• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamestop buddy of mine told me his store is getting about 30, and he told me to come early :(

Does anyone really think the line will get NES classic bad? I have a feeling there will be lines outside gamestop but not that bad.

Think getting there 1 hour early is enough?

I think 1 hour is enough. It will cost 4-6 times as much as the NES Classic plus they'll be a much bigger supply. Stores getting 30 is better than the 8 or less NES Classics they got.

Bulzeeb

LETS GOOOOOO

C1_7UCtVIAAXQzA.jpg

4eb.png

Hype!!!

RowdyReverb

I still believe they are going to target $250 for the base model. It's the best way to set their console apart from the other 2 and regain their foothold in the console space

ManeKast

Hypothetical: So you get home day 1 with your Switch plus Zelda BOTW and a new 3D Mario.

Which do you play first?!

I'm gonna go with Mario. Tradition. But what a hard call!

Falchion

do we even know they WILL have pre-orders? Talking about Amazon USA here. Haven't they sometimes sold Nintendo hardware starting at release day?

No clue, I had assumed they would just based on what they normally do with hardware but if they treat Nintendo differently I don't know.

TL21xx

Banned
Does that also mean that you expect a smartphone-level profit margin?

If it's over $300, screw a 3DS cartridge, I'll make a smoothie with my gold OoT N64 cart and drink it. That's how positive I am that it'll hit $250

Someone hold him to this!

I won't because, you know, a gold OoT cart would never deserve that, but the video... The memes!

I actually agree with you, just FYI

Switch Hype is real, can't believe we're just hours away from the big reveal

Dreavus

It has been incredibly hard to focus on work today. I am a 34 year old guy who is acting like tonight is Christmas morning.... Been a LONG time since I was this excited about anything gaming.

Price guess: 250 with a pack in bundle at 300

I'll admit it's getting to me too.

This thread has been moving crazy fast all day.

I'm curious as to how screwed we Canadians will be in terms of exchange/CDN pricing on this thing.

Any word if pre-orders will start tonight after the show or tomorrow? If I pre-order online I think I'm going to go with Best Buy as they should offer in store pick up unlike Gamestop and I definitely want to avoid dealing with GS's horrible site.

tebunker

Banned
There's always a danger when a group settles on something unconfirmed as near-fact that we could get a nasty shock. Right now it feels like all of us believe that it'll launch at $250 and I just had to remind myself that that's far from guaranteed. Heavily rumoured, not guaranteed.

That said I'll be upset if it's more than that, and devastated if it's above 300 - devastated for Nintendo, that is.

Honestly if it's over $250 I can safely put my wallet away.

But you are totally right in that everyone needs to pump the breaks. It is very very possible that not a whole lot will be shown tonight, or not nearly as much as folks want. There is the Treehouse tomorrow and events over the weekend for longer looks.

All I want is price, date confirmation, and you can preorder now.

Hypothetical: So you get home day 1 with your Switch plus Zelda BOTW and a new 3D Mario.

Luckily I don't think we'll have to make such a decision but would probably go with Zelda. Admittedly that's somewhat likely to change once I see the new Mario :)

Cindro

I think I'm with you. Breaking in new Nintendo hardware with a new Mario game has a ritualistic quality to it that I find very appealing. Breath of the Wild stands a good chance of dethroning Ocarina as my favorite game of all time, so I'll be burning to play it, but Mario will be good to burn a few levels in first before melting into Hyrule for half a day straight.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a general recommendation as to where to pre-order for US gamers?

Target has their 5% discount with their REDcard. Amazon also now has 5% back, plus 20% off non-bundle pre-order games right? Does GameStop have any benefits?

Weighing my options. Surprised there isn't an article breaking everything down—maybe we'll get something after the presentation.

Best Buy for the extra GCU points and also 20% off non-bundle games.

Even if I bought Super Bomberman 5 and got like multipad adapter for the Super Famicom I am super excited for the possibility of new bomberman game.

CrisKre

It's dawning on me today we start seeing the fruits of Nintendo's massive restructuring over the last few years.

Gaf, I'm HYPE.

robotrock

Banned
Funny, my old DM used to say this all the time. Usually in regards to employees being let go, but still.
I know a few people who says stuff like that and used to get pretty mad. if it is what it is, well, okay? that doesn't add anything at all. totally nothing statement

Pachimari

It'll be less, console prices there are basically the same as the rest of Euro Europe as far as I know. 400 is suicide man.

No. It is more expensive here in Denmark. Let's say it's €300, then that'll be €300. Add taxes and all that shit, and we'll easily reach the €400. In comparison, a PlayStation 4 was €538 when it launched.

Par Score

No way should the base model of this thing be over $200.

Some deluxe version with pack-ins for $300? Sure. But if the base price for this is even as high as $250 then we're gonna have a 3DS situation all over again.

You're under the impression that the Switch will get 3rd party support?

Yeah? Saying it absolutely won't is based on pretty much nothing except "the past" which means nearly nothing.

Also if you believe any of the largely accepted leaks then you have to believe that some semblance of third party support is coming. FROM, Ubisoft, some EA stuff, most Japanese third parties, so on. There's really no reason to believe a decent number of publishers aren't at least vaguely interested in Switch.

boooga

Neo Member
I hope the Switch comes out at $250, but y'all need to set your expectations in reality. It could easily be priced at $299.

I'll try to preorder even if it's $399.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom