• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

Full Japanese releases next week

2/25
3DS
Mercenaries Saga 2 (Ride On)- 500 yen
Comic Workshop 2 (Collavier) 1000 yen
League of Heroes (Teyon) - 600 yen

Wii U
Axelay (Konami) (SFC) - 823 yen
Yokai Dochuki (Bandai Namco) (FC) - 514 yen
Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Douchuu (Konami)(MSX)- 823 yen

2/26
3DS
Doraemon Kanji Battle(Shogakukan) - 4937 yen
Kindra no Corda 3: Voice Special (Koei Tecmo) - 5554 yen

Also these pages for 3 games opened up. All 3 are free to download and are out now
Yakuman Houou 3DS / Wii U
Udeziman (TOMY)
Pokemon Shuffle

Also next week in the US we're getting (both on the 3DS)
Titan Attacks - $9..99
Best of Casual Games - $24.99

Robin64

Apparently Pokémon Shuffle should be up today in Europe as it's up in Australia right now.

Not hearing good things about it though.. :\

Edit: It's up in Europe now.

zlCfzTBTEcM-L3iFbb

Upcoming Wii DL games for Japan - Zangeki no Reginleiv (today), Pandora's Tower (March 4) and Sin & Punishment 2 (March 25)
Kind of important thing that is easy to overlook:
Japan didn't get 50% off the first 3 games, only DKCR (and 30% off at that). They are getting 50% 30% off these three though.

In other words 50% off a discount for first week might be be dead yet.

maxcriden

Kind of important thing that is easy to overlook:
Japan didn't get 50% off the first 3 games, only DKCR (and 30% off at that). They are getting 50% 30% off these three though.

In other words 50% off a discount for first week might be be dead yet.

You mean might *not* be dead, right? :)

SerTapTap

30% day one discount is still great IMO. 50% was nuts.

Liking MM3D, the new 3DS analog nub is horrible though. Any downloadable games that will/do make use of the extra features/CPU yet? So far the improved but hardly perfect 3D and the smarter button/LED positions are my favorite parts. Can't tell if the battery is improved (it's a minor bump, right?)

Is it confirmed that Metroid Prime Trilogy/3 have better load times from Virtual console? I still have'nt taken that for a spin yet, at $10 I was just like why not...

Apparently Pokémon Shuffle should be up today in Europe as it's up in Australia right now.

Not hearing good things about it though.. :\

A twitter search for "pokemon shuffle microtransactions" is...enlightening. Not even going to give it the grace of a download when it hits the US

Kinda weird Pokemon Shuffle went live on the store today.
It's the first non-Direct day that I can remember where something new has appeared.

Hava there been any other times that I'm forgetting?

TheMoon

30% day one discount is still great IMO. 50% was nuts.

Liking MM3D, the new 3DS analog nub is horrible though. Any downloadable games that will/do make use of the extra features/CPU yet? So far the improved but hardly perfect 3D and the smarter button/LED positions are my favorite parts. Can't tell if the battery is improved (it's a minor bump, right?)

Is it confirmed that Metroid Prime Trilogy/3 have better load times from Virtual console? I still have'nt taken that for a spin yet, at $10 I was just like why not...

All Circle Pad Pro games support the C-Stick by default. Go look up which ones those are. It's a google search away.

Yes, MPT has much improved load times in the download version.

Nairume

Banned
So now that Regenleiv is up for download in Japan, has anybody confirmed the gamepad support?

If it's not there yet, maybe that means it will be a systemwide patch and not just something added per game?

TheMoon

Er, I should have clarified: confirmed that it's already working.

While I can't read Japanese, I doubt they'd advertise it like this already. Also, why would they not release the required firmware update already when they're putting out the games that use it.

PSA: Pokemon Shuffle is now up in the US.

OUCH, takes 30 minutes to regain one heart/play.
My worse fears are true. This thing is unplayable to me due to my lack of pateince.

I wish they would just let me buy the full game , but I know they want to sucker people into paying to speed up time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a "Unlimited Play" option for like $10 so you can feel like you're buying an actual game. Sony did that for one of their F2P games, which was MUCH more luck-based, so it was greatly appreciated.

Why not play Trozei/Link Battle instead?
Oh I bought that day one and put about 80 hours into it. I wouldn't mind more, but to my understanding this one works a little different so I was looking forward to trying it. i just really hate waiting limits and I consider 30mins drastic.

Ladekabel

PSA: Pokemon Shuffle is now up in the US.

OUCH, takes 30 minutes to regain one heart/play.

Really 30 minutes for one heart? I thought it takes half an hour to regain the full 5 hearts. But I don't know how many hearts I used when I ended it the first time.

And just checked on prices for the DS version of Dragon Quest V. Ouch. Nintendo, DS VC on 3DS or Wii U. When?

Do we have an idea yet of what the Wii U VC title might be tomorrow? Been waiting to upgrade my copy of Axelay since EU got it at least a month ago.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really 30 minutes for one heart? I thought it takes half an hour to regain the full 5 hearts. But I don't know how many hearts I used when I ended it the first time.
I just had it run 30 minutes. ONE HEART.

So that's 2 hours & 30 minutes you'd have to wait to regain all 5 of your hearts back.

Do we have an idea yet of what the Wii U VC title might be tomorrow? Been waiting to upgrade my copy of Axelay since EU got it at least a month ago.
WELL GUESS WHEN AXELAY'S HITTING THE US!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
roughly how much time do you get to play per heart?
Just did stage 10, against a Mega Pokemon. About a minute. & that was the LONGEST I've had a game happen. It's usually about half that.

Oh cool, the battle gave me another jewel that I can use to buy 5 more hearts.

RiggyRob

Pokemon Shuffle's a decent game, The Pokemon Company obviously has a bit more free reign in how far it can push the limits of Nintendo's stance against customer-gouging microtransactions, so people are going to be shocked since it's the first time this has really happened. Plus as has been mentioned, every so often you'll get jewels that let you buy more hearts through playing the game anyway.

As long as you're not trying to blast through everything in one day, it's fine - it's more of a pick-up-and-play-when-the-mood-takes-you kind of game.

jmizzal

Pokemon Shuffle is 3DS only?

When the heck is the WiiU gonna get Pokemon love, its only like 1 game on the system, Pokemon rumble

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I should post the prices for the jewels:

1 jewel: $0.99
6 jewels: $4.99
12 jewels: $8.99
35 jewels: $24.99
75 jewels: $47.99

Interestingly, there's an option to enter a download code.

Ondore

Pokemon Shuffle is 3DS only?

When the heck is the WiiU gonna get Pokemon love, its only like 1 game on the system, Pokemon rumble

Pokken's coming, I'd expect an announcement sometime this summer. (Not necessarily E3, but like... EVO or something.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can see them offering free gem codes once in a blue moon or using a special code to unlock a stage/ special pokemon
Possibly/hopefully. Actually, once you beat level 11, you unlock the ability to "check in", which is basically SpotPass & right now, there's a three-week event where you can try & capture Mew. You also get....500 coins, I think, when you check in for the first time.

Hmm, there's also something about "passcodes" you can enter. & there's 158 Pokemon to "capture" (not counting Mew).

jmizzal

Pokken's coming, I'd expect an announcement sometime this summer. (Not necessarily E3, but like... EVO or something.)

Yes i'm looking forward to that game

You would thing Nintendo would put out one of there best selling franchises on one of their worst selling systems to help push sales

Robin64

Pokemon Shuffle's heart regen thing is kind of fine. I was annoyed at first, but the way it is right now, it lets you have a little burst every couple of hours, for free. Just do it as part of your daily StreetPass clearing or whatever but don't look to play it as a "main game" like Majora or something.

Zeeman

Ugh, tried to catch Mew, beat it on my last move, and wasted a Great Ball because it only gave me a 20% chance of catching it. I wish they'd explained that mechanic better.

e: Caught it on my next try with a 10% chance, so I feel better

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pokemon Shuffle's heart regen thing is kind of fine. I was annoyed at first, but the way it is right now, it lets you have a little burst every couple of hours, for free. Just do it as part of your daily StreetPass clearing or whatever but don't look to play it as a "main game" like Majora or something.
Exactly. This will actually be nice on Tuesday & Thursdays because of how many classes I have, so after my morning one, I'll have 4 hearts back, then maybe 2 after another class, then 3 or 4 again after my 3rd/final class of the day.

Now hopefully I can actually Streetpass people playing this.

This also reminds me I got MM3D today (figurine is rather nice considering it was only $10). Probably should switch out Persona Q despite the fact I need to finish that (stupid Inaba floor 4).

donny2112

So now that Regenleiv is up for download in Japan, has anybody confirmed the gamepad support?

If it's not there yet, maybe that means it will be a systemwide patch and not just something added per game?

Wait. Reginleiv was playable with the Classic Controller? Thought it was a Motion+ only title.

Top Bottom