• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Wait, did LKD mention new Animal Crossing for Switch, this year? In combination with mobile game launch this March.
No she didn't?

Rime is a fucking joke. You'll never get it.

I probably would have been down for triple dipping on it until I realized that a Switch port of Legends would probably not have touch controls for the Murfy stages.
But Switch has touch controls?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I probably would have been down for triple dipping on it until I realized that a Switch port of Legends would probably not have touch controls for the Murfy stages.
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. Those touch stages were evil and you are evil. You ruined Ubisofts greatest franchise and I hope you never find happiness ever again in your life.

Why would be stupid porting a game to swich? whichever game. Anything is welcome for god sake we are in 2017, games that were made 10 years ago are still perfectly playable.

That is the big dfference. That is one of the reasons why latley games are having a tough time to sell. They have to compete with perfectly playable back catalog.

I cant wait to play 2D games on the switch!!! Raymans? Speluky? Binding of Isaac No one stupid all welcome.

Akai__

Where do I find that list of the year one plan that people have mentioned? Can somebody link the post with details, please?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Why would be stupid porting a game to swich? whichever game. Anything is welcome for god sake we are in 2017, games that were made 10 years ago are still perfectly playable.

That is the big dfference. That is one of the reasons why latley games are having a tough time to sell. They have to compete with perfectly playable back catalog.

I cant wait to play 2D games on the switch!!! Raymans? Speluky? Binding of Isaac No one stupid all welcome.
It's more that of all the games Ubisoft could port, why Rayman Legends? Wouldn't b3 my first choice. Wouldn't be my first Rayman choice either. Hell, I'd rather they port Rayman 2 again!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Mario Strikers getting announced at the January event would make me lose my shit. Honestly, it's probably the biggest first party megaton unrelated to the virtual console that they could pull with me...

Vena

Actually, probably worth putting this here from the BGE thread:

Only the Euro/NA side, and largely from a third party perspective (obviously Ubi).

Notice how we still don't have a lip from what Retro is doing, we only barely have a rumor on NERD being responsible for the VC, weird rumors on a Metroid, not a peep from Xenoblade's follow up, nothing from Japan even though we know there's support, etc. Only Mario has actually leaked from internals, and that was revealed by Nintendo themselves.

Shows her info is rather limited to the Eurozone and the US.

[Leak source, quote]

Its obviously Ubisoft, and a small splinter probably at Treehouse but the info she's getting from Treehouse is considerably thinner.

Well here I am back from a Christmas hangover and there's tonnes of leaks,the plumbers have gone on strike...At least we're very close to finding out truth from fiction

Like who cares if we know the name of some games? Cool we know the Rabbids RPG game and 3D Mario, but we haven't seen them on how they will look and play. We've seen a little of 3D Mario, but that's where the excitement comes from. Seeing the gameplay, artstyle, hearing the music, etc.

I'm very excited to see some of these advanced ports and the surprises Nintendo will have. This thing takes place in Japan where it's much easier for Nintendo to keep secrets. The excitement to see Monolith and Retros new games are through the roof.

It doesn't bother me if something's get leaked because we haven't seen them visually.

And the Japanese third party games seem so unknown. These guys like Laura don't have sources within Japanese companies. It's so exciting!! We'll see the OS and online infrastructure. We'll see My Nintendo expanded more, hopefully and see the Cloud network.

Nilaul

Is there going to be something geared for the older crowed at launch? Except for Skyrim and Zelda. I was hoping for a horror game or something new.

oti

Banned
Omg, I would kill for a Mario Strikers game done well with the same addictiveness of Rocket League.
I wonder if Nintendo has it still in them to make something like Rocket League. If RL was made by Nintendo it would feature some weird mechanic that would make it too complicated.

I feel like Splatoon is halfway there and I'm glad it's not as simple as RL, I just wonder if they want and can deliver a game like that.

The possibility of Treehouse leaking stuff would be... wow. Telenovela drama twist.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is there going to be something geared for the older crowed at launch? Except for Skyrim and Zelda. I was hoping for a horror game or something new.
Eternal Darkness (by Retro Studios) has been suggested, but perhaps not as a launch title.

Richie

We really need a Mario Kart at launch, wheter its 8 Remastered or Double Dash via VC.

Speaking of VC, Laura said that people would be disappointed with the amount of titles available at launch. Gonna take a wild personal guess: the Switch VC is going to start things up yet again, but there's still gonna be more titles available from day one compared to past VC launches. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if the 30 games from the NES Classic Mini are on the Switch's NES VC at launch; if the SNES releases with at least 20 titles, and so, and so.

I am quietly sitting here, behind the curtain, contributing in ways you do not understand, so stop pretending to know me.

Sorry, I don't pretend, nor care to know you. I am merely judging you by the only thing that matters: what you've put out there, which is far less than a stellar track-record. Again, threads about you were banned for a reason

And it's no wonder why. From your own Twitter today:

weagreeononething.png

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
If everyone just "waits until 2018" we'll have the Wii U all over again. People need to buy it before 3rd parties buy in too.

Of course. I just don't know that I'll shell out again after my Wii, Wii U and 3DSs where underused. They'll have to convince me rather than me being there day one out of loyalty as I have been from N64 on (parents couldn't afford NES or SNES day one, N64 is first that came out after I was old enough to be working. They're a huge cooperation, not a charity. I don't owe them anything and they've got to earn my business again after feeling let down the past two generations.

I could still buy at launch, but they've got to convince me that I'll have plenty to play the first year and beyond. It doesn't have to be a TON of games as it will be my third platform behind PC and PS4, so I'm fine with some personal droughts of stuff I want to play on Switch as I have more than I can keep up with on my main platforms. They just have to show me that it's worth the asking price and added clutter after the Wii, Wii U and 3DS weren't for me personally.

As for third party support, for me it would just be a Nintendo machine anyway as I want to play the third parties on my PC or PS4 where the run and look better (I don't do portable gaming anymore, so that's moot for me). Well maybe the odd Japanese exclusive they get as well, but I don't care for many of the types of exclusives that came to 3DS/Vita.

Oersted

Don't forget

The Teams

[Nintendo]

Production Group No. 1- Yasuyuki Oyagi ? (MGR) - Responsible for Mario Kart and Nintendogs.
Production Group No. 2- Hisashi Nogami (MGR) - Responsible for Splatoon and Animal Crossing.
Production Group No. 3- Eiji Aonuma (MGR) - Responsible for 2D and 3D The Legend of Zelda.
Production Group No. 4- Hiroyuki Kimura (MGR) - Responsible for New Super Mario Bros., and Pikmin.
Production Group No. 5- Tadashi Sugiyama (MGR) - Responsible for Wii Fit, Star Fox, and Steel Diver.
Production Group No. 6- ?
Production Group No. 7- Katsuya Yamano ? (MGR) - Responsible for Miitomo, Tomodachi Collection, and Rhythm Tengoku.
Production Group No. 8- ?
Production Group Tokyo No. 1 - Takao Shimizu (MGR) - Responsible for DS Guide Series.
Production Group Tokyo No. 2 - Koichi Hayashida (MGR) - Responsible for 3D Mario, Flipnote Studio, and NES Remix..
Smart Device Production Group - Hideki Konno (MGR) - Responsible for network modes and connectivity of Nintendo mobile games like Miitomo and Super Mario Run.
External Production Groups - Hitoshi Yamagami / Toyokazu Nonaka / Toshiharu Izuno / Etc (MGR) - Produce games developed externally.

[Other 1st Party / 1.5 Party Developers]

Nintendo Software Technology - Developed Super Mario Maker for 3DS and Mini Mario & Friends - Amiibo Challenge.
Nintendo Technology Development - Developing technology for Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo European Research & Development - Developed emulator for NES Mini and DS emulator for Wii U.
Nintendo Network Service Database - Developed network software?
ND Cube - Developed Mario Party: Star Rush and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival.
Retro Studios - Developed Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
Monolith Soft - Developed Xenoblade Chronicles X.
1-Up Studio - Graphic Cooperation Studio.
Mario Club - Debug Cooperation Studio.

HAL Laboratory - Developed Kirby: Planet Robobot and Picross 3D Round 2.
Intelligent Systems - Developed Fire Emblem Fates and Paper Mario: Color Splash.
Creatures - Developed Great Detective Pikachu.
Pux Software - Developed software tools.

AlphaDream - Developed Mario & Luigi series.
Arzest - Developed Mini-Games for Streetpass Mii Plaza DLC and Mario & Sonic Olympics.
Camelot - Developed Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, and Golden Sun series.
Chunsoft (of Spike-Chunsoft) - Developed Mini-Games for Streetpass Mii Plaza DLC and Mario & Sonic.
DeNa - Co-Developed My Nintendo, also involved in assisting Nintendo mobile games.
Eighting - Developed the Mini-Games found in Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo.
Genius Sonority - Developed Pokemon Shuffle for 3DS and Mobile.
Good-Feel - Developed Yoshi's Woolly World and Streetpass Mii Plaza DLC.
Game Freak - Developing Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon.
Grezzo - Developing Ever Oasis.
Grounding - Developed Nintendoji and Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword.
Headstrong Games - Developed Disney Art Academy and Pokemon Art Academy.
Indies Zero - Developed Realistic Escape Game and Co-Developed NES Remix.
Jamworks - Developed small budget games like Culdcept Revolt and Nintendo Pocket Football.
Jupiter - Developed MyNintendo Picross and Quiz Travel Nicky.
Next Level Games - Developed Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
Prope - Developed Mini-Games for Streetpass Mii Plaza DLC.
Sora - Content planning for Smash Bros. series and Kid Icarus series.
Skip - Still alive sort of, developed Chibo Robo and Artstyle series..
Syn Sophia - Developed Style Savvy series.
Tantalus Media - Developed The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD.
Valhalla Games - Developed Devil's Third and developing Momotaro Dentetsu.
Vanpool - Developed Chibi Robo: Zip Lash and Dillon's Rolling Western.
Vitei - "Extension of Nintendo" that co-developed games like Steel Diver series and Theta.

The Games

[Nintendo Switch]

Nintendo - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nintendo - Mario Kart Switch
Nintendo - Splatoon Switch
Nintendo - Super Mario 3D for Switch
Nintendo / Namco-Bandai / Sora - Super Smash Bros. for Switch (rumor)

There is a bunch of studios where we don't know what they are up to.

And this list is first party games only.

At least they haven't leaked the New Smash characters.

Am I right fellas?

Calling it, Rayman/Rabbids will be new characters.

sanstesy

Don't forget

There is a bunch of studios where we don't know what they are up to.

And this list is first party games only.

We do not know how many teams EPD Tokyo/Kyoto has since the unification of development teams. That dev list is outdated & pretty much useless as a result.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
We all know you are trolling, but how were the new IP, the new Retro game, Splatoon, Skyrim, NBA 2K, Fifa, Just Dance, Lego Works, Mario Sports Superstar, Yooka-Laylee, Lego City Undercover, Tekken 7, indies, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Guardians of the Galaxy, Xenoblade XX, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 4, Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Smash, Project Sonic and Pokemon Stars in the NES/N64 era?

Not trolling at all. Grew up a Nintendo fanboy as I said, have owned every platform except Game and Watch and Vitual Boy, still have a Wii U and have a shelf full of Amiibo. Just haven't enjoyed Nintendo near as much the past two generations as their earlier efforts.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with the list of games? That you like their recent output better? Nothing wrong with that. I liked it more when they had real Metroids, Fzeros, Wave Races, Star Tropics etc. to round out their first party offerings, and had powerful hardware that got full third party support and often had the best versions of those games.

If they want me to buy in again, they have to convince me with a first party/exclusives software lineup that's more well rounded for my tastes that what we got on Wii, Wii U and 3DS. Mario does little for me these days, his spinoffos nothing and I'm tired of Smash, MK, Pokemon, Animal Crossing etc.

Zelda is the only of their major IPs that's still kicking that I have interest in, and I'm a little lukewarm over BOTW due to the artstyle and worry that the open world will be barren/boring--hope to be proven wrong.

I need to see them taking more chances with fresh new IP with Splatoon, bringing back things like Fzero, a true Metroid Prime etc. for me to shell out again. If it's just more of the same, I'm fine plaything their old games on Retroarch and looking at my Amiibo to satisfy my nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom