• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

wilflare

I think Star Fox and OOT are the only rare ones in the US. The others are still easily available (ToA was rare but got reprinted, iirc).

Not to make anyone feel bad but I got Star Fox for like 15 bucks, lol. PAL copies still seem way less expensive than their US counterparts.

hmm so should I keep them sealed? lol

any thoughts on the Atlus ones? was thinking if Code of Princess should be sold off - and I'll get the eShop game... it's a B-List title?

tumblr_n0jadpJ6mz1rezdhvo1_500.gif

daydream

Banned
hmm so should I keep them sealed? lol

any thoughts on the Atlus ones? was thinking if Code of Princess should be sold off - and I'll get the eShop game... it's a B-List title?

I say keep them sealed for now (unless you want to play them, of course).

The prices of Atlus games in the US aren't as bad as they can get in the EU so not sure what to tell you there. Code of Princess is definitely not worth thinking too much about, however. :p

wilflare

I say keep them sealed for now (unless you want to play them, of course).

The prices of Atlus games in the US aren't as bad as they can get in the EU so not sure what to tell you there. Code of Princess is definitely not worth thinking too much about, however. :p

lol why did I think it was a good game :/ sigh
haha got it free with GCs I think.

what about Rune Factory 4? lol

i should list all my 3DS games some day and decide which to sell...

time to hunt for eShop credit

daydream

Banned
lol why did I think it was a good game :/ sigh
haha got it free with GCs I think.

what about Rune Factory 4? lol

i should list all my 3DS games some day and decide which to sell...

time to hunt for eShop credit

Ah, Code of Princess is alright, don't get me wrong. It's basically a new Guardian Heroes, for better or worse. It's quite cheap at the moment, though, and the game isn't super new or anything so I doubt the price will go up anytime soon.

BooJoh

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Buy one or more participating Donkey Kong games for the Virtual Console service on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and get 30 percent off your Nintendo eShop purchase of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo 3DS). This offer lasts until March 3 at 8:59 a.m. PT. The same Nintendo Network ID must be linked to your Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems, as well as your Nintendo eShop account prior to purchase in order to be eligible for the discount. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more information.

Got excited until I realized it wasn't a deal on the VC games, but a deal on the games I already own.

IRONFALL Invasion - Will download, probably won't buy any content. Not into shooters.
Titan Attacks! - Maybe. Leaning yes.

Donkey Kong Land - Maybe? The GB ones are so janky.
Donkey Kong Land 2 - Ditto
Donkey Kong Land III - Ditto

Donkey Kong Country - Yes yes yes
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Yes
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble - Yes

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter's Seal - Yes
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Palicoes 4 Ever - Yes

I'm glad they gave us these themes, though I wish they'd give us the third one too. Odd that they don't hit til Saturday apparently.

I guess they gave us DKC this week because of... Tipping Stars next week? Seems odd but this is NOA. Maybe they'll announce a new F-Zero tomorrow.

Boogiepop

Awesome! Was sure they were setting up for another one of those "look at all these awesome VC games coming out this Summer" "events" like they've done by massively holding stuff back before.

daydream

Banned
Re: Titan Attacks

I played it on Vita. First playthrough, I got to the final boss twice (so, 2 x 100 stages) and got bored on the third cycle. So yeah, game is quite easy and after you get to the end, the stages just repeat and you just go through them again while keeping your upgrades.

Only fired it up once after that to get a trophy and that was that.

Definitely a fun arcade experience for one or two playthroughs (since you most likely won't be fully upgraded after the first) but lack of variation once the stages start repeating really breaks the game in the long (or even middle) run. And for a highscore game, it takes too long to get going, so yeah. Unfortunate that they didn't go the extra mile to nail that balance.

donny2112

Will eventually get DKL I, II, and III, but probably not the DKC games. Also unfortunate that the discount is for the new-gen DKC games, because I really do not like at all the ridiculous level of difficulty Retro has taken the new DKC games to. Coming from someone who 10x%'d every OG DKC game and even mostly liked DK64, their new "kill you every chance we get while you pour 40 lives to clearing this horribly controlling barrel rocket level" games have been a massive disappointment for me. :(

Oh, well. Really glad to see the DKL games, at least. Always glad to see more GB/GBC VC on the 3DS! :D

BooJoh

I played it on Vita. First playthrough, I got to the final boss twice (so, 2 x 100 stages) and got bored on the third cycle. So yeah, game is quite easy and after you get to the end, the stages just repeat and you just go through them again while keeping your upgrades.

Definitely a fun arcade experience for one or two playthroughs (since you most likely won't be fully upgraded after the first) but lack of variation once the stages start repeating really breaks the game in the long (or even middle) run. And for a highscore game, it takes too long to get going, so yeah. Unfortunate that they didn't go the extra mile to nail that balance.

As a fan of Space Invaders, this seems like the closest I'll get on 3DS for the time being. And let's be honest, most actual Space Invaders titles are rather light on content too. I've played this on Steam and if they added 3D then that'll increase my inclination to get it, but I'll admit the price is a bit steep for anyone who isn't chomping at the bit for a Space Invaders game on 3DS like I am.

daydream

Banned
As a fan of Space Invaders, this seems like the closest I'll get on 3DS for the time being. And let's be honest, most actual Space Invaders titles are rather light on content too. I've played this on Steam and if they added 3D then that'll increase my inclination to get it, but I'll admit the price is a bit steep for anyone who isn't chomping at the bit for a Space Invaders game on 3DS like I am.

Sure, just letting you know what you're in for. I'm always craving for more arcade experiences myself.

Though I do have to say, at the end of the day, I'd much rather bust out Space Invaders Extreme 1 or 2 again instead.

TheMoon

yay, now everyone can focus on Zero Mission again!

glad this period is finally over lol.

now everyone buy ALL OF THEM!

I wonder if the only reason for all 3 DKC games at once is so that the DKC TF conditional sale lasts for less time...

Then again when you remove those games form this week it is fairly bleak so a good time to drop those titles there (assuming they release VC games at odd times to avoid stealing the spotlight).

TheMoon

You can totally tell they sorta wanted this for the 1-year DKCTF anniversary but had to wait an extra week because of Kirby lol.

Nairume

Banned
I wonder if the only reason for all 3 DKC games at once is so that the DKC TF conditional sale lasts for less time...

Then again when you remove those games form this week it is fairly bleak so a good time to drop those titles there (assuming they release VC games at odd times to avoid stealing the spotlight).
Think that's basically confirmed at this point.

maxcriden

YOU DID IT MAX

YASSSSS

Hi New Thread!

I'm going to get DKC complaining out of my system and per TheMoon's sage advice I'm not going to mention it for the rest of the month (unless of course we actually get it this month!), after this post.

So, NOA. Please bring the DKC games to the Wii U eShop. I wanna play them. Especially DKC2 and 3. I want to play those most.

Less this:

More this:

it worked!! Now I'll never complain again!

:D

G0523

Fucking finally! I knew the DKC games would come out in February! It just had to be two days before the month actually ended. Lol. Totally downloading the Country games when I get home.

Also, does this mean that the DKC games are reinstated on the Wii Shop Channel as well?

Zeeman

sörine;153770909 said:
I'm moving on to Mario RPG, Tetris Attack and Sim City. Finish up SNES, then focus on GBA.

I want Mario RPG because I have it on Wii, but want to upgrade it before playing it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, all 3 DKC games AND DK Land games on one day?

Kind of tempted by the DK Land games since I never played those, but I've played the DKC games already.

Chrom

Unaccounted sales:

[3DS] 3D MahJongg - $3.99 thru 3/13 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Gardenscapes - $5.99 thru 3/13 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Jewel Match 3 - $5.99 thru 3/13 (was $6.99)
[3DS] Secret Agent Files: Miami - $4.99 thru 3/13 (was $7.99)

Also, does this mean that the DKC games are reinstated on the Wii Shop Channel as well?

I'm about to check on this right now, give me a moment.

G0523

All three Donkey Kong Country games have been relisted on the Wii Shop Channel in North America.

Woo hoo! I still have so many Wii Points left too. But at the same time, I want to play them on the Wii U GamePad. Decisions, decisions...

BooJoh

In case anyone's wondering, I can confirm that after buying DKC 1-3 on Wii U but not any of the DKLs, DKCR 3D is indeed showing as discounted on the 3DS eShop, so the promotion works cross-platform.

If you've got Wii Points already, use them on the Wii and then upgrade them for $1.50 on Wii U.

That would be like buying them for $9.50 each unless the Wii points would go unused otherwise.

zroid

Banned
In case anyone's wondering, I can confirm that after buying DKC 1-3 on Wii U but not any of the DKLs, DKCR 3D is indeed showing as discounted on the 3DS eShop, so the promotion works cross-platform.

about friggin time, NoA! now maybe we'll get some cross-buy finally.

TheMoon

Well Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars next week is cross-buy, but I think they implied it would use codes.

They didn't imply that, they straight up said that. Tipping Stars uses codes in all regions. No automatic cross-buy. They made a point of it to say you will be able to give one code away if you want.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo | $34.99 until 03/03, then $49.99) *if you owns a VC DKC or DKL game*
  • TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games | $4.99 until 03/05, then $7.99)
  • Toon Tanks (Petite Games | $1.49 until 03/12, then $1.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• IronFall Invasion (Vd-Dev | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo | $20.99 until 03/03, then $29.99) *if you owns a VC DKC or DKL game*
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB | $3.99 until 03/05, then $7.99)
  • 3D MahJongg - $3.99 thru 3/13 (was $4.99)
  • Gardenscapes - $5.99 thru 3/13 (was $7.99)
  • Jewel Match 3 - $5.99 thru 3/13 (was $6.99)
  • Secret Agent Files: Miami - $4.99 thru 3/13 (was $7.99)
  • Van Helsing sniper Zx100 (EnjoyUp Games | $2.99 Permanent, was $6.66)

vYU92.png

• SDK Paint (HullBreach Studios | €4.49 | £3.99)
    TM_WiiUDS_SDKPaint_search_thumb.jpg

• Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo)
    Boss Pack (€2.99 | £2.69)

• Cybernator (Konami | SNES *US Version* | €7.99 | £5.49)
  • Pac-Attack (Bandai Namco Games | SNES *US Version* | €7.99 | £5.49)
    TM_WiiUVC_Cybernator_search_thumb.jpg
    TM_WiiUVC_PacAttack_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games) €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF 5.60 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Aqua Moto Racing 3 €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF 5.59 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Beyblade Evolution (Rising Star Games) €7.99 / £7.99 / CHF 11.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • BIT.TRIP SAGA (Rising Star Games) €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Girl's Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games) €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (Rising Star Games) €11.99 / £11.99 / CHF 15.50 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Virtue's Last Reward €9.99 / £7.99 / CHF 12.50 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Super Black Bass 3D €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games) €9.99 / £8.99 / CHF 14.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Hometown Story (Rising Star Games) €14.99 / £14.99 / CHF 19.45 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 3D Game Collection (Joindots) €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until 12.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Funfair Party Games €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until 12.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Gardenscapes (Joindots) €5.99 / £4.49 / CHF 5.99 until 12.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 12.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Monster Combine TD €2.65 / £2.13 / CHF 3.75 until 12.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Safari Quest (Joindots) €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 12.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 2 Fast 4 Gnomz (QubicGames) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 19.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Brutus & Futée © (Microids) €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF 2.49 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst® (MSL) €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Hidden Expedition® Titanic (MSL) €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF 5.60 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Mystery Case Files Dire Grove €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • 4 Elements €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Jewel Quest 4 Heritage €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Jewel Quest The Sapphire Dragon (MSL) €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Jewel Quest Mysteries 3 - The Seventh Gate €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Luxor €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Mystery Case Files Return to Ravenhearst €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Secret Mysteries in London €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • Azada €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.
  • VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 (3DS) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 Permanent

uxwGK.png

• Zelda Musou <Hyrule Warriors> (Koei Tecmo)
    Boss Pack (¥500)

flowsnake

I wonder if they made it easier, because that was not my experience on PC at all. I must have played it dozens of times and never come close to finishing it. My playtime (maybe inaccurate) on Steam is 5 hours.

Maybe I'm just that bad, but that's really odd.

Top Bottom