• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pandora's Tower was confirmed for Japan, I think, so hopefully that's a sign the US will get it as well.

No More Heroes 1 & 2 getting a re-release would be rather cool.

TheMoon

Maybe we'll get pandora's tower?

I have the last story and Xenoblade. Might as well complete the trifecta.

I also found T v C in GameStop near me for 20 bucks heh

Pandora's Tower is a first party game. Nintendo owns it, doesn't matter if XSEED published it. Though of course they might be still involved with NA rereleases, though. Still remains a first-party game. So it's definitely on the table for NA while already being confirmed for JP/PAL.

Pandora's Tower was confirmed for Japan, I think, so hopefully that's a sign the US will get it as well.

Japan and Europe/AU

tolkir

Opinions about possible February banner.
and ideas. :p

sinttulobtu8v.png

jholmes

OK Max, I checked and BPU is available in Canada, while Frederic is still not.

Speaking of bad decisions, this week's Humble Bundle has Nihilumbra in it, so if you were going to buy it for full price on Wii U in a month or so, you can instead get it, along with Spy Chameleon and some other game, for $1.

Whyyyyy do companies keep doing this?

maxcriden

Speaking of bad decisions, this week's Humble Bundle has Nihilumbra in it, so if you were going to buy it for full price on Wii U in a month or so, you can instead get it, along with Spy Chameleon and some other game, for $1.

Oh, that is really unfortunate. As terry likes to say, rightly so, low Steam sales have really done a terrible thing in undervaluing indie and even non-indie games across the board.

Anyway, thanks for checking; I'll see if I can find out about Frederic for you. :)

The ever continuing race to the bottom is harming developers and indie.

Price it at a fair market price and allow the advertising/word of mouth to sell units.

GulAtiCa

Add a bigger space between the words, still looks odd way too close.

Can you install directly to the external USB device? It doesn't give me an option.

You mean External HDD? Or do you mean a USB thumb drive? No, you can't use a thumb drive. Not supported really. (you can prob get one working, but chances are it will screw you up)

donny2112

No, you can't use a thumb drive. Not supported really. (you can prob get one working, but chances are it will screw you up)

I'm installing MPT there (SD Card with USB adapter), and moving over some not used larger (500M or more) games over to it. Plan on unplugging it (after turning off the system) when not in use. What's the problem with it?

GulAtiCa

I'm installing MPT there (SD Card with USB adapter), and moving over some not used larger (500M or more) games over to it. Plan on unplugging it (after turning off the system) when not in use. What's the problem with it?
I just heard there are issues. I think a few people here lost their DLs this way and all their saves before.

But, I've never tried it. I've just used a regular HDD.

GulAtiCa

I was more thinking of something like this. The words need to be not close, in yours still way too close. But below should be good.

wnWUj.png

I like this one too. I altered the hue. :p
ECP.png

daydream

Banned
I like 1 the best.

Although these threads would be named 'NintenDownloads' if I had a say in it so I may be biased against the extra space.

Kirby and Link look chopped up in 3 which is another minus.

daydream

Banned
I can see we are quickly reaching a consensus, lol.

just make an executive decision tolkir

also screw you dodongo!

maxcriden

I like 1 the best.

Although these threads would be named 'NintenDownloads' if I had a say in it so I may be biased against the extra space.

Kirby and Link look chopped up in 3 which is another minus.

I like the name change idea a lot; my only concern would be that it would make it harder for people to search for the thread.

Speaking of the title, would anyone be interested in doing catchy/funny subtitles every month? (if tolkir wanted to, I have no idea how he feels about this idea)

--

As for my vote, I like #2 the best, though I think the letters would look even better with a black outline/border. :) Looks great either way though!

tolkir

I like the name change idea a lot; my only concern would be that it would make it harder for people to search for the thread.

Speaking of the title, would anyone be interested in doing catchy/funny subtitles every month? (if tolkir wanted to, I have no idea how he feels about this idea)

--

As for my vote, I like #2 the best, though I think the letters would look even better with a black outline/border. :) Looks great either way though!

Subtitle is too mainstream.
If you look the community tab, our thread is the fastest to find. :)

maxcriden

Subtitle is too mainstream.
If you look the community tab, our thread is the fastest to find. :)

It's probably just end of work week tiredness, but I don't think I understand what you mean by either statement, sorry :)

(Unless I misunderstand, isn't being too mainstream at odds with being fastest to find? I'm probably totally misunderstanding, though.)

--

KRC for $35:

Via GoNintendo.com, if you purchase KRC on NewEgg, you can get it for $35 with the coupon code "EMCAKPA54":

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190423&Tpk=N82E16878190423

Ondore

Nintendo Downloads February 2015 - NA Is Not On Like Donkey Kong

Nintendo Downloads February 2015 - Praying For Good Club Nintendo Rewards

tolkir

Ok, after 10 hours and 4 freezing bugs (last one with 40 min of lost progress), I am going to stop to play Citizens of Earth (Wii U version).
Maybe I resume on summer when I have more free time.

Recently completed Gunman Clive 2, Circle of Moon turn.

Does someone recommend Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures for €9.99 to 3D platform lovers?

jholmes

I'm debating doing this myself. The whole issue with USB sticks is games write and rewrite so often they wear them out, but the Wii games are basically just ISO files, so I don't think that would apply.

Yeah, even with that, I still ran out of room there as well, based mostly just downloading other people's stuff...

We probably are familiar with each other's games from back in the day! I had two games win Nintendo's monthly contests myself.

terrisus

3 > 2 > 1

Also don't change the thread title.
I can't even count how many people can't find the Tech Support thread, because it doesn't come up when searching for "Tech," "Support," or even "TechSupport"
(TechSupportGAF)

m0t0k1

Does someone recommend Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures for €9.99 to 3D platform lovers?

I can't say anything about the wii u version since i played a bit on my cousins xbox. It really is mediocre at best. Don't really like the pacman design but that comes down to taste, but what ruins it for me is the camera. It tracks slowly so if you turned around a corner it will take the camera another 2 seconds to follow you behind the corner. or if you attack ghost facing the camera it won't turn and the pacing is also really slow. While i haven't completed the game just had about an hour with it so i can't judge the full game. In the end i don't think its worth the 9,99 to be honest.

edit: I like design 3 the best.

Chrom

I would also like to say that I like 3 the most. Please use that! I'm personally not opposed to the subtitle idea myself either.

terrisus

Random: I just discovered/realized that Tolkir is a Malaga supporter.
I wonder if we have any other Football fans in here (since I'm far too lazy to check everyone :þ)

Top Bottom