• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

Added my NNID (TheBaldEmperor) earlier but here are the games I own. Very important to have Monster Hunting friends in March! Feel free to add me and I will start adding others in here.

Nintendoland
NSMBU
ZombiU
Assassin's Creed 3
Black Ops 2
Scribblenauts

Just added a bunch of random gaffers. 100 limit ain't gonna cut it big N.

Dat friendslist musak! ba ba ba ba ba....... ba ba ba ba.

Beats

NNID: JpBeats

Got ZombiU, Black Ops 2, NSMBU, and Nintendo Land. It's pretty fun drawing stuff on Miiverse. I'll probably spend a bunch of time doing that haha. I didn't expect to get so many 'yeah's also for my first post.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
NNID: JpBeats

Got ZombiU, Black Ops 2, NSMBU, and Nintendo Land. It's pretty fun drawing stuff on Miiverse. I'll probably spend a bunch of time doing that haha. I didn't expect to get so many 'yeah's also for my first post.
Damn good drawing man, I dunno how people do it! I love my awesome chulthu goomba tho. Lol!

My NNID is ManBearPig

I only have BOps2 so far, no friends yet as my buddies won't be buying a wii u anytime soon so I figured may as well add some randoms here haha

Question about Miiverse. When looking at the Communities you can see a little smiley face underneath eacah community with a number. Is that number how many unique people have posted or how many posts have been made?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
If anyone wants to add me I am under "BlkVlt"

Have Call of Duty for multiplayer online title for now, but going to be more!

I would love some GAF friends!

Nnid: SheikYerbouti

Currently rolling through nsmb u and having tons of fun, leaning heavily towards zombie u next.

Pikma

Banned
Publishing my real gender was like a bad idea, someone added me and tried to get a conversation out of me, I added back and answered his comment and then... in the next msg he asked me about my age. Smh, Miiverse, won't add anyone outside of GAF, then.

Poyunch

So which one notifies you of a friend request? Miiverse or through the friendslist? I'm assuming adding through Miiverse is the one that will notify the other user.

Publishing my real gender was like a bad idea, someone added me and tried to get a conversation out of me, I added back and answered his comment and then... in the next msg he asked me about my age. Smh, Miiverse, won't add anyone outside of GAF, then.

So, how old are you?

just kidding :)

MiiVerse sounds amazing. I was so addicted to SwapNote on 3DS when it launched and I had 100 friends on my list, most of them GAFers (lost all of you when my system died and I had to replace it :(). SwapNote already felt like an awesome and creative form of gaming-twitter and MiiVerse sounds even better. HYPE!

Great to see Miiverse in full swing! There are lots of funny/talented people out there making the service quite enjoyable right now.

Add me everyone at BreesJamesMVP

I'm under the impression that if someone adds me I have to add them to be friends, is this true? (if not then I'll add a ton of people from this thread tomorrow)

Oh and I have ZombieU Nsmbu and Call of duty so far

Both will notify you. It just depends on which one you click on.

Friends list doesn't notify you for shit. Add through Miiverse only.

Add me everyone at BreesJamesMVP

I'm under the impression that if someone adds me I have to add them to be friends, is this true? (if not then I'll add a ton of people from this thread tomorrow)

Oh and I have ZombieU Nsmbu and Call of duty so far
Adding through Miiverse sends an actual request, so do that. Don't bother with the other way.

Friends list doesn't notify you for shit. Add through Miiverse only.

Adding through Miiverse sends an actual request, so do that. Don't bother with the other way.

Friend list notifies you that you have a friend request as well as Miiverse. If you want to add somebody then yeah, it's more convenient through Miiverse.

Nicktals

Banned
NNID: Nicktals
games so far: NSMBU, little inferno and nintendo land.
future games: Monster Hunter for sure, pretty much any interesting indie games, and most major first party releases. If we've played excitebots, mario kart, or MH Tri together before please add me, as I loved those communities and don't have any wii u friends yet!

rpmurphy

Question about Miiverse. When looking at the Communities you can see a little smiley face underneath eacah community with a number. Is that number how many unique people have posted or how many posts have been made?
That one is number of Yeahs. Next to that is number of replies. If the person has played the game, then there's a third icon that looks like a checkbox.

That one is number of Yeahs. Next to that is number of replies. If the person has played the game, then there's a third icon that looks like a checkbox.

No, he's talking about the numbers on the Community list. I think its number of people who've posted but I could be wrong.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oops. Looks like Nintendo doesn't know the "Get out of here, Carl!" Walking Dead reference, so I had my first MiiVerse post deleted by an admin.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Note that, if the Giant Bomb stream was accurate, if you want to actually follow a friend on Miiverse you have to go to their profile manually and set the option. Adding them as a friend won't do it :/.

Spiderduff

The overall vibe in the Miiverse community is so great. I'm sure its heavily modded, but man its such a refreshing change of pace from all the complaining I see here. I could read peoples comments all day of them having fun or posting screenshots of their favorite level. This is what I've been looking for. Honestly, If you told me I would be posting a "Dear Bowser" letter 2 weeks ago I'd laugh in your FACE! Oh no, now I will gladly do it! Something about posting it right when it happens is much more satisfying than doing it later on a forum after the feeling has gone away. Loving every step of the way!

NNID: Spiderduff

NNID: lunchwithyuzo

Games:
Nano Assault NEO
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Trine 2: Director's Cut

ASTROID2

I guess I'll ask this here:
When you create an account it has a thing to click on if you already have an ID. What happens when you try that if you have that account on another console since that's the only way to create an ID?

rpmurphy

I guess I'll ask this here:
When you create an account it has a thing to click on if you already have an ID. What happens when you try that if you have that account on another console since that's the only way to create an ID?
I'd like to know this too. Is it only for recovering deleted users on your console at the moment?

Note that, if the Giant Bomb stream was accurate, if you want to actually follow a friend on Miiverse you have to go to their profile manually and set the option. Adding them as a friend won't do it :/.

Haven't really followed anyone but it there a difference between following and just being friends? If you look at the "activity", think thats the name, on Miiverse it just shows what your friends write.

rpmurphy

Haven't really followed anyone but it there a difference between following and just being friends? If you look at the "activity", think thats the name, on Miiverse it just shows what your friends write.
Following means you get the person's posts on your activity feed in Miiverse. Any responses you want to make to those posts are displayed in public.

As friends, you can also exchange private messages in Miiverse in a separate feed, make video calls in Wii U Chat, see their online status and what game they are playing (if they allow it to be seen). In Miiverse, they may be setting certain profile information to friends-only instead of public or private -- profile message, birthday, friends list, follow lists.

Top Bottom