• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suplexer

I wish I didn't have to pay so much for freaking college because I really wanted to buy one of these at launch!

Very excited!

P.S. Animal Crossing due out during launch window and crossover titles line called "Switch-Ups" to be announced. My dad works for Nintendo.

TEJ

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but is it a conference or more like a direct? Can I view it from my wii u?

I wish I didn't have to pay so much for freaking college because I really wanted to buy one of these at launch!

Very excited!

P.S. Animal Crossing due out during launch window and crossover titles line called "Switch-Ups" to be announced. My dad works for Nintendo.

Everybody at your college is gonna have one man. Imagine the the rooftop parties; you'll be left in the lobby!

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Anybody know if you can use store credit to pre-order the console in-store at GameStop? I'm planning on lining up outside my local shop tomorrow morning.

Rootbeer

Banned
my gamestop is def opening at their normal time (10AM), I did say I heard some stores are opening a little earlier and they said it's possible their opening time could change if they get late word, but so far it's the normal time.

I really don't want to pre-order from gamestop... but I will head down there if I can't find a better source before around 7AM

Also asked what the interest has been like... they claim interest has been somewhat on the low side, just a few people here and there over the last week.

akileese

my gamestop is def opening at their normal time (10AM), I did say I heard some stores are opening a little earlier and they said it's possible their opening time could change if they get late word, but so far it's the normal time.

I really don't want to pre-order from gamestop... but I will head down there if I can't find a better source before around 7AM

Going to gamestop, if you don't mind lining up early, is a really safe bet to grab a system. You can always show up, judge the line, and go from there.

Very excited!

.... Nintendo needs you on their marketing team.

Trevelyan

Banned

Also asked what the interest has been like... they claim interest has been somewhat on the low side, just a few people here and there over the last week.

Same, mine said normal time, 10am.

NateDrake

Called a few local GameStop. All said 10am open but to line up early. One said 9am for lining up, but it was one of the busier stores in the area.

Iwata_coming_to_drop_the_bomb.jpg

I miss Iwata. :(

Is this a meme for ants?

Griss

Anyone else excited to see the OS?

I'm that rare guy who loves Nintendo's OSes, from the Wii to the 3DS to the Wii U. The only problem with the Wii U's was its speed and the fact that settings were silo'd off into their own 'app' kind of deal. Other than that I loved it. The Miiverse-enabled home screen was just comfy Nintendo genius. You felt good every time you booted the system up and saw all these happy avatars rushing to the game of their choice.

Really looking forward to seeing what they put together this time.

I wish Nintendo would follow Sony's strategy when announcing pre-orders and announce a certain date and time for pre-orders would start. Sony did it for the PSVR.

PMS341

Yea when I worked for GS I too noticed a decrease in wall real estate for Nintendo and increase for Microsoft. I assumed this was due to a strained relationship. I also remember hearing from a few managers that Nintendo pretty much cut out all free stuff at the GS conference. Nintendo and GS relationship got worse after Wii U I am told.

You're correct. It's really just "business as usual" for Gamestop. Marketing, profits, etc. Some weird stuff was going on right around the PS4/XB1 launch, where you had an excess of marketing towards the XB1, Gamestop TV wouldn't shut up about it, "from-the-top" orders not to compare the two consoles, all that fun stuff. I suppose it makes a bit of sense - remember Nancy Tellem from E3 2013?

TzTEKYP.jpg

She is the onetime entertainment and digital media president of Microsoft and an ex-president of CBS, which again, owns Gamestop TV. I'm sure there were more than a few handshakes.

Meanwhile, Nintendo is at the back of a lot of the higher-ups' minds. I went to quite a few regional meetings that really shocked me at times (maybe it shouldn't have).

Lgndryhr

Called a few local GameStop. All said 10am open but to line up early. One said 9am for lining up, but it was one of the busier stores in the area.

I'd imagine this is a call by either the store manager or district manager based on popularity at the store(s).

I'm that rare guy who loves Nintendo's OSes, from the Wii to the 3DS to the Wii U. The only problem with the Wii U's was its speed and the fact that settings were silo'd off into their own 'app' kind of deal. Other than that I loved it. The Miiverse-enabled home screen was just comfy Nintendo genius. You felt good every time you booted the system up and saw all these happy avatars rushing to the game of their choice.

I am I keep forgetting about it.

Honestly, this might be one of my more hype parts of the presentation. I love Nintendo OS design, slowness notwithstanding.

Vuze

Oh boy, so Amazon UK pre-orders seem to go live at 7am.
Wonder if this translates to 8am or 7am here. Or just some completly different time.

BUT FIRST I shall wait for the presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom