• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

IrishNinja

You can go into the friend list icon (looks like the 3DS friend list icon) on the home menu and add someone like a friend code. Meaning they have to add you too, they don't get a request.

well, shit
looks like i gotta delete those requests and try again from the miiverse! that's not very well thought out though

Yeah, apparently I didn't realize you had to set things up to get requests, so adding my id here, rather than reposting it in the release thread. Feel free to add me, I don't have any friends :-(

NID: delirium

olimpia84

I'll probably follow some of you guys. I don't feel like adding people for the sake of adding considering I don't have any online games yet.

IrishNinja

Yeah, send them from within Miiverse. Go to User Menu > Search Users.

will do! off to cancel the dumb ones. apologies to anyone who sent me requests that way as well, i guess i'm not seeing em either!

glad andrex updated the OP, even if he did trade in his WU for skylanders figures in anger.

I've downloading Nano Assault Neo, for a total of 8 games

Hope it's-a-good

I'm really enjoying it. Works a little different from the 3DS version...no collecting 3 items to purify the cell, it's based mostly on wiping out enemies, which I enjoy more anyway and having two sticks makes the shooting much better.

It's short, but that's what leaderboards are for!

Yeah, apparently I didn't realize you had to set things up to get requests, so adding my id here, rather than reposting it in the release thread. Feel free to add me, I don't have any friends :-(

NID: delirium

Yeah, I did the same thing Sunday afternoon...added a bunch of people and then had to delete those and send the real requests.

Did someone say you don't automatically follow your friends on Miiverse? I have a ton of posts from people on my friends list in my Activity Feed and I never manually followed anyone.

ID: Xtortion, if anyone wants to add me. Playing NSMBU and might pick up ZombiU soon.

IrishNinja

huh...my profile got flagged for the following line

freelance philosopher: whiskey is acceptable currency, inquire within

something tells me i should've opted for scotch

Smiles, I believe you have your NNID incorrectly listed on the spreadsheet, because I tried to add you but It acted as of you didn't exist. I'll try and add the one you just listed above later tonight.

Okay thanks for the heads up, I don't see the links in the OP anymore but I sent you a request

I got to see this is Nintendo's best friendlist so far if you can see what people are playing at the time (at least if they op in to allow others to see that info)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
glad andrex updated the OP, even if he did trade in his WU for skylanders figures in anger.

Lol, I'm still loving and enjoying NSMBU and Miiverse. I just want my anger to be heard, so that the policy is hopefully changed (and soon.) Uproar begats uproar, so I hope in a small way I did my part.

Nicktals

Banned
Added a bunch of people last night...no new friends yet this morning =( Add me people!

I have little inferno, nintendoland (haven't played yet), and NSMBU.

Loving Miiverse but I want some more friends!

Kamek

Why do I keep getting connection errors when I try to link it with my router? It worked fine on regular Wii.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Can your profile message get flagged if you reduce its visibility to friends-only?
I had my comment on private and they still made me change it. I think anything that sounds like you're promoting a business or twitter or anything flags it.

Davey Cakes

Miiverse integration is growing on me. I love posting whatever thoughts come into my mind while I'm playing NSMBU or NintendoLand. Screenshot feature is great as a supplement. Drawings add a lot of charm, too. I haven't put up any myself (can't really draw, though I may try a doodle every now and then), but seeing others' drawings makes me smile.

It's basically Nintendo Facebook, which is cool. I'm desensitized to "likes and comments" on FB for my posts but I love seeing when either a friend, follower, or community-goer "yeahs" my posts and comments in Miiverse. This functionality alone blows everything the Wii tried, in terms of community features, out of the water. It just feels more natural and connected.

stupei

Reposting again for later in the thread. I haven't had a chance to add new people since Monday morning since I was traveling and relatives have been occupying the system almost non-stop since. (Everyone really likes Nintendoland.) I'll probably have time to add some more people tonight.

NNID: acedefective

NSMBU
ZombiU
Trine 2
Little Inferno
Nintendoland

And I keep eyeing Scribblenauts. I don't know, it's just really tempting.

Linkhero1

huh...my profile got flagged for the following line

freelance philosopher: whiskey is acceptable currency, inquire within

something tells me i should've opted for scotch

That's pretty dumb of them. Thought they would be more lenient about messages like this.

Kevtones

:)

NNID: Kevtones

NSMB
Nintendoland
Zombi U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (desperate for co-op play!)
BLOPS
Nano Assault Neo

arimanius

Walked into Walmart today and walked out with a deluxe version. Surprised they even had any.

Added my name to the spreadsheet. Feel free to add me. I'll probably add several tonight when I get the chance.

NNID: Angra_Mainya

Games:

NSMBU
ZombiU
Nintendoland

Hey you...
I've been following the WUST... joined GAF halfway there. It's been a fun ride, and awesome ride, and I can't believe we have made it to launch already. Good times on here indeed.

I'm a quiet one, I hope that doesn't stop you from adding me! I will add previous entries in this thread later today. Would be great to have you all on my friend list.

NNID: radio_apeshot

Medalion

Banned
NNID: Medalion

I have

NSMBU
Nintendo Land
Zombi U
Assassin's Creed
COD: Black Ops 2
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed
Trine 2
Nano Assault Neo

Seik

Banned
Miiverse is fucking addictive, its like everyone there is an artist. :p

Add me, say you're from GAF!

NNID: Seik666
Games: BLOPS2, NSMBU, NG3.

Vibed

When I get my Wii U soon, I wonder what extra character I should add on. Vibed1 is my PSN...

Vibed!, -Vibed-, Vibed+

BrhysH

Nnid: Brhysh

Currently have ZombiU, Nintendoland, Scribblenauts unlimited.

Might pick up blops II this week or next.

Just drew and posted this. Let's see if it lasts:

DC67AE6B-2873-409C-9449-D9B8A8619A4F-967-0000016378D014C0.jpg

Top Bottom