• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

OuterLimits

I just started playing it, I'm on the fourth mission and I'm not regretting my purchase yet. The game is fun and seems to have some content for what I spent. The music is a little generic and it uses some of the same sound effects from adventure bar story. It plays like your typical tactics game, and the story might be a little generic but I'm not finding it boring yet either. You also upgrade your characters class when they reach certain requirements.
I would recommend it for someone who's looking for a quick pick up and play tactacs rpg game, but it is a little on the easy side.

To answer your question:
From I've played, yes, the battle system seems to be ok. I don't know yet how much time it takes to finish, but I'm breezing through, so hopefully there's a lot of missions.

I agree with what you said. I'm surprised how decent the game is. Fun SRPG for five dollars. Story is ok as well. Apparently the main campaign has 32 missions and you can fight in free battles to level up as well. Not really needed though.

It isn't spectacular, but certainly fun to play, and well worth $5 in my opinion.

maxcriden

I just got my Wii Super Famicom CC from Cheesemeister, along with the JP Starfy games. I'm so psyched!! The CC is just gorgeous and I adore Starfy DS so I'm super psyched for the other games in the series.

maxcriden

Super-jealous.
Those look awesome.

I've been eyeing one for a long time so it was a big purchase for us. Jen (my wife; I know you know my wife's name lol but others reading might wonder who I'm talking about) seems psyched about all of the items we received, too. You know, not long after I ordered the package from Cheese, she was mentioning to me that she wanted to play more Starfy games, but I think she knew those only came out in Jaan, so this was really fortuitous timing.

Javier

Now that I think about it, there are a few DS games that require you to close the system in order to solve certain puzzles, which I don't think it's currently emulated on Wii U VC. I do wonder how are they going to replicate that, or if they will bother with those games at all.

CraigMcD

Now that I think about it, there are a few DS games that require you to close the system in order to solve certain puzzles, which I don't think it's currently emulated on Wii U VC. I do wonder how are they going to replicate that, or if they will bother with those games at all.

It is. I think you bring up the VC menu for it?

rjc571

Banned

<3 Trace Memory <3

Weng

So i want to buy one of the Street Fighter games on Wii U VC... I'm more or less new to Street Fighter. I only played one of the SNES games a few times at a friends house back in the 90s. What would you recommend? Super Street Fighter II (assuming this is the best version of the three SNES SFII games) or Street Fighter Alpha 2?

Tizoc

So i want to buy one of the Street Fighter games on Wii U VC... I'm more or less new to Street Fighter. I only played one of the SNES games a few times at a friends house back in the 90s. What would you recommend? Super Street Fighter II (assuming this is the best version of the three SNES SFII games) or Street Fighter Alpha 2?

Alpha 2 runs like shit avoid it at all costs.

Get Super SF2 Turbo if it is available since that's the latest ver. of SF2 at the time.

jholmes

I brought it up here so I didn't want to leave people hanging: I finally picked up Yo! Noid and I beat it, and summarized my thoughts in a LTTP thread. It's not coming to Virtual Console or anything but you retro types should check the game out.

Super Street Fighter II is the definitive version of Street Fighter II on the Wii U Virtual Console. Street Fighter Alpha 2 is a somewhat different game, and in fact a very good game, but the SNES port does have some pretty rough loading times (yes, loading times) so if you could get it on another platform you may want to do that. It's definitely playable on SNES though, that's the version I had back when.

Tizoc

I brought it up here so I didn't want to leave people hanging: I finally picked up Yo! Noid and I beat it, and summarized my thoughts in a LTTP thread. It's not coming to Virtual Console or anything but you retro types should check the game out.

Super Street Fighter II is the definitive version of Street Fighter II on the Wii U Virtual Console. Street Fighter Alpha 2 is a somewhat different game, and in fact a very good game, but the SNES port does have some pretty rough loading times (yes, loading times) so if you could get it on another platform you may want to do that. It's definitely playable on SNES though, that's the version I had back when.

Far as SFA2 is concerned, track out the PS2 SF Alpha Collection or pick up the PSX ver. via PSN. Interestingly enough the JP release of SFA2 on JP PSN comes with BOTH SFA2 and SSF2 Turbo.

Weng

Alpha 2 runs like shit avoid it at all costs.

Get Super SF2 Turbo if it is available since that's the latest ver. of SF2 at the time.

Far as SFA2 is concerned, track out the PS2 SF Alpha Collection or pick up the PSX ver. via PSN. Interestingly enough the JP release of SFA2 on JP PSN comes with BOTH SFA2 and SSF2 Turbo.
Thanks. Currently my only option for playing SFII or SFA2 is the Wii U VC. Tizoc, concerning SFA2 on SNES running like shit, are you referring to the loading times jholms mentioned or anything else?

Tizoc

Thanks. Currently my only option for playing SFII or SFA2 is the Wii U VC. Tizoc, concerning SFA2 on SNES running like shit, are you referring to the loading times jholms mentioned or anything else?

That in particular yes.

Loading times in the SNES version of Alpha 2 are definitely awkward, specially because of when they come up (right after "Round 1, Fight!"), and the PlayStation version is definitely better for a lot of reasons, but loading times is not really one of them. The PS version obviously has loading times too and it happens more often and are longer, right before every single fight. It's just that they're expected and less awkward.

Still, I have to recommend Super Street Fighter 2. It's the epitome of fighting games for the SNES and one of the best games on the system, period. But if you want to get Street Fighter Alpha 2 instead for some reason, it's perfectly playable and a lot of fun.

sörine

Banned
SSF2 and SFA2 both had concessions on SNES. In terms of accuracy SF2/SF2T come closer to the arcade than either of them actually.

JoeM86

Sorry for the delay. Dentist

Wii U
Funk of Titans £8.09 (&#8364;8.99)
Never Alone £12.99 (&#8364;14.99)

Wii U Virtual Console
Megaman Battle Network 4: Blue Moon £6.29 (&#8364;6.99)
Megaman Battle Network 4: Red Sun £6.29 (&#8364;6.99)

3DS
Bike Rider DX2: Galaxy £2.69 (&#8364;2.99)

3DS Add-On Content
Bike Rider DX2: Galaxy &#8211; Append Stage [Ex] £0.89 (&#8364;0.99)
Bike Rider DX2: Galaxy &#8211; Append Stage [Moon] Free
Bike Rider DX2: Galaxy &#8211; Append Stage [Tatsujin] £0.89 (&#8364;0.99)

==========
Price Reductions

Wii U
14 Wii U titles presented by 7 studios from 6 countries are on sale on Nintendo eShop in the Epic Indie Sale. If you own one or more of following titles on your Wii U, you can download the others at a discounted rate. This offer ends on July 23.

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) - &#8364;4.79/£3.99 (Normally &#8364;11.99/£9.99)
EDGE (Two Tribes Publishing) - &#8364;0.79/£0.71 (Normally &#8364;1.99/£1.79)
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games) - &#8364;5.99/£5.19 (Normally &#8364;14.99/£12.99)
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Drinkbox Studios) - &#8364;5.59/£4.79 (Normally &#8364;13.99/£11.99)
Mighty Switch Force! 2 (WayForward) - &#8364;2.00/£2.00 (Normally &#8364;5.00/£5.00)
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) - &#8364;3.99/£3.59 (Normally &#8364;9.99/£8.99)
RUSH (Two Tribes Publishing) - &#8364;0.79/£0.71 (Normally &#8364;1.99/£1.79)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (WayForward) - &#8364;6.79/£6.39 (Normally &#8364;16.99/£15.99)
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games) - &#8364;3.59/£3.20 (Normally &#8364;8.99/£8.00)
Swords & Soldiers (Two Tribes Publishing) - &#8364;1.19/£0.99 (Normally &#8364;2.99/£2.69)
Toki Tori (Two Tribes Publishing) - &#8364;0.79/£0.69 (Normally &#8364;1.99/£1.79)
Toki Tori 2 + (Two Tribes Publishing) - &#8364;5.99/£5.19 (Normally &#8364;14.99/£12.99)
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - &#8364;6.79/£5.39 (Normally &#8364;16.99/£13.99)
Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte) - &#8364;5.19/£4.39 (Normally &#8364;12.99/£10.99)

3DS
Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages (Sanuk Games) - &#8364;2.99/£2.69 (Ends July 16, normally &#8364;4.99/£4.49)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - &#8364;3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 23, normally &#8364;7.99/£7.19)

repeater

When was the last time Devil Survivor Overclocked was for sale on the EU Eshop? It feels like SMTIV goes on sale every other week, but I already own that.

When was the last time Devil Survivor Overclocked was for sale on the EU Eshop? It feels like SMTIV goes on sale every other week, but I already own that.

December. That's when I bought it.

edit: my memory is shoddy :D ..fixed!

Yeah, I don't know how I missed that. I'm checking back every week for a sale on that one and Rune Factory 4 but I'm always disappointed :(

edit: fixed your quote. No one will ever know

flowsnake

Atlus are way more discount-happy as a publisher than Ghostlight, if you were wondering why.

TheMoon

Of course you quote it before I edit it ... :D

It was December, not Feb/March ^^

Atlus are way more discount-happy as a publisher than Ghostlight, if you were wondering why.

Yup, remember who the actual publisher is in Europe. Don't forget ATLUS has nothing to do with the game here.

Since I was asked to post a notice in here, the second game of Game Boy Club is a-go!
Oh, hey, thanks for that! At the time I asked I didn't know you were going to reuse the same thread with a title change. Since I'm subbed, there's no risk of missing the thread. Thanks again, anyway!

I'd say I hope Shantae also goes on sale in America but I only have like seventy cents left of eShop credit so what good will that do to me ;__;

pariah164

During a rough, sleepless night last night, I found stickers and decided to cover my 3DS case.

MuJwfPI.jpg
The peel off with some effort, but I like this look, so they'll stay there a while.

Javier

I read this on another site but haven't been able to confirm. Is it true that the Wii U VC release of Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon allows you to use the Online Shop?

Robin64

I read this on another site but haven't been able to confirm. Is it true that the Wii U VC release of Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon allows you to use the Online Shop?

Not quite.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-DS/Fire-Emblem-Shadow-Dragon-270825.html

In the original Nintendo DS game, certain weapons were available by connecting to the internet. In the Wii U Virtual Console feature, these weapons are available without an internet connection. Rare weapons are only available during specific times of the month, so if you see something good, snap it up!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2015/07/06/4cr-interview-luis-zuno/

An extract about sales of the game

4cr: Speaking of Elliot Quest, how are the sales for the game on Steam and Wii U? It’s definitely a very fun game, so hopefully people are buying the game.
LZ: Sales numbers on Wii U has been by much bigger than on Steam. However, putting the game on the console has been a long journey and a lot of work and I definitely couldn’t have got there on my own, which is why I’m thankful for the help from PlayEveryWare to get there.

maxcriden

Get on it! They're both co-op too.

How did you like them? I didn't realize anyone here had played Nihilumbra. Both are definitely games I'm eager to check out, just only so much time in the day. Especially for games my wife and I are going to try together. I did finish Rainbow Curse and Captain Toad finally in the past few days, though. Plan to write up some impressions shortly.

jholmes

How did you like them? I didn't realize anyone here had played Nihilumbra. Both are definitely games I'm eager to check out, just only so much time in the day. Especially for games my wife and I are going to try together. I did finish Rainbow Curse and Captain Toad finally in the past few days, though. Plan to write up some impressions shortly.

I liked Nihilumbra quite a bit -- it reminds me of Limbo except it's much more chatty, and I actually liked the main mechanic, whereas Limbo was just straight platforming. If you're looking for something a little pensive and the touchscreen gimmick seems fun, check it out. I have no idea how anyone played this on other platforms though, it feels like it was made for the Wii U.

As for Affordable Space Adventures that's behind Splatoon and maybe nothing else on my GOTY list right now. I feel like we've all said everything there is to say about it. It's brilliant if you like puzzle platformers.

maxcriden

I liked Nihilumbra quite a bit -- it reminds me of Limbo except it's much more chatty, and I actually liked the main mechanic, whereas Limbo was just straight platforming. If you're looking for something a little pensive and the touchscreen gimmick seems fun, check it out. I have no idea how anyone played this on other platforms though, it feels like it was made for the Wii U.

As for Affordable Space Adventures that's behind Splatoon and maybe nothing else on my GOTY list right now. I feel like we've all said everything there is to say about it. It's brilliant if you like puzzle platformers.

Thanks man, I appreciate the impressions. It's definitely Nihilumbra I was most eager to hear more about. I couldn't get into Limbo at all but I like the aesthete of this game better. I do plan to try it out...just like I said, only so much time in the day. Speaking of which, I better get some Phantom Hourlglass in while I've got some time still tonight!

Top Bottom