• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, 32GB MicroSD arrived. Now to take a looonnnggg time transferring the 8-ish GB stuff I have on my old 16GB SD card......

maxcriden

For all of the hard time you guys like to give a certain poster who had many issues with the way NOA handles things, he is a genuinely kind and good guy.

To that end, I just got an email from him with a code for the full game of NSMB2, which he spent his CN codes on for me. That really makes my day. Seriously generous of him.

terrisus

For all of the hard time you guys like to give a certain poster who had many issues with the way NOA handles things, he is a genuinely kind and good guy.

To that end, I just got an email from him with a code for the full game of NSMB2, which he spent his CN codes on for me. That really makes my day. Seriously generous of him.

I don't think he's a horrible person.
I think he has a good amount that he could (and does) contribute.

But, much of what he does is extremely detrimental to my enjoyment of this thread - and I know others have expressed similar things as well.
Which is why if/when he comes back, I'm out again.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Club Nintendo Rewards

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

• Dig Dug (Bandai Namco Games | NES | $4.99)
  • Mappy-Land (Bandai Namco Games | NES | $4.99)
    9yfynyjlihwbni3hpy94y3quna.png
    yhy6m3f78uryzc5pzu-n15suwl.png

Wii U | Sales

• SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $19.99 thru 2/12 (was $39.99)
  • Assassin's Creed III - $14.99 thru 2/16 (was $14.99)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $22.149 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Child of Light - $11.24 thru 2/16 (was $14.99)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom - $4.99 thru 2/16 (was $9.99)
  • ESPN Sports Connection - $12.49 thru 2/16 (was $49.99)
  • Just Dance 2015 - $29.99 thru 2/16 (was $39.99)
  • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth - $14.99 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Rabbids Land - $12.49 thru 2/16 (was $49.99)
  • Rayman Legends - $19.99 thru 2/16 (was $39.99)
  • The Smurfs 2 - $19.99 thru 2/16 (was $39.99)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - $14.99 thru 2/16 (was $19.99)
  • Watch Dogs - $44.99 thru 2/16 (was $59.99)
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 - $12.49 thru 2/16 (was $49.99)
  • ZombiU - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • GetClose - $2.99 thru 2/19 (was $4.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Petz Beach - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Petz Countryside - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Petz Fantasy 3D - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Poptropica: Forgotten Islands - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Rabbids Travel in Time 3D - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Rayman 3D - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Rayman Origins - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Tetris Ultimate - $14.99 thru 2/16 (was $19.99)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
  • Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition - $19.99 thru 2/19 (was $29.99)
  • Moon Chronicles - $4.50 thru 2/26 (was $8.99)
  • Soccer Up 3D - $1.99 thru 2/26 (was $2.99)
  • Soccer Up Online - $2.99 thru 2/26 (was $3.99)

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Sales

• Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Curve Digital) - €8.99/£7.49 (€7.49/£6.49 if you own another Curve Digital game on Wii U. Promotion ends February 19. Regular price €11.99/£9.99)
  • Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clone (Curve Digital) - €9.99/£9.49 (€8.99/£7.99 if you own another Curve Digital game on Wii U. Promotion ends February 19. Regular price €13.99/£12.99)
  • The Swapper (Curve Digital) - €10.99/£8.99 (€9.49/£7.49 if you own another Curve Digital game on Wii U. Promotion ends February 19. Regular price €14.99/£11.99)
  • Thomas Was Alone (Curve Digital) - €5.99/£4.99 (€4.99/£4.49 if you own another Curve Digital game on Wii U. Promotion ends February 19. Regular price €7.99/£6.99)
  • Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends February 26, normally €2.49/£2.29)

• Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Football Up Online (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends February 26, normally €3.99/£3.59)
  • Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends February 26, normally €2.99/£2.69)
  • Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.57 (Ends February 26, normally €2.99/£2.36)

uxwGK.png

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I don't think he's a horrible person.
I think he has a good amount that he could (and does) contribute.

But, much of what he does is extremely detrimental to my enjoyment of this thread - and I know others have expressed similar things as well.
Which is why if/when he comes back, I'm out again.

I'd prefer you put him on ignore instead of completely leaving the thread for good.

GulAtiCa

Aww yeah, ZaciSa's Last Stand the demo displayed on the eShop! Congrats on the front page feature, dude!

Oooo, that's awesome.

I'll be submitting the 2nd patch tonight. Been working on it for 4+ months now. So many new things, features, improvements, miiverse & online leaderboards. Can't wait to finally get this out and have the work finally be done. So many late nights testing and working till 2 am lately.. Every time I think I'm finally done, I find another issue that has to be addressed. Sometimes game development just never ends! haha

daydream

Banned
USK rating paid off, now my game can be rated by them. :)

Honestly, USK process is a lot easier then PEGI ironically. Though, downside is instead off uploading the game trailer/game itself, you have to mail it.

Though, both are really easy. Makes me question now how bigger devs then me with lots of money have trouble with them..

Great, can't wait! So, aside from the extra cost, USK is less of a hassle? That is really interesting, hm.

no point putting anyone in ignore if the ignored gets quoted a lot and the ignoree still sees their posts :p

Yup.

GulAtiCa

Great, can't wait! So, aside from the extra cost, USK is less of a hassle? That is really interesting, hm.
Yeah, but only really cause they make it really simple. You mail them your game on a SD card with paper detailing its name, platform and your info. And then after they get it, they invoice you and then rate it.

Pegi makes you sign up, take a helpful, half hour, tutorial interactive video on them and their service, etc. You submit your game info via online form. Submit 30 minute video and game rom online and after money is received.

USK is easier, only by that its simple. Pegi system is better, just over whelming at first, and gives you updates on when payment was received, when you can expect rating. Etc.

I've heard Usk is bad at communication as well.

Esrb is still the best. Submit 1 minute form, get rating, and they review it after release. Best of all free. :)

foltzie1

I was hoping TTT would be around to sell some eshop codes. Alas, wonder what the last time out was for.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
no point putting anyone in ignore if the ignored gets quoted a lot and the ignoree still sees their posts :p

90% of the posts here are from us regulars, it woukdn't take much to stop quoting the guy as much, I mean the consensus around his NOA related posts is pretty clear, I know I stopped doing that quite a while ago

ohlawd

90% of the posts here are from us regulars, it woukdn't take much to stop quoting the guy as much, I mean the consensus around his NOA related posts is pretty clear, I know I stopped doing that quite a while ago

I know people have dude in their ignore list so I've stopped quoting him as well. would be cool if everyone can follow suit so everyone can have GAF comfortably. cuz that's all we do, we GAF

my ignore list will always remain empty tho. just my principle.

maxcriden

Woo my 64gb card arrived today. Went from 1,726 open slots to 430,886 open slots. Hot damn.

That's awesome. I cannot WAIT to get my 32 GB card tomorrow from Amazon. I should get the back-up ready from my 2 GB tonight.

I was hoping TTT would be around to sell some eshop codes. Alas, wonder what the last time out was for.

I think some peeps are selling them in B/S/T if you check there (then again IIRC you already posted there).

They have Steel Diver : Sub Wars. They're probably never going to make the original Steel Diver available on the eShop.

SubWars is great, but it's not the original Steel Diver. Why do you think they'd never relesse the original one on the eShop?

Protect Me Knight 2 theme, which they said they want to put overseas (probably when the game finally comes over?).

B7RhK1jCQAA0TRt.jpg

Dat OutRun!
Can't wait for that one!

Absolutely do not buy. If you want a Chibi Robo fix, the DS game Park Patrol was localized and isn't too bad, but rather repetitive. Photo Finder is a boring slog of menus, grinding the same 3 mini games and extremely limited "exploration" levels for coins, and using those coins to buy film to photograph everyday objects the 3DS is simply incapable of accurately detecting in almost any lighting condition.

About that... the New3DS' cameras have a far wider range of exposure which improves picture taking by quite a bit. May make the game more tolerable as it should be easier now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yay, 32GB MicroSD arrived. Now to take a looonnnggg time transferring the 8-ish GB stuff I have on my old 16GB SD card......

It took about an hour to do 40 GB on a standard card reader.

It would take me two days to do the internet transfer if I waited for the console to arrive, plus I needed the Micro card anyways and they went on sale last week. Total no brainer there. I think its faster than my 64 GB Transcend as well!

maxcriden

Yeah, no nibbles so far, seems like a sellers market and good for them.

The issue with trying to buy codes from what I can tell is that the sellers are more inclined to buy physical items to re-sell, which are going to be worth a lot more. I think it's worth it to keep reposting your offer till the coins expire, though, since physical items will be increasingly hard to buy on the site as they sell out. :)

Robin64

Saw it before. Looks great, aside from all the drifting and smoke.
Seriously, from the video, it looks like any time you do a turn greater than like 20 degrees, you start slipping and smoke starts pouring out everywhere. That's not enjoyable to me.

Haha, hopefully they tone down the smoke a bit. But he's clearly forcing drifts there, not like you have to turn like that.

Not like that Drift Stage game.. ew.

foltzie1

The issue with trying to buy codes from what I can tell is that the sellers are more inclined to buy physical items to re-sell, which are going to be worth a lot more. I think it's worth it to keep reposting your offer till the coins expire, though, since physical items will be increasingly hard to buy on the site as they sell out. :)

Agreed, and if people are REALLY paying ~$100 for a MM messenger bag more power to the seller.

TheMoon

USK rating paid off, now my game can be rated by them. :)

Honestly, USK process is a lot easier then PEGI ironically. Though, downside is instead off uploading the game trailer/game itself, you have to mail it.

Though, both are really easy. Makes me question now how bigger devs then me with lots of money have trouble with them..

I'm still raging that Ludosity can't get this shit sorted for Ittle Dew. Though I guess it's more expensive if your game's file size is above a certain limit (1.2GB?) which in itself is completely ridiculous (like, how does the filesize affect determining the age rating?!)

Robin64

Not that I don't love Kirby, I do, but did I really need yet ANOTHER fucking Kirby StreetPass puzzle? Come on guys..

GulAtiCa

I'm still raging that Ludosity can't get this shit sorted for Ittle Dew. Though I guess it's more expensive if your game's file size is above a certain limit (1.2GB?) which in itself is completely ridiculous (like, how does the filesize affect determining the age rating?!)

Yeah, filesize pays a huge part in USK rating oddly. DL only game that is less then 450MB(around there) is 300 Euros. Anything above essentially becomes 1200 euros, which is a lot. Really the whole PEGI/USK in Europe is so antiquated. AU becomes worse due to it's small market...

wondering if I should get Rayman Legends :/

It's excellent!

TheMoon

Yeah, filesize pays a huge part in USK rating oddly. DL only game that is less then 450MB(around there) is 300 Euros. Anything above essentially becomes 1200 euros, which is a lot. Really the whole PEGI/USK in Europe is so antiquated. AU becomes worse due to it's small market...

It gets extra weird considering USK wants you to send it in physically anyway. You're not even taking up space and traffic on their server which then would make at least some sense in terms of raised costs. But no, you're also supplying the storage device so the filesize has even less consequence. I think this might have been an antiquated method to separate "big budget" digital-only games from low-budget games which was made with no forethought.

maxcriden

it's fantastic, what are you waiting for breh

Despite any gripes I've made about the game, I think it's still a very good game for the most part. I wouldn't want my issues with the game to put any off of trying it, even if I think Origins is much better on the whole.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In case anyone was worried, 3D Fantasy Zone is coming out next week.
Yeah, that got mentioned a few days ago for EU, but nice to see the US get an official date as well.

I'm still so happy from the fact I won a Sega controller hoodie from partaking in their contest relating to the last 3D Classics, After Burner II. Wonder if they'll do another contest.

TheMoon

Yeah, that got mentioned a few days ago for EU, but nice to see the US get an official date as well.

I'm still so happy from the fact I won a Sega controller hoodie from partaking in their contest relating to the last 3D Classics, After Burner II. Wonder if they'll do another contest.

Oh that was for NA. Nevermind my post then. Though the schedule has always been in sync between NA and PAL.

I was hoping TTT would be around to sell some eshop codes.
Selling? I think that is the last thing that will happen. He temporarily lost his Club Nintendo account for selling Animal crossing posters to a Canadian and set up a sub account with that Canadian address so there no need to pay for shipping (can afford to earn 1000s of coins; can't afford to ship some tubes to Canada :S) and got back the Club Nintendo account (I think one of the sub accounts remained banned or something) after talking to NOA and them clarifying that selling the goods was the reason.

Not that I don't love Kirby, I do, but did I really need yet ANOTHER fucking Kirby StreetPass puzzle? Come on guys..
Don't say those kinds of things. They might take it that they should have just done a Chibi Robo and forgotten about the puzzle since it is so late compared to other regions. Besides it is only 24 pieces.

SerTapTap

About that... the New3DS' cameras have a far wider range of exposure which improves picture taking by quite a bit. May make the game more tolerable as it should be easier now.

I'll have to try that just to finish it I guess. Though recognition failures are the singular most frustrating moments of the game, I still can't recommend it even if the camera worked perfectly. The grind to buy film and the lack of interesting things to do to grind are still the majority of the game and quite poor.

Chopper

Are there any differences between the 3DS and Wii U versions of Shantae. I assume graphical fidelity. But is there any real reason to own both? I plan on buying the 3DS version.

Are there any differences between the 3DS and Wii U versions of Shantae. I assume graphical fidelity. But is there any real reason to own both? I plan on buying the 3DS version.
3DS = GREAT use of 3D (including/disregarding boob depth, depending on taste).

Wii U = HD character portraits.

That's pretty much it, I think, all other graphics are the same (just blown up on Wii U).

Chopper

3DS = GREAT use of 3D (including/disregarding boob depth, depending on taste).

Wii U = HD character portraits.

That's pretty much it, I think, all other graphics are the same (just blown up on Wii U).
(New)3DS version it is then. Cheers for the info.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh that was for NA. Nevermind my post then. Though the schedule has always been in sync between NA and PAL.
Well it was for 3D After Burner II, and I had assumed the same for 3D Fantasy Zone, but now it's confirmed so I'm sure now if EU gets a date first for Outrun, Fantasy Zone II, & Thunder Blade, it'll also be the date for US now.

Also wow, Game & Watch Gallery 3 was the one I think I played the most as a kid, not 2. 3 has a few more unlockable games & I think a few more games that I enjoyed. G&WG2 still had some fun games, but I think it was 3's unlockables that made me prefer that game when I was younger. Having unlockable games to play was a bigger drive for me than "Hey look at these games you CAN'T play!"

jmizzal

My MM DLC for Hyrule Warriors isnt showing up in the game but it said it downloaded, is there something I need to do?

edit
Now its updating after 3 tries

Top Bottom