• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdstorm

Banned
This is a horrible idea. People would play what they want in a month and cancel.

Doubt it. There are litterally 1000s of titles across 6-7 generations of nintendo consoles that could be added to a subscription based Virtual Console service. No one could play them all in a month.

Besides people regularly replay games

20-50 pre-orders at GameStop depending on how busy the store is.

Can confirm. Every contact I have at GS still was in this range.

If I remember correctly preorders for the PS4 and XB1 were in a similar range at most of the stores when I was working there.

Thats a lot better then I thought it was going to be.

Will be curious to see how quickly they get sold out online.

GAMETA

Banned
Pessimist mode on

That way anything that comes is more than I'm expecting.

DROP THE BOMB, KIMISHIMA!

fHRZsaE.gif

Tsosie

Settle in folks, we are in for a ride. Got the kids in bed. Going to spend a few hours watching bad TV and cuddling with my wife. Then in just under 3 hours going to tune into the folks at EZA for a little pre-show. Then on to the main event. If either Zelda or 3DVD Mario is at launch it is day 1. Anything other than that would be icing on the cake. Stap in!

Doubt it. There are litterally 1000s of titles across 6-7 generations of nintendo consoles that could be added to a subscription based Virtual Console service. No one could play them all in a month.

Besides people regularly replay games

He specially said GC games and the way Nintendo trickles games out it's not like there's going to be 50 GC games right away. We might be lucky to see 20 GC games in the Switches life.

SuperSah

Banned
For a console launch, this is pretty impressive. Good going, NoA. Hopefully it's a similar situation at other retailers.

Is it? It seems like very little to me, but I'm not knowledgable on this production stuff.

I just hope Amazon UK and GAME get enough to fulfil the mammoth preorders they'll be receiving. Or simply just cut it off once the limit on allocation has been met.

No idea if this have been posted before but, like 20 minutes ago a chilean store (one of the biggest around here) published this on their facebook fanpage, claiming that "while we wait for the reveal, take a look at this accesories", basically confirming the Hori leak.

Two things called my attention tho, a grip for the controller in multiple colors and some sort of thumbs for the sticks that can be swapped. No idea if it is a stickers, a full swap, the store didn't specified.

476969.jpg

476966_832x627.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I still feel like target , Best Buy, and wal mart will unleash pre orders at 1 am-3am EST tomorrow
When systems reset they always do it at like 3 am EST

👀

Wouldn't surprise me in the least when the database flios to the next day in the middle of the night.

I'm probably fucked if that's the case, but I'll just solder on until I get my next option.

Is it? It seems like very little to me, but I'm not knowledgable on this production stuff.

It's what most retailers receive for a new console launch during the holidays, if not a bit more. It's a good number.

The hope is that online retailers each receive a large allotment.

Will the stream be available to watch after the event? I have work tomorrow, so not sure I want to get up at 4am to watch the presentation, but I want to find out the info via the presentation rather than Twitter! So would prefer to watch it in the morning.

Also, I'm not going to sweat it about preorders. Realistically, Nintendo are aiming to capture the imagination of an audience way beyond people aware of tonight's presentation. Most people are going to find out about the Switch via the mainstream media and Nintendo's advertising over the next couple of months, so the product has to be available to them. Worst case scenario is a Wii situation, but even with the Wii release, it wasn't selling out on pre-orders two months in advance (at least not in the UK).

Retrobox

Can confirm. Every contact I have at GS still was in this range.

If I remember correctly preorders for the PS4 and XB1 were in a similar range at most of the stores when I was working there.

Thats a lot better then I thought it was going to be.

Will be curious to see how quickly they get sold out online.

This isn't the Nintendo I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom