• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xdrive05

Folks, did Nintendo have downloadable free demos for the Wii-U? I'm hoping we get something like that for the NS, and at launch too. That would be a great way to show off and promote the new system.

Hot damn! I really enjoy those predictions! The only thing I'd change is expecting Mario Strikers to be a port of the Mario Sports game that's coming to 3DS. Many have noted that it seems like a ton of work is going into that game based on promotional art. What are your thoughts on hardware SKU's? One or two?

Scrawnton

So which asshole "insider" is going to leak most of the information today to get those very crucial twitter follows. It always happens 24hrs before a big event like this.
The presentation being locked down in Japan might actually help prevent the whole thing from leaking.

rosalina_in_mario_strikers_charged_football_by_lyokofan97-d4sr1w3.jpg

Holy hell, yes. I want this.

what-ok

I really don't see a benefit here. People wanting appstore apps most likely have an iPhone which they will have more access to during any given day. Not even thinking about how it will distract people from shopping at Nintendo's own eshop.

I hear ya. I guess I need some coffee, sleep or both. ( ;

correojon

How do y'all feel about Zelda potentially being the biggest game they have this year and it's also coming out on their 4 year old system?

I wonder how many of us will have now bought two consoles in preparation of playing Breath of the Wild.

I´m torn between getting it for Switch or WiiU :(

Yessss! I'm so happy! Pretty sure that I'll have a Switch on launch day *knocks wood*

So I called some local gameshops here in the Netherlands in my city and most of them already had 40+ pre-orders. I thought I was early!! Just signed me in to be sure, here in the Netherlands you can always cancel on releaseday if you find it somewhere else.

So I called one shop and they hadn't begun with the pre-orders! But they said screw it and began with me. So at least I'm first on the list there!! Of course there is always the small chance that they will get NO Switch-consoles, but to be honest that seems like a reaaaally small chance. Almost all game/toy shops at least get a few.

In the US its different, right? You guys can't pre order yet?

So hyped for friday (friday for us Europeans). Thursday night I'll be going to the capital city and staying in a hotel there, at 4 am I'll wake up, shower and then watch the presentation at 5 am. Then straight to the train station that'll take me to the press event to play with the console.

My personal hopes? Wave Race. Just Wave Race. I don't care what else they do, if I see a graphical impressive Wave Race they've made my year.

Fanuilos

Perhaps not a lock for the Switch event but there has certainly been a Metroid game in development for a long time. It is highly likely to be announced.

Speculation. It's possible that a Metroid game has been in development for a long time. It's possible that one will be announced tomorrow. It's also possible that one won't be announced. Keep those expectations in check. I don't want to be on GAF Friday listening to a bunch of people whine about stuff that was never confirmed.

How do y'all feel about Zelda potentially being the biggest game they have this year and it's also coming out on their 4 year old system?

I wonder how many of us will have now bought two consoles in preparation of playing Breath of the Wild.

BotW is pushing the Wii U a bit too far. Switch seems much smoother from the little we've seen, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm glad they waited for Switch.

I'm glad it's still coming to Wii U still solely for emulation.

Yessss! I'm so happy! Pretty sure that I'll have a Switch on launch day *knocks wood*

So I called some local gameshops here in the Netherlands in my city and most of them already had 40+ pre-orders. I thought I was early!! Just signed me in to be sure, here in the Netherlands you can always cancel on releaseday if you find it somewhere else.

So I called one shop and they hadn't begun with the pre-orders! But they said screw it and began with me. So at least I'm first on the list there!! Of course there is always the small chance that they will get NO Switch-consoles, but to be honest that seems like a reaaaally small chance. Almost all game/toy shops at least get a few.

In the US its different, right? You guys can't pre order yet?

So hyped for friday (friday for us Europeans). Thursday night I'll be going to the capital city and staying in a hotel there, at 4 am I'll wake up, shower and then watch the presentation at 5 am. Then straight to the train station that'll take me to the press event to play with the console.

My personal hopes? Wave Race. Just Wave Race. I don't care what else they do, if I see a graphical impressive Wave Race they've made my year.

No we wont be able to preorder until there is a valid sku in store's system.

Same here. It's my favorite racing IP and that trademark that popped up a month or so ago really got my hopes up.

Yep. I've played Wave Race 64 for 5 years straight I think? Soooo good. The physics are out of this world. Blue Storm doesn't come close but was still a great launch game.

No we wont be able to preorder until there is a valid sku in store's system.

Really strange, I mean I get the point but still. It's gonna be a madhouse for them coming friday (or few days after). Why put yourself through that as a store?

DLaicH

I hope there's at least one new announcement that they tease now and then do a huge BotW-style blowout at E3. Fingers crossed for a Metroid
/F-Zero crossover

Speculation. It's possible that a Metroid game has been in development for a long time. It's possible that one will be announced tomorrow. It's also possible that one won't be announced. Keep those expectations in check. I don't want to be on GAF Friday listening to a bunch of people whine about stuff that was never confirmed.

“So it has been a while since we released the last one [Metroid title] and we’re having discussions internally about what we can do next…

“So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we’ll be able to share something about them.” (Shinya Takahashi, 2014)

Yeah it is speculation but it's been over two years since that statement and Federation Force sets up the premise for Prime 4 and continues a story that hadn't been touched in nearly 10 years. I think it's far more likely than not.

marmoka

Banned
Apparently, this game has been canceled for 3DS and moved straight to Switch. Get ready for the official reveal in 38 hours

rjMdB43.png

I really miss Iwata and his Nintendo Directs. This one was a great parody.

Shiggy

I wonder if I can get my dad back into Nintendo gaming. I recently checked out his Game Boy collection and his collection is actually pretty good (and hardcore). It includes games such as Gargoyles, Mega Man, Ducktales, Mystic Quest, among others. As a child, those games were too difficult for me...

More than 20 years later, he doesn't really play anymore. Maybe some phone games for short periods or point & click adventures. I also recommended the Lara Croft Go and Deus Ex Go titles from the Amazon store, just like Monument Valley. With the latest Ubisoft promotion he also downloaded Assassin's Creed and I gave him my Xbox 360 controller. Seems like he enjoys it. That's probably the first really hardcore game he's playing since Resident Evil 4 on Wii.

Looking at the footage of Rime, I think it's exactly the kind of game he'd enjoy nowadays.

“So it has been a while since we released the last one [Metroid title] and we’re having discussions internally about what we can do next…

“So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we’ll be able to share something about them.” (Shinya Takahashi, 2014)

Yeah it is speculation but it's been over two years since that statement and Federation Force sets up the premise for Prime 4 and continues a story that hadn't been touched in nearly 10 years. I think it's far more likely than not.

These comments just made me imagine a 2.5D Metroid with the option to go first person and scan for details/secrets. As much as I loved Prime, I enjoyed the exploration above all else.

Scrawnton

I'm happy we're having discussions about more than Mario and Wii U ports being shown tomorrow. Let's raise those expectations.
I really do expect a sequel to Xenoblade Chronocles X to be shown tomorrow. Monolith and Nintendo put in a lot of time and money for that engine and I bet it allowed them to easily be able to develop a sequel in a timely manner. I expect a port announcement for X and a blowout for its sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom