• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2015

Whoa, slow down. Have him make a copy of the data on the microsd before he does anything. If your brother was truly incompetent, he might have selected delete from the initial system after the transfer. Do what the moon said and get both systems away from him and get back to us.

He had already copied it when I read your post but fortunately it worked.
What a relief!
I had a save just after finishing the neutral path and was getting ready to tackle the dlcs which I had just bought but then I lent him the 3DS because I was going to be too busy to play for a while.
Just thinking of playing through the whole game again to be able to play the dlcs not to mention all those hours spent fusing awesome demons...
Thanks for the help guys, seriously. I never needed to do this so I never looked into how it works in detail but I figured there'd be a solution since the data was still on the card, but without having the systems in my posession there wasn't much I could do.
Thanks again.

Umibozu

He had already copied it when I read your post but fortunately it worked.
What a relief!
I had a save just after finishing the neutral path and was getting ready to tackle the dlcs which I had just bought but then I lent him the 3DS because I was going to be too busy to play for a while.
Just thinking of playing through the whole game again to be able to play the dlcs not to mention all those hours spent fusing awesome demons...
Thanks for the help guys, seriously. I never needed to do this so I never looked into how it works in detail but I figured there'd be a solution since the data was still on the card, but without having the systems in my posession there wasn't much I could do.
Thanks again.
No problem. I would suggest not sharing a 3ds after you finish with the dlc though, just to be safe.

Kodaman

Yeah, this is good news...

IARC.png

I know this off topic but this is the best thread and I just wanted to state a simple thing:

I was playing a few older online games and...

Holy shit everyone! Mario Tennis is dead. I know its region locked, but on US and spent 10 minutes searching for a game on "either" and nothing.

I mean I lnow it was hated but it still sold a ton. Steam made sense when it died because sold so few but MARIO Tennis? For it to be completely dead like this is scary. Getting Tri Force Heroes today an hope it'll have years of online life.

RIP in piece in advance Federation Force/Blast Ball.

Also Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion are still alive! LM only had very few games but still good! I plan to play both more, especially LM.

How alive is Ironfall? Been playing a lot of online games lately. Made it to 400 Hours on Smash 3DS and 120 in Splatoon!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? That's not out in the US for quite a few weeks........unless you mean the 3DS version.

How alive is Ironfall? Been playing a lot of online games lately. Made it to 400 Hours on Smash 3DS and 120 in Splatoon!

It's easy to find an Ironfall game because it's f2p, but you'll be limited to the demo map. Finding games using the paid maps can take a little bit more time, but it's not impossible.

Wait, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? That's not out in the US for quite a few weeks........unless you mean the 3DS version.
His post begins with stating that he's playing older games. Of course he's talking about the 3DS game?

I think I'm skipping on the One Piece games after all. Romance Dawn sounds like a mess and Unlimited World Red is just too big at 15GB. I bought Devil Survivor 2 yesterday but there hasn't been anything that has truly grasped me on the digital front for a while.

^ That reminds me, are there any must buys in the Namco sale?
I already have Project X Zone. Nothing jumps out at me but those prices are a little too low to ignore...

joedick

Tomorrow's VC title is Stinger on NES, aka Moero TwinBee: Cinnamon-hakase wo Sukue!

Nice, one of the first NES games I ever got. It was a random pick by my mom as a gift, turned out well. Would love if we got the Japanese 3P version!

Has there been any info on the localization of Protect Me Knight?

sörine

Banned
Stinger's surprising given NA never got the SNES Pop'n Twinbee or Rainbow Bell Adventures games even though both were localized into english.

donny2112

If you took part in the Splatoon testfire but haven't bought the game, it's currently 20% off on the eShop according to a system message I got.

Gurrry

Im not sure where else to post this but I am having a very strange issue with my Wii U right now.

I want to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but when I click it from the dashboard, I get "An Error Has Occurred, please turn off the Wii U console". I try it again and it keeps happening.

So I figured its corrupt somehow, so I go to try and delete it. When I do, it says "system memory failure, turn off the console and try again".

Anyone know what to do?

Im not sure where else to post this but I am having a very strange issue with my Wii U right now.

I want to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but when I click it from the dashboard, I get "An Error Has Occurred, please turn off the Wii U console". I try it again and it keeps happening.

So I figured its corrupt somehow, so I go to try and delete it. When I do, it says "system memory failure, turn off the console and try again".

Anyone know what to do?
I seem to remember somebody once had a similar problem with Wind Waker HD.

The only way they were able to solve it was to format the console. Which will wipe all save data and make any external storage completely useless (including any save data on there).

So if you have a lot of progress in other games it might be time to end the MH career.

If you are fortunate enough that it is on an external you can move whatever you can over to internal (or another external) then format the external separately.

You can try an official route with Nintendo but you run the risk of them not a shit about your save data but honestly if the system memory is doing things like this maybe it isn't in a healthy state but if it is caused by a bad block (I don't know if blocks can become bad though) being on the MH3 data that isolates it.

Is Stinger any fun?

Yes, very fun comical shooter in Konami's classic Twinbee series, it's a port of the first arcade game scaled down a bit for Famicom/NES. Interesting power up system, you also have a Xevious style targeting bomb and your little mech's arms can be knocked off by enemies and subsequently "repaired" which adds a nice little layer of strategy.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

YO-KAI WATCH – The Japanese sensation is here! Hundreds of sometimes spooky, sometimes cute and usually mischievous Yo-kai secretly inhabit our world. From flaming feline Yo-kai to three-headed bosses, they’re hiding everywhere! In the YO-KAI WATCH game, discover these secret tricksters to battle and befriend them. Turn them into a team on your Yo-kai Watch and take down troublemaking Yo-kai to help people in need. You can even try before you buy with the free demo in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Electronic Super Joy – Acclaimed by critics, adored for its style and praised for its spot-on platforming, the original Electronic Super Joy game is legendary. Now you can play it on the Wii U console! Run, jump, smash and fly your way through quirky levels, with low gravity, world rotation, giant monsters and swarming missiles. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Stinger – Aliens from the planet Attackon have kidnapped Professor Einstein J. Cinnamon. They are scheming to zap his brain and steal his secret bio-nuclear sweetener formula – a formula they will use to turn the Earth into a big ball of cotton candy. In this wacky and wonderful NES shooter, soar into action in your Stinger jet fighter. Defeat the aliens and rescue the professor to save the world!

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Nano Assault Neo is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 26.
SDK Paint is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 6 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 13.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Siesta Fiesta is 75 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 12.
The Keep is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 18.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is 25 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 9 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 23.

Also new this week:

Rodea: The Sky Soldier (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) – Available Nov. 10
The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
Toki Tori 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Battleminer – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Jeez I totally forgot about Rodea, that's probably not a good sign. In other news I will be getting Yokai Watch next week and I'm more excited about it than I thought.

Gurrry

I seem to remember somebody once had a similar problem with Wind Waker HD.

The only way they were able to solve it was to format the console. Which will wipe all save data and make any external storage completely useless (including any save data on there).

So if you have a lot of progress in other games it might be time to end the MH career.

If you are fortunate enough that it is on an external you can move whatever you can over to internal (or another external) then format the external separately.

You can try an official route with Nintendo but you run the risk of them not a shit about your save data but honestly if the system memory is doing things like this maybe it isn't in a healthy state but if it is caused by a bad block (I don't know if blocks can become bad though) being on the MH3 data that isolates it.

Fuck. Well I deleted the update data and the save file just fine, but I cant delete the game. None of my other digital games do this either, so its just MH3U. So Its basically just taking up 6 gb's and serving zero purpose.

After doing more research online, the error code it gives me isnt even documented. It just says to call Nintendo, which I fear will lead to me sending in the console for repairs. Is there any way to access the games? Maybe if I put in an SD card and transfer it to there and delete via my PC?

Do you know if I format my drive, will my Mario Maker levels all be gone? Jesus, this is becoming a nightmare..

GulAtiCa

Thank you IARC! Got my AU rating. So nice to now have this done for free. Can only see this as a great thing for EU & AU gamers.

TheMoon

After doing more research online, the error code it gives me isnt even documented. It just says to call Nintendo, which I fear will lead to me sending in the console for repairs. Is there any way to access the games? Maybe if I put in an SD card and transfer it to there and delete via my PC?

You can't use SD cards with your Wii U for anything (exceptions are not worth mentioning). You can try moving the data to a USB drive or USB hard drive and tehn formatting that (entire) drive on your PC (since you can't access the data on it once it's been formatted for your Wii U).

Disregard what I said about Stinger being a port of the first arcade Twinbee game, it's actually the unique second entry in the series and features occasional horizontal levels. Anyways, it's a great little shmup, get it,

tolkir

Thank you IARC! Got my AU rating. So nice to now have this done for free. Can only see this as a great thing for EU & AU gamers.

Awesome news. I hope others publishers do similar with unreleased games in PAL land, as Bomb Monkey or Unchained Blades.

Gurrry

You can't use SD cards with your Wii U for anything (exceptions are not worth mentioning). You can try moving the data to a USB drive or USB hard drive and tehn formatting that (entire) drive on your PC (since you can't access the data on it once it's been formatted for your Wii U).

If I were to move over all of my save data and other game information to a USB stick, then format my Wii U, I would save all my mario maker and smash brothers saves and be able to re-download them after the format, correct?

The flash drive I have cant take all of MH3U because its too big. But If I am able to atleast move the saves that I care about over to the stick then format, im hoping that will atleast erase the game from the drive.

I called nintendo and they want to charge me 100 bucks to send it it in for repair.

yeah.. not doing that.

JoeM86

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon pre-purchase added in North America. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Bonus Theme will be available at launch for free if you do.

Umibozu

If I were to move over all of my save data and other game information to a USB stick, then format my Wii U, I would save all my mario maker and smash brothers saves and be able to re-download them after the format, correct?
That's the worst possible thing to do

Gurrry

That's the worst possible thing to do

How so? The Wii U itself wont delete the game, I cant access the game.

Hell, anytime I try to open it, it makes me download the update.. then during the installation of the update (not the download) it hangs up and doesnt install.

This is the ONLY game that this is occurring with. Im running out of options.

Im gonna try to get a 10gb stick and "move" the game over to it, but I have a feeling that wont work either. So my only 2 options left would be to format or send it in.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• SDK Paint is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 6 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 13.
  • Nano Assault Neo is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 26.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Battleminer (Wobbly Tooth | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Siesta Fiesta is 75 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 12.
  • The Keep is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 18.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is 25 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 9 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 23.

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• SDK Paint (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €2.99/£2.99 (Ends November 11, normally €4.49/£3.99)
  • Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia) - €7.49/£6.70 (Ends November 26, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • 99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends December 3, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends December 3, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends December 3, normally €6.99/£6.29)

• Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (NIS America)
    Let the Demon Grow (€0.99 | £0.89) Upcoming 11/06
    Lost Demon Rescue (Free) Upcoming 11/06

• Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward (Nintendo | Demo)
  • The Legend of Dark Witch (Circle Ent. | Demo)
  • Battleminer (Wobbly Tooth | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Siesta Fiesta (Mojo Bones) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends November 12, normally €4.49/£3.99) EVERYONE BUY THIS!
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends November 12, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends December 3, normally €2.99/£2.36)

uxwGK.png
Wednesdays, 2 P.M. JST

Javier

How so? The Wii U itself wont delete the game, I cant access the game.

Hell, anytime I try to open it, it makes me download the update.. then during the installation of the update (not the download) it hangs up and doesnt install.

This is the ONLY game that this is occurring with. Im running out of options.

Im gonna try to get a 10gb stick and "move" the game over to it, but I have a feeling that wont work either. So my only 2 options left would be to format or send it in.
This is not the solution you want, but if you're willing to spend a couple of months without playing MHU3, you might as well wait until the new "Nintendo Account" system rolls in early next year, which is confirmed to support cloud saves so it MIGHT let you format the console while retaining all your saves.

Again, this is not the best solution and I'm sure it's not the one you wanted to hear, but it is an option if you're willing to wait.

TheMoon

The flash drive I have cant take all of MH3U because its too big. But If I am able to atleast move the saves that I care about over to the stick then format, im hoping that will atleast erase the game from the drive.

I called nintendo and they want to charge me 100 bucks to send it it in for repair.

yeah.. not doing that.

Formatting the system will make it not be associated with the hard drive anymore so you'd need to reformat that one as well and you'd lose that data anyway. The only way to get out of this is if you can move just the MH3U data off the internal memory and if you can't do that ...sol. :/

Gurrry

This is not the solution you want, but if you're willing to spend a couple of months without playing MHU3, you might as well wait until the new "Nintendo Account" system rolls in early next year, which is confirmed to support cloud saves so it MIGHT let you format the console while retaining all your saves.

Again, this is not the best solution and I'm sure it's not the one you wanted to hear, but it is an option if you're willing to wait.

I was thinking this is also an option as well. However, if I move my saves to a USB stick, then format, would my saves be usable once its back to factory settings? Do I lose all of my digital games?

This whole system is so confusing that I am tempted to just give up. Its really stupid that if one game becomes corrupt you are litterally jammed into a corner of basically paying for repairs or buying a new console. That is pretty shitty.

Gurrry

see above.

Yeah I see that now. Jesus, why is it that it allows us to move saves but then makes them unusable if we format the internal drive? Like what is the point of even moving saves if you cant move them from console to console or in extreme situations like mine?

I guess Ill just have to go buy a 10 gb drive and try to move it. My guess is that it wont work either and Ill be down 15 bucks.. but I guess thats better than 100.

What a shitty shitty shitty situation. Thanks alot MH3U.

Having said that, I really appreciate all of the help you guys have been. Sorry for cluttering up this thread with my nonsense.. I just figured you guys were the most knowledgeable about digital games on Wii U (turns out I was right).

Again, thanks alot of the help. Ill let you guys know if I can fix it.

Pokemaniac

Yeah I see that now. Jesus, why is it that it allows us to move saves but then makes them unusable if we format the internal drive? Like what is the point of even moving saves if you cant move them from console to console or in extreme situations like mine?

I guess Ill just have to go buy a 10 gb drive and try to move it. My guess is that it wont work either and Ill be down 15 bucks.. but I guess thats better than 100.

Having said that, I really appreciate all of the help you guys have been. Sorry for cluttering up this thread with my nonsense.. I just figured you guys were the most knowledgeable about digital games on Wii U (turns out I was right).

If you send it in for repair, Nintendo might be able to save your data. They're usually pretty good at that, but it isn't always possible when data corruption is involved, as seems likely with how you describe your issue.

TheMoon

Well, it's a shit situation and it sucks that they haven't had a cloud save system in place to circumvent this crap but it's also understandable why they went this route after modified save files were they way people cracked their Wiis wide open last gen. So they went the route of not letting you get your saves off the hardware (and back onto it) by any means. Which is crap but at least the Nintendo Account thing will finally introduce cloud saves. Just a question of whether it's available from the get go or if they join the paywall club for this stuff (which is very unlikely given prior statements but not entirely impossible).

Very happy with the VC release for this week. I want more stuff like this (games we didn't get on Wii's VC).

Speaking of Konami, I hope Operation C, Belmont's Revenge, and Kid Dracula make it over to NX. I'm not expecting them on 3DS at this point.

Top Bottom