• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 demo Best Buy locations revealed [Update: Canada]

Really hoping for a better location in Central Florida. But the time stamp is just stupid. It should be all hours of opening because there's no way I'm going to wait in some huge line to play for a little bit. :/

daveo42

Banned
tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

Yeah, I'm surprised as well Toledo's getting one. I'm just happy there's one in Fairborn. I'll be 5 minutes from there and plan on hitting it up on Saturday if I can't Tuesday.

massoluk

Banned
Wait, happy thought, may be they will do something at Nintendo Store. Right! That's has to be why they dissed Best Buy in NYC.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
How are they doing this? 1 store in huge markets like Houston (well 2 if you count the woodlands) or NYC for 4hours for each of 2 days? That shit is gonna be packed isn't it? 30 secs to try the demos? lol

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Nintendo continues to piss all over my E3.

I'm interested in what kind of data Nintendo used to determine where they'd offer these demos. Overall sales of Nintendo product in those particular locations? Age & economic demographic data? I live in California and those cities listed, with the exception of maybe Emeryville & San Jose, seem like bizarre choices though I'm sure they are strategic for Nintendo.

I'm interested in what kind of data Nintendo used to determine where they'd offer these demos. Overall sales of Nintendo product in those particular locations? Age & economic demographic data? I live in California and those cities listed, with the exception of maybe Emeryville & San Jose, seem like bizarre choices though I'm sure they are strategic for Nintendo.

I bet some of those stores were actually willing to pay Nintendo for the right to house E3 demo locations in their Best Buy.

Maybe that's why we're getting some stores "off the beaten path."

SmokeMaxX

My guess is maybe store size? Larger stores get preference? I have no other way of explaining Arkansas' choices. Richest area of the state is probably the Bentonville/Rogers/Fayetteville area and the Best Buy an hour away gets the demo unit. Greatest population density is probably Little Rock, AR and North Little Rock gets it (pretty inconvenient for those from Little Rock). Texarkana would be third on my list to get it but nope, not even close.

EDIT: Actually I think I asked one of my Best Buys why they always get the events in the area and they said it's because they volunteered to do so.

Wiz

What demos can we expect to see? I'm thinking at least:

3D Mario
Mario Kart
Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3
W101

And a few other unnanounced games. No Smash.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
None in North Dakota. It's not that surprising, but the Fargo store is one of the very first BBY stores and is certainly the busiest one in the state so I figured there was a chance. :(

I'd be very surprised if their flagship store had absolutely nothing, but a random Best Buy in Long Island City had a whole bunch of demos.

That's true. I didn't even think about the Nintendo World Store. It'd be smart for them to put up a bunch of demos there instead of a Best Buy in the area.

Fellow Georgians:
Isn't the 'Duluth' store the one at the intersection of I-85 and Pleasant Hill? That's very reachable for Metro Atlantans.
Also, the 'Smryna' store is the one on Cobb Parkway just north of 285.

Top Bottom