• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

maxcriden

So NintenGAF, whatcha been playin' lately? I'm finally getting into Crashmo. It's much less inuitive than Pushmo for me, but I like it a lot so far.

TheMoon

The is worth full price, its a great game with a lot of hours you can put in it

Co-signing. Though all I've played of it is multiplayer so far. Even $15 is a steal for that game. Best Ubisoft Wii U game aside from ZombiU, easily.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got G&W Gallery 3 on Thurs. & figured I might as well try Minis on the Move from Club Nintendo (hearing it wasn't Lemmings gameplay had me more interested & the puzzle work nicely when I want a pick-up-&-play game between college classes & homework).

Then next week is 3D Fantasy Zone.

So NintenGAF, whatcha been playin' lately? I'm finally getting into Crashmo. It's much less inuitive than Pushmo for me, but I like it a lot so far.
Just Rayman Legends for now. I'm a little more than halfway through of getting all of the Teensies, but I managed to skip one world somehow. lol I'm really loving it so far aside from the remix music level for the toad (?) world. The static made my eyes bleed and with no check points it was cruel. I kept messing up at the very end too. :( I got it , but it was a lot of dying.

maxcriden

Just Rayman Legends for now. I'm a little more than halfway through of getting all of the Teensies, but I managed to skip one world somehow. lol I'm really loving it so far aside from the remix music level for the toad (?) world. The static made my eyes bleed and with no check points it was cruel. I kept messing up at the very end too. :( I got it , but it was a lot of dying.

Yes, that remix is one of the levels I was ranting about a few pages ago. Hope you didn't get a bad headache from that level like I did. Glad you're enjoying the game otherwise though :)

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) (After being away for so long and so lost to what I was trying to collect I went ahead and restarted my town. Been playing like crazy. The addiction never dies)

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (via 3DS)

Tappingo 2 (3DS)

Donkey Konga 2 (GCN)

Yes, that remix is one of the levels I was ranting about a few pages ago. Hope you didn't get a bad headache from that level like I did. Glad you're enjoying the game otherwise though :)
Oh I did and it turned me into a sailor for a few minutes. Was such a sweet victory when I got it though. It also helped that the next music stage was my favorite and I aced that one on the first go . Now I'm mostly worried about unlocking paintings, I seem to get lums or creatures with the occasional teeny. So I'm hoping to have a flow of paintings pop up soon from those lucky tickets.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Trying to finally finish up Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. After that I have Super Mario Galaxy 2, Punch Out, Metroid Prime. The fiance and I are still playing through Super Mario World 3D. We occasionally throw on some Mario Kart or Game & Wario. For just having gotten my WiiU around Christmas time, I have quickly gotten a large amount of games for it. More so than any other console I've owned for sure.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Got 100% completion in Kirby's Dream Land 2 and finished everything but the challenge times in Captain Toad. Will probably start Star Fox 64 3D since I grabbed that from Club Nintendo, maybe either start up Metroid Prime Trilogy or just play some Smash after I finish up the times in Toad. Might continue my Minish Cap playthrough on 3DS as well.

Ladekabel

Some Shin Megami Tensei IV. Really enjoy it but sometimes I have to rage quit. I always come back a few minutes later though.

The other game is Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories HD. I acknowledge the effort that went into making it 3D but I prefer the GBA. The sprites are just much more charming and I had an better overview in the battles.

maxcriden

Oh I did and it turned me into a sailor for a few minutes. Was such a sweet victory when I got it though. It also helped that the next music stage was my favorite and I aced that one on the first go . Now I'm mostly worried about unlocking paintings, I seem to get lums or creatures with the occasional teeny. So I'm hoping to have a flow of paintings pop up soon from those lucky tickets.

Haha, turning you into a sailor. Yeah, been there :)

I couldn't do the remix of the Eye of the Tiger one at all. Totally destroyed my vision to try it. Did you do the remix? Kudos.

Fingers crossed for a good flow of paintings soon. That system was fun but a bit odd.

Trying to finally finish up Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. After that I have Super Mario Galaxy 2, Punch Out, Metroid Prime. The fiance and I are still playing through Super Mario World 3D. We occasionally throw on some Mario Kart or Game & Wario. For just having gotten my WiiU around Christmas time, I have quickly gotten a large amount of games for it. More so than any other console I've owned for sure.

Nice, you've got quite a slew of good stuff there. You're in for a treat with SMG2. I haven't played the second Layton trilogy much at all yet but I liked the first one a lot.

Got 100% completion in Kirby's Dream Land 2 and finished everything but the challenge times in Captain Toad. Will probably start Star Fox 64 3D since I grabbed that from Club Nintendo, maybe either start up Metroid Prime Trilogy or just play some Smash after I finish up the times in Toad. Might continue my Minish Cap playthrough on 3DS as well.

Is this your first MC playthrough? That game is really wonderful. Never could find the 100th Kinstone Fusion, though. DL2 is super fun, I want to go back and go for 100% on that soon (in the Dream Collection).

Obligatory Haruki Suetsugu artwork:

zmc-link8.jpg

zmc-link9.jpg

zmc-link2.jpg

zmc-link1.jpg

zmc-link-mole-mitts.jpg

zmc-kinstone-trade.jpg

600px-Link_and_Boss_Key.png

More here:

http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_zelda-minish-cap_a.html

and here:

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Category:The_Minish_Cap_Artwork

It's...just...so...friggin'...beautiful :'(

tolkir

TetroBot & Co and Shantae's Pirate Curse.

Highly surprised with Tetrobot. It has some interesting mechanics.
I love this kind of digital titles and they're perfect to play Off-Tv in bed.

Niraj

Is this your first MC playthrough? That game is really wonderful. Never could find the 100th Kinstone Fusion, though. DL2 is super fun, I want to go back and go for 100% on that soon (in the Dream Collection).

Something like 4th or 5th at this point lol. I just happened to remember I never finished a playthrough I started back when the Ambassador titles were given out. And yeah, great art and great game.

BooJoh

Crashmo's puzzles can be really obtuse compared to Pushmo. There were some good concepts there but some puzzles just have so many possibilities that it takes hours to figure out. I still liked it though.

I was getting heavily back into Hyrule Warriors last week, got through a good bit of Legend Mode (
I'm somewhere in the Ganondorf campaign
) and that also got me to pick up OoT 3D again and finish Jabu-Jabu's Belly, which I'm ashamed to admit I had never done before despite owning the N64 cart, both GCN versions and the 3DS version.

But then a few days ago I started playing Guild Wars 2 again, so that'll probably monopolize my time until Friday when the nonstop MH4U binge will begin. GameStop has billed me for my MH4U n3DS preorder... it's so close I can almost taste it.

steveovig

Bought Wordsmith U and Metroid Trilogy. I've put 25 hours into the latter and not even an hour into the former. I also started re-playing Super Metroid. I usually play that on the Pad when my wife wants to use the TV.

I also figure I should replace my 3DS battery finally. I've missed out on G&W3 and Picross 5. Is getting a battery through Nintendo the best method for replacing the battery?

Chopper

I just "completed" Kirby Triple Deluxe. What an incredible game. I don't know what to do now. Maybe buy Shantae.

maxcriden

TetroBot & Co and Shantae's Pirate Curse.

Highly surprised with Tetrobot. It has some interesting mechanics.
I love this kind of digital titles and they're perfect to play Off-Tv in bed.

We've only played a little of this one, but we liked what we played so far. Plan to go back to it for sure, just got sidetracked with other games. I like the fake social media stuff, it's very charming. Nice touch for sure. Definitely seems like the puzzles will becoming increasingly complex.

I got all the figurines… ��

I see people mentioning figurines but I don't remember if I did that sidequest at all. I know I didn't when playing through WW originally.

...and that also got me to pick up OoT 3D again and finish Jabu-Jabu's Belly, which I'm ashamed to admit I had never done before despite owning the N64 cart, both GCN versions and the 3DS version..

Wait, are you saying you...never played through most of OoT? @_@

I just "completed" Kirby Triple Deluxe. What an incredible game. I don't know what to do now. Maybe buy Shantae.

Mass Attack, dude. It's amazing. Canvas Curse is great, too! (Saw your post in the Kirby OT, really glad you dug the game so much!)

maxcriden

You get a piece of heart for getting all the figurines.

I probably didn't get all of the pieces of heart, IIRC. I think at that point trying to get all of the Kinstones felt like a big accomplishment, haha. I was definitely less into doing sidequests in Zelda games then, than I am now. (Unless they were sidequests involving Subrosians. #SubrosiansforZeldaU)

I've never been crazy about the combat in 3D Zeldas, but I'd like to experience the story.

I'm surprised. No offense intended at all, I just figured OoT was the one Zelda most Nintendo fans had played through. I agree the combat in 3D Zeldas isn't always the most exciting, but OoT does have some exciting combat sequences and setpieces, especially in the latter 2/3 of the game (so after Jabu-Jabu's Belly) and the puzzles throughout those same dungeons are really stellar. I will say if you're in it for the story what's there is solid but there isn't a ton, might be less of it than you're hoping for.

Chopper

Mass Attack, dude. It's amazing. Canvas Curse is great, too! (Saw your post in the Kirby OT, really glad you dug the game so much!)
Here's a sad story for you: Due to the impending birth of our first offspring, we've had to clear out a load of stuff from the house. This means that my collection of 180+ DS titles (including an unplayed Mass Attack) was recently boxed up and sent out to the garage.

It's safe, and I'll return to my DS collection one day, but I'm currently on a huge 3DS tip, thanks to my new Ambassador console.

I've been on catch up, and gave recently ploughed through Link Between Worlds, a whole load of Mario Golf, Gunman Clive 2 and Kirby. I have my eye on Dream Team Bros or Yoshi next.

Last week I fiiiiiiiinally was able to finish downloading Pikmin 3 that I was fortunate enough to get from the amazing Mario Kart 8 promotion all of 7 months ago (yeah, it took me 7 months to download a game ;___;) I beat the game two days ago, collected all the fruits in the main game this morning, and in a little while I'm going to get started for real with the Mission Mode, which seems like a lot of fun. Still haven't touched the multiplayer mode but I know I'm gonna have a good time with that as well. It's an amazing game, I had a fantastic time playing it. Now I want to go back and play the other games again.

(Light spoilers about the final boss in Pikmin 3, I guess)
There's a lot of really creepy stuff in these Pikmin games, man. What's with the crazy-ass metallic bosses that keep showing up, spooking the crap out of me? What was the silver looking thing that rode what looked like a road roller over all of my poor Pikmin inside a cave in Pikmin 2? And now this golden freak staring at poor Olimar while he sleeps. Was he the one that made the ship crash (Alph says in the beginning that something fishy was going on)? Did these liquid-metal things disappear all humans and "normal" animals and somehow made batteries last forever in the process? Bunch of creeps.

Speaking of Pikmin 3, maybe someone here can help me with this. Back when DLC for it started coming out, I know some of it was free but I obviously didn't have the game back then. Is there some free stuff available still or was it a New Super Mario Bros 2 kind of deal where it was free only for a little while after coming out? Maybe with the update that I'm supposed to be downloading but is going to take me some time still? What I saw of the DLC back then looked amazing, with new areas and stuff. I hope I can get in on a little bit of that at least.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Played Pokémon Omega Ruby for some hours yesterday. Then I tried playing on my regular 3DS and then I noticed how much I disliked the XL screen so I decided to hold off 3DS games until I get my New 3DS.
Playing Yakuza 4 right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheMoon

Which curve digital games should I buy? On sale right now. Been thinking of Swapper...

Technically, all of them.

Ranked:
Stealth Inc 2
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone (haven't played it myself yet)
Lone Survivor DC (haven't played it myself yet)

Make sure to grab the first two without a doubt.

Ladekabel

Which curve digital games should I buy? On sale right now. Been thinking of Swapper...

I can recommend Thomas was Alone. Neat little puzzle-platformer and Bithell managed to give squares and rectangles a personality. Plus the narrator sounds similiar to Wheatly from Portal 2 though it isn't Stephen Merchant.

Haven't played the others.

GulAtiCa

I love this stuff. Having you in the thread makes us all feel like indie devs, in as much as we're exposed to all the bureaucracy and none of the other stuff.

You don't get sales data until a week after the fact or something, right? I'm curious to know how getting an icon on the front page affects sales.

Well, 3 days later, I can already tell you that demo downloads have exploded in numbers. Prob helps a lot that new graphics are in place as well as being featured, as the daily download demo numbers are currently like 5x+ what they were last week for each day.

Hasn't done too much to help sales yet. Of course, I'm featured for the Demo area, so makes sense that demos exploded in downloads. But, sales this whole time not-on-sale have actually been pretty decent. Helps a lot to be in the eShop exclusives category as well as in the Demo list. So unlike previous not-on-sale times, I have exposure.

Will be interesting to see how sales are when the game goes back on sale for a crazy low price for 2 weeks with the new graphics in place starting this Thursday.

tebunker

Banned
Well, 3 days later, I can already tell you that demo downloads have exploded in numbers. Prob helps a lot that new graphics are in place as well as being featured, as the daily download demo numbers are currently like 5x+ what they were last week for each day.

Hasn't done too much to help sales yet. But, sales this whole time not-on-sale have actually been pretty decent. Helps a lot to be in the eShop exclusives category as well as in the Demo list. So unlike previous not-on-sale times, I have exposure.

Will be interesting to see how sales are when the game goes back on sale for a crazy low price for 2 weeks with the new graphics in place starting this Thursday.

This is pretty good to hear, is it possible for Nintendo to give you a conversion rate? So are they able to show you if X users got the demo, out of those y bought the game? I am sure it's possible but for some reason I just feel like they wouldn't do it for your guys.

I ask because it could really help gauge the effectiveness of the demo. Also I like the idea of releasing the demo a couple of weeks/months after release. It's a good way to get those who never paid a game attention interested.

I am hopeful you end up converting more people. I enjoyed the game a lot. I was lucky to win it in one of them Maxcriden giveaway threads...

Lots of destiny, a little bit of Wii U randomness. I need to get back in to Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta, but Destiny... man... it's like PSO. My wife and I play it together so that's the driving factor, it's soo fun together. I wish Nintendo had paid for a port, because it would be awesome to have the map/inventory/hud on the gamepad, with a clear TV screen.

GulAtiCa

This is pretty good to hear, is it possible for Nintendo to give you a conversion rate? So are they able to show you if X users got the demo, out of those y bought the game? I am sure it's possible but for some reason I just feel like they wouldn't do it for your guys.

I ask because it could really help gauge the effectiveness of the demo. Also I like the idea of releasing the demo a couple of weeks/months after release. It's a good way to get those who never paid a game attention interested.

I am hopeful you end up converting more people. I enjoyed the game a lot. I was lucky to win it in one of them Maxcriden giveaway threads...

I'm sure I could always ask. But right now I see stats separately, so currently can't really tell. What I can say is Demo DLs are 4x total paid DLs. And it reached 1x nearly a week after demo launched. I don't think doing a demo has really helped sales much at all.

However, I have seen a few people via miiverse/etc say they bought the game cause of the demo. So I consider that a positive. Since game been out so long now, I don't really consider the demo hurting sales, since these are people who could have easily bought the game months before at various sales, so not buying now doesn't mean much. Even if it didn't increase sales that much, did lead to better exposure via listed in Demos area as well as actually lead to me being listed in the eShop exclusive area (which has helped sales a lot). So all in all, doing a demo was a good thing.

Fun fact: The demo on eShop has better gameplay/video performance then the actual game. :lol. Essentially the performance upgrades for different versions are like this: ZaciSa 1.2 (in lotcheck now) >>>>>>> Demo >> ZaciSa 1.1

Bryko

I just picked up a $10 eShop card and I'm looking for something to play on a long train ride. Leaning toward Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars right now, but other suggestions are welcome.

GulAtiCa

The Picross e series are a good time waster.

Hazumi & Tappingo 2 are great puzzle games as well. Both are cheap too.

Ohno Odyssey is a good physic-based puzzle game that will keep you busy for hours.

Dee Dee

I finished Cave Story. On easy. I went into the game pretty blind, and given the fact that I am really not good at this kind of game I really enjoyed it. No plans on going for the better ending or trying a higher difficulty yet, but I had fun with it.

Then I finished Weapon Shop de Omasse, at least I did beat the evil Lord on the first encounter difficulty with all the heroes (except of course that one...). I still don't really understand how to make good weapons though. I made three master grade ones, but don't ask me how! The game has great writing for being just a sketch.

Next up on the backlog express train: Last Story. Let's see if I can finish it before it releases on VC!

jholmes

So, here's an interesting tidbit: this post-mortem on Gamasutra on Octodad (which is totally worth a read btw) says "we hope to keep bringing Octodad: Dadliest Catch to new platforms where we are able." Given that the game requires button input (touch input would pretty much be impossible) and it's already on PC, Mac, Linux and PS4, that'd mean there's only a few platforms they could really be considering. If it does make its way to the Wii U, I definitely recommend it! It's a lot of fun, if you can get your head around playing a game not to be good at it but instead for the sake of having a laugh.

Back to Smash Bros. for a bit, actually ripping through the last of the tough challenges. I'll probably give up on it and pick it up again later. Also playing some Space Channel 5 on Steam. It's short but I only just started playing.

Niraj

Then I finished Weapon Shop de Omasse, at least I did beat the evil Lord on the first encounter difficulty with all the heroes (except of course that one...). I still don't really understand how to make good weapons though. I made three master grade ones, but don't ask me how! The game has great writing for being just a sketch.

Next up on the backlog express train: Last Story. Let's see if I can finish it before it releases on VC!

Yeah it's kind of strange, but I think the way weapon making works in that is that the goal is to actually tap the weapon as many times as you can, rather than completing it as fast as possible. It's weird. The ending was kind of a downer too lol.

Hope you enjoy The Last Story :)

Morts

Rayman 3d is a surprisingly good port. Why have I been hearing it's shit for so long? The current $7.50 eShop price is great.

GulAtiCa

Rayman 3d is a surprisingly good port. Why have I been hearing it's shit for so long? The current $7.50 eShop price is great.

I haven't played it. But I hear the DS version, that came out a year after DS launched, is much much better. Which is why you hear bad things about it. But again, I only played the DS version, which I thought was good, and haven't tried the 3DS version.

Morts

I haven't played it. But I hear the DS version, that came out a year after DS launched, is much much better. Which is why you hear bad things about it. But again, I only played the DS version, which I thought was good, and haven't tried the 3DS version.

See, I remember playing that version back in the day and thought it was terrible. Muddy graphics, and no analog control. I have no complaints with the 3DS version so far.

Edit: As an aside, I always thought it was super weird that both the DS and 3DS had ports of Rayman 2 and Chaos Theory shortly after launch.

donny2112

Technically, all of them.

Ranked:
Stealth Inc 2
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone (haven't played it myself yet)
Lone Survivor DC (haven't played it myself yet)

Make sure to grab the first two without a doubt.

Played it on PC, and it's great. Definitely worth picking up somewhere!

Robin64

Taking their time with the PR because they're writing up the fantastic news that Square-Enix are supporting the VC in the west with a big launch this week.

JoeM86

Taking their time with the PR because they're writing up the fantastic news that Square-Enix are supporting the VC in the west with a big launch this week.

I'm hoping for a Pokémon Shuffle date personally. Need to plan out my month, see if I can go to friends birthdays etc.

Robin64

Fixed.. and the first title would be..

46404_front.jpg

Actually been considering making a Krusty's Fun House clone for the Wii U, could be good with the stylus controls. That'd be after my first game is out, mind. (Just need a bit of money now to make that happen.. :( )

Also odd that we have theme news before the PR.

Top Bottom