• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2015

maxcriden

I'll be convinced if it still hasn't been announced after E3.

Same!

Guys, don't do this to me.

Also Max don't be ridiculous, EarthBound rules.

I mean, I hope we get it.

But, we won't.

To be fair, you are still hitting them with bats and stuff...
Not that you see that, but nonetheless.

Just, the message is usually that you "Tame" them.

I just don't like the idea of hitting dogs. :-/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure I can get excited about a collection that has less content than a collection from ten years ago.
To be fair, that launched at, what, $40 or $50? Plus the GCN version swapped A & B (B was jump & A was shoot, I think) which made it hard for some people to play it.

Also I think this is more for people who don't have Nintendo systems &/or missed out on the previous Anniversary Collection. It's another way to introduce more people to the classic series, the same way the Ann. Collection did (that's how I experienced the games).

I wonder if there'll be another X Collection now....but I'd assume it wouldn't be 3DS since SNES & PS1.

TheMoon

Eh, it's on my VC but I haven't gotten to it. Seemed a bit slow in pace and I heard you fight dogs. ;__;

I wonder if M3 would be GBA VC for Wii U only, or if they'd make a special port for 3DS, too. What are people expecting?

Didn't we go over the dog thing last year? You don't kill anything. This is a kids RPG. And it's a turn-based system so you don't even see anyone hitting them.

Robin64

The GCN version of Anniversary Collection was pretty bad. The swapped buttons was so frustrating, but it also didn't get all the cool new music.

maxcriden

Didn't we go over the dog thing last year? You don't kill anything. This is a kids RPG. And it's a turn-based system so you don't even see anyone hitting them.

Probably so, yes. But, just the idea of hitting the dogs bothers me.

The GCN version of Anniversary Collection was pretty bad. The swapped buttons was so frustrating, but it also didn't get all the cool new music.

It's the PS2 version I'd be eager for, esp. since the PS2 controller has a much better d-pad than the GCN one. With that said, I better stick with the VC versions due to save states.

If the 3DS ports are good I will probably buy that

unless it costs like 40 bucks or something

I think it was confirmed @ $15, right?

Pretty sure they're sold separately, but differences between the two versions are negligible from what I've read.

Yeah, there's some differences in chips and navi styles but nothing too big. I was just wondering how they'd distribute the games and how they handle the connectivity since you need both to 100% either game.

TheMoon

Oh, I thought it was retail, lol

No, it's a $15 download

pIFb8yQ.png

it's a pretty awesome package.

Robin64

I'd actually get a Wii U version, just because I don't have the MM VC games on there (I don't double dip on VC) and it would look FAR better than the VC efforts anyway. Such a shame.

zroid

Banned
I'd actually get a Wii U version, just because I don't have the MM VC games on there (I don't double dip on VC) and it would look FAR better than the VC efforts anyway. Such a shame.

it's actually the opposite for me, I have a bunch of them on Wii U, and it's a shame they look poopy, but I'd rather get the collection on 3DS. Just hope, like I said, that the ports are good. Also that it's not dumbed down in any way for 3DS...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yay it seems that thanks to a kind gaffer I might be able to play Don't Starve (which I own on pc but never played, so glad for offtv play on WiiU!) Giant Edition tonight! Love this initiative of giving double packs for games releasing much later than other platforms, it benefits both the game and the players, neat!

Ugh this always happens to me. I am so indecisive. I got some Nintendo eshop cards as part of my gifts from my graduation party yesterday, and I've got about $75 to spend on my eshop account. It's not that I don't have things I'd like to get, it's just that whenever I can't afford something, I put it on my wish list, and I can't decide what I'd want first. I want everything kinda equally lol.

Dee Dee

Ugh this always happens to me. I am so indecisive. I got some Nintendo eshop cards as part of my gifts from my graduation party yesterday, and I've got about $75 to spend on my eshop account. It's not that I don't have things I'd like to get, it's just that whenever I can't afford something, I put it on my wish list, and I can't decide what I'd want first. I want everything kinda equally lol.

If Splatoon is on your wish list, buy that. If it's not, fuck your wishlist (no offense).
Apart from that, everyone needs to own The Fall.

terrisus

You can just level up on the crows and use PSI Rockin' Gaming on the dogs. The Runaway Dog became tame!

ftfy

(I always do my favorite thing as Gaming - which is on the defaults list, just a bit further into it :þ)

If you don't have Earthbound, get Earthbound :þ

If you don't have Earthbound, get Earthbound :þ

If Splatoon is on your wish list, buy that. If it's not, fuck your wishlist (no offense).
Apart from that, everyone needs to own The Fall.

lol yeah, I already got all 3 of those. EarthBound has been one of my favorite games since I was in middle school, and I got Splatoon the day it came out...though I kinda regret it because not sure if I've felt it was worth $60. I played through The Fall and got it before the humble bundle deal, and while...it's a good game, I was pissed I got the Wii U version, because it crashed on me soooo many times. It's a buggy version, that I'm not too happy with.

It's kinda long, but this is what I've got on my wish list... I've been buying games on Wii U digitally since it came out, so most of what's on my wish list is stuff that I just didn't afford right away, or weren't high on my demand because I had other things I wanted to get first.

Mario Bros (NES)
Ice Climber (NES)
Final Fight 1 2 and 3 (SNES)
Lego City Undercover
Funky Barn
Need for Speed Most Wanted U
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Legend of Mystical Ninja (SNES)
Double Dragon (NES)
Contra III Alien Wars (SNES)
Castlevania 1, 2 and 3 (NES)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Mega Man X2 and X3 (SNES)
NES Remix 2
Golden Sun (GBA)
Splinter Cell Blacklist
F-Zero Maximum Velocity (GBA)
Lego Movie videogame
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
Batman Arkham Origins
Injustice
Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2
Wario Land 4 (GBA)
Ittle Dew
Zelda Minish Cap (GBA)
ZombiU
Mario Tennis Power Tour (GBA)
Mr. Driller 2 (GBA)
all the Mega Man Battle Network games (GBA)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
All the GBA Castlevania games
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
The Swapper
Thomas was alone
Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA)
Lego Batman 3
A World of Keflings
Mega Man Zero 1 2 and 3 (GBA)
Chariot
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Breath of Fire (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3 (SNES)
Mario Party 10
Mario vs DK Tipping Stars
Trine
Affordable Space Adventures
AVGN Adventures
Mario Kart DS
Paper Mario (N64)
Mega Man & Bass (GBA)
New Super Mario Bros (DS)
Don't Starve
Adventures of Pip

Bowl0l

Maybe we get more announced around E3?
Actually scratch that...I'm having a tight budget right now so I'd rather a Ninty franchise sale occur by the end of the month ToT
When was Nintendo's last flash sale? I only remember the Spring sale, which i only bought Pikmin 3. Another up to 30% sales will be a hard seller to physical only players.

terrisus

One thing that makes me hesitant to get any castlevania games, is I don't wanna give konami any money anymore.

Why not?

Either way - encourage the things you want to see more of, and discourage the things you want to see less of.
Super Castlevania IV is a great thing to encourage.

GulAtiCa

So I've been playing Antipole DX for Wii U lately. Gotta tell ya, looks really good! Looking forward to the final released version (and 3DS too)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So I've been playing Antipole DX for Wii U lately. Gotta tell ya, looks really good! Looking forward to the final released version (and 3DS too)

Saw the trailer for that yesterday. It looked really good, and I loved the music. I never played the original, but I hope this release lives up.

maxcriden

Oh, is this confirmed...?
It's definitely the difference between me buying and not buying the collection

Not confirmed, no (I don't think, at least), but it's unusual for collections like this to offer VC functionality such as save states.

You can just level up on the crows and use PSI Rockin' on the dogs. The Runaway Dog became tame!

Oh, that's harder to argue with. Thank you, J.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, Picross e6. I still wish the previous games would go on sale. I gave in on e, e2, & e3, but I wouldn't mind if e4 & e5 got discounted eventually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really wish we got that along with more Club Nintendo exclusive games in the US. All we got were 2 for the Wii, & one was just Punch-Out but with a special opponent.

....starting to wonder if I should visit the EU CN thread & ask what people would want for the MK8 OST.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fucking right! The Wii U is SAVED!

You are forgetting the DS Game & Watch collections.
Oh, right. I GUESS....considering I can get them on the G&W Gallery games. & wasn't there DSiWare versions eventually released?

GulAtiCa

Yes! My game, ZaciSa's Last Stand new patch, 1.2, goes live Thursday. More details if you're curious here.

God. I'm so excited to finally get this patch out there and live!

Dee Dee

Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Legend of Mystical Ninja (SNES)
Mega Man X2 and X3 (SNES)
Golden Sun (GBA)
F-Zero Maximum Velocity (GBA)
Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2
Wario Land 4 (GBA)
Zelda Minish Cap (GBA)
Mr. Driller 2 (GBA)
The Swapper
Thomas was alone
Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA)
Affordable Space Adventures
Paper Mario (N64)
Don't Starve
Adventures of Pip

Narrowed it down for you!
Don't buy Wii U games on the eShop, most electronics markets have them in the dollar bins by now. Or Warner does another sale soon for them.

Also... Funky Barn???

PS: I am a member now, ready for E3!!!

Narrowed it down for you!
Don't buy Wii U games on the eShop, most electronics markets have them in the dollar bins by now. Or Warner does another sale soon for them.

I don't really buy any games physically anymore...I've gone fully digital on Wii U since it launched, and own like 28 retail games, 43 eshop only games, plus a few dozen VC games all digitally on my Wii U. May not always be the best price, but for me it saves me money in the long run, because I've had a sickness where I often trade in games before I was done with them, and later bought them again only to probably spend more money on the game than I would have otherwise. With digital games, I'll have them, and can't trade em in. Has worked best for me, because I'll have em at the touch of a my gamepad.

Also... Funky Barn???

Well yeah, lol I have fond memories of watching Jeff play it from giant bomb, and I still haven't gotten it, but I kinda want to after watching this stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eY_qcxNkag

tolkir

No virtual console releases in Japan next week again.
E3 Direct must have some suprises. Mother 3?
In Japan is more probable :(

Top Bottom