• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So Pokemon STARS

Real? Fake? Anything?

Multiple people among the Nintendo Rumour Leaker Twitter Cluster have reported a third version of Pokemon for the Switch. Some have I believe used this name, presumably jumping off the naming scheme the series uses. Now, whether this is based on actual information or just reasonable speculation that Nintendo will release its biggest franchise on its only hardware platform, that remains unclear.

These claims are bolstered when GameStop referred to a Pokemon game for Switch on its site, but that editorial text may have been written by someone based on rumours because nothing in the article actually gives the impression they actually know anything.

The question is why it sort of matters at this point. Nintendo is obviously not going to quit Pokemon. They release a Pokemon game every year or two. If they port Sun/Moon and call it Stars, great. If they don't, then I'm sure they'll release a Pokemon game on the Switch at some point. Either way, you'll be well taken care of.

Solobbos

Lol IGN already removed the WiiU tab at the top and changed it to Switch

Eh? No, they didn't.

g2dDWcg.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I assume joke list, cause Super Robo mouse dev doesn't have a dev kit. Lol

It's not a joke list, but it's relatively easy to add information and any time a dev says "Well I would like to look at Switch but I don't have a dev kit and I've never released a game and I'm 13 and also can anyone program? My idea is basically Minecraft, but with guns" stuff gets added to GameFAQs. So this is basically a point in time list of stuff that has been rumoured, alleged, or confirmed for Switch irrespective of if there is even a chance the products will come out or actually exist.

gogojira

What if the mystery dev of new Metroid was Armature. They've head a rough go with some of their games but with Nintendo's help and their history with the series, it could be good.

brinstar

With 3DS & Vita winding down, it will be the new default home for JRPGS I think, particularly those that would have went on those platforms (which is most of them these days... unless you count mobile, though I am wondering if ios/androids ports might also flourish on Switch)

Just one of the many reasons to want a Switch!

Yeah tbh this is my biggest hope for the Switch. I play my 3DS way more than my consoles and I'm really hoping those style of games carry over to the Switch.

Those kind of games on there plus the ability to play on TV or on the go is literally my dream system haha.

Ponn

Banned
Man I hope that Disgaea port is true, I really want Switch to have a lot of RPGs

*high five* you I like.

Anyone get an email from Amazon US for preorders? If so did they have a time listed? Thinking of taking a nap to prepare for a long night of F5ing.

Kaze Kyou

Man thank God my meeting today starts at 4pm. The Switch presentation starts at 3pm here in Australia - even it goes on more than an hour I'll have seen most of it. 🙏

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Amazon preorders are at 1 am ET, can anybody tell me if Amazon charges your card right away, or will they wait till it ships?

brad-t

- Nintendo's focus is offline co-op fun with friends, it's absolutely vital to Nintendo that Switch appeals to kids, they hope kids will play together with their friends on Switch thanks to the included Joy-Con. You may not like this but this will be the centre point of Nintendo's messaging.

I think most of what you wrote is reasonable, but I don't see how kids playing together is the centre point of Nintendo's messaging when the reveal trailer didn't include a single kid. I am pretty sure they are aiming for adults as the early adopters here.

WadeitOut

Really wish this came out in November. I miss the Wii/Wii U Launch where I spent the freezing ass cold inside playing Nintendo games.

Mik317

I think most of what you wrote is reasonable, but I don't see how kids playing together is the centre point of Nintendo's messaging when the reveal trailer didn't include a single kid. I am pretty sure they are aiming for adults as the early adopters here.

yep. It seems like the main focus is on young hip millennials....which makes sense as those are the type of people who have money to buy it right now .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom