• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Caramello

chances to see a Zelda U trailer put together at the very last moment to "react" to the great Sony's conf? I mean, the game is well in development and they have footage for sure. And it not being at E3 could be referred to the Fair booth, not to the Digital Event...

Why? How would that be beneficial to Nintendo at all?

Yeah, I still can't believe we haven't seen any pics from the booths/show floor.

I'm hoping we see some surprises, either way. If it's 30 minutes of Mario Maker and 30 minutes of Animal Crossing I'll be pissed.

Trying to keep my expectations down this year. More Zelda U would have been all I needed ;_; But since this is not happening I think Star Fox will be the headliner.
Maybe Animal Crossing as another kinda big Wii U game but I doubt we'll see a full fledged Metroid game at this E3.
I think Nintendo is in a difficult position with the Wii U: they have to support it to keep fans excited for their next system, which will probably launch for the 2016 holiday season? So I'm not sure they're gonna make any more experiments on the Wii U. Would be happy to be proven wrong though ;-)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
to win E3 they need to drag out the beaten corpse of Sadness and announce Metroid Prime 4 kickstarter campaign

and maybe do a Mother series remake

Honestly, it's hard to imagine Nintendo shocking anyone after that megaton-fest that happened last night

I just hope to see some interesting and hopefully new stuff at least

The last console AC was made for was the Wii which had less system RAM than even the 3DS. If there's an ACU I really hope they expand the game's presentation to take advantage of the huge leap in hardware capabilities that the Wii U represents. IMO, this could be a great opportunity to create an AC that feels like a big evolution for the series (like Mario 64 to the Mario series or OoT to Zelda but on a smaller scale).

the largest town ever.

Weeding and watering for hours

Shaanyboi

Banned
Well yeah. I mean look at the aforementioned Bayonetta 2. It was such a huge "bomb" when it was revealed it was a Nintendo exclusive and was talked about everywhere, especially on this forum. But when it all came down to it, the game was released and the sales were just abysmal. So clearly the online hype was misleading as to the market for this game in actuality.

Final Fantasy 7 matters to a whole fucking lot more people than Bayonetta, and I say that as someone who does not give a shit about FF post-6 and loves Bayonetta.

Shenmue III has reached this joke-level "MAKE IT HAPPEN" that even people who don't actually give a shit about Shenmue give a shit about its announcement, and atleast by being kickstarted, those people can put their money where their mouth is.

will NX be only a tech debut next year or do your guys think 3rd parties will show up to talk about the games they are working on?

I seriously do not see who will support NX next year

So I feel if we really do not see Zelda U they really will move the game to NX

I don't want to wait longer to play it

purdobol

Better show some Metroid Nintendo... or else I'll destroy your booth !!
commandophoneboothjms55.gif

AGoodODST

Übermatik;168259577 said:
Yeah, I still can't believe we haven't seen any pics from the booths/show floor.

I'm hoping we see some surprises, either way. If it's 30 minutes of Mario Maker and 30 minutes of Animal Crossing I'll be pissed.

Don't worry it wont.

40 minutes of Wooly World. 9 minutes of Diddy Kong. One minute of Star Fox.

Enjoy.

Roo

Rösti;168259387 said:
The username and password will likely be this:

Username: Nintendo
Password: E32015

Sometimes they change from capitals to lowercase letters.
I see. Thanks.
High res artwork and such always has been part of my E3 enjoyment.

Porcile

chances to see a Zelda U trailer put together at the very last moment to "react" to the great Sony's conf? I mean, the game is well in development and they have footage for sure. And it not being at E3 could be referred to the Fair booth, not to the Digital Event...

What exactly does Nintendo have to react to? A CG trailer of a game which probably wont come out for another 2-3 years, a kickstarter from a guy who hasn't done shit all for years and a re-reveal of an game announced about 40 years ago. OK, granted, they're good PR wins, but if you step back and assess what they actually are, then Sony's other offerings were far more substantial, but all the same standard E3-fare. Nintendo doesn't have to react to anything, just show some good games and people will be happy.

JoeM86

to win E3 they need to drag out the beaten corpse of Sadness and announce Metroid Prime 4 kickstarter campaign

and maybe do a Mother series remake

Honestly, it's hard to imagine Nintendo shocking anyone after that megaton-fest that happened last night

I just hope to see some interesting and hopefully new stuff at least

I don't see how Nintendo is incapable of shocking people just because Sony had a few reveals for games in the distant future.

Also a Kickstarter campaign? Please. That was the worst thing about Sony's conference. Yes, Shenmue coming back is great, but with a kickstarter announced in a conference? Hell no. That left a bitter taste in my mouth. If Nintendo did that, I would be very grumpy.

Übermatik;168259917 said:
I wasn't sold on Mario Maker, but seeing the Tournament footage it now looks really promising. People are going to get really involve with the creator, for sure.

Also, what the hell is your avatar from!?
Loki from Bayonetta 2, go look up in deviant art. It was actually a pretty cute picture I found lol. I thank the artist forever.

wishdom

Highly unlikely, Nintendo doesn't care about the competition. But I really hope they drop a few hints about it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What exactly does Nintendo have to react to? A CG trailer of a game which probably wont come out for another 2-3 years, a kickstarter from a guy who hasn't done shit all for years and a re-reveal of an game announced about 40 years ago. OK, granted, they're good PR wins, but if you step back and assess what they actually are, then Sony's other offerings were far more substantial, but all the same standard E3-fare. Nintendo doesn't have to react to anything, just show some good games and people will be happy.

Why? How would that be beneficial to Nintendo at all?

Wait...is people downtoning Sony's conf? really? :|
I see it as one of the best E3 conf ever...
btw, opinions, I guess?
But how could a brand new Zelda U trailer not being positive for Nintendo, Wii U and its fans?

MouldyK

I don't see how Nintendo is incapable of shocking people just because Sony had a few reveals for games in the distant future.

Also a Kickstarter campaign? Please. That was the worst thing about Sony's conference. Yes, Shenmue coming back is great, but with a kickstarter announced in a conference? Hell no. That left a bitter taste in my mouth. If Nintendo did that, I would be very grumpy.

F-Zero U Kickstarter!

Calling it now!

$3,000,000 Goal.

:p

Porcile

btw, opinions, I guess?
But how could a brand new Zelda U trailer not being positive for Nintendo, Wii U and its fans?

Egh. I'm not downplaying the announcements. I'm downplaying what they are right now, but since GAF is in a state of frenzy the dust hasn't really settled yet.

I think "no Zelda" is definitely a lie. At most we'll get a bare bones teaser trailer, a tease from Aonuma or a piece of art like the Skyward Sword one of Link and Fi. Otherwise, a Twilight Princess HD remake would be sweet.

Shiggy

I fear they will focus too much on old games (Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Zero 5, Rhythm Paradise All-Stars) instead of showing upcoming titles. Hope that I'm proven wrong.

Reasons to serve crow (dont argue with me!):

-Starfox is indeed by platinum with Miyamoto
-3D Mario is indeed here
-Blast Ball, Metroid related lol
-Metroid WiiU
-Zelda U still showing up
-Fire Emblem collab thats not SMT
-Project Guard/Giant robot a new name

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I swear people today are unable to detect irony without the use of emoticons :p

Sorry, should have been a bit clearer on that

btw, opinions, I guess?

there are folks around here who gave Xbox conference a higher grade lol

I just do not understand GAF sometimes we have such a wide spectrum of opinions lol

what I like about Sony is they are not afraid to feature charming or artsy games they sold me on many games last night

Nintendo only has to give me Animal Crossing U to beat Xbox for me

Sendou

I'm not too conserned myself. Just because others have good showings doesn't lessen the chances of Nintendo putting one together themselves as well. With Nintendo WC they're already off to a good start. Watching Nintendo shows like this you can count on there always being surprises. Nintendo is still the best one at keeping them. I'm expecting Metroid and Animal Crossing.

http://nintendonews.com/2015/06/platinumgames-teases-bayonetta-3-twitter/

BELIEVE!!! I know he's probably trolling :( but damn this would be such a megaton!

I imagine they wouldn't mind being contracted to make Bayonetta 3 if making some Transformers game is the alternative. If because nothing else but the latter requiring more work.

Fletcher

I will be super pissed if there is no Zelda info. It's the only game my wife will play. That and Animal Crossing. We animal Crossing would be OK, too.

Taker666

will NX be only a tech debut next year or do your guys think 3rd parties will show up to talk about the games they are working on?

I seriously do not see who will support NX next year

So I feel if we really do not see Zelda U they really will move the game to NX

I don't want to wait longer to play it

Japanese devs and indies. I'm 90% sure NX is a handheld (in its first phase at least). My gut says we'll see Zelda Wii U running on their next handheld as well as Wii U.

I just do not understand GAF sometimes we have such a wide spectrum of opinions lol

what I like about Sony is they are not afraid to feature charming or artsy games they sold me on many games last night

MS was no where near Sony to me but you would have to blind if you did not see their own unique games like that.

Porcile

Well, I never played through all of Final Fantasy 7 (loved 9 and 12), had Shenmue 2 on DC and thought it was tripe, and I'm always suspicious of anything that's been in development hell. So it's easy to understand why Sony's announcements, and that's all they are except for TLG, mean little to me at this present time. But shit, give Star Fox by Treasure or Platinum, with some fine ass gameplay footage, and I'll be happy as shit.

edit - I should say Sony's other games looked fine, but people are mostly talking about the big three.

MS was no where near Sony to me but you would have to blind if you did not see their own unique games like that.

Xbox had on game that peeked my interest the 30's Cartoon one

I have to admit Xbox is a turn off for me because of MS's ability to buy anything they wish and throw money away at any tech

that Minecraft demo is historic! (if it works like that)
still I doubt I could afford to buy halolens

Top Bottom