• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 demo Best Buy locations revealed [Update: Canada]

Hale-XF11

Greenfield? Who the fuck shops there? Least they could have done was chosen some place more centralized like Brookfield or Madison East side.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I hope all the people clamoring for e3 demos can get them on the eshop so I can hear them complain when e3 demos brick their consoles.

DaBoss

I just realized this could lead to some potential leaks.

Have you guys discussed this before?

I doubt it. They are probably setting up more Wii Us in the Best Buy locations and they will be loading the games after their Direct is finished or the day after in the morning. I doubt they would have a huge oversight like that.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
They wont. Of course i'm only using Lost Planet's first demo on the 360 as a basis.
E3 demos are notorious for crashing and bricking systems. Usually if an e3 demo is released it's weeks later which one would assume allows time for bug testing. This takes resources and dev time. If Nintendo plans on releasing all these games in the fall, well, ain't nobody got time for that.

Hmm Culver City is only 15 mins away, and i have the day off on June 15. I'll wait to see what games are being demoed, see if any of them might interest me. Might just go to the beach instead that day.

Surprised Culver City is the only place in SoCal/South bay. There might be some huge lines, not worth the hassle.

chifanpoe

The one time I finally feel good living in St. Louis. Will definitely check it out if I have the time.

I am going to drive over from Edwardsville IL on Saturday, no way I can drive to South County after work and make it back to IL with work traffic in the middle of the week.

Holy shit. Being in Northwest Arkansas I assumed there wouldn't be a participating Best Buy anywhere near me, but Fort Smith is only about an hour away! Still not sure why they didn't pick the state college town, but whatever works...

Great news for me!

EDIT: Also, we've always known this was going to be a "participating vendors" thing. Don't know why that's coming as a shock to people.

I kind of wonder if Best Buy gave them a list of stores that could use increased foot traffic (that Best Buy in particular has some construction going on outside it and a Fry's within spitting distance) and this wasn't entirely Nintendo's call on which ones to use.

I think this likely the case, at least in some areas. The locations chosen that are closest to where I live wouldn't be my first choice to go to.

VahnSSR

Banned
I am going to drive over from Edwardsville IL on Saturday, no way I can drive to South County after work and make it back to IL with work traffic.
I feel you, I'm in North County. I wish the times were a bit more flexible because I have to work through out the week and traffic is gonna be a pain.

BoSox06DH

Even though I live in New Jersey the closest one looks like the King of Prussia Mall in PA. Amazing how many Best Buys are within my area, yet the one's they picked are beyond an hour away.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
These demos are for people not owning the console, the main purpose is to convince more people to buy it, so I don't really hope that we'll get the demos on the eshop. At list not during the E3. But I understand this. An unfinished demo is ok for demonstrating what a console can do, but it can damage the game itself.

spock

Very cool & smart how Nintendo is making these like a mini event. Probably going to be some other surprises and extras for those who go... :)

Izick

I will buy a Wii U solely for a new Smash. This is known.

I'd also like some other stuff though of course! Struggling/hungry Nintendo is the best Nintendo (see: Gamecube), so I'm super excited to see what the next few years bring.

DaBoss

lol

TVoEOrH.png

https://twitter.com/IwataCEO/status/339751692151185410

Top Bottom