• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I got it and I like it quite a bit. It's different but apparently it's 60 levels and I got through 50 in maybe an hour so you're not getting a great value. It's also a bit bare bones -- you launch after the first boot-up and the game just plops you into the puzzle you were on. Maybe after you beat it you get a menu or something, but as I see it now it's a bit stripped down.

With all that said the game concept is neat and you're not going to find that in any other game. Check out the trailer in the eShop. I think it's neat and everyone with any interest in puzzle games should try it. But if you're on a tight budget I can see not dropping $7 on this.

Watched the trailer, it looks pretty neat but I think I'll wait for a price drop.

JoeM86

The new themes are live in Japan :)
B9u78QJIgAEEFrE.png

If you're in Germany, you can get the Dire Moon theme from the Nintendo Zone for free

https://www.nintendo.de/News/2015/F...-Menu-Design-fur-deinen-Handheld--954799.html

Doesn't work if you spoof it though

Alright thanks, got my free Dire Moon Theme from McDonalds, looks nice. :)
I also visited 2 stores because I wanted to check out the new 3DS, but that was quite disappointing. One didn't have any, and the other one (Media Markt) had no display models, promotion, no advertisements and just ~10 new 3DS (no XLs) tucked into some corner next to the normal ones. Weird.
There were tons of old 3DS/XLs though, and I wonder how they'll try to shift those now. I should probably upgrade and sell my old one before an official pricedrop.

daydream

Banned
I know that weird Mario vs. DK double retail pack (DSiWare game + eShop game as DL codes) was mentioned earlier. I also saw this in the store today:

Pretty weird but on the other hand, a lot of people don't ever take a look at the eShop and football is pretty popular + this is the type of game that a lot of people could get into, so it makes some sense.

terrisus

I know that weird Mario vs. DK double retail pack (DSiWare game + eShop game as DL codes) was mentioned earlier. I also saw this in the store today:

81su6q4KzsL._SL1500_.jpg

Pretty weird but on the other hand, a lot of people don't ever take a look at the eShop and football is pretty popular + this is the type of game that a lot of people could get into, so it makes some sense.

Woo! Downloadcode fur!

Remind me what free themes are available on EU 3DS eShop please?
None as they're on the theme shop :p
Right now:
Basic colour set (pack of two: Pink & Green + Blue & Yellow)
Simple colour set (pack of six: Orange, Purple, Sky Blue, Green, Lime Green. Magenta).

In the past. Sonic Boom and The Cast Mario Show.

terrisus

Huzzah!
My wife's actually letting me get a New 3DS XL for Valentine's Day!
(Well, get it today, as a Valentine's Day gift for myself)
(Yes, I know that sounds sad and pathetic that things work like that. But, such is life >.>)

The first store I called was out of them.
The second store, though, had one left!

So, going to pick that up, along with a 64GB MicroSD Card, in a few hours!
Yay!

Frankly, if nothing else, I'm really looking forward to the "snappier system performance" in menus and such.
(Majora's Mask is going to have to wait until next month though >.>)

Robin64

Grr. Was gonna pop out and get a #00 screwdriver after my N3DS arrived, but it only just turned up at 18:20! Now most shops are shut. Wonder if the local supermarket will have one...

Robin64

I have to say, I was extremely skeptical of the whole Super Stable 3D thing. I loved playing with 3D on the original machines, but the slightest bit of movement and it was blurry. And I couldn't ever sit perfectly still. I thought maybe this SS3D thing would work a BIT, like, it might take a moment to register where you are.. but no, it's perfect, instant, and amazing. I'm SOLD.

daydream

Banned
I have the 3D on all the time and I never have any issues with it. I also own Xenoblades already so there's basically no (good) reason to shell out 200 bucks for it..

..well, except for the joy of getting a new handheld which is actually a more substantial reason than it should be, lol.

I think I'd have an easier time sealing the deal if I could just copy everything to the new device instead of having to move it off of my XL.

terrisus

I never used 3D, even before my stroke.

Since my stroke, and the vision issues that I have as a result of the stroke, I'm 100% confident that even the new "eye-tracking" 3D won't work for me.
I'll find out later today, though >.>

RiggyRob

How do you download the Dire Moon theme with a system transferred Majora's Mask New 3DS XL?

We can only see the £1.79 price to buy it.

New 3DS is the real.

I only paid $50 for the upgrade (trade-in old XL plus some birthday cards), so that made it easier.

The "super stable" 3D is sexy as all get (it's so dreamy) and the speakers finally don't suck. The under the hood OS speedups are also nice, but I haven't done too much for that yet. The transfer process was mostly smooth (my dumb iPhone nearly killed it, thankfully it was not an issue). Getting to the Micro SD card was irritating, but that's one and done (and the instructions were pretty clear on it, oops, my bad).

Now to charge it up so I can Game & Watch.

Oh yeah, I had to renew my driver's license on my phone in the store in order to do my 3DS trade-in, since it expired a week ago (and I didn't notice).

That plus my phone killing my first system transfer were appreciated since I was on my (already short) lunch break.

Buying a system released in 2015...
To play games released in the 1980s.
To be fair, most of the NEW games I play are modeled after games from the 80's, so..

terrisus

Oh yeah, I had to renew my driver's license on my phone in the store in order to do my 3DS trade-in, since it expired a week ago (and I didn't notice).

That plus my phone killing my first system transfer were appreciated since I was on my (already short) lunch break.

My state ID expired last December (and the address on it hadn't been current since 2011).
I don't drive though, so it doesn't really matter.

I have a passport card which is still good for a few more years though, so I just use that if I need identification for anything.

To be fair, most of the NEW games I play are modeled after games from the 80's, so..

I'm with you on that too.

GulAtiCa

Fresh from Kickstarter, Cosmochoria is abandoning its planned (and promised) Wii U port. I'm pretty unhappy.

Yeah, I heard Construct 2 has issues and limits on Wii U sadly. Still pretty sucky no matter what. Already heard of other devs moving onto Unity cause of this.

For myself, I'm lucky I'm not using any engine, and just coding custom.

Dee Dee

Fresh from Kickstarter, Cosmochoria is abandoning its planned (and promised) Wii U port. I'm pretty unhappy.

Kinda unhappy too, since I don't want to play it on my crappy laptop, but I would feel bad about a refund. I felt the guy behind the project was pretty upfront and talked about the issue as it popped up a few months ago, with honest intentions of finding a workaround. I will write it off as a failed kickstarter personally, but if he ever does get around to porting it to Wii U he better remember I backed for a Wii U key in the first place.

jholmes

Kinda unhappy too, since I don't want to play it on my crappy laptop, but I would feel bad about a refund. I felt the guy behind the project was pretty upfront and talked about the issue as it popped up a few months ago, with honest intentions of finding a workaround. I will write it off as a failed kickstarter personally, but if he ever does get around to porting it to Wii U he better remember I backed for a Wii U key in the first place.

This is basically how I feel. I have a PC that could run it but this game needed a push to get it to Wii U funding, and that's what I was interested in funding.

I don't really want to say much more because I'm really nonplussed about this.

TheMoon

I have the dd version of MH4 but its themes are priced in the theme shop, 1.99
how can I get the free one?

theme shop is separate from eShop (super dumb). you get a code on your eShop purchase receipt. you enter that in the theme shop. no clue how it works with preinstalled copies. but they do appear in your purchase history so go there and look. put on your detective hat.

BooJoh

theme shop is separate from eShop (super dumb). you get a code on your eShop purchase receipt. you enter that in the theme shop. no clue how it works with preinstalled copies. but they do appear in your purchase history so go there and look. put on your detective hat.

I have the MH4U n3DS and there is no receipt for the preinstalled version. I've contacted support about it but I'm not expecting them to be any help.

Robin64

Yeah, seriously. The magenta is the worst one of the lot. Gonna edit the post to add all the free ones, then people can see how awesome the orange one is.

TheMoon

Or so you think...

It's a secret pleasure button. Had we pressed it more often, we would've gotten Kirby along with everybody else. I also heard if you press the TVii button three times while the GamePad is upside down and then launch a 50Hz VC game it turns into the 60Hz version.

Top Bottom