• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyguns

East coast here..Currently getting ready to go out to dinner with my girlfriend and another couple we are friends with. Dinner should lead me right into about 9:30/10 just in time to get home and watch Easy Allies pre show....

Then of course, the main event at 11. Can't wait

Coda

Amazon US hasn't announced a time yet. They operate differently from Amazon UK.

It'd be cool if they announce a time so we can all plan for it rather than it just opening up at a random moment during the conference. I plan on watching it on the twitch app on my PS4 while having my computer open to pre-order.

Tom Nook

tumblr_ojogzoXOKl1s2gb48o1_1280.jpg

I thought Nintendo was only shipping 2 million at launch?

That was the the report from last October, but Kimishima said production could ramp up if they see an increase in demand. I wouldn't be surprised if the launch shipment has increased but that's just speculation on my end.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
What's everyone doing to hype themselves these last few hours?

After I eat something, I'm going to drink some beer and fire up my Wii you for the first time in ages. Play a little Splatoon, maybe some 3D World and Nintendoland, maybe fire up Mario Galaxy on the VC. :D

So on a scale of 1-10, how hype are we collectively right now?

I'm currently sitting at about a 5, but as we get closer, that's gonna ramp up to a 12. I'm hoping for some really surprising game announcements.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It would be a great buy. Nintendo has a huge place in it's heart for Bomberman; I'd love them to be able to create something decent for the IP again.

After the announcement they should put all the 64 Bomberman titles up on the VC, as well as a decent selection of the GB and GBA titles (I want Bomberman Tournament mainly).

blayne IV

How is everyone preordering tomorrow? I was going to do Gamestop but they open at 10 am. I'd rather doing something a bit earlier. What time does Wal-mat do their preorders?

Walmart didn't have any info when I stopped there.
My local Walmart is usually pretty good, told me they would have a few nes classics the night before and was able to score one the next day. No luck today. Lady asked over the radio and got a response from manager quickly.

If I don't get one in amazon tonight I'll try at 6am tomorrow

(And maybe "work from home" until the local Gamestop opens and try to get one there too)

Have the need to have one of these for home and another "for on the go" or to use if any games work better multiple with 2 screens.

Anyone else trying to get more than one for themselves?

That was the the report from last October, but Kimishima said production could ramp up if they see an increase in demand. I wouldn't be surprised if the launch shipment has increased but that's just speculation on my end.

I heard somewhere else that 2 million is now the US shipment number.

alexbull_uk

Was bored and hyped, so I made this:

0O0Dalhg.jpg

Shame the presentation is at 4am here, I'll have to wait until after work to catch up on all the news. Just hope my GAME preorder holds.

It's a well researched piece of bullshit if it is. I think it's true but they could always have thrown in a few fake titles for fun.

Oh i dont doubt a lot of research went into it, one thing is clear from all the switch bullshitters has been they've all had a hell of a lot of time on their hands

Moltenix

Feels like it's Splatfest with all the #TeamReal versus #TeamFake.

TeamFake seems to be leading in popularity but will TeamReal get enough wins to seal their victory?!

Can't wait for the results!

I hope Switch encourages local network multiplayer, with its portability is a no brainer.

Also what happened to that next gen vibration feedback into switch?

People tried to do that with wiiu too. Scalpers returned them in droves.

True, but others said the Switch hype was several times greater than Wii U so I dunno. With the NES classic debacle still fresh in scalper's minds, it will make it more difficult for them to resist.

JB2448

Wow this is ultra useful! I'm always a YouTube user when it comes to streams but the delay in it truly kills the surprises when I see twitter flooding with news I still haven't seen on the stream because it's 1 or 2 minutes delayed so will definitely check this out! Thank you!
Wanted to say thanks because I just installed that and tried with the AGDQ stream and it works wonderfully !!
Glad you were able to get some use out of it. I figured it's better to tell people about it now while they can still test it out on streams such as AGDQ in preparation for tonight.

Walmart didn't have any info when I stopped there.
My local Walmart is usually pretty good, told me they would have a few nes classics the night before and was able to score one the next day. No luck today. Lady asked over the radio and got a response from manager quickly.

If I don't get one in amazon tonight I'll try at 6am tomorrow

(And maybe "work from home" until the local Gamestop opens and try to get one there too)

Have the need to have one of these for home and another "for on the go" or to use if any games work better multiple with 2 screens.

Anyone else trying to get more than one for themselves?

I'm debating on a second one, if i can easily get them.

AdanVC

So on a scale of 1-10, how hype are we collectively right now?

I'm currently sitting at about a 5, but as we get closer, that's gonna ramp up to a 12. I'm hoping for some really surprising game announcements.

7. I'm actually more nervous because expectations across the net are sooooooo high, I simply don't know if Nintendo will be able to deliver :(

Hoping for the best and hope this almost 2 years of mostly silence and light announcements are worth it.

It'd be cool if they announce a time so we can all plan for it rather than it just opening up at a random moment during the conference. I plan on watching it on the twitch app on my PS4 while having my computer open to pre-order.

I've seen set times where preorders disappear in less than 1 minute or the button to preorder doesn't light up before it's sold out. I dont know if I want that, personally.

Nairume

Banned
What is Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers supposed to be a port of? That weird HD Remix thing? They made new sprites for that just for the Switch?

That is such a hilarious rumor.
Capcom only ever changes the name if there is something significantly different. If it were just Super Turbo HD, it would just be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom