• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Placeholder prices and pessimism.

Oh, the usual. Some people are new at this I guess.

Placeholder prices will never match an NDA'd MSRP/RRP and will always be higher than the actual price in these cases. In other words, it'll match or be lower than whatever the lowest placeholder price you can find is.

There is no way this is gonna be $350 as the base, Wii U was $299.99 for the base model so I don't see them going higher that than for here as a base.

$249.99 is as low as I could see them going but they don't want to sell at a loss. Maybe that'd break even though.

x3sphere

lol @ $349. Sadly I wouldn't discount the possibility knowing Nintendo, but I'd definitely be out at that price. $300 max for me... hoping for $250

So? That line of reasoning doesn't make sense to me. If you would be just as happy with PS4 or X1 then you would've bought one already. People buying a Switch are doing so either for Nintendo exclusive games or for the hybrid gimmick. Obviously the price can't be too high but it's not simply a direct comparison to PS4/X1 price because in reality there aren't a lot of people just waiting around deciding which singular platform to adopt.

So your saying they don't want to be competitive? Ok lol

LETS GOOOOOO

C1_7UCtVIAAXQzA.jpg

thats incredible

Vaga

Gotta admit I'm more excited about gaf reactions than the damn console. Hopefully the show will be delicious, full of cringe, tears and all the usual nintendo flavors.

also 300 euros minimum

Donnie

I'm perfectly happy with a 250 price, but that's 100 dollars less than the top model Wii U was, and I have to assume the console is stronger comparative to today than the Wii U was on release.

WiiU's performance was hampered by certain design decisions, it wasn't a case of it being cheap to produce. In fact it was extremely expensive to produce relative to its performance. Switch doesn't seem to have those problems. They're letting go of legacy tech for instance, and embracing newer higher performing parts that are also cheaper to produce.

SeanIfOnly

Neo Member
It has been incredibly hard to focus on work today. I am a 34 year old guy who is acting like tonight is Christmas morning.... Been a LONG time since I was this excited about anything gaming.

Price guess: 250 with a pack in bundle at 300

Josh5890

Gamestop buddy of mine told me his store is getting about 30, and he told me to come early :(

Does anyone really think the line will get NES classic bad? I have a feeling there will be lines outside gamestop but not that bad.

Think getting there 1 hour early is enough?

I'm getting in line at six am, but mainly because I start work at that time so it won't be a big deal at all for me.

MuchoMalo

Banned
And how many times did they launch and have a drought immediately after release and then apologize and say they learned from their mistakes?

This is Nintendo. They don't learn and are stupidly stubborn.

$349

Does that also mean that you expect a smartphone-level profit margin?

If it's over $300, screw a 3DS cartridge, I'll make a smoothie with my gold OoT N64 cart and drink it. That's how positive I am that it'll hit $250

Morts

I'm ready for the confusion when some plausible rumors are neither confirmed nor debunked and we have to speculate until E3.

Pocks

Is there a general recommendation as to where to pre-order for US gamers?

Target has their 5% discount with their REDcard. Amazon also now has 5% back, plus 20% off non-bundle pre-order games right? Does GameStop have any benefits?

Weighing my options. Surprised there isn't an article breaking everything down—maybe we'll get something after the presentation.

Griss

There's always a danger when a group settles on something unconfirmed as near-fact that we could get a nasty shock. Right now it feels like all of us believe that it'll launch at $250 and I just had to remind myself that that's far from guaranteed. Heavily rumoured, not guaranteed.

That said I'll be upset if it's more than that, and devastated if it's above 300 - devastated for Nintendo, that is.

I'm expecting $250-$300 price. I would still get it at $350 but wouldn't be as happy and may affect my game purchases. $400 and they better absolutely blow me away, though I don't think that will happen.

God I want that Ultra Street Fighter 2 leak to be real. I have no idea how that would go over after what happened with Street Fighter V lol

Cindro

I'm home from work, have tomorrow off, finished all of my adult responsibilities earlier in the week, and am now ready for a glorious weekend of Switch and AGDQ. Does it get any better than this?

On shitty-ass mobile and can't really peruse the thread, but what exactly is the countdown for? What's happening tonight?

Tonight is when Nintendo sacrifice a lucky few fan boys/girls by Hitobashira to the gaming gods to ensure they ward off the flood of rival fanboys/girls from attacking the NX.

AdanVC

Guys calm down, there's no way Nintendo Switch is going to cost higher than $300. This thing will be at $250-$300!!!

It has been incredibly hard to focus on work today. I am a 34 year old guy who is acting like tonight is Christmas morning.... Been a LONG time since I was this excited about anything gaming.

Price guess: 250 with a pack in bundle at 300

Sameee it's been a rough year and a half for Nintendo fans. It feels so nice to be hyped for something Nintendo related again!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So? That line of reasoning doesn't make sense to me. If you would be just as happy with PS4 or X1 then you would've bought one already. People buying a Switch are doing so either for Nintendo exclusive games or for the hybrid gimmick. Obviously the price can't be too high but it's not simply a direct comparison to PS4/X1 price because in reality there aren't a lot of people just waiting around deciding which singular platform to adopt.

That's true among core/serious/whatever you want to call them gamers.

There's always less serious gamers that straggle along when it comes to adopting newer generation consoles. Kids that age and ask their parents for a console etc.

Then you have gamers that already have a PS4 or X1 and are on the fence between buying the one they don't have or the new Nintendo. If the Switch is more expensive that could sway a lot of people to PS4/X1 instead of Nintendo.

Or people like me who have a PS4 and PC (where I play the MS stuff) and/or X1 and have to decide if we really need yet another platform for some exclusive games. Higher prices pushes more of those fence sitters to the pass side than the buy side.

So I agree that it's not a HUGE deal. Nintendo's success will mostly like with retaining the Wii U+3DS base. That's like 50-60 million and plenty to make huge profits on with their high attach rates that will only increase with having all their games on one platform. But a lower price will speed adoption and help sales to the secondary console crowed and family market.

For $250 I'm 100% in. Probably at launch, if not a few months later if I decide to wait and finish Mass Effect etc. first. $300 and I'll probably hold off a while. More than that and it's way off my radar for a while. It's not the money as I can afford the differences easily. More the principal of how much I'm willing to pay for a third platform after PC and PS4 given how many games I struggle to keep up with there.

SuperSah

Banned
I'd not put too much faith in the Italian website's pricing.

Nobody knows the price. GAME has it at £999. Sure, they acknowledge it won't be the actual price but let's just wait for it to come from the horse's mouth in 4.5 hours? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom