• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

Refyref

Personally, Sonic Advance 1 is my favorite Sonic game. It feels like a sequel to the Genesis/MD Sonic games, kind of like a mix between Sonic 1 and 2. I also feel it handles the platforming side of things better than any of the game. It's a bit easy (at least in the first half) and kind of short, but it does have a lot of replayability.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's coming next week in Japan. No date for the US yet, but I'm sure Sega will release it in the US eventually.

daydream

Banned
Fellow EU peeps should consider getting Spy Chameleon while it's on sale. Fun little gem.

Mappy Land, Blaster Master, 3D Fantasy Zone for me. *Maybe* Iron Fall (need impressions!) and DDDD, as well.

Oh, and I guess I'll try that Anime Channel.

Shiiiit. I was set to order a N3DSXL tonight after weighing up if I want bigger screens or faceplates. Bigger screens won.

But before now I didn't realise the XL had a glossy exterior. I can't stand glossy stuff at the best of times, but on a handheld? Yuk.

Now I don't know WHAT TO DO and I need to order tonight. :(

We've still got space on Team Small, come join us!

daydream

Banned
Shiiiit. I was set to order a N3DSXL tonight after weighing up if I want bigger screens or faceplates. Bigger screens won.

But before now I didn't realise the XL had a glossy exterior. I can't stand glossy stuff at the best of times, but on a handheld? Yuk.

You're not looking at the exterior while playing, are you?

Go big or go home!

wilflare

Team Better PPI welcomes you

Chopper

Get a regular one. I "downgraded" from a regular XL, and the screens look amazing.

SerTapTap

Are they actually glossy? From photos they look like the exact same sort of paint is on the 3DS XL. It's "shiny" to a degree but has none of the problems of a gloss coat.

Robin64

Are they actually glossy? From photos they look like the exact same sort of paint is on the 3DS XL. It's "shiny" to a degree but has none of the problems of a gloss coat.

Seems hard to find pics, but this photo makes it look more than the paint the normal XL has.

new_3ds_xl3.jpg

But maybe it's not quite as glossy as the original 3DS either.

To weigh in on the glossy debate I played with the "new xl" at my local GS last week. It had Majora playing on it. I only had a few complaints about the machine but the biggest issue for me was the glossy finish. It looked terrible. I know to some it's not a big deal but it bothered me enough to wait and see what else comes out later in the year. I may downgrade to the faceplates if NOA brings it here. I'm weird about stuff like that though so YMMV.

JCho133

Seems hard to find pics, but this photo makes it look more than the paint the normal XL has.

But maybe it's not quite as glossy as the original 3DS either.

IGN's unboxings make it pretty clear.

But yeah, it's most definitely glossy.

The difference from the OG 3DS is that the whole system is glossy, like how the DS Lite was, rather than just the top.

The major push factor for me to get a standard n3DS was the fact that it was matte, as I also despise glossy systems, but I'm in NA so I have no choice.

However, I used a display model to play some MM, and it really wasn't that bad. It looks very very nice, and the pattern underneath the gloss hides fingerprints pretty well. It doesn't feel as annoying as I thought it would either.

If you really want those big screens, I say go for it.

But I dunno, if I had the chance at a standard one I would get it, and I don't care about faceplates or color buttons. Just want the portability and matte

JCho133

Developers on twitter. :)

It's no delay though. It never had a release date. They're working on the US release now.

Yikes! Yeah just found it on Twitter a few mins ago. That's a shame, had my wallet primed and ready to go.

Would be nice if we got the demo version without the ability to buy the full content packs

Ondore

Indeed it is. Though isn't the 18th a Wednesday?

Edit: Just checked the newsletter, nothing we didn't know except there's going to be a National Streetpass Weekend in NA (scrambled Nintendo Zones).

JoeM86

Indeed it is. Though isn't the 18th a Wednesday?

Edit: Just checked the newsletter, nothing we didn't know except there's going to be a National Streetpass Weekend in NA (scrambled Nintendo Zones).

That's why I'm unsure about it. Waiting for CoroCoro and the official site update on Friday to see

BooJoh

That's why I'm unsure about it. Waiting for CoroCoro and the official site update on Friday to see

It's in the official NOA newsletter.

TZ6HCiT.png

I see no reason to doubt it. NES Remix came out on a Wednesday, NES Remix 2 on a Friday. It's not unprecedented for NOA to release digital games on non-Thursdays.

JoeM86

TZ6HCiT.png

I see no reason to doubt it. NES Remix came out on a Wednesday, NES Remix 2 on a Friday. It's not unprecedented for NOA to release digital games on non-Thursdays.

Newsletters have seldom been reliable though. I'm just waiting until we have something else say it before I'm 100% on it.

TheMoon

TZ6HCiT.png

NES Remix came out on a Wednesday because it was available immediately after the Direct that announced its existence. Just saying.

GulAtiCa

Oh wow, that was faster then I thought. My game is now rated USK 0. One step closer to Europe release! Only thing left is translations, which I'm currently working on converting my game to a system that can use custom text.

Top Bottom