• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Nah. Even with little footage we have, there's no evidence of that.

giphy.gif

It was my first thought as well though. The camera angle and walls left and right look yery Temple Run-ish. But I'm sure we'll be fine.

Is anyone expecting much software wise? To be honest I am lowering my expectations. It seems most of the launch software has already been leaked or shown, and I am not sure if Nintendo is going show much beyond the launch, maybe a couple of holiday titles.

- Zelda:BOTW switch version has been shown, although off screen. I am looking forward to the new trailer though

- Super Mario Switch: already been briefly shown, very excited for the full reveal

- NBA game. Don't really care about that

- Skyrim: good game to have on the console

- Splatoon 1.5

- Mario Kart 8.5

- Pokémon Stars

- Rumoured Xenoblade Chronicles X switch version (???)

I'm not expecting much else software wise for launch and the coming months - Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash 4 are enough for me in 2017.

Golden Rose

Neo Member
Due to current circumstances (console sales declining in Japan, Wii U failing to catch on, console/handheld hybrid approach, etc), is this the most important Nintendo system as far as needing success since the NES?

I would say yes. Quite honestly I think if the Switch sells poorly they'll go third party. They can't handle two failed consoles in a row.

I'm merely speculating here, but it looks like a 3D runner IMO.

If you look at the very end of the gif with the bullet bill, you can see Mario begin to skid to a stop. I very much doubt this is a 3D runner.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The 3d Mario footage does look like a 3d runner, indeed. Especially the camera position. But I hope it's just what Nintendo picked and not how the game will be.

Tom Nook

Is anyone expecting much software wise? To be honest I am lowering my expectations. It seems most of the launch software has already been leaked or shown, and I am not sure if Nintendo is going show much beyond the launch, maybe a couple of holiday titles.

- Zelda:BOTW switch version has been shown, although off screen. I am looking forward to the new trailer though

- Super Mario Switch: already been briefly shown, very excited for the full reveal

- NBA game. Don't really care about that

- Skyrim: good game to have on the console

- Splatoon 1.5

- Mario Kart 8.5

- Pokémon Stars

- Rumoured Xenoblade Chronicles X switch version (???)

That's a realistic confirmation list of games for Switch. I not expecting "out of nowhere" games like Waverace or Earthbound.

I hope the final game they will show is Mario.
Please be like Galaxy.

Thank you. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. It definitely shouldn't be ruled out.

It hadn't occurred to me, but you're right - the entire motion throughout the brief clip is in a straight line.

However, there look to be interactable elements on the sidelines in the first shot suggesting a hub, so I'm going to go with no.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't a runner imply they can't go left and right?

Even Mario veers off to the left and right during the jumping of the columns. That bullet bill tracks him across 3D space instead of firing straight forward.

And Nintendo isn't that stupid.

Matbtz

Guys... I'm just saying it looks entirely possible based on the above posted gif. I seriously hope that's not the case.

It's impossible based on the gif above that this is a 3D runner, too many collectables everywhere. If this a 3D runner how can you jump on the Mexicans buildings to collects things. How can you take the flying heart or the rings on the second part ? etc etc etc
Plus this is an home console Mario so it's just not possible :)

tr1p1ex

2 days away from waiting another 2 months for it to come out.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the details tho. Still figure there's a gimmick they've kept hidden.

Thank you. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. It definitely shouldn't be ruled out.

lmaooo c'mon you guys are taking crazy pills if you seriously think Hayashida and Nintendo are making their next 3D mario game an endless runner. You can even see Mario begin to stop at the end of the posted gif. i know we are slow on the news but we have got to find something more interesting to discuss

Wouldn't a runner imply they can't go left and right?

Even Mario veers off to the left and right during the jumping of the columns. That bullet bill tracks him across 3D space instead of firing straight forward.

And Nintendo isn't that stupid.

If it is some sort of runner (which is mere speculation) you would obviously be able to go left and right. I would just fill better if we saw a clip of Mario stopping and turning around. Not trying to stir up some shit, but I think it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom