• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

The graphics and such are updated. It looks hella pretty. AFAIK though, the content is exactly the same. I'm middling on that too, since I also have the physical copies of the games.

Having them all in one package, in 3D and always on your console.

That was enough for me to take the jump.

Hmmmm.
I know I'm going to crack.
I'm so weak :(

I'm all physical but seeing how fast and smooth the n3DS OS is tempts me more and more into going digital.
This would be the first title I buy digitally that I already have physically.
Could be dangerous...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So I didn't know this, but apparently anyone who has a NNID on the Wii U OlliOlli was purchased on can download it for free on their 3DS if it's linked.

I just assumed only the NNID that actually purchased the game got the cross-buy, but my brother was able to download it for free.

zroid

Banned
So I didn't know this, but apparently anyone who has a NNID on the Wii U OlliOlli was purchased on can download it for free on their 3DS if it's linked.

I just assumed only the NNID that actually purchased the game got the cross-buy, but my brother was able to download it for free.

haha wow that sounds like a definite oversight

GeekyDad

The MSF games are going to be 75% off. So it'll probably be around $1.49. In fact, let me type up the possible sale prices based on what WayForward posted.

3DS:

Mighty Switch Force: $5.99 -> $1.49 (75% off)
Mighty Switch Force 2: $5.99 -> $1.49 (75% off)
Shantae & The Pirate's Curse: $19.99 -> $14.99 (25% off)

Wii U:

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition: $9.99 -> $2.49 (75% off)
Mighty Switch Force 2: $5.99 -> $1.49 (75% off)
Shantae & The Pirate's Curse: $19.99 -> $14.99 (25% off)

Sweet. Loved the first MSF but never got around to buying the second. For a buck and a half, that's a great deal.

Ladekabel

Without DDP anymore, I will pretty much always go with 3DS unless there's like a specific reason not to

Same here. More so now with the n3DS. I love that d-pad.

But I have a question NintenGAF and need your help. I have 4,26€ as eShop credit left. I plan to buy Mighty Switch Force on Thursday. That would left me with 2,81€. Can I look forward to a possible sale on Weapon Shop de Omasse or can I bite on Shinobi 3D.

sörine

Banned
Without DDP anymore, I will pretty much always go with 3DS unless there's like a specific reason not to
I tend to go for multiplats on Wii U, largely because my 3DS is rapidly nearing it's 300 game limit.

The big exception is NES Virtual Console and only because it looks like smeared ass on Wii U. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, MSF2 has no differences between the Wii U & 3DS version. I'd honestly say go for 3DS for the decent 3D & the level structure works better as a portable game.

However, Hyper Drive Edition, for $1 more, is worth it due to more levels (with more music remixes) & the updated graphics (though pixel Patty is an unlockable outfit) were well worth it.

wilflare

I'm on the WiiU > 3DS camp too.
but If Nintendo released the Vita instead... then it would be the other way round :X

^^ can't wait for the sale - been eyeing a few items

Nintendo really did a one two punch. They removed DDP, then removed Club Nintendo. I am very curious to see how digital and retail sales have been affected by this. Seeing other responses here; from what I would imagine as hardcore Nintendo fans, it seems as if I'm not alone in being more picky about purchases.

Due to losing DDP and Club Nintendo I've essentially stopped purchasing Nintendo games. I'm hoping at E3 they announce something or I fear the replacement of all of this will be gone forever.

Now I know that Sony and MS doesn't have such a program as club Nintendo; but they do occasionally do 10% back on digital purchases and especially with Sony have a cross buy system.

If their replacement is truly happening; then it should combine DDP, club Nintendo, and cross buy all into one simple service; especially with virtual console.

The question remains though; if / when a true overall replacement comes; do the people who have purchased games either digitally or via retail get counted for that? I could easily see resentment from those who were the purchasers but don't get rewarded. Or perhaps the games that have been released without CN codes will never work going forward with the new system; which I think could cause problems as well.

In short; they should have let CN and DDP continued and lingered on until a true complete restructure and replacement was released.

TheMoon

Same here. More so now with the n3DS. I love that d-pad.

But I have a question NintenGAF and need your help. I have 4,26€ as eShop credit left. I plan to buy Mighty Switch Force on Thursday. That would left me with 2,81€. Can I look forward to a possible sale on Weapon Shop de Omasse or can I bite on Shinobi 3D.

Guild games were on sale a few weeks/months ago. That's their once-per year sale. You missed it. Buy Shinobi.

terrisus

Nintendo really did a one two punch. They removed DDP, then removed Club Nintendo. I am very curious to see how digital and retail sales have been affected by this.

In short; they should have let CN and DDP continued and lingered on until a true complete restructure and replacement as released.

Yeah, it was really strange that they did both those things essentially at the same time, without any positive coming in to help.

GulAtiCa

Those Japan sales from previous page are impressive. Love to have a game out in Japan one day, but that is likely never going to happen unless a Publisher actively seeks me out. haha

maxcriden

Those Japan sales from previous page are impressive. Love to have a game out in Japan one day, but that is likely never going to happen unless a Publisher actively seeks me out. haha

You should contact Circle Ent. I have a contact there if you need one.

maxcriden

f-zero-gp-legend-rating.png

Yeah, it was really strange that they did both those things essentially at the same time, without any positive coming in to help.

They can only go for so long losing money.

Eventually, I bet they'll find a way to up-charge for the online service.

I want to see more crossbuy stuff from them before I ever buy another online Nintendo title again.

terrisus

They can only go for so long losing money.

Well, sure, if it's not profitable for them...

But even in this thread of dedicated digital purchasers, we're seeing people saying they're going to purchase much less digitally on the WiiU due to the DDP.

Whether Club Nintendo was profitable for them or not, I don't know. I did like when they used to send me free stuff just because I was me (well, and moderating), but I know that didn't help everyone else very much :þ

Before talking with anyone at Circle, I would try contacting Hugo Smitts to ask about his experience. Remember that Teyon and Arc System Works are both in the realm of possibility as well.

GP Legend is kinda shitty, but we just got the Donkey Kong Country games, so I can't complain. I hope they announce N64 games in the next Direct, but I'm not expecting anything. :/

Robin64

I bet we never even get Final Fantasy :(

zlCfzTFuek4j7W0Q6D

Want..

What's odd is that Square's VC games don't allow screenshots. Look how bland the Secret of Mana community is without them! A few doodles here and there but yuk.

terrisus

Why do they hate not-Japan so much? :(

Who?
I always forget that there was a time when Nintendo had third party games.

I bet we never even get Final Fantasy :(

zlCfzTFuek4j7W0Q6D

Want..

This is my big issue with the WiiU (and 3DS) VC =(

What's odd is that Square's VC games don't allow screenshots. Look how bland the Secret of Mana community is without them! A few doodles here and there but yuk.

I'd still take it.

GP Legend is kinda shitty, but we just got the Donkey Kong Country games, so I can't complain. I hope they announce N64 games in the next Direct, but I'm not expecting anything. :/

I know we like to complain about VC, but they pretty much have to unless they ignore it for DS and Wii (though not VC). There's not many games left they can release on NES, SNES, GBA due to licensing etc

Square-Enix can't even get out the last DLC character our for Theatrhythm Curtain Call (the translation work is like 3 of the DLC song descriptions which they do get out) so a VC game would be a miracle from them.

If the DKL rating is anything to go by it won't be coming for a while. Even if it is "only" GP legend.

Speaking of which I think it is time for a remind people that NOE actually forgot to uploaded the game initially; a fact which is as amusing as it is tragic.

Top Bottom