• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

jholmes

What is this thread where everyone says F-Zero GP Legend is shitty?

Some days it seems like some of y'all just want to complain.

TheMoon

It's just people mistaking it for Maximum Velocity or not knowing what they're talking about :)

Don't worry.

Goody

Square Enix is just the worst :|
It's really frustrating how at least the NA branch of Square-Enix just seemed to forget that VC (and PS Classics) exists. The Wii VC library was never complete but with support from publishers like Capcom, Konami, and Square it was a really nice selection and fairly representative of the whole library. Missing Square's support on the Wii U and 3DS is missing out on a huge chunk of what made Nintendo consoles in the 1990s special.

I really hope that Breath of Fire's SNES VC release is indicative of SE doing something in that space and not just some expiring license.

terrisus

I'm just disappointed it's not Climax.
I know that's kind of pie-in-the-sky though >.>

But, yeah, it's decent, and I'll be getting it.

terrisus

Sorry, I'm a little tipsy tonight, is there Square-Enix hate going on in this thread? Can I co-sign?

Trash-tier company.

As I said, this is the real company who deserves anger/frustration, for releasing a bunch of games in Japan and then completely ignoring the entire rest of the world.

So....anyone getting Code Name Steam??....

Honestly never even got around to trying the demo >.>

jholmes

It's really frustrating how at least the NA branch of Square-Enix just seemed to forget that VC (and PS Classics) exists. The Wii VC library was never complete but with support from publishers like Capcom, Konami, and Square it was a really nice selection and fairly representative of the whole library. Missing Square's support on the Wii U and 3DS is missing out on a huge chunk of what made Nintendo consoles in the 1990s special.

I really hope that Breath of Fire's SNES VC release is indicative of SE doing something in that space and not just some expiring license.

If you're bored you could fill out the survey in this thread and pretty much copy-paste what you wrote directly to Square-Enix.

I don't get what Square-Enix, and Konami with its Hudson and TG16 backlog, leave money on the table with the Virtual Console. All it does is make their brands stronger.

sörine

Banned
The lack of western VC SE releases is really going to hurt once their GBA games start rolling out.

Mildly interesting observation I've noticed regarding this particular game. This game was never released outside of Japan in any way. That's a first for Game Boy Advance games on the Wii U Virtual Console.
Mr. Driller A the previous week was also Japan only.

Goody

If you're bored you could fill out the survey in this thread and pretty much copy-paste what you wrote directly to Square-Enix.

I don't get what Square-Enix, and Konami with its Hudson and TG16 backlog, leave money on the table with the Virtual Console. All it does is make their brands stronger.

Way ahead of you, actually!

It's nice to know that I can at least always go onto Wii mode and play those VC games there, but it'd be nice to upgrade them to Wii U VC. It's really sad that I can't yet pop open my 3DS and play some Final Fantasy Adventure. Or the nice handful of games SE put out on the GBA that aren't available on VC.

Really feels like they're sitting on these for no reason whatsoever.

rjc571

Banned
Theatrhythm DQ demo is out. The game has NO 3D. What the fuck? The 3D in Theatrhythm FF was amazing and didn't hurt the framerate one bit, so why the fuck did they take it out? I'm seriously considering cancelling my preorder.

Chrom

sörine;155450920 said:

Oh, this is true. I had just forgotten about Mr. Driller A.

In any case, for a long time I had been curious why there had been no GBA games that were truly exclusive to Japan released on Wii U. I think these two games can put to rest the idea that such games would possibly never be released for some unknown reason.

BooJoh

Oh, this is true. I had just forgotten about Mr. Driller A.

In any case, for a long time I had been curious why there had been no GBA games that were truly exclusive to Japan released on Wii U. I think these two games can put to rest the idea that such games would possibly never be released for some unknown reason.

Now if they'd just do some import type stuff like they did on Wii. I really want Kururin in NA, and I'm sure there are other games I'd buy too as long as there wasn't a high language barrier.

It's a shame text-heavy games are pretty much guaranteed to never make it over. I could maybe see a very slim chance of it happening with a high profile title like Mother 3, but never the more obscure titles like Tomato Adventure (I always thought that looked pretty great.)

Theatrhythm DQ demo is out. The game has NO 3D. What the fuck? The 3D in Theatrhythm FF was amazing and didn't hurt the framerate one bit, so why the fuck did they take it out? I'm seriously considering cancelling my preorder.

Terrible news.

I tried the demo for Citizens of Earth and once I realised there was no 3D it became unplayable. Instantly deleted.

Robin64

I bet there's no 3D in TDQ because the BMS notes aren't really coming from the distance, they're just being skewed down the screen. And I bet it would look really odd with 3D on where that happened. (Not that it doesn't already look really odd)

rjc571

Banned
Terrible news.

I tried the demo for Citizens of Earth and once I realised there was no 3D it became unplayable. Instantly deleted.

Stop being an asshole. I enjoyed the 3D in Theatrhythm FF and was expecting DQ to have it as well. The fact that they took it out for no apparent reason is very disappointing to me.

Stop being an asshole. I enjoyed the 3D in Theatrhythm FF and was expecting DQ to have it as well. The fact that they took it out for no apparent reason is very disappointing to me.

I'm pretty sure that the Cheeks of Jo Shishido were agreeing with you. They weren't being an asshole, they're just, well, cheeks. There's no need to be so confrontantional either.

Anyway, yeah, no 3D sucks big time. I kinda hope it's just for the demo but don't really see it being that way.

rjc571

Banned
I'm pretty sure that the Cheeks of Jo Shishido were agreeing with you. They weren't being an asshole, they're just, well, cheeks. There's no need to be so confrontantional either.

Anyway, yeah, no 3D sucks big time. I kinda hope it's just for the demo but don't really see it being that way.

He was obviously being sarcastic. He doesn't actually think Citizens of Earth is unplayable without 3D. I don't appreciate him mocking me for placing more value on 3D than he does.

Anyways, Play-Asia apparently doesn't allow you to cancel preorders (unless you contact customer service, after which they allegedly ban your account?!?!), so I guess I'm stuck with it either way.

TheMoon

Anyways, Play-Asia apparently doesn't allow you to cancel preorders (unless you contact customer service, after which they allegedly ban your account?!?!), so I guess I'm stuck with it either way.

I just canceled two separate orders last week successfully (via email contact form). They were both preorders and I used a credit card so no payment had been taken. Things might be different for regular orders or when using PayPal.

rjc571

Banned
I just canceled two separate orders last week successfully (via email contact form). They were both preorders and I used a credit card so no payment had been taken. Things might be different for regular orders or when using PayPal.

OK I guess I'll give it a try. I read somewhere that they don't appreciate orders being cancelled and they may ban your account for doing so. Apparently people used to preorder tons of games and cancel them, leading to a lot of excess stock.

daydream

Banned
Get 'im, fellas!

cWfeIjJ.gif

GeekyDad

More like convince you that it'll be well worth the asking price. .

Fair enough. To be honest, I was very much looking forward to the game, but once I tried the demo, it was clear it wasn't up to snuff for me. True shame, really, as it has a lot of potential as a Valkyria Chronicles alternative. The mechanics and camera just flat-out blow in my opinion, and the missions they offer in the demo are a slog.

GulAtiCa

At least now indies can more easily help release games in between the big releases.

At least I'm assuming people are buying new games, and not just bitching about old games. ;)

TheMoon

Seems identical to last year so far.

It's already quite a lot fuller than last year. DKCTF (Feb) ___NES Remix 2 (Apr) ___ MK8 (May). Now we already have Kirby (Feb), Mario vs DK (Mar), Mario Party 10 (Mar), Xenoblade X and Rodea for Japan (Apr), Splatoon (May). And as far as we know we're still awaiting Yoshi in the first half (so a June game) and Project Giant Robot, too. Even if the latter two get pushed out of 1H, that's a lot more than last year. And that's just mostly retail/big games, ignoring all the eShop stuff.

chronomac

So what's with Nintendo not releasing any more Wii games on the Wii U? I don't have any numbers, but the first 3 all seemed like hits, especially with the first week discounted. Are they worried they'd run out of games? Just seems pathetic to stop for almost 2 months.

Robin64

So what's with Nintendo not releasing any more Wii games on the Wii U? I don't have any numbers, but the first 3 all seemed like hits, especially with the first week discounted. Are they worried they'd run out of games? Just seems pathetic to stop for almost 2 months.

We're getting our 5th in Europe this week.

sörine;155450920 said:
Mr. Driller A is absolutely incredible.

It's a shame Namco only decided to start releasing GBA games in the US after the DS already came out (dumb dumbs), so we only got Mr. Driller 2.

And don't get me started on Mr. Driller Land. :-\

So I just got a new 3DS two weeks ago. Forgive my ignorance, but is there a solid list of upcoming games for the system (both downloadable and retail)? Doesn't seem like there's too much on the horizon, but I honestly haven't been following how Nintendo announces games and how far in advance they talk about them. Are we expecting more announcements soon? I know Nintendo does Directs, though the timing of those seems rather random.

chronomac

What's with Nintendo not releasing (__________) on Virtual Console?

That should be easier and more accurate.

Well, sure. But it just seems frustrating since they just announced and started the initiative. It's not like they're putting much work into the ports either (not that I mind - I know it keeps costs low).

TheMoon

Well, sure. But it just seems frustrating since they just announced and started the initiative. It's not like they're putting much work into the ports either (not that I mind - I know it keeps costs low).

They're not ports. They're not VC games. They're just downloadable Wii games.

Punch Out!! comes out this week in PAL, FYI. Pandora's Tower came out last week in Japan.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's already quite a lot fuller than last year. DKCTF (Feb) ___NES Remix 2 (Apr) ___ MK8 (May). Now we already have Kirby (Feb), Mario vs DK (Mar), Mario Party 10 (Mar), Xenoblade X and Rodea for Japan (Apr), Splatoon (May). And as far as we know we're still awaiting Yoshi in the first half (so a June game) and Project Giant Robot, too. Even if the latter two get pushed out of 1H, that's a lot more than last year. And that's just mostly retail/big games, ignoring all the eShop stuff.

The only reason that list looks better is because of the Japanese games.

For the west it's basically Kirby=DKCTF, NES Remix 2=MariovsDK, and then Splatoon=MK.

For big retail releases if you didn't buy Kirby you're basically waiting from Smash till May for Splatoon.

TheMoon

The only reason that list looks better is because of the Japanese games.

For the west it's basically Kirby=DKCTF, NES Remix 2=MariovsDK, and then Splatoon=MK.

For big retail releases if you didn't buy Kirby you're basically waiting from Smash till May for Splatoon.

Conveniently ignoring both Captain Toad AND Mario Party 10. This is an objective argument. Q1+Q2 2015 is quantitatively better than Q1+Q2 2014.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Conveniently ignoring both Captain Toad AND Mario Party 10. This is an objective argument. Q1+Q2 2015 is quantitatively better than Q1+Q2 2014.

No I actually forgot about Toad. That counts, but yeah I feel like Mario Party is pretty throw away. Sorry.

Top Bottom