• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB2448

link to watch the stream?
For people that don't like the 45 second or so delay for YouTube live streams in comparison Twitch, but also have issues with the Twitch player in their web browser, I strongly suggest giving Streamlink Twitch GUI a try. Using this, you can play Twitch streams in your media player of choice (such as VLC, which works really well in my experience).

Using this for the presentation tonight at https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo should give you the best stream quality and consistency even if you have bad Internet. You can use the command line utility for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME if Twitch itself goes down in some sort of apocalyptic flame tonight, too (or if you still want to use YouTube despite the delay).

Hopefully a few GAFfers that tried it on Discord can also weigh in with their experience with it.
If you don't want to go through the effort of that and your internet is okay:
https://twitch.tv/nintendo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

Megatron

Sk_rmbillede_2017_01_12_kl_23_34_51.png

And with that, GAF, I'm off to bed.

See you on the flipside!

Are you going to wake up in five hours?

Im really questioning the commitment of Euro-gaf.

Rouse

BST? It's winter.

They must mean 7am current time.

If not then we will be sat around until 8am current time because that's what the time would be if they mean BST (British Standard / Summer Time).

For those outside of the UK we have BST which is between March and October which gives us an extra hour of light during the summer months, and then our time goes back an hour for the winter months, so we get more light during the winter.

Thats why there has been a lot of confusion / questions from guys in the UK because Amazon's timing is wrong.

Still im getting up and refreshing that page... and refreshing that page... and refreshing that page until I get one! Good luck all!

On a side note, has there been any mentions of allocations for each territory? Im sure the N64 only got like 20,000 units in the UK.

VegiHam

Wait, why are Amazon UK giving times as BST when we're on GMT at the moment?

What time do I have to be there to get an order in?

How is everyone passing time till the event?

I'm sat in my living room - it's 10pm here. Playing MonHun Gens which should keep me occupied for a couple of hours then I'm gonna play some NES Classic games to hype up and read GAF. Probably gonna have to drink another can of Monster to keep my energy levels high, but that's all!

AGDQ.

ckaneo

How does Nintendo's preorder supply looking compared to Microsoft/Sony?

Are we finally gonna be able to tell if they are artificially limiting supply or not?

Peléo

Slept two hours this night preparing for an exam I've done in the morning. Need to keep myself up for 5 more hours. Gf already went to bed. UK-Gaf if struggling.

Vibed

How strange it is to go to a wake soon, then get hyped for Switchmas...

I don't know how to feel. What poor, coincidental, but conflicted timing. :S

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just got home and...

BOMBERMAN'S BACK???!!!

I hope this isn't just a small title, I seriously hope Nintendo bought him from Konami after they bought him from Hudson and let him die.

Currently on my last break of the day at work. Less than an hour before I go home for the day. Gotta get the kids to bed earlier tonight! lol

Watch the stream then likely pass out or stay awake...not sure yet. Get up early and head to Gamestop. Will likely watch the treehouse live while waiting for Gamestop to open.

Good times!

Mariolee

How is everyone preordering tomorrow? I was going to do Gamestop but they open at 10 am. I'd rather doing something a bit earlier. What time does Wal-mat do their preorders?

Pacotez

Tonight Capcom is announcing a new Mega Man, Mega Man Zero, Powerstone, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil Spin Off, and Lost Planet game. Not to mention Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

I'm not planning on buying the Switch anytime soon but if they were to make a new MMX following X5 and scrapping everything afterwards I would pre-order it.
I liked Zero but disliked the story and hated x6~x8 and ZX

Illucio

Banned
How does Nintendo's preorder supply looking compared to Microsoft/Sony?

Are we finally gonna be able to tell if they are artificially limiting supply or not?
They have about a year for production. But production wise this isn't making a box, it's making a tablet that has to work with a ton of other features.

So more time =/ it's more time consuming to make.

How is everyone preordering tomorrow? I was going to do Gamestop but they open at 10 am. I'd rather doing something a bit earlier. What time does Wal-mat do their preorders?

The closest gamestop to me opens at 10am too but Im really hoping that tonight after the Switch gets presented, Gamestop does online pre orders..I will pay the whole thing in full just would prefer doing this online its raining here

Just got home and...

BOMBERMAN'S BACK???!!!

I hope this isn't just a small title, I seriously hope Nintendo bought him from Konami after they bought him from Hudson and let him die.

It would be a great buy. Nintendo has a huge place in it's heart for Bomberman; I'd love them to be able to create something decent for the IP again.

SuperSah

Banned
Cheers man!

oooh, good thinking! I might copy you!

I did it since a friendly member a couple of pages behind told me they won't charge or put a hold on my account till ship. I just didn't want a £999.99 hold on my card lol.

At least I have a preorder in! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom