• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I would think that Following is much like following people on Twitter, you see theri status updates, their activities

But being a "Friend" means not only the above, but you can play games with them, and do video chat?

And send private messages / have them show up in games like Black Ops 2 in its custom in-game friends list.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Need people to add me! I just found out you need others to add you as well. xD

NNID: fireflys545
US Eastern
Mario U and Nintendo Land

No, that's the bad way. Go into Miiverse and search for people's ID and profile. You can send friend requests from there.

Manually exchanging IDs in the friends list is backup functionality in case parental controls have Miiverse shut off.

No, that's the bad way. Go into Miiverse and search for people's ID and profile. You can send friend requests from there.

Manually exchanging IDs in the friends list is backup functionality in case parental controls have Miiverse shut off.

Ohhh thanks a lot!

I did add many of you on page 30. So add me please :)

NNID: Cheesemeister
Friend list full. Please follow instead and I'll follow back. If you don't need to be my friend, I won't be insulted if you just follow. Thanks!

Bii

I need more friends. :[
I'll start adding everyone in the last page or two tomorrow.

NNID: Sochie
Region: US
Games: Nintendo Land, NSMBU and COD:BLOPSII

I'm planning to get Monster Hunter 3 in March, so if you plan on getting that, be sure to add me. :]

Further evidence that the number under the communities is the number of people who have participated there and not the post count. The Japanese TTT2 community has an 83, but there are only 41 posts there. 58 including replies.

Pikma

Banned
I have 10 spots left for GAF, hit me up!

NNID: PikmaGAF

Nintendoland
ZombiU
Black Ops II (I'm totally glued to this right now)
Probaby will get Sonic and Trine 2 next week, GAF hype has never been wrong so far. :p

Add me!

I got my Wii U totally set up now, ready for Monster Hunter and whatever else come next year. Add me, if only because my list is completely empty =)

NNID: ShadowgeistZ (US/Can)

Games: NintendoLand

I'll probably grab Warriors Orochi 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Trine 2 soon.

Ninja Dom

NNID: Ninjadom

Region: UK

Games: New Super Mario Bros U. Will be getting Black Ops 2 this week. And of course, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge when that launches in UK.

MWCShay

Just went ahead and picked a WiiU up today, as of now I only have NintendoLand. I have to decide what other games I want to buy now.

Add me if you want more friends.
NNID:ReKnew
Region - US

I'm looking at getting Black Ops II, ZombiU, Sonic Racing and NSMBU and maybe Scribblenauts. My oldest soon seems really interested in that game from videos on the internet.

DrWong

[Bis]

NiN ID: DrWong
Region: Europe
Nintendo Land
Trine 2
Nano Assault Neo
Assassin's Creed 3
FIFA 12.5
Sonic Transformers

To everyone that accepted my friend request ; Thanks!! Looking forward to meeting you "in game" !
Sent out some more to people who just recently added their ID's in this thread.
Also downloaded FIFA13, so if anyone wants to challenge 'my' Chelsea squad, come get some!!
(side note : game is 8,9 GB according to the Dowloadmanager and it took 6 hours to complete the download and install...)

NNID : GreenGoldStudios

kaiwing

Same id for pretty much everything xbox, psn, znd now wii-u

NNID - kaiwing ; US region
interests - rpgs, action, adventure,fps, strategy and racing
Games - NintendoLand, NSMBWii-U, ZombieU

So admin kept blocking my profile for me trying to add my GAF name to it among other things (pretty much everything I tried to put into my profile) and now I couldn't get them to unblock it so I made yet another ID. I realize that is probably annoying to the people who have added me twice already, and I do very much apologize for that.

Add my new ID if you like: antipurist and again, sorry for the trouble. Thanks.

Miiverse admin sucks.

ksamedi

Might as well drop mine here as well:

NNID: Samedi

Add me, I will be adding some from this thread as well. 100 friend limit sucks.

rpmurphy

I'm out of town this week, so if anyone sends me a request, I'll probably not get around to it until next week. Really want that Miiverse web or mobile app!

Adr1an

Added a bunch of you guys. Ill be more active since school is over for me

Currently own: NSMBU and Zombiu.

my NNID is Adr1an

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I was running out of space in my friend list, so yesterday I did some cleanup and removed several people I couldn't recognize. Apologies if I deleted gaffers by mistake.

NeoRausch

I was running out of space in my friend list, so yesterday I did some cleanup and removed several people I couldn't recognize. Apologies if I deleted gaffers by mistake.

oh god! please don't let me be in that list!
i enjoy you drawings waaaaay to much!
was playing NSMBU when suddenly a pic of yoshi licking a gumba appeared.

ps: needs to be flagged for sexual content, though.

Any chance of having a Wii U NNID field on our personal profiles?

i've just wrote it in my bio. done in one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

If you remove someone, do they get a notification? Because at least then they can follow you.

Des anyone know if followed people show up in leader boards etc, or just your activity stream?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

If you're under 13 its the only way, even if miiverse is allowed in parental controls.

Naar

I would think that Following is much like following people on Twitter, you see theri status updates, their activities

But being a "Friend" means not only the above, but you can play games with them, and do video chat?

Although you kinda explained it and it was similar to what I thought as well, I just don't understand why have the separation?

I actually like the idea of being able to follow people because they draw cool things and keeping it separate from people you want to play online and do video chat with. But is that the difference? Or is there something else?

Also if I add someone as a friend, will I also automatically follow them or what?

Sorry just want to make sure what the differences are :)

NeoRausch

Although you kinda explained it and it was similar to what I thought as well, I just don't understand why have the separation?

I actually like the idea of being able to follow people because they draw cool things and keeping it separate from people you want to play online and do video chat with. But is that the difference? Or is there something else?

Also if I add someone as a friend, will I also automatically follow them or what?

Sorry just want to make sure what the differences are :)

if parentel restriction are on you can't add friends trough miiverse.
so if little jhonny wants to add his buddy stew mc bob they can do so via the standart friendlist and no pedophile can watch them.

Been adding a few of you but there's so many. Here in the USA, NID: MindCollizion, hope to be seeing you guys online on WiiU. I especially enjoy those who draw a lot or share a lot of opinions through Miiverse!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
oh god! please don't let me be in that list!
i enjoy you drawings waaaaay to much!
was playing NSMBU when suddenly a pic of yoshi licking a gumba appeared.

ps: needs to be flagged for sexual content, though.
Pretty sure you're safe :)
I removed the ones I could not recognize, and if there were false negatives please let me know!
About the Yoshi drawing, he was simply savoring his meal ;)

If you remove someone, do they get a notification? Because at least then they can follow you.
I got a message saying they wouldn't get a notification.

NeoRausch

Pretty sure you're safe :)
I removed the ones I could not recognize, and if there were false negatives please let me know!
About the Yoshi drawing, he was simply savoring his meal ;)

that's good!

I got a message saying they wouldn't get a notification.

that's not good!

i'm still confused by the 3DS Friendslist that tells you jackshit.
what is it with nintendo and this stuff? not only do they save me from pedophiles, no, they also take care that my feelings don't get hurt by not telling me when somebody deletes me. <3 nintendo, always watching out for me.

ah well, when the list is full i will delete 10 people that haven't been online for a long time. rinse repeat.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
if i am to be denied jocchan's drawings, tables shall be flipped

Well you could follow him. That's what I've been doing at the moment since I've already experienced what it is like to have a full list on the 3DS. This is why I've kept my NNID relatively quiet for the moment. Hope no one is offended by that.

Top Bottom