• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

JoeM86

I swear people today are unable to detect irony without the use of emoticons :p

Sorry, should have been a bit clearer on that

We are on NeoGAF, though :p

I fear they will focus too much on old games (Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Zero 5, Rhythm Paradise All-Stars) instead of showing upcoming titles. Hope that I'm proven wrong.

We may get dates for them, but aside from Xenoblade, I don't see the others being "Digital Event worthy". They'd be the Press Release/Treehouse reveals

E-phonk

Banned
Wait...is people downtoning Sony's conf? really? :|
I see it as one of the best E3 conf ever...
btw, opinions, I guess?

Yeah, talking about opinions...
To me the Sony conference itself was great - it was the perfect dream conference on paper with the trinity of FF7, Shen-fucking-mue and The Last Guardian but... all three of these megaton announcements seem to be for late 2016 (TLG I would hope) to Q4 2017 (FF7, Shenmue). They are added to a long line-up of games that have been shown and releasing mid2016 and beyond.

It felt like 2015 had nothing added to it's line-up, only "exclusive content" and "console version launches first on ps4" announcements. Even No Mans Sky, the game people speculated would fill the Uncharted 4 gap in the line-up is now a 2016 title it seems (and not exclusive? I had the idea it was before). For me that leaves 2015 with bloodborne and... that's it.
Disclaimer: I don't play/like destiny/call of duty/assassins creed etc - the playstation games I would buy a PS4 for are : uncharted 4, dreams, Horizon, and to play games like dark souls3, FF7R etc without having to buy an expensive PC.

So the conference was GREAT - but content wise they didn't give me a reason to finally buy a PS4 right now. They showed me: "buy one in 2016 when our games actually arrive and the console is 100$ cheaper".

Will Nintendo do better? I already own a Wii U, so they have it a bit easier, I just hope they have some surprises.

EDIT: And I'll probably never buy an xbox, but cupboard and recore looked very interesting. Would want to play both.

Animal Crossing Wii U would already make the conference for me.

Really hope there's something Metroid for Wii U or 3DS. Just not Prime Hunters or Other M related.

Also wonder if we're going to hear something about Yo-Kai Watch.

Pokken Fighters Wii U maybe.

Really excited. Don't think it'll top Sony's conference for me though. They would need to show Zelda U, Metroid, F-Zero and another megaton to do that for me.

Felensis

Banned
Oh well GAF after two bomba press conferences from MS and Sony I have that sober feel that Nintendo won't deliver this year as they have done in 2014... 2012 and 2013 weren't quite underwhelming, too, but I still hope they will somehow deliver in today's Digital Event, because I fucking love this company and my body is more than ready!!!

/e: Oh, and I don't care about anything Animal Crossing so please let there be more 'surprises' than that... -_-

Oh well GAF after two bomba press conferences from MS and Sony I have that sober feel that Nintendo won't deliver this year as they have done in 2014... 2012 and 2013 weren't quite underwhelming, too, but I still hope they will somehow deliver in today's Digital Event, because I fucking love this company and my body is more than ready!!!

Presenting the wii U elite gamepad
$450 only, you can add a third joystick in the back too !

I feel like this year will be underwhelming. Starfox sounds promising, but that's about it. Unless they manage to contain leaks.
I couldn't give less shits about hyrule warriors 3DS.

Well, I never played through all of Final Fantasy 7 (loved 9 and 12), had Shenmue 2 on DC and thought it was tripe, and I'm always suspicious of anything that's been in development hell. So it's easy to understand why Sony's announcements, and that's all they are except for TLG, mean little to me at this present time. But shit, give Star Fox by Treasure or Platinum, with some fine ass gameplay footage, and I'll be happy as shit.

edit - I should say Sony's other games looked fine, but people are mostly talking about the big three.

this is going to be all new to me never own a Playstation until last year so I have many games I've never played

FF7 might take a few years to come out Shenmue 3 has a 2017 date on it?
We will be seeing more of these games in the next 2 E3s

NX will be out before those titles that is for sure lol but I'll buy them

PS4 exclusive games seem to take a long ass time that is why I hope we do not regret Nintendo every having hardware that needs extra years to create AAA titles

Peru

Hopefully we'll get some solid titles but this is a resting year for Nintendo e3...next year will deliver the bombs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nintendo's conference will be better than Sony's by default.

Because one doesn't have to be up at 2am to watch it.

Oddish1

I wonder if we can expect HD ports since they're comparatively easier and cheaper to do than brand new games and Windwaker HD was successful. With Nintendo being spread thin, I'm surprised this is something they haven't been doing more of.

Taker666

So rumour wise we have-

Tantalus game - Possibly Minecraft : Nintendo edition
Cute fantasy game from Disney (art leaked a few months ago)
Paper Mario Wii U- rumoured
Animal Crossing Wii U - seems likely due to the amiibo leak
Retro Studios Wii U game
Next Level Games Wii U game (although they posted "the wait continues" a week or so ago).
Another HD remake (long rumoured)

Anything else?

Fuchs

Why do you guys want a remake of Twilight Princess?
I liked it pretty much, but a lot of people don't hold it highly. Also it'll look pretty ugly, if they just reuse the textures in slightly high-res.

Hyrule Warriors for 3DS will be the only Zelda game shown at today's event, surely.

My predictions will be:

- that Diddy Kong game by Retro
- Animal Crossing U
- Super Mario Maker
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- an Indie reel
- Nintendo Land 3DS
- Blast Ball (hopefully Metroid related...)
- and finally Starfox U (includes Project Guard and Giant Robot elements.. :( )

AniHawk

So rumour wise we have-

Retro Studios Wii U game
Next Level Games Wii U game (although they posted "the wait continues" a week or so ago).

Anything else?

mother 3 vc

Shaanyboi

Banned
I will be super disappointed if their big announcement is another Animal Crossing. I do not give a fuck about that franchise, it bores the shit out of me, no thank you.

So rumour wise we have-

Retro Studios Wii U game

Anything else?

FFVI and chrono trigger remake (rumoured by myself because why the fuck not this is how rumours work)

CassSept

Well, I never played through all of Final Fantasy 7 (loved 9 and 12), had Shenmue 2 on DC and thought it was tripe, and I'm always suspicious of anything that's been in development hell. So it's easy to understand why Sony's announcements, and that's all they are except for TLG, mean little to me at this present time. But shit, give Star Fox by Treasure or Platinum, with some fine ass gameplay footage, and I'll be happy as shit.

edit - I should say Sony's other games looked fine, but people are mostly talking about the big three.

It's because they're absolutely massive. I'm not really interested in a single one of them, pretty much anything Nintendo shows today will be more impactful for me, but the convergence of THESE 3 titles is insane, absolutely insane. For Nintendo fans that would be like they announced F-Zero U, new Metroid and I don't know, Mother 4 by Itoi? today. But even that's not even close enough to the significance of Sony's offering. These are improbable games with 10+ years of hype.

AdanVC

Well I'm going to bed now 4:22 am here. I'm probably not going to be able to be watch the digital event because work but good thing there's the Treehouse stream all day so we can discuss the newly announced megatons such as Wii Music U and Blastball feat. Chibi Robo.

No but seriously, here's to an awesome show from Nintendo. I'm sure they will drop some megatons. In Nintendo we trust. Good night :D

Violet_0

Banned
they absolutely have to show some Zelda footage. At the very least I want to see Link's new companion for this game (there's always a companion)

Sendou

What if they threw a curve ball and made a "Diddy Kong" game but it was a 3D platformer? I could find the power in my heart to accept that.

TBH still not convinced that trademark indicates a game.

It's because they're absolutely massive. I'm not really interested in a single one of them, pretty much anything Nintendo shows today will be more impactful for me, but the convergence of THESE 3 titles is insane, absolutely insane. For Nintendo fans that would be like they announced F-Zero U, new Metroid and I don't know, Mother 4 by Itoi? today. But even that's not even close enough to the significance of Sony's offering. These are improbable games with 10+ years of hype.

Only massive one is shenmue 3 for obvious reasons
Then you have a remake and a vaporware that was announced like 6 years ago ? Point is it was already announced, people hype it up because they had let it die

So rumour wise we have-

Retro Studios Wii U game

Anything else?

Tantalus?

?oe?oe

Hopefully the new Animal Crossing doesn't take up too much time (or is their big reveal to be frank). I'm over the series and all its features would be best shown at Treehouse.

Going to bed soon. E3 has been terrific thus far minus Suddenlink's unreliable internet going out for 5 hours right when Sony's conference started. Some amazing announcements already today, and I am hoping Nintendo will continue that trend tomorrow. Things I'd love to see from the Digital Event:

-Metroid Prime 4 for Wii U - this would make me feel the way Shenmue/FF VII remake/The Last Guardian made people feel today...I need it

-A new Legend of Zelda gameplay trailer - Although not at E3 this year, I hope to see something from this game

-Animal Crossing U - My wife, daughter, and I all play New Leaf, and having a Wii U version with caves to explore, cities to visit, and additional interactive objects would be an amazing family experience

-Mario Kart DLC - my household loves Mario Kart 8, the game is tremendous fun, please give us more

-Wii U system update with themes, enhanced activity log, real time interaction with friends list,etc

Okay, now for some unrealistic choices for Wii U:

-Viewtiful Joe 3

-Excite Truck 2

-Luigi's Mansion 3

-Shovel Knight N64 edition

-Super Mario Galaxy 3

-Nintendo All stars RPG

3DS:

-Metroid Dread

-GTA Chinatown Wars 2 (I loved the first game, 100% completion)

-A new Rad Racer

-Maximo 3

So many more, but I am done. Goodnight Gaf.

Porcile

Strangely enough, Mark from 8-4 correctly predicted Mother 1 would be coming, and also that it would be released straight away, he also predicted Mother 3. The NVC crew also predicted Mother 3 because of Lucas. The stars are aligning, but I just can't see it happening.

Also nine fucking years too late, and I already played an awesome translation on my GBA.

Taker666

Tantalus?

Tantalus Games (the family friendly side of Straight Right who did the ports of Mass Effect 3 and Deus ex for Wii U).

Supposed to be working on a "not hardcore" game for Wii U under the Tantalus label that's the "biggest thing they have done" that's out on Wii U this year. A port/remake of some sort. They said it was for a top notch publisher..which led to speculation it was Minecraft Wii U (although using the name notch might just have been a coincidence..so it could be anything).

I swear if Retro announces another Kong game, or any other game involving primates and barrels i will go ape shit.

MEtroid Prime 4 to have barrels confirmed

I think a game as crazy a Metroid Prime, a whole new look at an old but beloved franchise, that does something completely different, could be their megaton

Tantalus Games (the family friendly side of Straight Right who did the ports of Mass Effect 3 and Deus ex for Wii U).

Supposed to be working on a "not hardcore" game for Wii U under the Tantalus label that's the "biggest thing they have done" that's out on Wii U this year. A port/remake of some sort. They said it was for a top notch publisher..which led to speculation it was Minecraft Wii U.

hmmm that would be sweet

Strangely enough, Mark from 8-4 correctly predicted Mother 1 would be coming, and also that it would be released straight away, he also predicted Mother 3.
Mark does declare himself as the Gaming Jesus, but if he accurately prophecised Mother 3, I am building a shrine of worship to him.

Rich!

but really guys:

virtual-boy-trademark-eu.jpg

get ready for playing one of the the best platformers ever made on your N3DS

CassSept

Only massive one is shenmue 3 for obvious reasons
Then you have a remake and a vaporware that was announced like 6 years ago ? Point is it was already announced, people hype it up because they had let it die

Final Fantasy VII is by far the most requested game remake of all time. I remember when people went crazy for the PS3 tech demo back in 2005. It's absolutely crazy that it's really happening, because it's harder to do than your usual remake (you can't really base the game on existing FF7 because everything is pre-rendered). Every single year ever since I started following E3 fans asked for FF7 remake and it's actually happening.

TLG is a vaporware from 6 years ago, but it's a sequel to ICO and SotC that was as good as dead, it's nothing to scoff about. It being the conference opener, with an actual gameplay demo, on the same conference that Shenmue 3 and FF7R were announced, in hindsight it's just a cherry on top. Sony pulled a miracle.

Probably the general atmosphere of E3 helps too, this is easily the most eventful E3 since 2006.

xandaca

Nintendo should announce a crowdfunding campaign for a translation of Mother 3 for shits and giggles. Shenmue has proven people's willingness to be exploited for the sake of nostalgia, might as well hop on the gravy train.

squadr0n

All I want from Nintendo this year is a 2015 release date for Xenoblade and Fire Emblem If here and some more info on FIre Emblem X SMT. I doubt Bravely Second will be there but we need some games soon for both consoles!

Rich!

Nintendo should announce a crowdfunding campaign for a translation of Mother 3 for shits and giggles. Shenmue has proven people's willingness to be exploited for the sake of nostalgia, might as well hop on the gravy train.

uh

why? the translation is already available.

http://mother3.fobby.net/

That's why I really don't care whether Nintendo release Mother 3 here or not. There is absolutely no way they can match that fan translation - it's incredible.

GRW810

A new Prime game for Wii U would make this the greatest E3 ever for me.
Me too. That would be the best thing I could possibly wish for. I just have this feeling it's happening. Nintendo need a big game, Retro are working on something unannounced, it's been a while since the last Metroid game...

...the stars are aligned.

Darryl

Banned
So rumour wise we have-

Retro Studios Wii U game

Anything else?

ead was supposed to be working on a new ip (?). that one was been about a year

Top Bottom