• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iFirez

Amazon UK have added this to the listing:

That's a little more encouraging at least. Scalpers shouldn't be a big issue.
Debating maybe preordering one on Amazon and then in store at GAME too, until I know quantities. Amazon don't charge until like the week of, right?

Do wonder if people are expecting every nintendo ip know to man to be announced. Sony conference for reference was this:

Killzone: Shadowfall
Drive Club
inFamous : Second Son
The Witness
Dreams
Deep Down
Watch Dogs
Blizzard - Diablo 3
Destiny

Actually that ain't too bad.

ON paper seems like a great list, but, of the ones that came out, The Witness and kinda Destiny are the only good ones. Should't be hard to have more than 2 good games.

-Horizon-

-Do groceries
-Finish INSIDE
-Go to the gym
-Eat

That should kill a few hours.

fe8.png

Oh man. Going out with my brother tonight for a mini bachelors party. Nothing crazy just a couple of beers and food. Then going home to get ready for the hype train.

Glix

Going home from work now.

Gonna get stoned as fuck and draft magic the gathering online until switch time!

Then the even more brutal time killing begins! Until Sat at 2:30 when i get to actually play it!!

And a three day weekend!

Hype overload!

How is everyone passing time till the event?

I'm sat in my living room - it's 10pm here. Playing MonHun Gens which should keep me occupied for a couple of hours then I'm gonna play some NES Classic games to hype up and read GAF. Probably gonna have to drink another can of Monster to keep my energy levels high, but that's all!

Going to play Smash 4 on the Wii U - fitting to me because it represents not only the swan song of the Wii U but also every major Nintendo franchise and it's just a fun game to play.

After, I'll just re-read every Switch rumor from the beginning when it was called NX up until the even starts. I'll be watching the event online with my friends via Twitch and do bingo with an image that I found on GAF

Aswell

As in a thread with a link on the first page to the stream from the start without reading anything spoiler related before hand.
You can already go to the page of the video presentation on YouTube, then replace "watch" with "embed" in the URL so that the video takes the whole window (no related videos on the right of the page). (https://www.youtube.com/embed/uuC4YLLkqME)
When you will refresh the page after the presentation, you should be able to play the video from the beginning (I'm not sure though, but that's what I'm going to try anyway).

SuperSah

Banned
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think with Amazon, many times, when they have a preorder open, they don't close the preorder tab, they let anyone preorder, they just release the item in the order in which they were placed, as the note says.

Usually they bypass their orders and then close it randomly. It's no telling who'll actually make the list.

Maybe a tactical sleep. Maybe. It's not on till 4am here. Timing sucks hard for me on this one being a work day :

Yeah, I was gonna do a tactical sleep but I'm not going to wake up and my alarms are never enough.

I'm sat in my living room - it's 10pm here. Playing MonHun Gens which should keep me occupied for a couple of hours then I'm gonna play some NES Classic games to hype up and read GAF. Probably gonna have to drink another can of Monster to keep my energy levels high, but that's all!

1. View/Buy a new car
2. Appointment with Psychiatrist
3. Gym
4. Switch Presentation.

shtolky

FWIW, I saw this on the IGN Board re: not closing pre-orders on Amazon (this was from a UK chat so who knows if this applies to U.S.

I spoke to someone on Amazon Chat and they reckon they're not going to close pre-orders after a certain number have been made:

Manish: I have checked and see that the item is out of stock with us now.
Me: It's 'currently unavailable' because pre-orders aren't open yet. Pre-orders open tomorrow at 7am BST but in the notes it says there will be limited stock.
Manish: On checking, we have a note that if you preorder this item on 13 January, 2017 at 07:00 BST. you will receive the order but due to limited we are allowed to offer only one quantity for per customer.
Me: Will you accept all pre-orders though? And if not, roughly how many?
Manish: Yes, we will be able to fulfill the order to all the customer those who preordered this item, however, we offer only one quantity for per customer.
Me:So it won't say 'out of stock' on the pre-order page at any point?
Manish: If the item is currently unavailable, you don't have option to add the item to your basket. once the item is in stock or pre order available you have the option to add the item to your basket.
Me: Yeah, but after so many customers have pre-ordered will the Switch sell out on preorder?
Manish: No, you have the option to add the item to your basket. we will dispatch the item as per the priority of the placing the order.
Me: Okay, thanks for clarifying.

AdanVC

I just came home from work so I will do what I usually do on afternoons: studying, reading and listen music while checking social media stuff and this thread every 5 minutes to see if something genuine leaks, lol.

Do wonder if people are expecting every nintendo ip know to man to be announced. Sony conference for reference was this:

Killzone: Shadowfall
Drive Club
inFamous : Second Son
The Witness
Dreams
Deep Down
Watch Dogs
Blizzard - Diablo 3
Destiny

Actually that ain't too bad.

Well, one big difference is that this will be presumably be the one and only conference before the Switch launches. The PS4 reveal happened early enough that they still had E3, TGS, and gamescom to announce additional games. They had to time spread out announcements. So, expectations are higher because of how long Nintendo has waited and how short of a period there is between this conference and the launch.

Neoxon

SFV & UMvC3 with some of my Houston FGC buddies.

Ratros

On a plane to San Francisco right now... If I play my cards right I will be watching the stream in the hotel room.

How is Amazon for preordering consoles by the way? I usually do my business at GameStop, yet this time I won't be at home when the preorder starts. Will I be able to get the delivery at the same day the console launches? Thanks!

Dumb question, but my google fu is failing me, is there a UK/EU specific stream or should I just be watching the NA one?

Need to make sure I bookmark the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom