• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

bobohoro

I might be going crazy, but the price discrepancy between US and EU in terms of Zelda and MH4U is bigger than usual, right?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
zlCfzS_xK8I1MN-uep

Nice goosebumps

CyReN

I recently redeemed a code for Super Mario 64 (from Club Nintendo) on Wii U with the Wii virtual mode thing, it said I needed a classic controller. So I decided to switch to my normal Wii system with GameCube controller but there is nothing about my download for Mario 64 in the Wii history. Is it only available on Wii U now or something? Seems weird why I can't have it on both systems. I would think both systems would have the same game download history. Any help would be awesome.

TheMoon

I recently redeemed a code for Super Mario 64 (from Ub Nintendo) on Wii U with the Wii virtual mode thing, it said I needed a classic controller. So I decided to switch to my normal Wii system with GameCube controller but there is nothing about my download for Mario 64 in the Wii history. Is it only available on Wii U now or something? Seems weird why I can't have it on both systems. I would think both systems would have the same game download history. Any help would be awesome.

Why would your Wii and your Wii U in Wii Mode have the same accounts when the Wii had no accounts to begin with? If you did a system transfer from Wii to Wii U's Wii Mode you know that everything was deleted from your Wii for a reason.

If you cashed in that Mario 64 code on your Wii U's Wii Mode then that's the only place you can play it. Gonna have to shell out for a Wii Classic Controller or one of those third party GCN->pluginto->Wiimote adapters.

CyReN

There is no link between Wii & Wii U. As, there are no accounts on the Wii.

The Wii -> Wii U VC transfer is 1 way.

So I should have redeemed on the Wii first then I'm guessing? Really not familiar with the Wii systems to be honest, helping out my gf and she had some Club Nintendo points to burn.

Talked to Nintendo support, sounded like it was possible to transfer it to the Wii? or was he mistaken?

Thanks for the help btw.

TheMoon

So I should have redeemed on the Wii first then I'm guessing? Really not familiar with the Wii systems to be honest, helping out my gf and she had some Club Nintendo points to burn.

Talked to Nintendo support, sounded like it was possible to transfer it to the Wii? or was he mistaken?

Thanks for the help btw.

Read my post above. You have to redeem it on the machine you want to play it on. You cannot transfer anything back onto a regular Wii.

GulAtiCa

Apparently the author of PING 1.5+ is currently trying get his game out in Europe. He has started a small (very small of $650 goal) crowdfunding to help achieve this.

Just thought I give you all the heads up. I played the game and really liked it and have been recommending it for a while (though 1 downside is the unfair difficulty curve, but patch will fix that)

maxcriden

So, my eShop expert friends, has OOT 3D ever been on sale on the eShop? I see it's going for a good $55+ on eBay cart-only, and thinking about selling it so I can get the digital copy.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So, my eShop expert friends, has OOT 3D ever been on sale on the eShop? I see it's going for a good $55+ on eBay cart-only, and thinking about selling it so I can get the digital copy.

It was on sale one time like a year or two ago when I picked it up

GulAtiCa

I saw it on sale once or twice. But like all Nintendo big games, rarely. I'd expect to not see it on sale till like end of year, if at all.

maxcriden

Fair enough. I probably wouldn't play it for ages and I could just start a new save file. So might as well sell this copy. Thanks guys!

TheMoon

seemingly only once in NA.

Zelda sale

All discounts last until September 11 at midnight UK time

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - £25.99 / €29.99 (was £39.99 / €44.99)

As announced in last week's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo are offering The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time digital download version for Nintendo 3DS™ from Nintendo eShop at a special price of AU$39.95/NZ$59.95/£19.99/€29.99 only for a limited time. This special offer is only available until 21/02/2013.

To celebrate E3, Nintendo has launched a sale for games on the eShop, offering a 30% discount on more than a dozen titles for Wii U and 3DS.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS -- $27.99 (original price: $39.99)

Madao

the japanese eshop had a OoT 3D discount too very recently with the secret sale.

btw, is preloading available for MM 3D?

jholmes

Never even heard of Blek, any impressions?

I got it and I like it quite a bit. It's different but apparently it's 60 levels and I got through 50 in maybe an hour so you're not getting a great value. It's also a bit bare bones -- you launch after the first boot-up and the game just plops you into the puzzle you were on. Maybe after you beat it you get a menu or something, but as I see it now it's a bit stripped down.

With all that said the game concept is neat and you're not going to find that in any other game. Check out the trailer in the eShop. I think it's neat and everyone with any interest in puzzle games should try it. But if you're on a tight budget I can see not dropping $7 on this.

GulAtiCa

I really recommend Knytt Underground if you like physic-based platformers btw. Really run game that should easily last you 5+ hours.

jholmes

I really recommend Knytt Underground if you like physic-based platformers btw. Really run game that should easily last you 5+ hours.

So what's it like? The impression I get is that it's like Cave Story, except where Cave Story would occasionally dip into a remarkably dark plot, Knytt Underground occasionally dips into reams of gratuitous swearing.

GulAtiCa

So what's it like? The impression I get is that it's like Cave Story, except where Cave Story would occasionally dip into a remarkably dark plot, Knytt Underground occasionally dips into reams of gratuitous swearing.

Where cave story is a platformer shooter, Knytt Underground is more of a platformer puzzle like game. One that is slightly self-aware and makes fun of itself. (not really a comedy or antyhing, but makes suttle jokes and doesn't take itself too seriously).

If you've played NightSky on 3DS before, you kinda have a general idea of what it's like. As made by same people (note Nicalis did the 3DS port, while they themselves did the Wii U port). Similar structure, though you play as an actual character that can move on her own, but with similar mechanics. Though unlike a single level type game like NightSky, this is a open-world type game (think Toki Tori 2+) with interconnected world of lots of level screens!

BooJoh

Think Metroidvania except you can climb walls and can't attack except with the rare one-use powerup, so most of the focus is on exploration and avoiding hazards. It's very atmospheric, and while the dialog can be sophomoric, the overarching plot isn't bad. There's a ton of hidden areas and just finding them and clearing the map can be fun, plus there's extra areas with extreme challenges based on grappling, hazards, etc.

If you've played Knytt or Knytt Stories (both free on PC) you know partially what to expect, just with a lot more dialog and mixed with the mechanics of Within a Deep Forest (also free on PC.)

BooJoh

I was playing around with 3D Fantasy Zone today. M2 never fails to impress. This time in addition to button configs, multiple screen options, difficulty settings, and JP+US versions of the game, they've even thrown in a music player and an equalizer for the game's audio.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
NintendoGAF, how EXCITED is everybody for Majora's Mask 3D??? :D
The release date slipped me by almost completely until earlier this week, didn't even preorder it like I normally do. I think this is my most anticipated game this year, have avoided replaying the N64 version in anticipation! Gonna rush to Best Buy right after work to make sure I get a copy!

H2z3VsM.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had to pay a whopping 78
cents
for my Majora's Mask 3D LE on Amazon. & that was AFTER gift cards!

....though part of me wonders if I should play it now or wait a month or so when I have the funds to be able to afford a New 3DS XL.

Top Bottom