• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

Tizoc

tHANKS for the info guys, might pick it up along with LoZ A link between worlds (hey I've been waiting for that damn game to go on sale forever!)

Ranodm observation but I noticed GAME have download codes for Iron Fall Invasion:
http://www.game.co.uk/en/iron-fall-invasion-full-game-370735
Not really interested at the kind of price but in theory that would allow me to obtain the game without creating an NNID, They also have single player and multiplayer only SKU which make me wonder if it is a special SKU of the game instead (like how NSMB2 is handled) so say if you purchased the single player version you couldn't then buy the multiplayer DLC.

TheMoon

Ranodm observation but I noticed GAME have download codes for Iron Fall Invasion:
http://www.game.co.uk/en/iron-fall-invasion-full-game-370735
Not really interested at the kind of price but in theory that would allow me to obtain the game without creating an NNID, They also have single player and multiplayer only SKU which make me wonder if it is a special SKU of the game instead (like how NSMB2 is handled) so say if you purchased the single player version you couldn't then buy the multiplayer DLC.

But you know you're also buying single and multiplayer separately from inside the game, right? You can buy both separate and in a complete pack, just like what GAME is offering.

TheMoon

Woah hey, $2 Wii U charging cradle and stand! If you're using a Wii U without this... I just feel sorry for you. Highly recommend. Never plug in a power cable manually again.

I have two of them. When they were dumping their mass stock for €2 here mid 2013 I bought an extra one because I love the convenience of having a stand for it anywhere in the house lol.

My nearby Toys R Us is selling them for €1 even ...I might buy a third one just as a back up :D

Chrom

Games by Cypronia apparently went on sale today in NA:

[3DS] Angry Bunnies - $3.99 thru 3/31 (was $8.99)
[3DS] Bubble Pop World - $1.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Color Zen - $2.79 thru 3/31 (was $3.99)
[3DS] Color Zen Kids - $1.79 thru 3/31 (was $3.99)
[3DS] Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey - $3.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)
[3DS] My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $1.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)
[Wii U] Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $3.99 thru 3/31 (was $8.99)
[Wii U] Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $1.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)
[Wii U] Color Zen - $2.79 thru 3/31 (was $3.99)
[Wii U] Color Zen Kids - $1.79 thru 3/31 (was $3.99)
[Wii U] My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $1.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)

foltzie1

Games by Cypronia apparently went on sale today in NA:

[3DS] Angry Bunnies - $3.99 thru 3/31 (was $8.99)
[3DS] Bubble Pop World - $1.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Color Zen - $2.79 thru 3/31 (was $3.99)
[3DS] Color Zen Kids - $1.79 thru 3/31 (was $3.99)
[3DS] Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey - $3.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)
[3DS] My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $1.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)
[Wii U] Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $3.99 thru 3/31 (was $8.99)
[Wii U] Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $1.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)
[Wii U] Color Zen - $2.79 thru 3/31 (was $3.99)
[Wii U] Color Zen Kids - $1.79 thru 3/31 (was $3.99)
[Wii U] My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $1.99 thru 3/31 (was $4.99)

Are any of these of anything resembling good.

GulAtiCa

I've heard good things about Color Zen. Kinda similar to Liight for WiiWare if you played it. If you haven't played Liight for WiiWare and have 500 points, go buy it now! So much fun.

I've only played a little of Color Zen, and seems pretty decent so far.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Woah hey, $2 Wii U charging cradle and stand! If you're using a Wii U without this... I just feel sorry for you. Highly recommend. Never plug in a power cable manually again.

With the limited battery life on the gamepad, I couldn't use my only charging cable for the stand - I needed it available to plug in while playing.

I just got the extended battery though so I can hopefully start using the stand and stop cluttering the living room with cables.

SerTapTap

Is the cover art case coming loose a common problem on Wii U games? I don't think I've ever seen this before but my Kirby and the Rainbow Curse came like this (shipped by Best Buy). The top 1/3rd of this edge is compeltely detached and the cover art is slightly wrinkled

IMG_20150220_194249.jpg

Going to have to take it in and hope they replace the case, also that they take it after having opened it (damage wasn't visible before removing the shrink wrap)

BTW, protip: Play Rainbow Curse with headphones, such great music. Even comes across right over the gamepad IF you use headphones. I kinda get the complaints about not being able to look at the TV, but it's not like this game would be possible any other way

With the limited battery life on the gamepad, I couldn't use my only charging cable for the stand - I needed it available to plug in while playing.

I just got the extended battery though so I can hopefully start using the stand and stop cluttering the living room with cables.

If you leave it in the stand when not playing you should almost never run out mid-playing--especially with the extended battery

terrisus

Going to have to take it in and hope they replace the case, also that they take it after having opened it (damage wasn't visible before removing the shrink wrap)

If you're just doing a straight exchange it shouldn't be an issue. Just that they'll open the shrinkwrap in store so it can't later be returned as new.

SerTapTap

If you're just doing a straight exchange it shouldn't be an issue. Just that they'll open the shrinkwrap in store so it can't later be returned as new.

Ah, clever. Should be fine then, all I want is a fixed case really. I asked 'em online if they can replace JUST the case but nah I gotta go in store and hope they have stock. Glad this is a new game, stock shouldn't be a problem

tolkir

So Nintendo-GAF what is everyone playing?

Currently playing Kirby. Man, this is fun. And so nice to look at!

Persona 4 Golden. A little dissapointed with it.
Maybe because it's first time playing a JRPG without go on an adventure. So many little things to do but without depth.
English dub doesn't help to immerse inside a Japanese town.

I got Kirby in today. I already did the first world and a good bit of the challenges I already had unlocked. Going to finish up the second world today and call it a day for this. I don't want to blow through this cute adventure too fast.

Tizoc

Yes, 3DX is great, though IMO Return to Dreamland is better due to co op, a better Extra mode, minigames that are fun with friends.

The following are 2D platformers:
Dream Land 1, 2, 3
Kirby's Adventure
Super Star (and Ultra)
Kirby 64
Squeak Squad
Amazing Mirror
Kirby's Return to Dreamland (called Kirby's Adventure Wii for some bizarre reason in europe)
Kirby Triple Deluxe

And Canvas Curse/Rainbow Curse are most certainly not minigame collections. I'm not sure any Kirby game has really been a collection of minigames. There's just games that are more experimental, Canvas Curse is a full length fully featured Kirby game.

Wait what about Epic Yarn? Is that not a platformer =X

Ladekabel

Still Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories HD. Between those two I squeeze five minutes of Pokemon Shuffle every now and then.

Close to finish CoM. Currently playing the Riku SP and it is so much more fun than Sora's.

And I enjoy Shin Megami Tensei IV but it just doesn't grab me as much as Persona 4: Golden did. Sometimes an hour or two but sadly not every evening...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Kirby as well, though I didn't play at all yesterday. Going to try to put some time into that today hopefully. Also been playing Pokemon Shuffle here and there, and got a copy of the DS Rhythm Heaven I'll start at some point. Want to work on the medals on Star Fox 64 3D too.

Chrom

Mostly Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with some Pokémon Shuffle here and there. I know the latter has gotten a lot of hate due its microtransactions, but as a game, I find it to be very fun.

GWX

I thought about buying Kirby, but I'm gonna wait for now. I don't know, the lack of power stealing from the original killed my hype a bit :(

I'm playing a whole bunch of games currently. Working my way through Metroid Prime's end game, looking forward to start Echoes; solving the very last puzzles of Captain Toad; Still playing Bayonetta 2, never going to get bored of it; playing Viewtiful Joe for the first time on the Cube, it's fucking awesome; bought Majora's Mask yesterday, will start it pretty soon; some eShop games as well, such as Shantae and the Pirate Curse and Stick to the Man. There may be some others I forgot to mention, and there's also some Vita games (mainly Rogue Legacy and Tearaway). I like to play multiple games like this, I never get bored of any of them!

Fantasy Zone, Hyrule Warriors and a bit of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

I've reach the final stage of Fantasy Zone but this will take some practice to complete as it seems the round select doesn't quite reach far enough and it is much longer than the main stage. I'm trying to get the unlocks though so attempts are not really wasted.

Hyrule Warriors I'm doing the Majora's Mask map now. I opened up Ikana Canyon but I'm not sure if it worth venturing into as great bay area is giving me a lot of problems. I probably won't one cycle the map.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call is random songs but mostly the new DLC ones.

terrisus

I'm playing the "Looking at screenshots of Pillars of Eternity, dreading the 1+ month wait until it comes out, and trying to figure out ways to get $25 to get into the Beta" game >.>

Top Bottom