• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

also

Banned
Are there any good Picross games on 3DS eShop?

E: I don't like Mario Picross because I hate games that give me a time limit and also tell me when I put a wrong mark on.

Don't buy Picross e1 and e2 then because they will automatically penalize you whenever you make a mistake in the easy and normal modes. You can turn this off in e3 and the later sequels.
None of the ePicross game have a time limit, though they do time how long you take solve each puzzle and if it takes you more than 1 hour (is such a thing even possible?) the final picture will be in black and white instead of in color.

steveovig

No, buy all five but start with 5 or 4 since they have the most bang. All the rest are damn good too, and don't forget the DS cart version.

foltzie1

Don't buy Picross e1 and e2 then because they will automatically penalize you whenever you make a mistake in the easy and normal modes. You can turn this off in e3 and the later sequels.
None of the ePicross game have a time limit, though they do time how long you take solve each puzzle and if it takes you more than 1 hour (is such a thing even possible?) the final picture will be in black and white instead of in color.

What is wrong with being penalized if you make a mistake?

also

Banned
What is wrong with being penalized if you make a mistake?
Each time the game ''penalizes'' you it also gives you a hint and I don't want that. It's especially frustrating when you accidentally fill the wrong square.

EDIT: Beaten by YianGaruga.

Looks like the updated version of Woah Dave, Woah Dave Deluxe, from Choice Provisions is not only coming to the 3DS but they're also doing a Wii U version.

GulAtiCa

Now that my game's sale is now over, the results overall have been very interesting. Thought I would post some stats, as others times I've done this people liked it. Thanks to the sale, I can directly see how other games are currently doing. All data below is about download numbers.

13 day sale ($0.69) = A
5 weeks (from early Jan till early last week) = B
7 week sale at end of 2014 ($1.49) = C
Launch period, 7 weeks ($2.99) = D
Current Quarter (Jan-March) = Q1

A >>>> Any other period (sale period or otherwise)
B = largest avg per-day non-sale period. Added to the eShop Exclusives list helped a lot
A = 2 * C; C = 2nd largest DL period.
A > 3 * D
A > Q3; A = Just under Q4; Q1 = biggest period

Looks like the the eShop graphics have really paid off (Thanks again Camjo-Z!). That and people really love games that barely cost anything. Heck, game actually briefly entered the Top 20 (non-VC) list. That excited me to no end.

terrisus

I still really need to sift through those things and turn them into something a bit more concrete.
(I know, I said that last time too >.>)

Thanks =)

jholmes

Looks like the updated version of Woah Dave, Woah Dave Deluxe, from Choice Provisions is not only coming to the 3DS but they're also doing a Wii U version.

Geez they are just throwing good money after bad at that thing. I'm glad they're so proud of their game but gee whiz. I guess if they keep flogging it I'll have no choice but to play it eventually.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Geez they are just throwing good money after bad at that thing. I'm glad they're so proud of their game but gee whiz. I guess if they keep flogging it I'll have no choice but to play it eventually.

There's almost nothing to the game, but I'll probably end up buying every version(on sale) at some point just to support these guys for creating some of my favourite games of all time.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I like those guys but Woah Dave was kind of... um.

is the Deluxe version going to be a free update on 3DS or a new title?

Yeah, Whoa Dave is.. not good.

It's most my regretted 3DS purchase, and it was only a dollar.

I get what they were going for, but I have to wonder if they actually PLAYED any of the old arcade games they were mimicking, or did they design the game around pictures of old arcade games?

-3DS update is free
- Two new levels, each of which will challenge even the best Woah Dave! players to rethink their strategy
- New characters in the form of:
– Adoma (of Destructamundo fame)!
– Jr. Melchkin (of BIT.TRIP fame)!
– CommandgirlVideo (of BIT.TRIP fame)!
– Mr. Robotube (of Robotube Games fame)!
– BlokTom (of Bloktonik fame)!
– Plus a new, hidden character. Find them if you can!
* Boss battles!
* New enemy types!
* Rideable UFOs!
* A “Classic Mode” for all those Woah Dave! purists who would prefer their game remain unchanged!
* Maybe a few additional Easter eggs…!

From gonintendo

wilflare

is there anyway to make the 3DS auto-update the different games
or at least remote queue them so you can just boot the game to install

it's crazy to just go thru each game to see if they have an update.

---

can we make the 3DS leave an icon for each physical game you played? or does it leave no record?

-3DS update is free
- Two new levels, each of which will challenge even the best Woah Dave! players to rethink their strategy
- New characters in the form of:
– Adoma (of Destructamundo fame)!
– Jr. Melchkin (of BIT.TRIP fame)!
– CommandgirlVideo (of BIT.TRIP fame)!
– Mr. Robotube (of Robotube Games fame)!
– BlokTom (of Bloktonik fame)!
– Plus a new, hidden character. Find them if you can!
* Boss battles!
* New enemy types!
* Rideable UFOs!
* A “Classic Mode” for all those Woah Dave! purists who would prefer their game remain unchanged!
* Maybe a few additional Easter eggs…!
Cool. I am willing to give the game a second chance.

BooJoh

Yeah, Whoa Dave is.. not good.

It's most my regretted 3DS purchase, and it was only a dollar.

I get what they were going for, but I have to wonder if they actually PLAYED any of the old arcade games they were mimicking, or did they design the game around pictures of old arcade games?

Kind of how I feel. Like, if I didn't know Choice Provisions were a renamed Gaijin Games, I would actively avoid buying anything from them ever again and write them off as a terrible shovelware dev because Whoa Dave just felt like they made a game, potentially realized it wasn't fun, then released it anyway.

But with them throwing more money at expanding it, I can't help but wonder, do they realize it's not fun and want to fix that, or (more likely judging by the features list) do they think it's an already good game with waning sales so they want to breathe fresh life into it with a content patch?

Then again, looking at the eShop ratings for it, either it's more liked than we think, or the ratings are skewed because it takes far less than an hour to decide if you don't want to play the game any more.

jholmes

Cool. I am willing to give the game a second chance.

Then again, looking at the eShop ratings for it, either it's more liked than we think, or the ratings are skewed because it takes far less than an hour to decide if you don't want to play the game any more.

Damn it guys, if I play it and like it, what the hell am I going to make fun of for cheap laughs in this thread? Percy's Predicament? Flavoured Cats?! Forget that!

Edit: Wanted to give you peeps a heads up as I'm giving some Steam games away here. Not eShop stuff of course but what do you do!

I've actually really enjoyed Woah Dave on the 3DS as it is, its a fun old school platformer thats fun to play for a couple of minutes here and there. Once I figured out the gameplay it has a nice risk and reward play with the more powerful you let the monsters become the higher the score you can get. For how little it was to buy I think its a great little game, just don't go in expecting something you can play for hours at a time.

Should be said though I really enjoy alot of old school single screen platformers like Mario Bros, Tumblepop, Rodland, Snow Bros and Bubble Bobble

TheMoon

is there anyway to make the 3DS auto-update the different games
or at least remote queue them so you can just boot the game to install

it's crazy to just go thru each game to see if they have an update.

---

can we make the 3DS leave an icon for each physical game you played? or does it leave no record?

No & no.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Thank you for this info - I will definitely bypass e1 and e2!

And regarding the length of puzzles, I have a book of miserably hard Picross puzzles that have taken me multiple hours to solve, but I can't imagine an electronic game would have puzzles of this level, haha.

maxcriden

eta: nevermind. :'(

Weird issue with Nintendo's press site for me. I was on the phone and just copy/pasting but it turns out this was last week's press. Sorry all.

Chrom

The Donkey Kong Country SNES trilogy, Super Mario RPG, Metroid: Zero Mission, and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are all obviously coming out today, explaining the delay in the PR.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
IRONFALL Invasion - IRONFALL Invasion is a thrilling third-person shooter with single-player campaign and multiplayer modes. Equipped with an arsenal of destructive weapons, take cover and repel an invasion of alien robots. Play for free or purchase DLC starting today in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Titan Attacks! - The Titans are invading! Single-handedly turn back the invading Titan army, drive back the aliens across the Solar System and finally defeat them on their home world. Click here to view a trailer for this modern remix of classic arcade shoot-'em-ups.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
Donkey Kong Land - Making a bet with Cranky Kong is never wise. In this Game Boy adventure, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong must set off on another adventure to retrieve their banana hoard from the evil K. Rool's clutches. Swing, roll, jump and barrel blast through four worlds that are swarming with returning and original enemies.

Donkey Kong Land 2 - K. Rool has kidnapped Donkey Kong and he's demanding the entire banana hoard as ransom! In this Game Boy classic, play as either Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong and take advantage of their unique abilities in more than 40 levels of nonstop platforming action. Keep an eye out for some friendly faces (and some shiny collectibles) to help you out.

Donkey Kong Land III - Dixie Kong has been left behind to babysit her younger cousin, Kiddy Kong. But that won't stop her from seeking adventure in this Game Boy game. Help Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong through 36 Kremling-infested levels, each containing secret areas, bonus levels and collectibles. Maybe they'll even find the entrance to the hidden Lost World!

Virtual Console on Wii U
Donkey Kong Country - Armed with chest-pounding muscle, mighty barrel rolls and awesome vine-swinging skills, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong set out to face K. Rool and his reptilian crew of Kremlings in this Super NES masterpiece! Play solo, compete with a friend or play cooperatively with a friend in more than 100 levels filled with collectibles and hidden bonus areas. With the help of Donkey Kong's quirky family, animal friends and your fast reflexes, our dynamic duo will prove to be an unstoppable force.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Donkey Kong has been kidnapped and taken to Crocodile Isle. Only Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong can save the day. In this Super NES sequel to the Donkey Kong Country game, play solo, compete with a friend or tag team with a friend in eight exciting worlds filled with wacky characters, collectable items and secret bonus areas.

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble - Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have gone missing! In this Super NES adventure, play as Dixie Kong or Kiddy Kong solo, against a friend or with a friend. Take advantage of each of their unique abilities as they throw each other into action through more than 40 levels.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Buy one or more participating Donkey Kong games for the Virtual Console service on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and get 30 percent off your Nintendo eShop purchase of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo 3DS). This offer lasts until March 3 at 8:59 a.m. PT. The same Nintendo Network ID must be linked to your Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems, as well as your Nintendo eShop account prior to purchase in order to be eligible for the discount. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more information.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade, Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues and more games from Cypronia are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
TNT Racers is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 5.
Toon Tanks is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 12.

3D MahJongg and more games from JoinDot are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 13.
Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) from Feb. 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 5.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
NES: Donkey Kong
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter's Seal - Available Feb. 28
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Palicoes 4 Ever - Available Feb. 28

Price reduction:

Beginning at 9 a.m. PT on March 1, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom and more games from Little Orbit will receive permanent price reductions.
Van Helsing Sniper Zx100 will be reduced to $2.99 (from $6.66) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 26.

Also new this week:
GravBlocks+ (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Around the World in 80 Days (DSiWare on Nintendo DSi; Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

wilflare

okay guys.
are the following games rare?

Etrian Odyessy Untold
Rune Factory 4
Code of Princess
Tales of Abyss
Starfox 3D
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Ocarina of Time

these are still sealed games in my collection - wondering which to open to extract the Club Nintendo PIN or which to just buy off eShop (thinking of the Atlus ones for eShop since they often go on sale) - any thoughts?

terrisus

Wait... WHAT?!?!?!?!
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽

Zeeman

okay guys.

Etrian Odyessy Untold
Rune Factory 4
Code of Princess
Tales of Abyss
Starfox 3D
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Ocarina of Time

these are still sealed games in my collection - wondering which to open to extract the Club Nintendo PIN or which to just buy off eShop (thinking of the Atlus ones for eShop since they often go on sale) - any thoughts?

Starfox 3D is notoriously difficult to find these days. Not sure about the other ones.

daydream

Banned
okay guys.

Etrian Odyessy Untold
Rune Factory 4
Code of Princess
Tales of Abyss
Starfox 3D
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Ocarina of Time

I think Star Fox and OOT are the only rare ones in the US. The others are still easily available (ToA was rare but got reprinted, iirc).

Not to make anyone feel bad but I got Star Fox for like 15 bucks, lol. PAL copies still seem way less expensive than their US counterparts.

zroid

Banned
Buy one or more participating Donkey Kong games for the Virtual Console service on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and get 30 percent off your Nintendo eShop purchase of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo 3DS). This offer lasts until March 3 at 8:59 a.m. PT. The same Nintendo Network ID must be linked to your Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems, as well as your Nintendo eShop account prior to purchase in order to be eligible for the discount. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more information.

wait so does this mean there's finally interaction allowed between Wii U and 3DS in NA?

Or is it saying you need to buy the DKL games to get 30% off DKCR3D, and the DKC games to get 30% off DKCTF

Top Bottom