• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

maxcriden

953878-bowser_s_big_blast.jpg

Haha wow this is such a good reference :)

maxcriden

Man, this thread went fast from "Kirby Fan Club" to "Not worth $20." Bunch of crazy Europeans in here... Don't complain later when Kirby is ignored by NOE! This is one of the best Kirby games, period. You should be hoping it thinks you're worth it for $20.

I dunno how rare it is in EU but here it's $50 and up so $20 is an incredible deal for one of the very best Kirby games. I plan to sell my disc copy and switch to digital as soon as it arrives here.

flowsnake

Man, this thread went fast from "Kirby Fan Club" to "Not worth $20." Bunch of crazy Europeans in here... Don't complain later when Kirby is ignored by NOE! This is one of the best Kirby games, period. You should be hoping it thinks you're worth it for $20.

They might even delay a Kirby game in Europe. Hmm.

You'd do better explaining what's good about this game, to be honest. No interest in co-op.

I totally expect NOE to take from this that Kirby is the problem and not €20.
An excellent game at a price cheaper than what it's going for anywhere. The problem is obviously elsewhere.

I dunno how rare it is in EU but here it's $50 and up so $20 is an incredible deal for one of the very best Kirby games. I plan to sell my disc copy and switch to digital as soon as it arrives here.
I'd sell it now before it hits, just in case the going price falls. You know it's coming for sure, so it's not like you're risking anything.

They might even delay a Kirby game in Europe. Hmm.
You'd do better explaining what's good about this game, to be honest. No interest in co-op.
I'm not sure if I'm interpreting you correctly, but Europe is pretty much the only region that doesn't seem to "get" Kirby. It's no wonder the series is not a priority for NOE and it sucks for the people that love it over there.

As for why the game is so great, it's packed to the brim with content, from regular stages, to bosses, to a crapton of challenges and minigames. It has one of the best soundtracks ever, looks absolutely beautiful, plays like a dream, and has charm up the wazoo. Add to that that it has a "master quest" if you want more challenge, something appreciated on a Kirby game. If you ever had any interest in a traditional Kirby game, this is one of the very top choices, if not the best.
My interest in co-op is practically null, I've had the game for a long time and have only played a couple of stages with my brother despite us living together and sharing the console. It's a nice thing to have for sure, but it definitely doesn't take anything from the main game. If it matters, I haven't played co-op in any New Super Mario Bros, DKC, Rayman, etc, either, so there's that.

flowsnake

Ah thanks. It's nice to have the option to get it cheaply, but I did recently play Triple Deluxe (which is also good), I have a lot to play at the moment, and Metroid Trilogy filled up my storage so it would add more complications.

Rainbow Curse I would play immediately if I could, oh well.

Robin64

I don't buy the argument that it's a good price because people are selling used copies for more because of how rare it is. That's not something I really take into consideration. Especially here where this is the standard price of Wii games, so Sin and Punishment will also be £18.99 but I can get a used copy for £5.

Now, if the game itself is just worth £18.99, that's a whole 'nother matter. And perhaps it is!

Orgen

I don't buy the argument that it's a good price because people are selling used copies for more because of how rare it is. That's not something I really take into consideration. Especially here where this is the standard price of Wii games, so Sin and Punishment will also be £18.99 but I can get a used copy for £5.

Now, if the game itself is just worth £18.99, that's a whole 'nother matter. And perhaps it is!

Not used but new. How much is the Kirby game new in the UK? As I've told you before you can't find it for less tan 40€ here (Spain) and it seems like in other places the situation is similar.

So if you can't find a new copy for 20€ then 20€ becomes a great price (and yes, S&P2 for 20€ is not a good price because there's dozens for 10€ in retail everywhere).

RiggyRob

The thing about Kirby games is that unless there's a specific USP or gimmick, they're kind of samey. What differentiates Kirby's Adventure Wii / Return to Dreamland from Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby's Dream Collection, The Amazing Mirror, or even Kirby's Epic Yarn?

Plus I managed to get Triple Deluxe for £20 a week ago, so my need for a Kirby game has been satisfied for now, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for other people too.

Robin64

Not used but new. How much is the Kirby game new in the UK? As I've told you before you can't find it for less tan 40€ here (Spain) and it seems like in other places the situation is similar.

I haven't seen new Wii games for sale in years over here.

foltzie1

The thing about Kirby games is that unless there's a specific USP or gimmick, they're kind of samey. What differentiates Kirby's Adventure Wii / Return to Dreamland from Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby's Dream Collection, The Amazing Mirror, or even Kirby's Epic Yarn?

Plus I managed to get Triple Deluxe for £20 a week ago, so my need for a Kirby game has been satisfied for now, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for other people too.

This is really fair, a core Kirby is great and it scratches and itch, but it is very standard and there hasnt been much variation over the years, which is why it is good that Nintendo tends to only release one game a console.

Kirby experimental titles are generally a blast, though they can be polarizing. Canvas Curse is one of my favorite DS titles and I'm looking forward to the follow up.

redlemon

Yeah it's really sad, especially because physical copies are also quite rare. Those bi-weekly $15 Etrian sales in the US are a damn tease :(

Has anyone asked NISA why they don't seem to do eu e-shop sales?. They're not shy about discounting vita games on psn. I panicked bought the millennium girl last week despite being only 10 hours into EOIV since the prices seemed to be creeping even higher and e-shop is always full price.

daydream

Banned

Traditional platformer vs. Metroidvania vs. Compilation vs. Collectathon

Out of those, (Nightmare in) Dream Land is the only game comparable to RTDL but, well, it's called "Return to Dream Land" for a reason. Well, in reality they're also completely different design-wise.

SerTapTap

So if you can't find a new copy for 20€ then 20€ becomes a great price (and yes, S&P2 for 20€ is not a good price because there's dozens for 10€ in retail everywhere).

It's $50 USED and $90 new on US amazon right now. The price is great and I hope it comes to the US as well at $20 as it's very easy to recommend at that price, but very hard to recommend when people have to pay new current gen price for a used last gen game.

And as I said in the thread about it, I highly recommend Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Great co op, good minigames too, Extra mode is more of a challenge (but unfortunately can't be played until you beat the game normally), trying to 100% the game will take a fair amount of time. Easily worth $20/regional equivalent. You can have up to 4 local players and other people can play as Kirby, metaknight, DeDeDe or Spear Waddle Dee instead of a more limited helper character.

jmizzal

I'm assuming NA will get DKCR this week, while Europe gets Kirby

Since Kirby WiiU is coming to NA this week and not Europe

and NOA will also start the flow of DKC games

Right
RIght?

foltzie1

I'm assuming NA will get DKCR this week, while Europe gets Kirby

Since Kirby WiiU is coming to NA this week and not Europe

and NOA will also start the flow of DKC games

Right
RIght?

Just sure a releasing MPT meant Zero Mission was coming out

SerTapTap

Oh crap, Kirby is this week. I haven't even started Majora's Mask 3D yet since the new 3DS isn't here yet. I'll just play both and operate one with my feet

Montresor

This might not be the right place but I'm adding some new games to my backlog and I'd like to know how many hours it takes to beat (not 100%) the following games.

For the Layton games I usually only do about 95% of the puzzles. For Virtue's Last Reword I will probably only do two playthroughs max. I loved 999 but I couldn't stomach more than two playthroughs.

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright 3DS
Phoenix Wright 5 3DS
Virtue's Last Reward Vita
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box DS
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future DS
Professor Layton and the Last Specter DS

maxcriden

This might not be the right place but I'm adding some new games to my backlog and I'd like to know how many hours it takes to beat (not 100%) the following games.

For the Layton games I usually only do about 95% of the puzzles. For Virtue's Last Reword I will probably only do two playthroughs max. I loved 999 but I couldn't stomach more than two playthroughs.

Phoenix Wright 5 3DS

On the Layton front, I'd say 20ish hours a piece, maybe a bit more.

Ladekabel

Phoenix Wright 5 3DS

Can't comment on Layton but Phoenix Wright takes about 25 hours if I remember right.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Phoenix Wright 5 3DS

In general, www.howlongtobeat.com can give you an idea of how long games are. The three above I have in my activity log, so:

17:39 (some of the bonus episodes too)
23:42 (including the DLC episode)
14:57 (all puzzles and bonus games, some of London Life, possibly some downloaded puzzles but it's been 3 years)

Hope that helps.

bobohoro

Phoenix Wright 5 3DS

Virtue's Last Reward will probably take you around 30-40 hours for the true end. The multiple paths are way easier to get and less repetitive compared to 999, since you'll not need to play the same puzzles over and over again, so nothing to fear there.

Has anyone asked NISA why they don't seem to do eu e-shop sales?. They're not shy about discounting vita games on psn. I panicked bought the millennium girl last week despite being only 10 hours into EOIV since the prices seemed to be creeping even higher and e-shop is always full price.
The nearest I saw was on the Facebook page about a year ago to which they responded that EOIV wasn't one of their games, they were shot down stood corrected saying they had got that muddled up with SMT IV :(.

But otherwise no and given they decided to make limited editions 70% more expensive overnight by deciding £=$ I think they're happy to milk Europe.

Montresor

On the Layton front, I'd say 20ish hours a piece, maybe a bit more.

Can't comment on Layton but Phoenix Wright takes about 25 hours if I remember right.

In general, www.howlongtobeat.com can give you an idea of how long games are. The three above I have in my activity log, so:

17:39 (some of the bonus episodes too)
23:42 (including the DLC episode)
14:57 (all puzzles and bonus games, some of London Life, possibly some downloaded puzzles but it's been 3 years)

Hope that helps.

Virtue's Last Reward will probably take you around 30-40 hours for the true end. The multiple paths are way easier to get and less repetitive compared to 999, since you'll not need to play the same puzzles over and over again, so nothing to fear there.

Cheers, thanks guys.

eggwolio

I thought the ubisoft sale went through today. I just loaded up on eshop cards to get me some raymans and they're all full price. What gives?

beril

Just got word from my Japanese publisher that Gunman Clive 2 will be released in the JP eShop on March 4 (as Gunman Story 2), and if I recall correctly it'll be 300 jpy.

Ladekabel

Bought a 32GB and was overwhelmed by how much free space I have now coming from a 4GB. Bought both Gunman Clive games. And I wanted to get rid of my backlog...

Has anyone a recommendation for a sub 4€, short game?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think this article about indies on Wii U and 3ds at IndieCade East 2015 is an interesting read.

Some tidbits about Affordable Space Adventures:

Ostensibly a puzzle title, it’s incredibly atmospheric and uses the Wii U Gamepad in the way you wish more titles would. While the triggers and analog sticks controls your ship’s movement, lights and scanners, the vast majority of the ship’s systems are controlled via the touchscreen of the Gamepad.
It was soon obvious how well it worked as it attracted a crowd of players all offering their advice on how to advance in the game and remarking at how . I don’t remember many demos where after handing over the controller the player would stay and chat with the next person in line, but that’s just what happened. Absolutely can’t wait to see more of this one, as it’s exactly the kind of game the Wii U needs.

GulAtiCa

Damn. Looks like my patch submitted to lotcheck failed. Generally simple things, so will resubmit in a few days. At least this means the Europe version submission will be smoother now that I know these possible issues. Actually, thanks to the current sale, my game has passed another milestone. :)

Just got word from my Japanese publisher that Gunman Clive 2 will be released in the JP eShop on March 4 (as Gunman Story 2), and if I recall correctly it'll be 300 jpy.

That's pretty sweet!

jholmes

So this game called Paparazzi hit the Wii U eShop today. The only reason I have any clue what it is is because I read the PS4 release list. I don't know if it's any good because the only Miiverse post is some jackass bragging that he's "First!"

So this game called Paparazzi hit the Wii U eShop today. The only reason I have any clue what it is is because I read the PS4 release list. I don't know if it's any good because the only Miiverse post is some jackass bragging that he's "First!"

Seems to be a 2 local multiplayer game in which one player controls the camera and tries to take photos of the celebrity. There's a single player mode , but it looks not as much fun compare to the multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMWAjAfdtE ( launch trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kScHaC6A0ic ( single player mode)

SerTapTap

Something about this whole Majora's Mask 3DS thing is cursed. My Collector's Edition guide is delayed, Game Stop's shipment of an MM N3DS got left in the freezing cold without ringing the doorbell (it sat overnight, I THINK it should be fine), meanwhile Best Buy's MM N3DS was sent in a friggin padded envelope as if it were a plastic game case and not a $200 console. Hopefully when I get home both are working fine. Selling one at cost to a friend if neither is damaged.

Anyone else having issues with the MM3D collector's edition/hardcover guide? I've never had Amazon tell me extreme weather/natural disaster is preventing a shipment before...

Anyone else having issues with the MM3D collector's edition/hardcover guide? I've never had Amazon tell me extreme weather/natural disaster is preventing a shipment before...

It's not the same , but my game hasn't even shipped yet from Amazon. I wonder if all things MM are just cursed.

maxcriden

Upcoming Wii DL games for Japan - Zangeki no Reginleiv (today), Pandora's Tower (March 4) and Sin & Punishment 2 (March 25)

Next week's JP Wii U eShop releases - Axelay (SF VC, 823), Shadow Land (FC VC, 514) and Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Douchuu (MSX VC, 823)

Next week's JP 3DS eShop releases - Mercenaries Saga 2 (500 yen), Comic Workshop 2 (1000), League of Heroes (600)

(via GoNintendo)

Top Bottom