• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2015

maxcriden

Yeah. I've been following Nintendo pretty closely for the past 15 years or so and I have never seen them this silent for such a long period of time.

Same. At least 15 years for me. Well. I guess about 15 years incl. the internet, and then a good ... hmm... few years of game magazines here and there before that. I think prior to Directs there were often sparse periods with no news, but I don't think there's been such a dry period for news from them in ages.

Pokemaniac

Calm before the storm.
I hope

Nintendo Direct with new Club Nintendo announcement mustn't be far.

We know that the new Club Nintendo is called My Nintendo, and will launch in March. This was announced in the investor briefing.

Pokemaniac

it's all coming at the same time. miitomo, my nintendo, nintendo account. at least that's how I understood it and seems like it make sense.

That's one way to interpret it, yes, but the interesting thing is that My Nintendo is clearly separate from the core of Nintendo Accounts, and that has an explicit release date, but Nintendo Accounts don't.

Not only that, but there's a decent technical argument to separating the launches. The last time something like this happened (the transition from hardware based eShop accounts to NNID on 3DS), the conversion process proved to be a pretty bad bottleneck which was a significant contributing factor to the Christmas Pokemon Bank disaster. Assuming that the Nintendo Account conversion process must be manually triggered (it could go either way, but there are reasons to think that it might not happen until you authorize it) it would be beneficial to separate the launches a bit to alleviate server load.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't mind some sales on Black Friday, but I'm expecting more from the 3rd parties than Nintendo themselves, considering last year being very "meeeh".

As for My Nintendo, I just hope to be rewarded for downloading so many games again, maybe kept track of everything I've downloaded since Club Nintendo went down (highly doubt it, though). The mention of coupons makes me wonder if we'll see somewhat of a return of the Digital Deluxe Promo.

Pokemaniac

I wouldn't mind some sales on Black Friday, but I'm expecting more from the 3rd parties than Nintendo themselves, considering last year being very "meeeh".

As for My Nintendo, I just hope to be rewarded for downloading so many games again, maybe kept track of everything I've downloaded since Club Nintendo went down (highly doubt it, though). The mention of coupons makes me wonder if we'll see somewhat of a return of the Digital Deluxe Promo.

My Nintendo should be directly integrated with the account system, so it should be able to see any purchases you've ever made.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Digitally, sure, but I doubt it's going to remember all the physical games I've bought & the codes I redeemed.

Still, if Nintendo somehow rewarded you for being a previous fan with all the digital stuff downloaded over the years, that would be nice.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We all know a Direct is coming, so I suppose it's just a matter of weeks, if not days.

Also, both Japan and Europe need a brand new Mario & Luigi trailer: the game comes out in less than a month and, aside from short videos on the official site, no new trailer. Every Nintendo title gets at least a trailer near the release date. I believe it could be shown in the upcoming Direct

Platy

Just had my external HDD disconnect a second time over the past while on my Wii U.

I have a Seagate 2TB external powered USB HDD, I checked Google and a popular cause could be it's idle mode or something, so hopefully it's not that it's dying.

Model number:

Seagate Expansion 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (STBV2000100) (This was in Nintendo's list of tested HDDs)

I read one use that trick of disabling the disk spinning or whatever via the Wii U menu settings. Is that the cure? Any ideas guys?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You can choose between many different "machines", so you can play & try for Animal Crossing or Zelda or Mario or software icons & such. You can even spread your plays among different machines. If you play the practice machine each day, you might get some free plays if you get lucky. Pretty much, you CAN pay if you want (in fact, if you pay for 10 plays, or $2, you can get a theme), or you can just aim for trying once per day.

I forgot you can place badges on folders, now I have a GB on my folder for GB/C games.

Looks like next week, Japan is getting only Mega Man Battle Network 6 as their VC games. Maybe some Wii games from the Direct are getting announced. They are also getting Affordable Space Adventures. On the 3DS there's a couple retail titles (including Shantae) and a space shooter called Noah's Cradle from Silver Star

Wii games on the eShop is likely the worst missed opportunity (aside from GC game of course), it's a crime it's been so neglected.

I'm waiting for games like Xenoblade and The Last Story in NA, and also 3rd-party games.

Thank god Metroid Prime Trilogy is on it, that's one NO ONE ever thought we'd see, and for TWENTY DOLLARS?! O_O

That helps, for sure.

Pokemaniac

Just had my external HDD disconnect a second time over the past while on my Wii U.

I have a Seagate 2TB external powered USB HDD, I checked Google and a popular cause could be it's idle mode or something, so hopefully it's not that it's dying.

Model number:

Seagate Expansion 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (STBV2000100) (This was in Nintendo's list of tested HDDs)

I read one use that trick of disabling the disk spinning or whatever via the Wii U menu settings. Is that the cure? Any ideas guys?

Definitely disable spin down if you haven't already. Instructions here.

If it still happens after that, then you should worry.

VLiberty

Let me se eif I can remember them :p
Chibi Robo
DB Extreme Butoden
Gravity Falls
and maybe 1 or 2 whose name escapes me atm @_@

Uhh completely forgot about the Gravity Falls game. Never watched the show but I'm interested as it's an Ubiart platformer...let me know how's it!

Tizoc

Uhh completely forgot about the Gravity Falls game. Never watched the show but I'm interested as it's an Ubiart platformer...let me know how's it!

I've put in an hour so far, if you're a fan of the show you'll enjoy it more.
It's a slow paced platformer adventure game, so go in with low expectations. The gameplay isn't something to write home about, but it's simple enough for kids to play and not be frustrated.

Here's a review from a GAFfer in the game's OT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182779835&postcount=42

What I like most about the game is the humor and interacting with the characters, I can even hear their voices when I read their lines hah.

jmizzal

Wii games on the eShop is likely the worst missed opportunity (aside from GC game of course), it's a crime it's been so neglected.

I'm waiting for games like Xenoblade and The Last Story in NA, and also 3rd-party games.

Thank god Metroid Prime Trilogy is on it, that's one NO ONE ever thought we'd see, and for TWENTY DOLLARS?! O_O

That helps, for sure.

wow I didnt know Xenoblade didnt come out the NA WiiU VC, NOA is so terrible

Yeah I'm still waiting on Xenoblade on the eShop. There's no way I'm laying down over 100 canadian bucks on ebay or similar sites for something that I know has a chance, however slight, of being available for 20ish dollars on the eShop. I'm hoping NOA puts it up near Xenoblade X's release, because they have a weird habit of doing that.

Ondore

Tomorrow's NA releases: Girls Like Robots, Word Party, Test Your Brain, Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX (VC) for Wii U, Horse Life 4 and Johnny's Payday Panic (3DS).

donny2112

How's Contra Advance? I'm in the mood for a classic shoot 'em up.

It's a port of Contra III except they replaced the Mode 7 SNES levels with levels from the Genesis version, IIRC. Contra III SNES on VC would probably be the better choice, I think.

VLiberty

I've put in an hour so far, if you're a fan of the show you'll enjoy it more.
It's a slow paced platformer adventure game, so go in with low expectations. The gameplay isn't something to write home about, but it's simple enough for kids to play and not be frustrated.

Here's a review from a GAFfer in the game's OT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182779835&postcount=42

What I like most about the game is the humor and interacting with the characters, I can even hear their voices when I read their lines hah.

Thanks. If I'll get into the show I'll try to get the game as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, Konami's been on a VC roll lately, it seems. Konami Krazy Racers (well in EU so far), Contra EX, & Stinger, which wasn't even on the US Wii VC.

......& yet we still probably won't get the N64 Goemon games....

Top Bottom