• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2015

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Super Mario Maker - €39.99 / £34.99
The Swindle – €12.49 / £9.99
Star Sky – €4.00 / £3.60

3DS
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - €39.99 / £29.99
Etrian Mystery Dungeon - €39.99 / £34.99

===============
Price Reductions

Wii U

Trine Enchanted Edition – €6.49 / £5.49 / CHF 8.99 until 10/10/2015
Trine 2: Director’s Cut – €8.49 / £6.99 / CHF 9.99 until 10/10/2015
TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition – €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.49 until 01/10/2015

3DS

AeternoBlade– €7.99 / £7.19 / CHF 11.00 until 08/10/2015
AiRace Speed – €2.39 / £2.10 / CHF 3.39 until 08/10/2015
AiRace Xeno – €1.69 / £1.59 / CHF 2.39 until 08/10/2015
escapeVektor – €3.49 / £ 2.99 / CHF 4.99 until 24/09/2015

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sorry if it has already been asked but how big of a file is Mario Maker ? Hope i dont have to clear the fridge for my digital version.

ramparter

Banned
Me too, I'm loving the new standardised price of £34.99 for digital retail Nintendo games.
I wish it was standarised, Woolly World was 50€. But I honestly never expected Nintendo to price SMM at 40€ when games like NSMBU are still 60 at the eshop.

The physical release of Mario Maker costs €50/£40.

It can argued the book costs are the reason for a cost saving here (discs is one thing but I recall the book is 100 pages so quite a bit more than your usual 20 page art booklet pre-order gift).

So if you want cheaper digital games, pray for more physical gifts?

You then have regional decision differences I suppose as the game is a $60 title in Americo including the eShop version but they can phone Nintendo to have the physical book delivered to them.

Unless somebody has opened the eShop to verify it could still be one of those press release gaffes.

Tizoc

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Star Sky – €4.00 / £3.60

3DS

===============
Price Reductions

Wii U

3DS

Meh
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH
Come on Sonic 2 3DS! Less than 2 weeks to go!

Sorry if it has already been asked but how big of a file is Mario Maker ? Hope i dont have to clear the fridge for my digital version.

The game size is 1.4 GB and the save data will be about 80 MB. (Source)
Keep in mind that you will be able to save 120 custom courses. (I think that includes downloaded or your own creations.)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The game size is 1.4 GB and the save data will be about 80 MB. (Source)
Keep in mind that you will be able to save 120 custom courses. (I think that includes downloaded or your own creations.)

Thanks mans - perfect size i knew it wouldnt be too large considering how large NSMB U and co were but its good to have the confirmation. Should be a quick download as well - glad i went digital with this one.

GRW810

Might finally give EscapeVector a go. It's been cheaper though hasn't it?

Super Mario Maker at retail, obvs.

TheMoon

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Star Sky – €4.00 / £3.60

3DS

===============
Price Reductions

Wii U

3DS

full PR

note that The Swindle is doing a launch discount!

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

The Swindle (Curve Digital) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends September 24, normally €14.99/£11.99)
The Swindle is a steampunk cybercrime caper about breaking into buildings, hacking their systems, stealing all their cash, and quickly running away again before the police show up.

London, 1849. Scotland Yard will soon activate its breakthrough surveillance technology: "The Devil's Basilisk". Its surveillance capabilities will be total and your career as a master thief will be over. Steal it before that can happen. From the safety of your rickety airship, you can modify your thief with new skills, tools, and all manner of technological horrors to tackle the richest and most secure buildings in London. All the buildings you’ll be robbing are randomly-generated, so you’ll never get the same level twice. Have you got what it takes to pull off The Swindle?

Star Sky (JMJ Interactive) - €4.00/£3.60
Star Sky is a game about a man taking a midnight stroll through a starlit field. Explore the night and all it has to offer. There are secrets to unlock, and for those who make it to the end, there are a lot of interesting things to reflect about. It is a peaceful experience and a game about enjoying the world around you. Make choices, watch what happens, unlock secrets. The game is meant to be a relaxing experience focusing on creating a soothing atmosphere rather than intense gameplay. It is similar to an interactive poem, that has several endings and allow you to explore different scenarios. It is important that you take your time and allow yourself to feel the game as you play it.

Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, available September 11) - €39.99/£34.99
With a practically infinite number of courses, Super Mario Maker – only available on Wii U – is packed with endless Mario fun everyone can enjoy!

For fans who purchase Super Mario Maker on Nintendo eShop, a PDF of the Artbook will be available on Nintendo's official Super Mario Maker website.

Special offers
Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte) - €6.49/£5.49 (Ends October 10, normally €12.99/£10.99)
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €8.49/£6.99 (Ends October 10, normally €16.99/£13.99)
TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends October 1, normally €7.99/£6.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (SEGA, available September 11) - €39.99/£29.99
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX is a 3D rhythm action game starring the world’s most famous virtual singer, Hatsune Miku. Project Mirai DX features 48 full-length versions of fan-favourite songs, with multiple play styles and game modes that people of any age or skill level can enjoy. Join the Miku phenomenon by expressing yourself through fun creative tools, sharing your cute customisations, and experiencing some of the best music from the world’s favourite digital diva!

Etrian Mystery Dungeon (NIS America) - €39.99/£34.99
Far off in the mountains, the small village Aslarga becomes a hub for adventurers looking for fame and fortune from the Mystery Dungeons. But dire challenges await even the most stalwart adventurers in Etrian Mystery Dungeon, a turn-based action RPG roguelike developed by ATLUS and Spike Chunsoft. The Nintendo 3DS exclusive mixes Etrian Odyssey’s vast RPG party and skill customization aspects, and Mystery Dungeon’s infinitely random dungeon adventures. The action/turn based combat means that battling monsters is not just about using the right skills, but becomes an elegant Pas de Quatre of strategic positioning. Players form their parties with familiar Etrian Odyssey classes, customise individuals using Etrian-style skill trees, and then take up to four members into the dungeons. Always randomised with various levels and paths, the dungeons require plenty of exploration, not to mention the incredible loot rewards – just be wary of what waits among the deepest depths.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a wanderer for me (NIS America, Add-on content) - €1.79/£1.59
Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Know the Red Pookas (NIS America, Add-on content) - €1.79/£1.59
Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a princess for me (NIS America, Add-on content) - €1.79/£1.59
Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a landsknecht for me (NIS America, Add-on content) - €1.34/£1.19
Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Slay the Gold Guardians (NIS America, Add-on content) - €1.34/£1.19

Samurai Defender Demo (CIRCLE Ent.) - Free
Samurai Defender is a simple defence-type action game set in the Warring States period of Japan. Defend your castle from approaching enemies! They will move towards the castle gate, so take aim and stop them from getting too close. Defend your castle more easily by levelling up your bowman and using coins to learn new schemes. Enjoy the exhilaration of repelling waves of enemy attacks!

Special offers
AeternoBlade (CORECELL) - €7.99/£7.19 (Ends October 8, normally €14.99/£13.50)
AiRace Speed (QubicGames) - €2.39/£2.10 (Ends October 8, normally €3.49/£3.10)
AiRace Xeno (QubicGames) - €1.69/£1.59 (Ends October 8, normally €2.49/£2.29)
escapeVektor (Nnooo) - €3.49/£2.99 (Ends September 24, normally €6.99/£5.99)

maxcriden

Yo, guys. When does Twilight Princess get good? I played it back in 2006 on GCN but it's a bit of a blur at this point. I remember enjoying it but I don't think I loved it. But I appreciate diverse mechanics in Zelda games in general more now than I did then.

Anyway, my wife and I are playing the game and we've gone through Zora's Domain and it's okay so far. The first couple dungeons weren't really remarkable...I don't really like walking upside down in games. It was also quite a slog to get to the first dungeon at least. I say this as someone who is pretty forgiving of Zelda game's perceived flaws. Shrug, so, I dunno. Will the game get considerably better in terms of compelling-ness and dungeon design, et al.?

(Also, the Twilight Realm stuff is a little rough on the eyes. Are we almost done with that being such a significant visual part of the game, since we cleared out I think most of the twilight?)

Thanks !
I'll delete Pikmin 3 then. I guess I can keep the save file while erasing the game right ?

Yes, should be okay I think. Just be careful which parts you delete. It should be clear which is the save data and which is the game itself.

Yo, guys. When does Twilight Princess get good? I played it back in 2006 on GCN but it's a bit of a blur at this point. I remember enjoying it but I don't think I loved it. But I appreciate diverse mechanics in Zelda games in general more now than I did then.

Anyway, my wife and I are playing the game and we've gone through Zora's Domain and it's okay so far. The first couple dungeons weren't really remarkable...I don't really like walking upside down in games. It was also quite a slog to get to the first dungeon at least. I say this as someone who is pretty forgiving of Zelda game's perceived flaws. Shrug, so, I dunno. Will the game get considerably better in terms of compelling-ness and dungeon design, et al.?

(Also, the Twilight Realm stuff is a little rough on the eyes. Are we almost done with that being such a significant visual part of the game, since we cleared out I think most of the twilight?)

Yeah, the first three dungeons can seem a bit boring because they're pretty easy. I think the 3rd one (water temple) was ok, but most people would agree it gets better after that.

The twilight sections are mostly over, there will only be one more twilight area towards the end of the game, but it won't be a tedious light bug fetch quest like before.

Xenoboy

I still don't know if I want to buy the Mario Maker in retail or DD.
Is the artbook really around 100 pages long? It doesn't like like that when I see it on the net.

maxcriden

Yeah, the first three dungeons can seem a bit boring because they're pretty easy. I think the 3rd one (water temple) was ok, but most people would agree it gets better after that.

The twilight sections are mostly over, there will only be one more twilight area towards the end of the game, but it won't be a tedious light bug fetch quest like before.

Okay, very cool. Thank you! Glad to hear it as I don't remember the game all too well in specifics. You know, it's funny that we've disliked the twilight aesthetic given how much we loved the Silent Realm sections of Skyward Sword, though those had some very creative gameplay mechanics to them.

TheMoon

Yes you're almost done with the Twilight Realm, though I believe the end-part features that filter again. Your next stop is the cool desert temple where you get one of the coolest items in the game and then there's the sky dungeon. Cool stuff coming up.

reposted reply since you spammed this in the zelda community thread too :p

maxcriden

Yes you're almost done with the Twilight Realm, though I believe the end-part features that filter again. Your next stop is the cool desert temple where you get one of the coolest items in the game and then there's the sky dungeon. Cool stuff coming up.

reposted reply since you spammed this in the zelda community thread too :p

I figured this one was more likely to have you see it, TheMoon. ;)

My next stop is the Water Temple, I thought, though? Did the Zora's Domain stuff but not gotten to the Temple yet. I think. *checks ZeldaDungeon.net* Yes. Lakebed Temple next up. I realllly don't remember much of what awaits in the game, just what some of the dungeons look like. Some scene under Karariko village when I'm in search of some macguffin, maybe those mirror shards I saw mentioned which ring a vague bell...some boss fights. I'm sure I didn't get too deep into the sidequests of the GCN version so we'll definitely focus on that. It is disorienting to have the map flipped, though. Still getting accustomed to it.

Anyway, thank you!

TheMoon

I figured this one was more likely to have you see it, TheMoon. ;)

My next stop is the Water Temple, I thought, though? Did the Zora's Domain stuff but not gotten to the Temple yet. I think. *checks ZeldaDungeon.net* Yes. Lakebed Temple next up. I realllly don't remember much of what awaits in the game, just what some of the dungeons look like. Some scene under Karariko village when I'm in search of some macguffin, maybe those mirror shards I saw mentioned which ring a vague bell...some boss fights. I'm sure I didn't get too deep into the sidequests of the GCN version so we'll definitely focus on that. It is disorienting to have the map flipped, though. Still getting accustomed to it.

Anyway, thank you!

Oooh I thought you were done with all the Zora-related stuff :D

TheMoon

Nah, got that water temple next. It's not the best dungeon in the game, though, eh?

I dunno, I liked it. Replayed the game earlier this year for the first time since it came out. The water dungeon made a lot more sense than it did originally (I remember being very confused back then).

maxcriden

I dunno, I liked it. Replayed the game earlier this year for the first time since it came out. The water dungeon made a lot more sense than it did originally (I remember being very confused back then).

Oh, cool. Glad you enjoyed it more this go-around. I don't really remember it at the moment but I'll be sure to post my thoughts once we play it. Thinking we might go back to finish up Pikmin 3 first, still have that tricky final boss to get through

Roo

Is Never Alone any good?
I just saw it's on sale. It reminds me of Child of Light (which I love)

Javier

Oh, cool. Glad you enjoyed it more this go-around. I don't really remember it at the moment but I'll be sure to post my thoughts once we play it. Thinking we might go back to finish up Pikmin 3 first, still have that tricky final boss to get through
The Arbiter's Grounds (which I think it's the dungeon after the Water Temple) has the best boss fight ever in the series.

maxcriden

Is Never Alone any good?

It has crazy mixed reviews. Haven't played it myself. Seems pretty polarizing from everything I've read.

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/never alone/results

The Arbiter's Grounds (which I think it's the dungeon after the Water Temple) has the best boss fight ever in the series.

One of the few boss fights I do vaguely remember, at the very least because I always see it pop up on best of lists. :) Gonna be hard to top Koloktos!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So far Disney Infinity is giving Splatoon a run for it's money for my favorite Wii U title this year. Granted DI is more of a co-op affair where as Splat is all about competitive MP.

Oregano

The demo for one of them had some pretty annoying slowdowns. Does the full game still have those?

To be honest it's been a while since I've played them but I do remember some slowdown in the busier parts. YMMV because I'm not as sensitive to it as a lot of people.

Is Never Alone any good?

It's an enjoyable little game. It took me about 3 hours to beat, but there's a bunch of information on the traditions and culture of the people that the myth comes from, and I'm into that kind of stuff, so it was definitely worth it for me. The game itself is a platformer/puzzle game with a couple of interesting twists.

The truth is that it doesn't ever get good. It has good moments and it has dull moments, and both persist throughout the game. Some of the later dungeons are worth looking at, and I can wholeheartedly recommend. The 4th and 5th dungeons, specifically, with the 7th being pretty good too. I include the respective boss fights in those statements. The pacing never improves (and loses itself entirely after dungeon 6), after the 3rd dungeon you've seen everything interesting that the story has to offer, the combat sadly never improves, it's going to pull a bait-and-switch at the end that you'll be indifferent to, the exploration is more of what you've already seen (poor). Basically, if you aren't feeling it after the 4th and 5th dungeons, there's not much of a reason to continue, as you've already seen the best parts. It's just a dull game, overall.

Please note, that I without a doubt consider this the worst Zelda ever, so if you are enjoying the game, my viewpoints probably won't be that helpful.

Roo

It has crazy mixed reviews. Haven't played it myself. Seems pretty polarizing from everything I've read.

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/never alone/results

It's an enjoyable little game. It took me about 3 hours to beat, but there's a bunch of information on the traditions and culture of the people that the myth comes from, and I'm into that kind of stuff, so it was definitely worth it for me. The game itself is a platformer/puzzle game with a couple of interesting twists.

Thanks guys.
Will do some thoughtful research about this game and I'll make my mind the last few days of the sale.
I assume I can't really go wrong with a $10 title but I just wanted to make sure first.

maxcriden

The truth is that it doesn't ever get good. It has good moments and it has dull moments, and both persist throughout the game. Some of the later dungeons are worth looking at, and I can wholeheartedly recommend. The 4th and 5th dungeons, specifically, with the 7th being pretty good too. I include the respective boss fights in those statements. The pacing never improves (and loses itself entirely after dungeon 6), after the 3rd dungeon you've seen everything interesting that the story has to offer, the combat sadly never improves, it's going to pull a bait-and-switch at the end that you'll be indifferent to, the exploration is more of what you've already seen (poor). Basically, if you aren't feeling it after the 4th and 5th dungeons, there's not much of a reason to continue, as you've already seen the best parts. It's just a dull game, overall.

Please note, that I without a doubt consider this the worst Zelda ever, so if you are enjoying the game, my viewpoints probably won't be that helpful.

Thanks, Beren. I appreciate your feedback, sincerely. I know we differ on Skyward Sword, so I'm wondering what you think of the other Zelda games?

GulAtiCa

I loved Twilight Princess. The only part I found annoying was the tedious light bug fetch quest.. Other then that, I really loved it.

It's Skyward Sword I'd say is the worst 3D Zelda in my opinion. But there is like 5 games, so someone has to be the worst. Hated the music notes quest, the repeated dungeons, one of the last triforce dungeon. Even then, I'd say Skyward Sword a 7/10, maybe 8/10. Loved the controls, the desert time mechanics, boss fights.

Simbabbad

I loved Twilight Princess. The only part I found annoying was the tedious light bug fetch quest.. Other then that, I really loved it.

It's Skyward Sword I'd say is the worst 3D Zelda in my opinion. But there is like 5 games, so someone has to be the worst. Hated the music notes quest, the repeated dungeons, one of the last triforce dungeon. Even then, I'd say Skyward Sword a 7/10, maybe 8/10. Loved the controls, the desert time mechanics, boss fights.
This.

jholmes

I think this is a little bit harsh in that I think the boss fights are probably the best part of Twilight Princess (especially if you haven't already played Shadow of the Colossus and might think they're really original) but I do agree Twilight Princess is a dull game. I think the controls are fine but it's just so uninteresting to play through.

However I also think this because Skyward Sword is a giant slog that just wastes the player's time for no reason. Bosses are repeated, you fly around in this big cloudy expanse doing NOTHING again and again, Fi will not stop repeating to you everything you just heard, the music notes are stupid and just pad an already very long game. That said I think Skyward Sword had some really good ideas as far as dungeons went. But yeah, probably the weakest in the series since the shift to 3D.

I started to think I was just souring on the series and maybe getting a little too sentimental but playing through the Wind Waker remake made me realize how great that game was and how pointless this franchise has been on consoles in 3D, except for Ocarina and Wind Waker.

BooJoh

Has anyone who preordered Mario Maker digitally and called in to order the book had any updates on their book order?

I got an email a couple days after my initial order saying there was an error with it and they had automatically created a new order for me, and checking my account showed the order processing, but now when I check my account it shows no orders at all and doing a manual check by order number doesn't show the newer order, only the older one with the status field blank.

I suppose I could call support about it tomorrow.

Top Bottom