• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2015

BooJoh

With Chibi-Robo Zip Lash coming this year, I wonder what the odds are of Park Patrol coming to VC. The demo of Photo Finder has been my only experience with the series so far and I'd love to try the more traditional entries.

With Chibi-Robo Zip Lash coming this year, I wonder what the odds are of Park Patrol coming to VC. The demo of Photo Finder has been my only experience with the series so far and I'd love to try the more traditional entries.
Well, Park Patrol isn't really a traditional Chibi-Robo. The second DS game is the one more similar to the original GameCube game, not that I've ever had a chance to try it since it didn't get out of Japan. Well, actually, with there being only two "traditional" Chibi-Robo games and three "non-traditional" ones, including Zip Lash, who knows what a traditional Chibi-Robo is anymore? In any case, the original Chibi-Robo is fantastic, you should try to check it out.

Ondore

Friends of Mineral Town is the Wii U VC release tomorrow.

Also coming tomorrow are four more GG Series games for DSiWare. How many games does this freaking series have?

Also coming tomorrow are four more GG Series games for DSiWare. How many games does this freaking series have?

Is that any good? I've looked for years for a Harvest Moon game that can stand up to Harvest Moon 64.

Same!

I just don't like the idea of hitting dogs. :-/

Haha. Poor Max. Ok a bit of official context on that. Most of the earth based enemies you fight in the game are acting the way they are because they're under the control of Giygas and/or the Starmen/other aliens which makes them super strong and have crazy, sometimes otherworldly abilities. That's why the defeat messages usually say things like "The Runaway Dog became tame" or 'The Spiteful Crow returned to normal' or 'The cranky lady returned to normal,' ect.

So, you're actually NOT just beating up defenseless animals and wailing on weak elderly people, you're usually just clobbering some sense into a super overpowered earth life form until it/he/she finally comes to its senses. Even the NPCs hint at this, 'Animals and people are acting crazy since such-and-such happened.' Now aliens, robots, ect? Those you are most certainly killing or brutally hurting because end-battle messages for those enemies will usually say "defeated" or "exploded," ect.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure – Nine out of 10 doctors agree … Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure won’t cure any real-life illnesses. But it is a really fun new puzzle game. Play classic style, Dr. Luigi style or, in Virus Buster mode, use new power-ups called Miracle Cures that will have you and your friends wiping out those pesky viruses.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

LEGO Jurassic World – Get ready for an adventure 65 million bricks in the making when the LEGO Jurassic World game arrives on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on June 12. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town – A neglected farm has been passed down to you, and its fate now rests in your capable hands. Take over the reins of life, and create your own pastoral adventure. Plant and harvest crops, raise farm animals and start a family!

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Citizens of Earth (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.49) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 15 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 22.
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut, OlliOlli (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Curve Digital are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 25.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Cubemen 2 is 43 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 25.
PING 1.5+ is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 25.
Zacisa’s Last Stand is 40 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.19) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 9.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 15 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 22.
Family Tennis 3D, Family Table Tennis 3D and more games from Arc System Works are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 25.
3D Game Collection, Funfair Party Games and Murder on the Titanic from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 25.

Price reduction:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Ice Cream Surfer is now $2.50 (reduced from $5).

Bowling Bonanza 3D is reduced to $3.99 (from $5.99).
Gummy Bears Magical Medallion and Gummy Bears Mini Golf are reduced to $3.99 (from $5.99)
Johnny Dynamite is reduced to $3.99 (from $4.99)

Also new this week:

BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey in Suburbs #1 – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
My Zoo Vet Practice 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Ninja Usagimaru – The Gem of Blessings – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
SWORDS & DARKNESS – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
G.G Series ALL BREAKER (DSiWare)
G.G Series CONVEYOR TOY PACKING (DSiWare)
G.G Series SHADOW ARMY (DSiWare)
G.G Series THE HIDDEN NINJA KAGEMARU (DSiWare)

More DSiWare, ha ha.

terrisus

Is that any good? I've looked for years for a Harvest Moon game that can stand up to Harvest Moon 64.

It's the best portable Harvest Moon.

Of course, this version isn't fully "portable" now.
But still, it's at least in the Top 3 along with Harvest Moon 64 and Harvest Moon SNES.

(Harvest Moon 64 is and always will be the best)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dat lack luster lineup. Another version of Dr Mario, 1 VC game, and no really good indies.

E3 lull in full effect.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Wow, sucks this week.

I'm REALLY hoping that Ocarina of Time 3DS goes on sale next week during E3 like it did last year. Really want to pick it up, but I will even if it doesn't go on sale next week. I figured it was worth the wait.

@MUWANdo

Banned

All these games were released as part of a retail compilation in Japan called G.G. Series Collection Plus; there were 30+ games on the collection but only half of them were DSiWare, the rest were original.and exclusive to the compilation. Honestly, some of them were kinda fun but I couldn't tell you which ones are good and which ones suck, it was a total crapshoot.

Some of these games got an international release years ago, so assuming they're not releasing the compilation-exclusive games here too, they'll be done pretty soon.

maxcriden

It's the best portable Harvest Moon.

Of course, this version isn't fully "portable" now.
But still, it's at least in the Top 3 along with Harvest Moon 64 and Harvest Moon SNES.

(Harvest Moon 64 is and always will be the best)

you forgot BTN.

Harvest Moon is only $6.99, nice. Will probably get that since you got praise it so much. Some other sale items today I wanted, like Lone Survivor, and Thomas was alone that I'm probably gonna get. Got so much eshop credit burning a hole in my digital pocket lol

OmegaFax

I went ahead and bought that new Dr. Mario game. It's very basic. It's welcoming to newcomers with the miracle gimmick. No friggin' way to selection between "Fever" or "Chill" ... they took out the music selection option. Online is the same as Dr. Luigi ... barebones matchmaking.

Can't recommend it but if Puzzles & Dragons, Stretchmo, Boxbox, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars hasn't scratched your puzzle itch, might as well get this one, too.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Citizens of Earth (Atlus | $7.49 until 06/22, then $14.99) Upcoming 06/15
  • Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Curve Digital | until 06/25)
  • OlliOlli (Curve Digital | until 06/25)
  • Cubemen 2 (Nnooo | $4.49 until 06/25, then $7.99)
  • Ping 1.5+ (Nami Tentou Mushi | $2.99 until 06/25, then $4.99)
  • ZaciSa's Last Stand (ZeNfA Productions | $1.19 until 07/09, then $1.99)
  • Ice Cream Surfer (Dolores Entertainment | $2.50 Permanent, was $5.00)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma (Arc System Works | Demo)
  • Swords & Darkness (Arc System Works | Demo)
  • Ninja Usagimaru – The Gem of Blessings (Arc System Works | Demo)
  • Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey in Suburbs #1 (Sonic Powered Co. | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (Atlus | $14.99 until 06/22, then $29.99) Upcoming 06/15
  • Citizens of Earth (Atlus | $7.49 until 06/22, then $14.99) Upcoming 06/15
  • OlliOlli (Curve Digital | until 06/25)
  • Family Tennis 3D (Arc System Works | until 06/25)
  • Family Table Tennis 3D (Arc System Works | until 06/25)
  • 3D Game Collection (Joindots | until 06/25)
  • Funfair Party Games (Joindots | until 06/25)
  • Murder on the Titanic (Joindots | until 06/25)
  • Bowling Bonanza 3D (Enjoy Gaming | $3.99 Permanent, was $5.99)
  • Gummy Bears Magical Medallion (Enjoy Gaming | $3.99 Permanent, was $5.99)
  • Gummy Bears Mini Golf (Enjoy Gaming | $3.99 Permanent, was $5.99)
  • Johnny Dynamite (Enjoy Gaming | $3.99 Permanent, was $5.99)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• Cubemen 2 (Nnooo | €4.49 | £3.99 until 06/25, then €7.99 | £6.99)
  • Fit Music for Wii U (O2 Games | €12.90 | £9.90 until 07/11, then €29.99 | £24.90)
  • Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games | €12.90 | £9.90 until 07/11, then €29.99 | £24.90)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Battleminer (Wobbly Tooth | €3.99 | £2.99 until 06/25, then €7.99 | £5.99)
  • Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games | €10.90 | £8.90 until 07/11, then €24.90 | £19.90)

uxwGK.png

rjc571

Banned
Oh snap Swords & Darkness came out! I've been waiting years for an English release. I played the Japanese demo and enjoyed it a lot but didn't want to commit to the full game due to not being able to read the menus and item descriptions etc. It's like a Kunio-Kun game crossed with Diablo. For only 7 bucks, I'm definitely going to check it out now.

terrisus

Even in the PSN version? They were absolutely brutal in the original, though, yeah. Particularly the startup one. I remember wondering if my copy was broken.

Haven't played the PSN version, but I would assume there are still some.
I hate loading times >.>

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Might be the wrong place to ask lol

You remember they're doing a 3DS port of this, btw, don't you?

I thought some folks here might have heard at least since it's a game more bought on Nintendo platforms xD. That I was wondering whether the game ever goes on sale on DS/3DS. They're doing a 3DS port of Risky's Revenge (aka the DSiWare one that you can already play on 3DS?)? I've never played a Shantae game before, so I thought I'd try one out, especially at this price.

TheMoon

I thought some folks here might have heard at least since it's a game more bought on Nintendo platforms xD. That I was wondering whether the game ever goes on sale on DS/3DS. They're doing a 3DS port of Risky's Revenge (aka the DSiWare one that you can already play on 3DS?)? I've never played a Shantae game before, so I thought I'd try one out, especially at this price.

They're doing a 3DS and Wii U port of Risky's Revenge Director's Cut (original on DSiWare -> PC as Director's Cut -> back to 3DS and Wii U), yes.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
It's great. Some people complained about some crashes, but I never had any issues, many also hate the map system of the game, but I thought it's great.

Cool. Good to know. Thanks to Steam refunds I guess I should have absolutely no fear of giving this game a shot (although $2.50 is pretty cheap to begin with). Why would they have a sale like this right before they rerelease it on 3DS/Wii U though? Seems counterproductive, although maybe it'd help Pirate's Curse sales.

TheMoon

Cool. Good to know. Thanks to Steam refunds I guess I should have absolutely no fear of giving this game a shot (although $2.50 is pretty cheap to begin with). Why would they have a sale like this right before they rerelease it on 3DS/Wii U though? Seems counterproductive, although maybe it'd help Pirate's Curse sales.

Ask any indie ever because that's standard procedure.

terrisus

Why would they have a sale like this right before they rerelease it on 3DS/Wii U though?

Same reason that the developers of Toki Tori failed to deliver on a feature for WiiU, and instead advertised their Steam version on WiiU until they were told to stop.

TheMoon

Same reason that the developers of Toki Tori failed to deliver on a feature for WiiU, and instead advertised their Steam version on WiiU until they were told to stop.

gave away free codes for people who bought the Wii U version != advertising

The Japanese Rail Sim game is pretty much Densha De Go but using real video for the train engineer viewport instead of real time graphics.

And it's pretty good! There's a demo if you dig Japanese trains.

I went ahead and bought that new Dr. Mario game. It's very basic. It's welcoming to newcomers with the miracle gimmick. No friggin' way to selection between "Fever" or "Chill" ... they took out the music selection option. Online is the same as Dr. Luigi ... barebones matchmaking.

Can't recommend it but if Puzzles & Dragons, Stretchmo, Boxbox, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars hasn't scratched your puzzle itch, might as well get this one, too.
After Dr. Luigi added new tracks (the only good thing I can really say about that game) it is a shame yet another bare Dr. Mario game has come out.

Dr. Mairo 64/Nintendo Puzzle Collection was not supposed to be the peak of this series (with its 4 player) I feel :(

I bought the Dr. Mario game. I think I will enjoy it, having never owned another version of it. Dr. Luigi mode with L-shaped pills looks challenging.

Also downloaded the demo for that Ninja game that released. I had never heard of it, so I don't have anything to hope for in it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, was searching for the Blazblue -Clone Phantasma- demo & eventually had to search for it via game's page since it wasn't under new releases or the demo section.

I didn't realize the game came out almost TEN MONTHS AGO. Why the hell did it take so long for a demo?

Camjo-Z

Alright, after playing Miracle Cure I'm now certain that Nintendo intentionally sabotages every new Dr. Mario game these days. There's always some stupid, easily fixable problem that they manage to have. Why would they take out the option to select which music you want? Why are the Cough and Sneeze songs still absent? Why does Dr. Luigi stop at Level 20 in Classic mode when you can reach Level 99 in the Wii U version?

At least the challenge mode finally adds some sort of single-player content beyond the usual stuff, even if it is pretty meager.

Alright, after playing Miracle Cure I'm now certain that Nintendo intentionally sabotages every new Dr. Mario game these days. There's always some stupid, easily fixable problem that they manage to have. Why would they take out the option to select which music you want? Why are the Cough and Sneeze songs still absent? Why does Dr. Luigi stop at Level 20 in Classic mode when you can reach Level 99 in the Wii U version?

At least the challenge mode finally adds some sort of single-player content beyond the usual stuff, even if it is pretty meager.

I'm curious who made this version since Arika seems to not have made this one. Are the credits easily accessible?

Top Bottom