• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iFirez

Going to try to grab an Amazon UK preorder and then pop into GAME and get an in store preorder and talk to the staff there; then go to the midnight opening, and if all that goes well I'll cancel/return the Amazon UK preorder.

Rafy

Online Pre-orders are up on the Italian Gamestop site

c622fab8ff70af0cfc1724f9e4f64ff5.png

I haven't owned a main Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

I think Switch might be the one to get me back on the Nintendo train.

Roll on tomorrow morning :D

orient

Neo Member
EB Games opened up preorders as soon as the thing was announced here in Aus, when they clearly had no indication of how many they'll have in stock. Not sure how that works because surely they can't guarantee day 1 to everyone so I haven't bothered yet.

Been out of the loop for a few days, Zelda and Mario launch window likelihood???

Zelda is a lock at this point, although some European countries may be up in the air. Insiders are saying that Mario is either complete or near complete, so that one really seems to come down to whether Nintendo wants to load up their launch lineup.

oatmeal

Banned
I could see them announcing it at 349.99 base. They always make a decision that deflates the hype instantaneously

Every time.

twisteh

Why does Amazon have the time listed as 7 BST in the UK?

Obviously this means 6AM, but is the BST a mistake and they mean 7AM instead? Need to know when to set my alarm.

I worry a lot of people lose their minds when Nintendo do announces a $350 price point.

I'm honestly really confused why everyone seems to think something as cheap as $199 is possible and anything over $249 is suicide. It's a full home console that is also a handheld, it's not going to launch for less than a original 3DS did, and it's presumably powerful enough to justify a $300-$350 price point. I can understand hoping it's more inexpensive to justify into a budget, but expecting the thing to be super cheap seems wrongheaded (if not for the $250 rumors already up).

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly really confused why everyone seems to think something as cheap as $199 is possible and anything over $249 is suicide. It's a full home console that is also a handheld, it's not going to launch for less than a original 3DS did, and it's presumably powerful enough to justify a $300-$350 price point. I can understand hoping it's more inexpensive to justify into a budget, but expecting the thing to be super cheap seems wrongheaded (if not for the $250 rumors already up).

Well, that's the thing, presumably it's not powerful enough to justify a pricetag above $250.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's the other way around.

Nope. Laura Kate Dale and others that heard Zelda wasn't day one have recanted on that.

Plus, they wouldn't be showing Zelda on the Jimmy Fallon Show (and no other Switch games) if it wasn't the big launch title.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
What's everyone doing to hype themselves these last few hours?

After I eat something, I'm going to drink some beer and fire up my Wii you for the first time in ages. Play a little Splatoon, maybe some 3D World and Nintendoland, maybe fire up Mario Galaxy on the VC. :D
Working, but honestly fuck work

The_Lump

Banned
Zelda at launch seems locked. Great news if it's pans out. Gives switch the best possible start.

My guess is Mario is done in time for launch, but they stagger it's release with Zelda. Probably after e3 or something.

So I generally give Nintendo a lot of shit but I airways but their handhelds and play a small amount of games on it. I find myself getting a bit hopeful about the Switch now if only for what it can do for Pokemon. Never bought sun and Moon but I hear a switch edition could be in the works as well so I might be getting back into the Pokemon hype when I thought I had finally grown out of it.

Now, I've never liked Zelda. Found it to be boring. That's just me. I know people won't like hearing that but that's I feel. With that being said, these boxarts have me mildly considering this latest Zelda because why not.

oh god i just realized this thing is probably going to be $400. $250 even $300 seem like pipe dreams all of a sudden.

shit the Wii u is still $300.

SuperSah

Banned
I couldn't place an order, they told me my payment failed.

Maybe they're having problems?

Did you do generic card or PayPal?

I did generic card and it worked fine. Maybe because the card I used has the purported funds they requested. Maybe yours didn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom