• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krumble

I couldn't place an order, they told me my payment failed.

Maybe they're having problems?

Which bank are you?
I bank with HSBC and haven't been able to use my card online with GAME for years now, only site I've ever come across my bank consistently flags up as fraud, helps me out to be honest, though have bought the occasional exclusive special edition using PayPal

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
What's everyone doing to hype themselves these last few hours?

After I eat something, I'm going to drink some beer and fire up my Wii you for the first time in ages. Play a little Splatoon, maybe some 3D World and Nintendoland, maybe fire up Mario Galaxy on the VC. :D

Im trying to decrease the hype to get some sleep, but its just impossible with the awesomebombs that Iwata is dropping from heaven in just five hours.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
On shitty-ass mobile and can't really peruse the thread, but what exactly is the countdown for? What's happening tonight?

Nibel

We in here

ra04TuH.gif

Well, that's the thing, presumably it's not powerful enough to justify a pricetag above $250.

I'm perfectly happy with a 250 price, but that's 100 dollars less than the top model Wii U was, and I have to assume the console is stronger comparative to today than the Wii U was on release.

The_Lump

Banned
What's everyone doing to hype themselves these last few hours?

After I eat something, I'm going to drink some beer and fire up my Wii you for the first time in ages. Play a little Splatoon, maybe some 3D World and Nintendoland, maybe fire up Mario Galaxy on the VC. :D

In bed, going to sleep for a few hours, then I'll wake up, watch the event and pre-order.

Day off tomorrow so a celebratory breakfast and maybe a spot of gaming.

I could see them announcing it at 349.99 base. They always make a decision that deflates the hype instantaneously

Every time.

i'm starting to think that $250 is too low, it's nintendo and they don't want a loss, you have to think about the cost on those new controllers and dock too even if it's a simple dock, it's still going to add to the price.

It's easy to think "well it's an $200 nvidia tv with a screen" but this is nintendo.

Which bank are you?
I bank with HSBC and haven't been able to use my card online with GAME for years now, only site I've ever come across my bank consistently flags up as fraud, helps me out to be honest, though have bought the occasional exclusive special edition using PayPal

Thats very astute of HSBC

//DEVIL//

I hope the system isn't priced at 400$ . I mean the WiiU because of the screen is still 300$ plus .

I don't want this to be a 400$ .

Worst case scenario I would go for is 350$. And that's really pushing my limit. 300$ is an amazing spot ( anyone who think it might be 250$ is honestly crazy IMO lol )

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm perfectly happy with a 250 price, but that's 100 dollars less than the top model Wii U was, and I have to assume the console is stronger comparative to today than the Wii U was on release.

Wii U also sold like shit and multiple Nintendo execs have stated that they feel price was a problem and that Nintendo hardware probably needs to be cheaper. They know they're market outside of their diehards is families and as a secondary platform to core gamers--both are pretty price sensitive markets.

I want to take the time to give Kimishima some credit. I think the decision to hold those lengthy gameplay livestreams after the presentation is under his command. Seriously, we are going to watch lots and lots of footage in the coming weekend due to Treehouse and two-day livestream in Japan.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That ARMS game sounds really neat, what exactly does the rumor say about it and is Platinum involved or is the W101-style a coincidence?

oh god i just realized this thing is probably going to be $400. $250 even $300 seem like pipe dreams all of a sudden.

shit the Wii u is still $300.

Wii U's here have been around £200 for the longest of time, even £269 or so for the MK8 Splatoon pack-in version.

Switch is going to be £300 i'm starting to think.

Air

Banned
If there's 1 version it definitely won't be $300. $300 will only happen if there's a pack-in and extra memory. Otherwise it's suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom