• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

sörine

Banned
Metroid II has a great atmosphere and a top tier soundtrack. I still love the game even if it's the worst 2D Metroid.

tmarg

I took one of the Zelda keys, thanks a bunch. OG gameboy was the first system I ever owned, and I remember this game being pretty great. Really looking forward to going back to it.

I've never heard of Protect Me Knight, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That's really nice of you sörine. Tried to grab one of the Wario Land II codes but they were both gone.

BooJoh

sörine;151401716 said:
Metroid II has a great atmosphere and a top tier soundtrack. I still love the game even if it's the worst 2D Metroid.

I loved it, and it could use a remake but the biggest faults it has is lack of a map and lack of color combined can make navigating the game a bit of a headache. I felt like I always ended up back in the same big central room.

sörine;151397369 said:
To celebrate Protect Me Knight 2 coming west for 3DS here's some US 3DS eShop codes for some great 8bit games! Quote the post to reveal.
sörine, you're the coolest of cats. I was able to recover two games that are a huge part of my childhood, Zelda and Metroid 2. Thank you so much.

Orgen

Still no news about the VC games for Europe this week?

And even if I can't redeem any code (EU here) nice gesture sörine! But I think people should redeem one code max to spread the goodness to more members! :D (thinking about members that missed this because of time zones and all that).

Bazry

Were we not supposed to get Kirby, Sin & Punishment and Pandora's Tower in February? Theres only 2 weeks left in the month with no Wii release this week

Oh right, there was also Advance Guardian Heroes. Wouldn't mind trying that.
You're not missing out on much. Blocking consumes MP unless it was frame perfect and the game makes a biiig deal about it, but hey on easy mode you have unlimited MP so you can just snipe everything with magic making it pointlessly easy but if you play in normal you run out of MP too soon and no blocking for you.

That is what AGH is like (I told a friend who had played Guardian Heroes and he said that didn't sound right). Plus lots of slowdown. It did have some neat ideas like when you die you can choose to become invincible but unable to progress past the current stage (the idea is you can get used to later waves of enemies).

I'm pleased I didn't pay much for it (well I didn't pay much for any of the Treasure GBA games I own Astro Boy is still the best, especially the European version which I'm told has even more slowdown fixed on top of the fixes the US version got).

sörine;151381085 said:
The Tower SP (Vivarium IP)
This one sure got passed around. In Japan Nintendo published it. But what about Europe? This was 2004 nothing at all :)

As a European, I must wait until October (or whenever the new Nintendo programme starts).

scamander

Banned
As a European, I must wait until October (or whenever the new Nintendo programme starts).

I don't think it will only start after the end of Club Nintendo. It's all speculation of course, but I guess they will launch it worldwide at the same time, without there being a gap between both programs in any market.
If I'm right, 7/1 should be the latest date the new program will launch, since Club Nintendo ends in June in NA.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Seems like this is the closest thing that exists to the Nintendo Europe PR:

http://nintendoeverything.com/this-weeks-european-nintendo-downloads-thus-far/

For whatever reason, Nintendo did not sent out its typical European downloads press release today. We do at least have some insight into what’s coming thanks to listings on the company’s website.

Here’s what we know of thus far:

3DS Retail

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+

3DS Download

Kirby Fighters Deluxe
Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe

Wii U Download

Blek
Red Riding Hood

Wii U Virtual Console

Blaster Master
Mappy Land

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Blek €5.49 / £4.49
Red Riding Hood €0.90 / £0.66

Wii U Virtual Console
Blaster Master €4.99 / £3.49
Mappy-Land €4.99 / £3.49

3DS
IRONFALL Invasion (Free)
IRONFALL Invasion: Campaign and Multiplayer €19.98 / £17.98
IRONFALL Invasion: Campaign €9.99 / £8.99
IRONFALL Invasion: Multiplayer €9.99 / £8.99
The Legend of Zelda™: Majora's Mask 3D €44.99 / £39.99 Free download code for the Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Dire Moon" included with every purchase of The Legend of Zelda™: Majora's Mask 3D from Nintendo eShop.
Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate €44.99 / £39.99 Free download code for the exclusive Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Gore Magala & Seregios" included with every purchase of Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate from Nintendo eShop.
Nintendo Anime Channel
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe €6.99 / £6.29
Kirby Fighters™ Deluxe €6.99 / £6.29
ACE COMBAT™ ASSAULT HORIZON LEGACY + €39.99 / £29.99
Undead Storm Nightmare €4.99 / £3.49
Undead Storm Nightmare Demo
Best of Arcade Games - Air Hockey €9.99 / £8.99
Space Lift Danger Panic! €2.49 / £1.99
Best of Board Games - Chess €9.99 / £8.99
3D Fantasy Zone €4.99 / £3.49

3DS Themes
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +: ACES €0.99 / £0.79 / CHF1.20
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +: ADF-01 €0.99 / £0.79 / CHF1.20
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +: PHOENIX €0.99 / £0.79 / CHF1.20
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter's Seal €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Palicoes 4 Ever €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80
Basic Colour Set (Nintendo) Free
Simple Colour Set (Nintendo) Free
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Dire Moon (Nintendo) €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Gold Edition (Nintendo) €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80

Price Reductions

Wii U

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) €8.49 / £6.99 / CHF9.99 until 12.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games) €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF5.60 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games) €3.99 / £3.99 / CHF4.99 until 26.02.2015, 23:59 UTC.
Knytt Underground™ (Ripstone Publishing) €3.99 / £3.99 / CHF6.00 until 26.02.2015, 23:59 UTC.

3DS

Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Ent.) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 26.02.2015, 23:59 UTC.
Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Ent.) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 26.02.2015, 23:59 UTC.

maxcriden

What ... is ... this ?

Metroid II is the worst Metroid game through Zero Mission and the least Metroid-like game in the series through the same point. You can clear each "level" completely in a turn and never have to back-track. There's no back-tracking, exploratory gameplay in the game, if you're thorough the first time through. Story-wise, it's great and leads into the best Metroid of them all (Super), but Metroid II is the deserved black sheep of the family through Zero Mission.

Thinking about this some more, I think you're not talking about Metroid, the game, as Metroid II fails horribly at trying to reproduce the clear realization of a Metroid game. Are you talking about the idea of a Metroid creature, from the perspective that Metroid II has you going through progressively evolved Metroid eventually getting to the
Metroid Queen
? That I could get behind. Gamewise, no way. Metroid evolution wise, it's a good fit!

sörine;151401716 said:

I really did mean it's probably my favorite Metroid. I understand it's an extreme minority opinion, though, haha. :) I think I prefer it to Super Metroid and even the NES Metroid, the latter of which has a great OST and sense of atmosphere itself. I think the more the Metroid game is...clearer to see what's going on, for me, the less the atmosphere sparks my imagination. So I preferred Super to Prime, as well. A lot of this comes down to my own squeamishness, I'm sure. I just like the sense of isolation the first two games bring, alongside the minimalist environs and portentous tunes.

sörine;151397369 said:
To celebrate Protect Me Knight 2 coming west for 3DS here's some US 3DS eShop codes for some great 8bit games! Quote the post to reveal.

Enjoy and remember to buy PMK2 when it releases. :)

That is so generous of you! Thank you for doing this. :)

BooJoh

Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate €44.99 / £39.99 Free download code for the exclusive Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Gore Magala & Seregios" included with every purchase of Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate from Nintendo eShop.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter's Seal €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Palicoes 4 Ever €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80

So as I suspected, the free theme is a third one. I really hope NA isn't left out, and I especially hope people who bought the MH4U n3DS XL get the theme too.

!!!

M2 and Sega have been far to good to us :)
To be fair a number of download games on the PR this week are rebelling against the ridiculous €5=£4.50 exchange rate (Blaster Master is expected though) but yeah Fantasy Zone is a must buy for me at that price (I was thinking of deferring it as I've got plenty of other games to play).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The best Wii U indie game of 2015 is very close to launch:

https://twitter.com/KnapNokGames/status/565127425240363009

We are SO CLOSE to the launch of Affordable Space Adventures on Wii U! Here's to a final round of in-house testing.

B9e8AKPCMAAVmZO.jpg:orig

Bazry

The Legend of Zelda™: Majora's Mask 3D €44.99 / £39.99 Free download code for the Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Dire Moon" included with every purchase of The Legend of Zelda™: Majora's Mask 3D from Nintendo eShop.

So this should be free for those of us who have bought the MM New 3DS XL with the game pre installed?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Affordable Space Adventures might actually have the best Gamepad implementation yet, both in single player and co-op.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just watched the video. Reminds me of Waking Mars (iOS).

I haven't played it, but looking at the videos of it, visually there is a resemblance. The difference is that Affordable Space Adventures is more puzzle oriented than platformer.

That PR is missing 3D Fantasy Zone, Ironfall and some other crap not worth mentioning.

Undead Storm Nightmare and Space Lift Danger Panic are actually both pretty good.

Undead Storm is G-Style's most content rich game to date (and hell, it's essentially a top down left 4 dead) and Space Lift Danger Panic is good old-school arcade game with 'serious' story and lots of charm (they created Atari-2600 style boxart for the game.)

Both great (and cheap!) I would recommend both of them.

To be fair a number of download games on the PR this week are rebelling against the ridiculous €5=£4.50 exchange rate (Blaster Master is expected though) but yeah Fantasy Zone is a must buy for me at that price (I was thinking of deferring it as I've got plenty of other games to play).

It's about time, let's hope this is the start of an emerging trend rather than some weird anomaly.
Ha I was thinking of putting off Fantasy Zone too with all that's going on this week but not a chance at that price, I'll definitely be getting it straight away!

Glad to see SEGA finally coming on board with Sonic Advance. I really enjoyed the second one. Also hope we get Sonic Battle ^.^

Robin64

Shiiiit. I was set to order a N3DSXL tonight after weighing up if I want bigger screens or faceplates. Bigger screens won.

But before now I didn't realise the XL had a glossy exterior. I can't stand glossy stuff at the best of times, but on a handheld? Yuk.

Now I don't know WHAT TO DO and I need to order tonight. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sonic Advance 2 is probably my favorite, with Advance 3 not far behind (the partner mechanic was kind of cool, but I feel like the game didn't use it to its full advantage). Advance 1 isn't terrible by any means (I'd say it's still good), but it doesn't have the speed of 2 & 3.

I was never a fan of the methods of getting the Chaos Emeralds in these games, though. The CLOSEST was getting 6 in Advance 3, but I never got Super Sonic in any of them. Advance 2 was easily the worst because I couldn't even get ONE. Stupid Star Rings.

Top Bottom