• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Yep.

Think about it:

- LKD posts the rumour about Mario X Rabbids with this piece of information

No way this is just your typical rumble we know from other controllers and no way would Nintendo put this into their system and not use it. I feel like this will play a huge role in the Switch identity. You can use this stuff for mini games and for larger games such as Zelda. Actually, remember the noise meter in BoTW? What if there are stealth sections and the Joy-Con vibrate according to the noise you make or something like that? It could be really cool.

- Just Dance uses Motion Controls

Again, no way in hell would Nintendo put motion controls in the Joy-Cons just for Ubisoft to use them for Just Dance. Going back to Zelda, why is Link right-handed again? Only times that happened were for motion enabled Zelda games. This time it must be optional though since we've seen them play it without motion controls and it must work in handheld mode.

- It's a tablet

Nintendo could do tons of stuff with a truly independent tablet controller.

This is just me writing my own narrative here, but it makes sense
TO ME!.

Well, now you have me hyped big time for Nintendo Land 2 (because the first is one of my favorite games ever, and the great thing there is it wouldn't have such a heavy responsibility of helping to launch the system).

And also legit believing there's a chance we could get motion controls for BOTW. I love Skyward Sword's controls. But I suppose if combat was 1:1 we would've probably figured it out from footage by now, no? So maybe motion controls can be used in a different part of the game? Or for basic more simple combat, a la in TP? (And for some items and such, hopefully, then, too!)

Richie

Holy shit now I'm legit scared the new Mario could be a 3D Runner. Since Nintendo loves to do stuff differently just for the sake of it, I can totally see them doing a 3D runner nooooooooooooo :'(

Hahahaha aaaah so excited little more than 2 days away now!

Ya preordered the Switch yet, compadre? Here in Mexico I know Gamers is already taking preorders, 100 pesos to preorder the Switch and another hundred for Zelda. Their current price for the Switch is 9,999 pesos and 1,599 for Zelda, but they say it's just a placeholder and final price should be much more reasonable. Of course, what's reasonable to them is a freaking rip off to most of us, but hey. I'm already bracing myself for a 7,999 pricetag...

Caelus

And also legit believing there's a chance we could get motion controls for BOTW. I love Skyward Sword's controls. But I suppose if combat was 1:1 we would've probably figured it out from footage by now, no? So maybe motion controls can be used in a different part of the game? Or for basic more simple combat, a la in TP? (And for some items and such, hopefully, then, too!)

So far it seems the motion controls are limited to gyroscope movement and not the swordplay. I don't think they will reimplement the same swordplay as Skyward Sword, even with the right-handed Link.

Aldric

Linear 3D platformer would've been the more appropriate term. Again, I'm merely stating this is a possibility based on what little footage we've seen.

lt doesn't look anything like 3D World level design wise. lt's distinctively Sunshine-like and l have no clue how anyone could miss it.

oti

Banned
"It's so important that we create a new system and pitch it with a focus on all the buttons and controls and capabilities that other systems have, PLUS the benefits of the portability while retaining all those same features.... let's make our flagship Mario game a 3D runner"

...I just can't see it.

I could imagine a seperate mode like this though, like the Toad levels in 3D World.

Nintendo is always looking at popular gameplay elements and nobody can deny that these kind of runners are (were?) super popular. If you give a kid your phone to play a platformer they'll most likely play one of those games and not Rayman or something.

Maybe we'll get a few levels like this in Mario Switch and a dumbed-down version for mobile at some point?

Da-Kid

As far as Third-party games, I expect a reel to reveal all of those.

Game Predictions:
-The Legend of Zelda: BotW demo gameplay, new trailer, release date announced.
-Super Mario Switch announced, release is TBA 2017.
-Splatoon Re-ink'd announced for launch.
-Smash 4 Switched announced featuring 5 New characters, set for launch.
-Rayman Legends sequel announced, exclusive, launch window.
-Retro Studios game announced, short demo shown, TBA.
-Mario Kart 8 Switch announced, featuring more newcomers and vets, item rebalance, all DLC, launch.
-Pikmin 4 announced, TBA 2017.

Scrawnton

The thread is going through a stupid phase.

Lets get back on track! HYPE!!

I honestly figured there would be more leaks to talk about now. Like one game we never knew about leaking a bunch of info via a publisher mistake.

It's been such a slow day that trolls are coming in claiming Mario is a 3d runner on Switch ala subway surfer.

Game Predictions:
-Mario Kart 8 Switch announced, featuring more newcomers and vets.

Those are some terrible theoretical names.

Hakai

We're not getting Zelda at launch....

I'm worried this new Mario game is going to be some sort of 3D runner not unlike the iOS game.

Edit: By Zelda I mean BoTW

It was my first thought as well though. The camera angle and walls left and right look yery Temple Run-ish. But I'm sure we'll be fine.

I'm merely speculating here, but it looks like a 3D runner IMO.

WHAT!?

How can this be a runner like the iOS app if at the end of the clip he make a stop???? Are you seeing some stop button like on Mario Run there??

You guys...really...

Game Predictions:
-Mario Kart 8 Switch announced, featuring more newcomers and vets.

Man I'm not expecting Smash for launch but that would truly be amazing. Five new characters seems like a bit much but would be great.

I really hope they don't spend much time in Zelda at the presentation. Just show us a new trailer and leave the gameplay to the Treehouse. We've seen so much of it already and most of us are already sold. Show us the brand new console you have coming in 2 months.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Part of me doesn't think they'll show Smash in detail on Thursday

I honestly expect a very short quip at the end of the video "Tune in XX/XX/17 for the Smash Broadcast!"

Interfectum

Gold Member
omg leaks !!!
1484068827-totally-not-fake-guys.jpg

KihqsR3.png

Conference is leaking like crazy now.

Scrawnton

Part of me doesn't think they'll show Smash in detail on Thursday

I honestly expect a very short quip at the end of the video "Tune in XX/XX/17 for the Smash Broadcast!"
I doubt they'll tease smash for long. I expect it to be show at E3 and released shortly after, especially if it's just a "super" version of the Wii U and 3DS version with a couple new characters. That games a known quantity. Announce it and drop it in the span of a month.

Moltenix

How comfortable do you guys think the Joycon Grip controller is going to be?

It's the default controller for playing in docked mode after all and not everyone is going to be grabbing a Pro controller.

Splatoon, sure. Mario Kart, I just put switch there just because I had no other idea. Placeholder name.

Oh, I figured. I just bolded Smash 4 Switched and Splatoon. I figured you weren't serious about any of them of course.

But I could definitely see that Splatoon one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom