• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current mood

tumblr_m6i8gcyLgb1qcwoano1_500.gif

Plum

I can't get to sleep and now there's only about 3 hours until I've set my alarms for the event. If I don't sleep I'll probably be tired af for the event.

What should I do, GAF?

SuperSah

Banned
C'mon, almost 4 hours left.

It's nearly midnight now. Time to crack out the NES Classic. Gonna try beat Super Mario Bros. in one sitting proceeding through all worlds without using a pipe.

-Horizon-

I just need Monolith Soft to come in and drop me one of these trailers and I will forgive almost any bad thing they may announce as part of the switch presser.

One of the few games to hype me up this gen.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I agree wholeheartedly that the cheaper the Switch is, the better it will do. That's not my point. My point is that the current going rate of the PS4/X1 is not some hard "line in the sand". They should price it as cheaply as they can and not lose money. I don't believe the pool of customers making an "X or Y?" decision regarding Switch and PS4 is that large.

Keep in mind there's also an issue with how people individually perceive value of things their thinking about buying.

One doesn't have to actively be considering between a PS4/X1 Slim and Switch. They could already have one of those. But they see the Switch costing more than those things and see games like Horizon looking incredible on PS4 compared to Nintendo's cartoony art styles and feel it's a rip off.

Conversely, others love portable gaming and see the Switch feature as a huge benefit and think it's a bargain.

So pricing is tricky and only time will tell how whatever price they set works out for them.

I do agree that the direct comparisons to the competition are mostly moot. As much as Nintendo fans hate to admit it, the 50-60 million combined Wii U/3DS owners are really the market for this. If they're lucky, they keep most of those and maybe get another 10 million or so lapsed Nintendo fans who owned neither a Wii U or 3DS to pick up a Switch to complement their main platform--or as they're only platform if they'd quit gaming for a while.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Bloody hell, i wont be here for the event, absolutely need to sleep for tomorrow. Have fun, Neogaf

fucking shit work fuck aaaaAaaAaaaahhhh

Revven

So the Walmart site in Canada just updated the price of the Switch to $399. Hopefully that's a placeholder.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-switch-console/6000196750729

Unless there's something crazy about it we don't know that would cause them to price it that high, that is definitely placeholder and should not be taken into consideration whatsoever based on what we know and the current rumors on price.

Seriously, guys, Nintendo isn't that dumb to price it that high. Maybe a crazy bundle would be $399 but not the literal base system with no pack-in or extra anything.

Edit: Just realized it's Canada but the point still mostly stands. It's not going to be $300 at the minimum. It's going to be $250, if there's a second SKU then that is the $300 one which would be a bundle.

-Horizon-

We're in the pre hype doom phase I see. Better now than later lol.

Yeah, let me get this off my chest now...

*deep breath*

$599!

ONLINE NOW SUB ONLY FOR $20 A MONTH!

NO VC AT LAUNCH, COMING WHENEVER YOU DON'T WANT THEM ANYMORE!

SURPRISE! REGION CHAINED AND LOCKED TO YOUR BLOOD TYPE, GEO LOCATION, AND COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP!

ACCOUNTS? NOPE JK. STILL LOCKED TO YOUR CONSOLE.

THE TRAILERS WE'RE SHOWING TODAY? ALL DELAYED TO 2018!

ALSO YOU'RE MORE LIKELY TO GET HIT BY LIGHTNING WHILE HOLDING AN NES MINI THAN YOU ARE TO GET THIS CONSOLE IN THE COMING MONTHS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom