• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 demo Best Buy locations revealed [Update: Canada]

goomba

Banned
Clever marketing. People seeing lines of geeks waiting to play wii u in stores will make the system look much more popular.

JaseMath

Nice if it were eShop, though the Denver one isn't too far from me. I might make the trip if there's a demo worth playing.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I think Sonic may be there too, seems like they'd want to get it out there since they're publishing it and revealed it before E3 to build excitement

I'm really hoping Nintendo shows off a killer WiiU app that really utilizes the Gamepad (i.e. the WiiU's Wii Sports equivalent). Nintendo Land was not it.

If it's playable at Best Buy and it's awesome and really justifies the Gamepad as something more than off-TV play (which obviously most people just don't care about/want) then it could be big for them.

Well shit. A bunch of places where I used to live or almost lived. Not that I had any reasonable expectation of being near one of these.

I guess I could make the trek down to Knoxville if there's going to be anything good at these events.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just checked and yeah that's weird. Where is the site getting Smyrna and Duluth from then?

I have no idea. The list is wildly inconsistent with the actual website.

Georgia
Augusta
Duluth
Savannah
Smyrna

Duluth is a couple min. from Atlanta.

Except its not on the website.

You could always drive to... Birmingham. YEEEAAAAHHH.

But seriously, the Birmingham store is 5 minutes from my house so that's pretty nice.

Neither is Birmingham.

That's what I thought but it seems like a poor use of resources to fly reps around the country for two four hour blocks of demoing with 3 days of doing nothing in between.
This is Nintendo we're talking about here... They used to fly reps with carts in lockboxes handcuffed to arms (this is only a slight exaggeration). They're not taking any chances on E3 demos. The locations are probably based on proximity to reps as well.

AGITΩ

Only eastern GA? Wtf is this bs. Though I'm partially upset because my Best Buy is in the complete opposite side of the state.

JDSN

Banned
Cant wait for those new* demo impressions.

*Second Rayman demo, X trailer, The wonderful 101 E312 demo.

K1ng P3n

Lexington Ky is only about 35 minutes from where I live, might have to check these demos out if I'm up that way. Still on the fence about the Wii U, so this might help.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
These best buys are going to be swallowed whole if they hold smash bros. demos.

DrLyme

Neo Member
I was so worried the closest one to me would be in Boston. So glad there is one in Worcester. I'm definitely going.

Sadist

Hmmm.. could we get leaks out of this? With one or two BB employees forgetting about the date and putting up the demo's a day before E3? :p

Owensboro

You could always drive to... Birmingham. YEEEAAAAHHH.

But seriously, the Birmingham store is 5 minutes from my house so that's pretty nice.

No one should ever... ever... go to Birmingham. Unless of course they want to see a giant naked statue that pisses the locals off for some reason. "Oh no! A naked butt! on a statue!"

I have no idea. The list is wildly inconsistent with the actual website.

Georgia
Augusta
Duluth
Savannah
Smyrna

Duluth is a couple min. from Atlanta.

Except its not on the website.

I refuse to believe that a major corporation isn't going to put one single location anywhere near the biggest city in the Southeast. If they do end up using the Smyrna Location I'm sure I'll stop by on that Saturday. GAF meetup?

Damn, not much love for their home state at all. C'mon Best Buy! At least Eden Prairie isn't too far away, although it's going to be packed for sure..

Afrikan

Emeryville? really?

why not one of the two stores in San Francisco...or heck Colma.

welp, $5 charge for me to try out a *next*/current gen Mario game. :/

Paskil

Seriously, Greenfield WI? Not Madison, Milwaukee, or Green Bay? The three highest populated cities in the state? You instead go with Greenfield, the 20th largest city in the state. Granted, it's somewhat close to Milwaukee, but geez, get your shit together Nintendo.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
No one should ever... ever... go to Birmingham. Unless of course they want to see a giant naked statue that pisses the locals off for some reason. "Oh no! A naked butt! on a statue!"

I refuse to believe that a major corporation isn't going to put one single location anywhere near the biggest city in the Southeast. If they do end up using the Smyrna Location I'm sure I'll stop by on that Saturday. GAF meetup?

Well I hope you are right! I would be interested in a GAF meetup as well if they actually hold one at that location.

Wiz

No one should ever... everI refuse to believe that a major corporation isn't going to put one single location anywhere near the biggest city in the Southeast. If they do end up using the Smyrna Location I'm sure I'll stop by on that Saturday. GAF meetup?

If it's there, I'd be down for a meetup!

GulAtiCa

Website only says Augusta & Savannah for GA. Both are very very far from me. (Roswell/Atl)

I hope they also add these to the eShop.

jlscool

Wow, just looked at the specific location in Missouri and it is South County. That's about 10 min from my house. HYPE!

There's one only 20 minutes away from me, I'll be there June 12!

I wonder if there's gonna be long lines. Not sure whether to go around 4pm or maybe closer to closing time, like 7:15 or 7:30.

Top Bottom