• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

qko

So what are the odds of this happening tonight:

*Aonuma shows up*

"Remember when we said Zelda wouldn't be at E3? Well..."

*Aonuma grins*

"Please enjoy."

*5 minute Zelda trailer plays*

*GAF dies*

As the advocate for lower expectations, the Zelda trailer that plays will be Hyrule Warriors 3DS.

Delio

Sure are a lot of people saying Pokemon. I dont see that happening at all except for Mystery Dungeon. Animal Crossing is pretty much a yes and hopefully it's really good.

Darryl

Banned
Star Tropics 3
Metroid 6
Smash 4.5
Animal Crossing Galaxy
Please Understand
Soul Calibur x Nintendo
Isaac for Smash Bros

was this the right thread or did I jump the gun

AniHawk

i think the only thing i'm 100% sure on aside from seeing star fox is that there won't be dlc shown for existing games.

that's the sort of thing that seems like it would be shown afterwards.

JoeM86

Sure are a lot of people saying Pokemon. I dont see that happening at all except for Mystery Dungeon. Animal Crossing is pretty much a yes and hopefully it's really good.

Yep. We have a year off this year for Pokémon and so they are unlikely to reveal anything. At most, we'll get a title of the next Gen VI game, but we won't see it. That's a very slim chance, though.

i think the only thing i'm 100% sure on aside from seeing star fox is that there won't be dlc shown for existing games.

Totally agree. That's why we had the Smash presentation on Sunday rather than today.

RagnarokX

Sleep now, and drink the rum right before the event. It'll numb the pain.

SCENE: The end of the Digital Event:

REGGIE: "...who knew that Samus could run a daycare all by herself? She's just a woman, after all. But now you can take Samus on a baby-coddling adventure in Metroid: Other M 2 — the next great game from Retro Studios, in collaboration with Platinum Games and From Software, featuring gameplay for ages 3 and up."

*Reggie's eyes moisten as the camera slowly zooms in on his face. He takes on an even gentler tone, practically licking the inside of the listener's ear with his soft velvety tongue*

REGGIE: "But there's one more announcement..." *camera zooms in to Reggie's pockmarked skin* "One more world I'd like you to step inside, only on the WiiU."

*fireworks go off, a madman starts banging on a drum*

REGGIE: "WiiU Music: Wii Music 2!"

"The true meaning of Nintendo is humoring your sweet grandmother when she shows you the keyboard cat video. Now -you- can be the keyboard cat. Just use the GamePad touchscreen. You could even do -this-."

*Miyamoto walks onscreen, the GamePad slung over his shoulder, dangling at his waist by a guitar strap. He starts playing it like a keytar.*

MIYAMOTO: "THIS, IS, SO, FRUN. IT MAKES ME... SO HWAPPY."

TRINEN: "This is so fun... It makes me so happy."

REGGIE: "It's the latest game from EAD Tokyo. Every team there is working on it. Thank you for tuning into this year's E3 Digital Event."

*Smash logo appears onscreen*

*Sakurai appears*

SAKURAI: "But that's not all, Reggie!" *pause for fans gasping* "There is one more game — and it's NOT Smash. Please, take a look."

*trailer plays for Amiibo Scalp*

SAKURAI: "I grew bored of Smash DLC, so I have canceled the Fighter Ballot. I was considering doing a sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising instead, or perhaps a new Mega Man. Capcom gave me their blessing. But instead, I'm making Amiibo Scalp."

"In Amiibo Scalp, you play the role of a scalper who preorders and buys amiibo before other people can get them. To obtain the amiibo in the game, you must have the amiibo in real life. By tapping your Mario amiibo to the GamePad, your scalper will have the Mario amiibo in-game. Now your in-game character can make exorbitant profits off NPCs like 'Desperate Dad Trying to Not Ruin Christmas For His 5-Year-Old Daughter.' You can really turn the screws on them."

*Footage of shady-looking guy talking to a teary dad. Dialogue tree: "You wouldn't want to disappoint your child, would you?"*

SAKURAI: "Amiibo Scalp is our big holiday title this winter."

First footage:
DifferentDesertedGoat.gif

Sandfox

I have no idea what to expect other than release dates for games we know are coming this year.

I think a new Mario Kart pack is possible.

Addi

- Zelda U trailer and gameplay, demo available to download right after event, release date turns out to be Christmas 2015 after all.
- Balloon Fighter HD, same mechanics, only in HD
- 5 new Smash characters available right after event, even thought they just released new ones two days ago
- Mr. Game and Watch 3d platformer for 3ds, since he is flat, the mechanics revolve around that.
- Splatoon DLC, they talk about it for 30 minutes
- Announcement that after MGS V, Kojima will be making new IPs games for nintendo
- Metroid Pinball U

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We are about 7,5 hours away from the Digital Event and NoA's E3 2015 press site is still not up (the press site for E3 2014 was up five days before the Digital Event). I'll keep an eye on the main press site to see if they add some info on this.

Rösti;168257357 said:
We are about 7,5 hours away from the Digital Event and NoA's E3 2015 press site is still not up (the press site for E3 2014 was up five days before the Digital Event). I'll keep an eye on the main press site to see if they add some info on this.
Oh man... Glorious high res starfox art, box art mhmmm

Guys I just posted this in Horizon thread but I think it also fits here.

Am I crazy or some of you could see it too?

same feelings but the grass will never be that deep in Zelda U
and Link will never talk

I wonder how I will feel after I play both games
they both have pluses

Diffense

The last console AC was made for was the Wii which had less system RAM than even the 3DS. If there's an ACU I really hope they expand the game's presentation to take advantage of the huge leap in hardware capabilities that the Wii U represents. IMO, this could be a great opportunity to create an AC that feels like a big evolution for the series (like Mario 64 to the Mario series or OoT to Zelda but on a smaller scale).

Roo

Rösti;168257357 said:
Is the username and password the same as last year or they changed it?

I know I ask you this every year but feel free to PM me the details if they're changed :p

antonz

Rösti;168257357 said:

They really cutback on the E3 site budget too. They had a pretty awesome looking site last year. This year is almost out of the Geocities days

Tizoc

Rösti;168257357 said:

Ah so it'll be 8 PM my time when it starts, thanks mate!
For that matter, here's my predictions-
DRAGON QUEST LOCALIZATION
GREAT ACE ATTORNEY LOCALIZATION

We also get to see som Yokai Watch.

MouldyK

As a lover of Shenmue, it pains me to admit an ACU Announcement will blow me out the water for the conferences.

I mean, atleast i'd know the game comes out this year hopefully.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Literally all I want is metroid. I decided to stay up and get drunk and make fries. I'm still gonna try to make 9 AM though. Hype into space, man.

Rich!

my predictions:

VERY LIKELY IMO:

- twilight princess 3D, N3DS exclusive
- Star Fox
- new Metroid
- Virtual Boy VC for the New 3DS. Available NOW.

NOT AS LIKELY LOL:

- new F-Zero (maybe an HD online version of GX?)
- Wario Land

THE FUCK YOU SMOKIN BOY:

- Mother 3 with a new translation (never gonna live up to the incredible fan translation)

I wonder what the benefit of the Zelda U delay will be for us?

I don't think Zelda on Wii U can stand up next to some of these games due next year

what it got going for it is Nintendo's ability to deliver awesome gameplay

This will probably be the most "meh" nintendo e3 in a while. Other than boring DLCs and already announced games I don't think they have many surprises.

And they shouldn't, all their producing resources should be focused on NX software.

Porcile

At least we'll see some gameplay. If Nintendo starts resorting to CG trailers with no gameplay for official announcements then i'm officially out. OUT, I tell you.

Digital Event of Lowered Expectations:

Announced 59 minutes

Robot Chicken is back. Intro (5 minutes).

Miyamoto in a white room fiddling on the game pad with stylus: Super Mario Maker + in game Footage +release date September (8 minutes).

Aounuma talking to us, story of how Hyrule Warriors was such a success, now on 3DS trailer and tetra+king of Dragons, October(5 minutes).

Miyamoto again, white room again, using gamepad like steering wheel, talks something about games taking you wherever your imagination takes you, white room becomes space: Star Fox +Trailer + gameplay and October release date. (9 minutes).

Release date announcements (5 minutes):
Yoshi wooly World (July)
Xenoblade (Early 2016)
Chibi Robo (August)

Reggie talks Amiibo (7 minutes)

Amiibo portion talks about animal crossing Happy Home thingamajig Cards, Reggie tells us to look at this...

Animal Crossing U
More town, more characters, more Isabelle, Tom Nook is Real Estate agent or banker or some money grubbing scheme.(6 minutes)

You want 3rd party? We got Third party: Nindies Sizzle Reel , QUBE Appears again making it the 7th time it appears on Directs. Fast Neo racing looking amazing. (4 minutes).

Reggie gives us thanks, tells us there is one more surprise for Wii U and 3DS...

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Diddy's Kong Quest 2. Diddy Racing Mini game included. 5 minutes

Nintendoland 3DS. Thank you for watching: Fireworks.( 5 minutes)
Watch treehouse after the Event!
This seems so real that it hurts, it just fucking hurts.

weekev

Banned
my predictions:

- twilight princess 3D, N3DS exclusive
- Star Fox
- new Metroid
- Virtual Boy VC for the New 3DS. Available NOW.

more unlikely predictions:

- new F-Zero (maybe an HD online version of GX?)
- Wario Land

getthefuckouttahere predictions:

- Mother 3 with a new translation (never gonna live up to the incredible fan translation)
Cant see F-Zero cos fast racing neo looks like close enough.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
chances to see a Zelda U trailer put together at the very last moment to "react" to the great Sony's conf? I mean, the game is well in development and they have footage for sure. And it not being at E3 could be referred to the Fair booth, not to the Digital Event...

kizmah

A man can always dream. These would be my megatons.

Eternal Darkness remake by Retro.
I would settle for Metroid Prime 4 by Retro as well.
Endless Ocean 3 for Wii U coming out this fall (in Europe).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is the username and password the same as last year or they changed it?

I know I ask you this every year but feel free to PM me the details if they're changed :p
The username and password will likely be this:

Username: Nintendo
Password: E32015

Sometimes they change from capitals to lowercase letters.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
A man can always dream. These would be my megatons.

Eternal Darkness remake by Retro.
I would settle for Metroid Prime 4 by Retro as well.
Endless Ocean 3 for Wii U coming out this fall (in Europe).
Is the last one done by Retro too? :)

Top Bottom