get Armillo or Fire Emblem? Either one should give me enough points. I don't see myself playing either one anytime soon, so I am leaning towards Fire Emblem, because it probably won't ever go on sale.

Top Bottom