• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Was there ever a Gamestop manager who said "We totally gonna have enough, no need to preorder"

While true the most helpful info I got was their NES Classic initial allotment of 13 at my store. If the Switch allotment is in that range I know both big stores near me are gonna have to turn people away before they open due to how much traffic they get.

Coda

When Amazon preorders open

giphy.gif

Seriously, I'm so nervous about it.

Gonna be like this once I finally secure my pre-order:

agBdHk4.png

I would be very happy with the OS if it was still very much in the vein of the 3ds and Wii U, just nice and fast. Really love the simplicity and ease of use of their ui for consoles since the Wii.

DannyCool

Is there gonna be a spoiler-free thread somewhere? :/ I'm so afraid of being spoiled and i'd would wanna watch the presentation. Preferably with EasyAllies but i don't know how soon they'll post that one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A local rep that has been with Nintendo for 12+ years and always given me accurate info. As well as few people met through this rep.

So in other words a retail rep who is essentially not in position to know anything and only loosely an employee of NoA. This is the functional equivalent of "My GameStop manager told me"

I really don't think that was wise to post.

Yeah poor Jenny is going to get spammed with calls

I really don't think that was wise to post.

555 area code does not exist. as a kid i was told that it was so that entertainment could show phone numbers without subjecting a real phone to harassment.

even if you didn't know the rest of the reference that's some general knowledge to hold.

Sylas

Is there gonna be a spoiler-free thread somewhere? :/ I'm so afraid of being spoiled and i'd would wanna watch the presentation. Preferably with EasyAllies but i don't know how soon they'll post that one.
What kind of spoilers are you hoping to avoid while also getting info? Lol. The price is gonna be in thread titles I assure you.

phanphare

Banned
I would be very happy with the OS if it was still very much in the vein of the 3ds and Wii U, just nice and fast. Really love the simplicity and ease of use of their ui for consoles since the Wii.

yeah I love the 3DS and Wii U UI. obviously the apps loading needs to be quicker but as far as the layout and everything goes they're the easiest to navigate. in most instances you can open what you need to open with a single input.

Griss

Talking about the OS again, I'll mention my impossible dream for the UI one last time...

Digital physical ownership.

As in, the pleasure of owning physical games and devices, but digitally. Digital representations of the physical items. So when you scroll your digital game collection, you can scroll by 3D boxes with the proper box art. You can click on a box and see the cartridge / disc etc. Scan an amiibo and it appears permanently on a 'shelf' in part of the OS. So on and so forth.

Sound crazy? Well if you hacked your Wii back in the day, the USB Loader GX had a UI that was very similar to this and it was absolutely amazing, and I've wanted it ever since. Scrolling through all these beautiful box arts, then seeing the actual disc art when you selected a game... I loved it and it made me feel like I wasn't missing out by going digital. (Of course, I actually DID have the physical versions of those games in a box somewhere, but with the Switch I won't.)

Almost a 0% chance of this happening, even if it might help Amiibo sales.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Bookmark the YouTube presentation and watch it before you check GAF. Spoiler free threads might make sense art E3 when there are dozens of presentations and remembering and tracking them all is a minefield, but this is a single video stream.

weekev

Banned
So in other words a retail rep who is essentially not in position to know anything and only loosely an employee of NoA. This is the functional equivalent of "My GameStop manager told me"

To be fair the info he gave was pretty vague and flaky as to agree with this statement. It's not like he leaked Resi7 from his Nintendo rep friend.

akileese

So you US people who are calling Gamestops, are you getting confirmations that they're actually taking preorders at open? I don't mind getting up at 630 to sit outside a Gamestop, but I'll be damned if I'm spending my day off getting up almost as early as I get up for work on the chance that they're taking preorders.

Lgndryhr

They flew out yesterday to Redmond for hands on training. They have been in the know in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom